Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Welcome aboard

, Discuss TV of golden era...

3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Welcome aboard, Discuss TV of golden era...
vivekpm
post Nov 25 2003, 10:47 AM
Post #31

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 120

His famous lines AFAIR were, Vikram, mera peechha chhod de... mein tujhe kha jaaonga..

Girish Karnad was a fantastic anchor in Turning Point and so was Naseerudin Shah..
unfortunately I cant recall the name of the serial... was it Antaraal?

The most famous line that we as kids used to repeat from vikram-vaital was "Vikram tu Bola Aur Main Chala...". The music of this serial was also good. Haunting melody.

I don't remember the name of that Girish Karnad serial. Was it Thoda Sa Aasman or something? Yeah Turning Point was great. Then I remember curfew like scenes during chayageet and chitrahaar.

Television Rulezzzzzzz....

Cheers,
Vivek.

V i V e K ...

--------------------------------------------

Education is a progressive discovery of our own ignorance.
-- Will Durant

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Sharad
post Dec 17 2003, 10:05 AM
Post #32

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 7

When I was in INdia, i used to watch a drama called TALASH
alok nath was main guy
i enjoyed that one
also Fateechar - rakesh bedi

I forget some other ones
late 80s, early 90s

Sharad

+Quote Post
p1j
post Dec 17 2003, 11:54 AM
Post #33

Group Icon

Member No.: 8

Yes Talaash was good... Apart from Alok Nath I think the serial did featured Vijayendra too... But I remember serial only for its title song.... As it was taken from "Tum pukar lo, tumhara intezaar hai"...

"Jeevan ek pyaas hai
sabhi ko kuchh talaash hai"
sung by some clown of hemant da...

+Quote Post
sdvkumar
post Jan 12 2004, 10:45 PM
Post #34

Unregistered

Does Any body knows,where we can get old tv serials like..Mr Yogi....

+Quote Post
manishbhatia
post Feb 24 2004, 03:21 PM
Post #35

Group Icon

Member No.: 295

QUOTE (parekhashok @ Nov 16 2003, 04:57 PM)
Along with Fauji, we must remember Circus and another serial of Shah Rukh Khan (was it Sanza Chulha or another Punjab based serial?). No one knew that those serials were stepping stone for SRK to become a big star of Hindi Cinema in few years !

Shahrukh Khan Khan acted in following serials
1.Fauji-His first Serial in 1988 in which he acted as Cap Abhimanu Rai.
This serial was exclusively shot in Rajputana Rifles Regiment Delhi Cantt.
2.Dil Dariya
3.Doosra Kewal
4.Circus directed by his mentor Aziz Mirza
+Quote Post
manishbhatia
post Feb 24 2004, 03:41 PM
Post #36

Group Icon

Member No.: 295

I was very small when delhi doordarshan serials were used to be telecasted.As far as my memory i remember the following channels that were telecasted during 1980-1994.
1.Hum Log(1984)
2.Yaatra-A beautiful serial with OM Puri as the anchor whio describes all his experiences on Indian Railways while travelling from kanyakumari to kashmir.
3.Intezaar-All the major Nukkad actors along with Rajendra Gupta,Pavan Malhotra,Sangeeta Naik etc.The main theme was mother waiting for her son finally gets her son back.All the shooting took place at railway platform.Rajendra Gupta played the role of Station Master.
4.Hum Pannchi ek daal ke-A beautiful children's serial depicting the hopes and aspirations of poor children.
5.Faauji-Excellent serial by SRK that depicts life of soldier both during training and war.
6.Prahari-Another serial on Armed Forces.
7.Ek do Teen Char-A group of four children solves mystries along with aziz kuraishi.
8.Mamaji-A hilarious comedy by Deven Verma
9.Aa bail Mujhe Maar-Amol Palekar & Bharati Achreker
10.Yeh jo hai zindagi-Another comedy featuring rakesh bedi,swaroop sampat and shafi inamdaar.
11.Buniyaad-A multi starrer serial depicting pre and post independence era
12.Karwa sach-A serial by Tariq shah
13.Inkaar-Sudesh berry plays the cop trying to save drug addicted person
14.Yeh duniya gazab ki-A light comedy serial featuring rakesh bedi,shail chaturvedi,achut potedar .
15.Mashaal
16.Miyan biwi ki baatein-A serial on issues of husband and wife featuring Priya Tendulkar directed by her husband.
17.Dopahar ka prasaran-A new experiment by dd which was a one hour show
(1:45-2:45)P.M.It was started on 26th January 1989.
18.Jantar Mantar-A hindi version of Star Trek featuring Vikram Gokhale.
19.Space City Sigma-Same Theme
20.Shanti Jasoos
21Karamchand-Pankaj Kapoor plays the role of spy along with his assistant Sushmita Mukherjee.
22.Show Theme-Used to come on Sunday morning and play film trailers based on some theme.
23.Basera-Good Comedy serial which depicts the tussle between the landlord and tenants.The main characters were Mehmood and Channa Ruparel.
24.Mullah Naserruddin-A comedy serial featuring raquveer yadav,manohar singh,vijay kashyap and anchored by zohra sehgal.
25.Dada Dadi ki kahaniyan-Aired synonomous with Vikram Aur Betaal was another sagar's production.Dada's role was played by Ashok Kumar who used to tell stories to children
26.Bhim Bhavani-Another Ashok Kumar Starrer with his brother Anoop Kumar
27.Nirmala-serial based on novel of Premchand.Except Preeti Khare i don't know other characters.
28.Charitraheen
29.Kuch Khoya Kuch Paaya-Hindi serial of Marathi culture starring Rohini Hatangadi.
30.Phulwanti-a serial on courtesean dancer phulwanti.Characters were Archana Jogelkar and Arun Govil
31.Aakhari daav-Featuring Farookh sheikh and dipti naval
32.Guni Raam-Another comedy serial by Rakesh Bedi
+Quote Post
SharadV
post Jun 16 2008, 12:17 AM
Post #37

Unregistered

QUOTE(manishw @ Nov 20 2003, 04:55 PM) *

QUOTE(parekhashok @ Nov 16 2003, 04:57 PM)
Along with Fauji, we must remember Circus and another serial of Shah Rukh Khan (was it Sanza Chulha or another Punjab based serial?). No one knew that those serials were stepping stone for SRK to become a big star of Hindi Cinema in few years !

Ashokji, the punjabi based Shahrukh Khan's serial was 'Dil Dariya' and not 'Sanjha Chulha'.

Regards,
Manish

Ashokji / Manish,

The posting is pretty old so I donlt know if you are interested in the thread, but here it is:

I think the name of the series was Sanjha Chulha only. It had a title song that went "Di Sa Dost na Dil sa dusman kaun isse pehchaane .. Dil Dariya Samundaro doonge (? - didn't catch the meaning of the word though) Kaun Dilan-di Jaane"
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 11:10 PM