Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Welcome aboard
Hamara Forums > TV Series > Oldies-Goldies
p1j
Welcome aboard to Oldies-Goldies forum...
There was a time when most of us had a fevicol bond with the TV sets... When TV menu had some of the best (and not so best) programmes to offer like, Chitrahaar, Evening Feature Films(Regional films and Foreign films specially children films), Quiz Shows (Quiz time, Mashoor Mahal), TV Serials (Ye Jo hai zindagi, hum log, buniyaad, karam chand, Titu-toni's top ten), Foreign dose (Star Trek, Different strokes, famous five ), some of the unforgettable Dramas.. music programmes like Aarohi, Saregama (at its best), Documentaries and news capsules like must see national news at 8.40pm, the world this week, and news track to name a few..
Lets try to recapture some of the moments of that time....
Lets talk!

Pavan Jha
Chitralekha
Also remember Rangoli? And there was this other suspense mystery kind of serial, I forgot the name of it. It had Kiron Kher, Liliput (was that his real name?) - he was this tiny funny looking guy and there was also Sayeed Jafrey. Hum Paanch was quite funny. Then they had started Maha Bharat after Ramayan, then came Chanakya and now they have Shri Krishna, Jai Veer Hanuman and Om Namah Shivaay. Do they still show these? And Door Darshan also showed the "ek anek aur ekta" cartoon video for kids. Kya din the.. *sigh* miss those days. Being away out of India, one misses all these goodies.

Chitralekha

Pradeep
Chitralekha, how do you know about all this? Were you in India b4?
Pradeep
Do you guys remember Chhabili. It had such a catchy theme song.

Naar Naveli Naam Chhabili,
Unmein Hein Matavali,
Josh Bahut Hai, Hosh Magar Kam,
Baat Badi Karadaali.. Naar Naveli...

Karni Baite Kaam Koyi Jab, Uska Kuch Hojaaye,
Apni Jaal Mein Phasi Chhabili, Jab Ko Khub Hasaaye,
Karni.... something... something...
Chitralekha
QUOTE (Pradeep @ Oct 30 2003, 11:11 PM)
Chitralekha, how do you know about all this? Were you in India b4?

Haanji. Of course I was smile.gif Been out for only few years.
p1j
Pradeep,

I think Chhabili was Indian version of The Lucy show... Mausami chaterjee played the title role, Jayant Kriplani played his husband.. The news is another serial on The Lucy Show is about to make a debute with the title "Hamari bahu malini aiyyar".. Sri Devi playing the title role...

Pavan

p1j
QUOTE (Chitralekha @ Oct 31 2003, 12:32 PM)
Also remember Rangoli? And there was this other suspense mystery kind of serial, I forgot the name of it. It had Kiron Kher, Liliput (was that his real name?) - he was this tiny funny looking guy and there was also Sayeed Jafrey. Hum Paanch was quite funny. Then they had started Maha Bharat after Ramayan, then came Chanakya and now they have Shri Krishna, Jai Veer Hanuman and Om Namah Shivaay. Do they still show these? And Door Darshan also showed the "ek anek aur ekta" cartoon video for kids. Kya din the.. *sigh* miss those days. Being away out of India, one misses all these goodies.

Chitralekha

Yes I forgot Rangoli.. my morning breakfast on TV...

As for the Kiron Kher serial is concerned I think you are refering to Isi Bahane... which featured Mazhar Khan, Ratna Pathak and Sushmita Mukherjee too.. apart from some good comic scenes and pretty good performances, the serial also featured a few episode long mushaira with some good ghazals.. I remember Suresh Wadkar singing "Mumkin hai safar ho aasaan". I think this serial was based on some foreign novel and directed by Aanand Mahendru(Idhar Udhar and Dekh Bhai Dekh)

Thanks for reminding...

Pavan
Pradeep
QUOTE (p1j @ Oct 31 2003, 07:30 PM)
Pradeep,

I think Chhabili was Indian version of The Lucy show... Mausami chaterjee played the title role, Jayant Kriplani played his husband.. The news is another serial on The Lucy Show is about to make a debute with the title "Hamari bahu malini aiyyar".. Sri Devi playing the title role...

Pavan

Pavan, was it Moushmi or shobha Khote? I remember seeing Shobha Khote. Are we referring to the 8.30 morning 15 min comic serial?

I wonder who will play Ricky biggrin.gif
p1j
Pradeep,

AFAIR Chhabili featured Maushami Chaterjee.. I think the one you are refering to is "Dhat Tere Ki" featuring Shobha Khote and Hareesh Patel...
Pradeep
Yes... that was Dhat Teri Ki. Her name was Chhabili in it. So assumed the name to be Chhabili.
manishw

Nice to get reminded of the good ol times.. smile.gif

My favourite used to be 'Star Trek' (the original one). Still remember the title..
William Shatner as 'Captain James Kirk', Leonard Nimoy as 'Mr. Spock', Deforest Kelly as 'Dr. McCoy'.
If I still go back to the primary school days then there was this 'Fireball XL5'. Later there were 'He-Man' and 'Spiderman' which had many reruns later on, but it was great when it was aired for the first time. Then there was 'Giant Robot' hehe.. it used to be fun.

Anyone interested in the titles of Star Trek, Fireball, Differetn Strokes, He-Man, Fraggle Rock... i can upload them. Had the Spiderman title too but it got corrupted sad.gif

Also does any one remember the detective serails 'The Old Fox' and 'Shoestring'?

Some more old programmes would include 'Phool Khile Hain Gulshan Gulshan' anchored by Tabassum. It used to be a treat to watch it. We even used to look forward to 'Saptahiki'.. 'Chhayageet' and then later on 'Chitrahaar'.
I used to like Jayant Kripalni who also used to come in quite a few serials. There was one 'Mr Mrs' which had Jayant Kripalni and Archana Puran Singh.

Also anyone remembers an English serial 'Danger Bay' which used to come on Sunday mornings? I used to love its title. Does anyone have it?

I guess that was too much of nostalgia for today tongue.gif

Cheers!
Manish
Lata
Here r a few more yeh jo hai zindagi, ados pados, wagle ki duniya, mungerilal ke haseen sapne, then there was a serial on superstitions starring sulabha deshpande, babloo etc... I cant seem to recollect the name of this serial. Does anyone remember??? honee anhonee, Yes, Old fox was very good. Then Fauji and who can forget Vikram aur Vetal. I can still visualise the title song.........

rgds,

Lata
Pradeep
Kakkaji Kahen ... one of the best performances by Om Puri.

Yogi..... (
Yogi introduces himself to a gal: Y I Yogi?
Girl replies: thatz your problem
)

biggrin.gif
p1j
Chitralekha,
Sulabha Deshpande's serial on superstitions was Chhoti Chhoti Baatein directed by Bhimsen (Director of film Gharonda)... it also featured Arvind Deshpande..

Pradeep,
Prior to Kakka Ji Kahin, there was another superb serial of Om Puri, Raag Darbaari.. simply one of the best serials... Om Puri later featured in Gulzar's Kirdaar too.. Recently he was seen in Sea Hawks..

Mr. Yogi was a good one.. Mohan Gokhale was fantastic in the title role... unfortunately he is no more....

Manish,

The first Star Trek was just too good..
but Star Trek Next Generation was a big disappointment...
I think Shoestring was Edi Shoestring... Old fox was very good and our own Karamchand was also very interesting...

and there was Street Hawk...

Some british comedies that I remember were The Odd Couple, Yes Priminister and Are you being served..

and who can forget the Lucy and DeeDee's show?

-p1j
manishw
QUOTE (Pradeep @ Nov 13 2003, 10:30 AM)
Kakkaji Kahen ... one of the best performances by Om Puri.

Yogi..... (
Yogi introduces himself to a gal: Y I Yogi?
Girl replies: thatz your problem
)

biggrin.gif

Hehe.. Pradeep, that was Y I Patel tongue.gif in Mr. Yogi played by Mohan Gokhale.
manishw
QUOTE (p1j @ Nov 13 2003, 11:21 AM)
Manish,

The first Star Trek was just too good..
but Star Trek Next Generation was a big disappointment...
I think Shoestring was Edi Shoestring... Old fox was very good and our own Karamchand was also very interesting...

and there was Street Hawk...

Some british comedies that I remember were The Odd Couple, Yes Priminister and Are you being served..

and who can forget the Lucy and DeeDee's show?

-p1j

Ya Pavan and .. 'Star Trek-The Next Generation' is nowhere near the original. Infact I can't stand a minute of the new series.

Hehe.. and nice to be reminded of 'DeeDee's Comedy Show' IMO the funniest programme ever.

Ya.. the 'Lucy Show' which was earlier called 'I Love Lucy'. I always found 'Yes Prime Minister' boring(since I couldn't understand it then tongue.gif). It was earlier named 'Yes Minister'.

Cheers!
Manish
Lata
Then there was Different strokes. That was also funny. Then the serial with the Pathak sisters.Was it ados pados only??? There was also a serial on college students with drug addiction problems. Subha was the serial's name I think. The tiltle song went something like this ay zamane tere, samne aa gaye.......subha........something like that.
parekhashok
The serial with Pathak sisters (Ratna & Supriya) was Idhar Udhar, a nice one by director Anand Mahendru.

Then, remember "Kachhi Dhoop" by Amol Palekar in which Urmila Matondkar appeared? Another children serial "Ek Do Tin Chaar" also became quite famous at that time.

Regards
Ashok
parekhashok
Along with Fauji, we must remember Circus and another serial of Shah Rukh Khan (was it Sanza Chulha or another Punjab based serial?). No one knew that those serials were stepping stone for SRK to become a big star of Hindi Cinema in few years !
p1j
QUOTE (parekhashok @ Nov 16 2003, 04:51 PM)
The serial with Pathak sisters (Ratna & Supriya) was Idhar Udhar, a nice one by director Anand Mahendru.

Then, remember "Kachhi Dhoop" by Amol Palekar in which Urmila Matondkar appeared? Another children serial "Ek Do Tin Chaar" also became quite famous at that time. 

Regards
Ashok

Kachchi Dhoop featured Bhagyashree (as eldest daughter of the three) and Ashutosh Govarikar (as her tutor and lover)..

Kachchi Dhoop, gunguni dhoop
kachchi Dhoop, gunguni dhoop

zindagi ke aangan mein
umra ki dahleez par

roz(?) khili milti hai (am not sure about this line.. was it roz khadi rahti hai))
ek baar ek baar ek baar..

kachchi Dhoop, gunguni dhoop

a good serial indeed..
-p1j
Lata
Do u remember Chunauti [ again college students serial ] then asia bhi hota hai, bante bigadte, mujrim Hazir. I think Nutan starred in Mujrin Hazir. Can someone please tell me about aisa bhi hota hai, bante bigadte and chunauti. I just cant seem to recollect them. Then there was Khandaan with Neena Gupta and Mohan Bhandari. The very early TV programmes like Kilbil and in Mumbai they showed amchi maati amchi manse..

rgds,

Lata
p1j
Quiz:
'Banate Bigadate ' , the serial introduced one of the finest actors of bollywood today, to the national audience...
Can you name the debutant?

-p1j
p1j
Yes Chunauti was a good one.. The title song was good, sung by Amit Kumar (Music : Sapan Jagmohan most probably).

Man ek seepi hai
Asha moti hai

har pal jeevan ka ek chunauti hai

Aisa bhi hota hai was a trivial show (Sunday morning), which featured believe it or not stuff from various parts of India.. I think it was presented by some Mona?

Bante Bigadte was a comedy show.. I think it was a debute for director Rakesh Chaudhary, (who later directed Muzrim Hazir for sure and may be chunauti too)
featured Reeta Bhaduri, Ajeet Vachchani and ?? (check out the quiz)
The title song was

Bante bigdte, bigadte bante
jaise ye duniya
kabhi hanste to kabhi rote..
jaise ye duniya..

Muzrim Hazir was a fantastic adaption of a Bimal Mitra Novel.. Nutan played Taliganj ki bahu.. do you remember "hun huna re hun huna"...
Virendra and Navni Parihaar played the lead pair.. but it was out and out Nutan's show... she was remarkable....

Khandaan was the father of all the sops that are on air these days.. Industrial Rivalaries, Story of Parivaars with many generations living together, their differences, love stories, vidrohs, shares game.. everything was covered... I think it was directed by Sreedhar Ksheersaaagar. Apart from Mohan Bhandari and Neena Gupta it featured Dr. Shreeram Lagoo and Sujata Mehta too...

The title was
Khandaan, khaandaan
Rishton ki daastaan

-p1j
Lata
QUOTE (p1j @ Nov 17 2003, 11:40 PM)
Yes Chunauti was a good one.. The title song was good, sung by Amit Kumar (Music : Sapan Jagmohan most probably).

Man ek seepi hai
Asha moti hai

har pal jeevan ka ek chunauti hai

Aisa bhi hota hai was a trivial show (Sunday morning), which featured believe it or not stuff from various parts of India.. I think it was presented by some Mona?

Bante Bigadte was a comedy show.. I think it was a debute for director Rakesh Chaudhary, (who later directed Muzrim Hazir for sure and may be chunauti too)
featured Reeta Bhaduri, Ajeet Vachchani and ?? (check out the quiz)
The title song was

Bante bigdte, bigadte bante
jaise ye duniya
kabhi hanste to kabhi rote..
jaise ye duniya..

Muzrim Hazir was a fantastic adaption of a Bimal Mitra Novel.. Nutan played Taliganj ki bahu.. do you remember "hun huna re hun huna"...
Virendra and Navni Parihaar played the lead pair.. but it was out and out Nutan's show... she was remarkable....

Khandaan was the father of all the sops that are on air these days.. Industrial Rivalaries, Story of Parivaars with many generations living together, their differences, love stories, vidrohs, shares game.. everything was covered... I think it was directed by Sreedhar Ksheersaaagar. Apart from Mohan Bhandari and Neena Gupta it featured Dr. Shreeram Lagoo and Sujata Mehta too...

The title was
Khandaan, khaandaan
Rishton ki daastaan

-p1j

WoW !! Pavanji,

U've got a fantastic memory. Thanks for telling me about these serials. Yes, hun huna re hun huna now that rings a bell. Chunauti too, I remembered the title song. Did Chutki from Hum log also play a part in Chunauti?? I still cant place bante bigadte. Maybe after u tell the name of the third actor biggrin.gif

Lata
manishw
QUOTE (Lata @ Nov 13 2003, 06:29 PM)
Then there was Different strokes. That was also funny. Then the serial with the Pathak sisters.Was it ados pados only??? There was also a serial on college students with drug addiction problems. Subha was the serial's name I think. The tiltle song went something like this ay zamane tere, samne aa gaye.......subha........something like that.

Ya Lata.. the title of Subah was very good. I liked 'Subah' more than 'Chunauti'. I used to find the college ragging in 'Subha' terrifying in my school days smile.gif
Subah more or less depicted the decadent society of the 80s when drug abuse had peaked.

Regards,
Manish
manishw
QUOTE (parekhashok @ Nov 16 2003, 04:57 PM)
Along with Fauji, we must remember Circus and another serial of Shah Rukh Khan (was it Sanza Chulha or another Punjab based serial?). No one knew that those serials were stepping stone for SRK to become a big star of Hindi Cinema in few years !

Ashokji, the punjabi based Shahrukh Khan's serial was 'Dil Dariya' and not 'Sanjha Chulha'.

Regards,
Manish
kcp
Its believed that those days ( when Dawood was the King of Bollywood - undisputed ), Shahrukh's dad came to Dubai to beg for his son ( there was some common friend who got this meeting with SK's dad and DI )

Apun ke sar pe aisa haath hota to apun bhi kahaan se kahaan pahunchta biggrin.gif
p1j
QUOTE (p1j @ Nov 17 2003, 10:55 PM)
Quiz:
'Banate Bigadate ' , the serial introduced one of the finest actors of bollywood today, to the national audience...
Can you name the debutant?

-p1j

No one trying..

Let me reveal the answer...

Paresh Raawal (played Himmat Bhai)

vivekpm
I think this is quite an old thread but I joined it today...

Was feeling very nostalgic reading all these posts. I vividly remember seeing serials like SpiderMan and Giant Robot when I was a kid.

Amongst my other fav serials were Vikram & Vaital (I loved that Vikram Vikram Vikram... background score). I suppose this was Arun Govil's first hit serial b4 Ramayan. Then there were serials like Malgudi Days (Ta Na Na Ta Na Na Na Re...) and Tenali Raman (Bale Bale Bale Tenali Raman...)

Serials those days had catchy title songs which are still inscribed on my minds. Then I remember watching Rajni, Hum Panchi Ek Chal Ke, Mungeri Lal Ke Haseen Sapne, Wagle Ki Duniya...

Surely a golden era for telivision especially for Doordarshan...

Then there was one serial featuring Girish Karnad wherin he adopts a son and his daughter (Was it Pallavi Joshi??) finds it difficult initially to adjust...Someone remember's this?

Gr8 thread...

Cheers,
p1j
QUOTE (vivekpm @ Nov 22 2003, 06:18 PM)
I think this is quite an old thread but I joined it today...

Was feeling very nostalgic reading all these posts. I vividly remember seeing serials like SpiderMan and Giant Robot when I was a kid.

Amongst my other fav serials were Vikram & Vaital (I loved that Vikram Vikram Vikram... background score). I suppose this was Arun Govil's first hit serial b4 Ramayan. Then there were serials like Malgudi Days (Ta Na Na Ta Na Na Na Re...) and Tenali Raman (Bale Bale Bale Tenali Raman...)

Serials those days had catchy title songs which are still inscribed on my minds. Then I remember watching Rajni, Hum Panchi Ek Chal Ke, Mungeri Lal Ke Haseen Sapne, Wagle Ki Duniya...

Surely a golden era for telivision especially for Doordarshan...

Then there was one serial featuring Girish Karnad wherin he adopts a son and his daughter (Was it Pallavi Joshi??) finds it difficult initially to adjust...Someone remember's this?

Gr8 thread...

Cheers,

Giant Robot was one of my favourites... I was so attached to the serial at that time that I wept when the Robot dies in the last episode...

Vikram aur Baital was a Sagar house production.. I remember reading somewhere that Sagars have released Vikram aur Baital on VCD's recently but couldn't find it in the market.. Sajjan, the Baital was the main attraction of the serial... His famous lines AFAIR were, Vikram, mera peechha chhod de... mein tujhe kha jaaonga..

Malgudi days was a masterpiece.. simply one of the finest serials ever made. it still gets aired on Sony TV.

Girish Karnad was a fantastic anchor in Turning Point and so was Naseerudin Shah..
unfortunately I cant recall the name of the serial... was it Antaraal?

vivekpm

His famous lines AFAIR were, Vikram, mera peechha chhod de... mein tujhe kha jaaonga..

Girish Karnad was a fantastic anchor in Turning Point and so was Naseerudin Shah..
unfortunately I cant recall the name of the serial... was it Antaraal?

The most famous line that we as kids used to repeat from vikram-vaital was "Vikram tu Bola Aur Main Chala...". The music of this serial was also good. Haunting melody.

I don't remember the name of that Girish Karnad serial. Was it Thoda Sa Aasman or something? Yeah Turning Point was great. Then I remember curfew like scenes during chayageet and chitrahaar.

Television Rulezzzzzzz....

Cheers,
Vivek.
Sharad
When I was in INdia, i used to watch a drama called TALASH
alok nath was main guy
i enjoyed that one
also Fateechar - rakesh bedi

I forget some other ones
late 80s, early 90s

Sharad
p1j
Yes Talaash was good... Apart from Alok Nath I think the serial did featured Vijayendra too... But I remember serial only for its title song.... As it was taken from "Tum pukar lo, tumhara intezaar hai"...

"Jeevan ek pyaas hai
sabhi ko kuchh talaash hai"
sung by some clown of hemant da...

sdvkumar
Does Any body knows,where we can get old tv serials like..Mr Yogi....

manishbhatia
QUOTE (parekhashok @ Nov 16 2003, 04:57 PM)

Shahrukh Khan Khan acted in following serials
1.Fauji-His first Serial in 1988 in which he acted as Cap Abhimanu Rai.
This serial was exclusively shot in Rajputana Rifles Regiment Delhi Cantt.
2.Dil Dariya
3.Doosra Kewal
4.Circus directed by his mentor Aziz Mirza
manishbhatia
I was very small when delhi doordarshan serials were used to be telecasted.As far as my memory i remember the following channels that were telecasted during 1980-1994.
1.Hum Log(1984)
2.Yaatra-A beautiful serial with OM Puri as the anchor whio describes all his experiences on Indian Railways while travelling from kanyakumari to kashmir.
3.Intezaar-All the major Nukkad actors along with Rajendra Gupta,Pavan Malhotra,Sangeeta Naik etc.The main theme was mother waiting for her son finally gets her son back.All the shooting took place at railway platform.Rajendra Gupta played the role of Station Master.
4.Hum Pannchi ek daal ke-A beautiful children's serial depicting the hopes and aspirations of poor children.
5.Faauji-Excellent serial by SRK that depicts life of soldier both during training and war.
6.Prahari-Another serial on Armed Forces.
7.Ek do Teen Char-A group of four children solves mystries along with aziz kuraishi.
8.Mamaji-A hilarious comedy by Deven Verma
9.Aa bail Mujhe Maar-Amol Palekar & Bharati Achreker
10.Yeh jo hai zindagi-Another comedy featuring rakesh bedi,swaroop sampat and shafi inamdaar.
11.Buniyaad-A multi starrer serial depicting pre and post independence era
12.Karwa sach-A serial by Tariq shah
13.Inkaar-Sudesh berry plays the cop trying to save drug addicted person
14.Yeh duniya gazab ki-A light comedy serial featuring rakesh bedi,shail chaturvedi,achut potedar .
15.Mashaal
16.Miyan biwi ki baatein-A serial on issues of husband and wife featuring Priya Tendulkar directed by her husband.
17.Dopahar ka prasaran-A new experiment by dd which was a one hour show
(1:45-2:45)P.M.It was started on 26th January 1989.
18.Jantar Mantar-A hindi version of Star Trek featuring Vikram Gokhale.
19.Space City Sigma-Same Theme
20.Shanti Jasoos
21Karamchand-Pankaj Kapoor plays the role of spy along with his assistant Sushmita Mukherjee.
22.Show Theme-Used to come on Sunday morning and play film trailers based on some theme.
23.Basera-Good Comedy serial which depicts the tussle between the landlord and tenants.The main characters were Mehmood and Channa Ruparel.
24.Mullah Naserruddin-A comedy serial featuring raquveer yadav,manohar singh,vijay kashyap and anchored by zohra sehgal.
25.Dada Dadi ki kahaniyan-Aired synonomous with Vikram Aur Betaal was another sagar's production.Dada's role was played by Ashok Kumar who used to tell stories to children
26.Bhim Bhavani-Another Ashok Kumar Starrer with his brother Anoop Kumar
27.Nirmala-serial based on novel of Premchand.Except Preeti Khare i don't know other characters.
28.Charitraheen
29.Kuch Khoya Kuch Paaya-Hindi serial of Marathi culture starring Rohini Hatangadi.
30.Phulwanti-a serial on courtesean dancer phulwanti.Characters were Archana Jogelkar and Arun Govil
31.Aakhari daav-Featuring Farookh sheikh and dipti naval
32.Guni Raam-Another comedy serial by Rakesh Bedi
SharadV
QUOTE(manishw @ Nov 20 2003, 04:55 PM) *

QUOTE(parekhashok @ Nov 16 2003, 04:57 PM)

Ashokji, the punjabi based Shahrukh Khan's serial was 'Dil Dariya' and not 'Sanjha Chulha'.

Regards,
Manish

Ashokji / Manish,

The posting is pretty old so I donlt know if you are interested in the thread, but here it is:

I think the name of the series was Sanjha Chulha only. It had a title song that went "Di Sa Dost na Dil sa dusman kaun isse pehchaane .. Dil Dariya Samundaro doonge (? - didn't catch the meaning of the word though) Kaun Dilan-di Jaane"
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.