Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anda Naal Nyabagam
Hamara Forums > Music > Regional Music > Tamil
Pages: 1, 2, 3
unni
This new thread will feature memorable Tamil classics.

Here's the doyen Madurai Mani Iyer singing "Kandan Karunai Puriyum Vadivel" in Raag Bhimpalasi. The same tune was heard in Hindi, "Veena Madhur Madhur Kachhu Bol" from "Ram Rajya" (1943) sung by Saraswati Rane.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
gkshyam
bye.gif Well......That was a Great beginning......starting with Tamil Classics. Therefore, I duly follow it up with two more GEMS. These are from the Legendary Film "MEERA", which shot the versatile musical legend M.S.Subbalakshmi bow.gif to heights beyond compare...........ENJOY THESE SONGS!!!!!!! smile1.gif

Film: MEERA (1945)
Song1: Enathu Ullame
Actress/Singer: M.S.Subbalakshmi
Lyrics: Papanasam Sivan
Music: S.V.Venkataraman

Song2: Kaatrinile Varum Geetham
Actress/Singer: M.S.Subbalakshmi
Lyrics: Kalki Krishnamurthy
Music: S.V.Venkataraman

Infact all the songs from this Epic Film were Great Hits.....I've got these too......Looking out for other songs from this film. If anybody can be of help, Will be really gr888!!!!! smile1.gif thumbs-up.gif
unni
GKS:

I've the following albums featuring Smt. M. S. Subbulakshmi singing for films:

MEERA
SAKUNTALAI
SAVITHRI
SEVASADANAM

But I was hoping to go on to my favourites of TMS and P. Sushila. sad1.gif
gkshyam
HEHEHE!!!!!! smile3.gif laugh.gif Sure Unni.......I too have no probs in going on to the next era...of TMS and P.Susheela etc..........But it was YOU who started off...the proceedings......(read postings)........with the introduction "This new thread will feature memorable Tamil classics".....and went on to post that Madurai Mani Iyer's song........Hence I followed it up with the Meera uploads (which any layman would definitely rate as some of the BEST songs in Tamil Cinema History).. clap1.gif bow.gif ......Hope I didn't deviate from the thread's viewpoint by doing that. wink2.gif

Anyways....If you want to proceed directly to the TMS-PS era, you are most welcome to do so........But, you would surely make me a happy man, if you could atleast PM those albums to me, if you didn't want to post them here. smile1.gif thumbs-up.gif gift.gif
unni
GKS:

I was just kidding. Sure, I'd be most happy to upload the songs from the MS movies I mentioned.

Just that we have featured MS previously in the forum and particularly just after her sad demise. But have not had an opportunity to fling some MGR and Sivaji numbers into this musical fray!

By "classics" I did not mean just heavy-weight music, but more like memorable songs that stand the test of time. Songs like TMS's "Ponaal Poghattum Poda" and Sushila's 'Sonnathu Neethana".

So, do please feel free to post in this thread songs of your choice. After all, it's all about sharing.
gkshyam
Ok....Unni........Agreed.........So here's me starting with some 'not-THAT-old' songs.....Just Random songs.....Hope you enjoy...... thumbs-up.gif

SONG1: Unnai Naa Santhithen
Film: Aayriathil Oruvan
Singer: P.Susheela

SONG2: Maraindirindu Paarkum
Film: Thillaana Mohanaambaal
Singer: P.Susheela
Music: K.V.Mahadevan

One more note.........Just as I had put up an appeal on the fusion forum....Same applies here.........Unfortunately Unni, Since the Tamil forum started.....only You, Abbas and me have been posting out here... cry.gif .....I sincerely appeal to all music lovers @ HF, to encourage and promote this thread, by generously coming out with posts, discussions, uploads etc. Each of your contributions would be sincerely appreciated...... gift.gif smile1.gif
unni
GKS:

We'll have to give allowance for the fact that we have few active Tamilian members. Hence, we cannot really expect a great deal of participation in this sub-forum. But, hopefully, in time there will be more activity in this and other sub-forums.

Here are two famous songs, one by T. M. Sounderajan and the other by P. Sushila, singers who dominated the film music scene of Madras in the 60's, similar to the Rafi/Lata duo in Bombay's Hindi film industry.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

pranavjh
I am not tamilian so I unfortunately do not have names of movies or songs that I can remember or request correctly. I do, however LOVE music of Illayaraja and would love to get my hands on some of the popular numbers of raja like Maunaragam. I'll try to list a few songs that I am looking for. Once again, apologies if I misspelt them

1) Needa ne (SPB)
2) Panivizhum manarvanum (SPB)
3) Neela ve va (SPB)
4) Puttum puda kaalai (female)
5) Poove sim poove (Yesudas)
6) Ennu sattam (SPB)
7) Sangeeta megham (SPB)

Thanks

Pranav
gkshyam
Well....I surely have heard 2-3 of those songs......Will search for the songs you've put up......Lets see if we get it...... smile.gif
sangeetbhakt
QUOTE(pranavjh @ May 17 2005, 10:27 PM)
I am not tamilian so I unfortunately do not have names of movies or songs that I can remember or request correctly. I do, however LOVE music of Illayaraja and would love to get my hands on some of the popular numbers of raja like Maunaragam. I'll try to list a few songs that I am looking for. Once again, apologies if I misspelt them

1) Needa ne (SPB)
2) Panivizhum manarvanum (SPB)
3) Neela ve va (SPB)
4) Puttum puda kaalai (female)
5) Poove sim poove (Yesudas)
6) Ennu sattam (SPB)
7) Sangeeta megham (SPB)

Thanks

Pranav

I am pretty sure I have all the songs mentioned above. But I am going
to start with songs by my favorite contemporary singer SPB. The SPB/Ilayaraja
combination is total dynamite.

Here are "Panivizhum malarvanam" and "Neethaane yenthan pon vasantham".
sangeetbhakt
Here are "Yenna sattam intha neram" and "Nilaave va"
sangeetbhakt
Next up are "Sangeetha megham" and "Poove sempoove"
sangeetbhakt
Finally "Puthham puthu kaalai"
pranavjh
bow.gif bow.gif bow.gif bow.gif

Thank you!!!

Pranav
unni
Click to view attachment
unni
GKS:

I hadn't forgotten! tongue.gif

Starting with an M.S. classic from "SAVITRI" (1941). After the tracks from this movie, I shall upload the ones from "SEVASADANAM":

Click to view attachment
gkshyam
GREAT SONG!!!!! Thanks a million Unni.......still vividly recollect MS as Narada.....singing this song......what a beautiful rendition......So Divine.... smile1.gif bow.gif
Nimii
RPG has released great albums in memory of MS!!

Juz saw two lots yest at MW.

N smile1.gif
unni
Click to view attachment
sangeetbhakt
Here is a song from "PaNama paasama" sung b L R Eswari. She does
an excellent job especially with the bad pronounciations. A singer who
sings with effortless ease.
visuja
Hello all,

Thanks for all those early MS numbers. Have never heard them before.

Since the forum's been quiet for sometime, let me try and revive it.

Here's a nice number from the late 70's by Isaignyaani - IR

Song : Ninaivo Oru Paravai
Film : Sivappu Rojakkal
Music : Ilayaraja
Year : 1978
Singers : Kamal Haasan, S. Janaki

The humming is quite good, esp by Kamal.

Isnt this the same film in which Kamal played an out and out negative character ? One of the earliest anti-hero films that Ive seen. I think it was also remade in Hindi as 'Red Rose' featuring Rajesh Khanna

Enjoy !

Vivek
Nimii
Vivek did you know that Sivapu Rojakkal was remade in hindi with Rajesh Khanna and Poonam Dhillon. Nalla Kishore Kumar paatu irukku adhuley wink2.gif

The other songs from Sivappu Rojakkal - Inda miniminukku kannil oru... (SJ does a lot of giggling towards the end of the song).

Kamal was class in this movie!

IR my favourite film albums are Payangal Mudivathillai, Ammal Koyil Kizhakaale, Mouna Raagam.. ayyo list perisaa irukkey smile1.gif

N smile1.gif
ps:I plan to sing one of the songs from AKK and upload sometime soon wink2.gif aparum paaru GKS paatai kekkarathai vittuduvaar wink2.gif
AzgarKhan
While browsing TV channels I came across a Tamil Music Channel, I guess its SUN-TV, on which I saw a song of Pooja Bhatt and some Tamil hero. The song was copied from an arabic tune. If you guys can upload that song or atleast PM me I would really appreciate.

Although I dont really understand tamil, I love that song so much.
I am sure Tamilians wont let me down.
visuja
QUOTE(AzgarKhan @ Jul 22 2005, 12:15 PM)
While browsing TV channels I came across a Tamil Music Channel, I guess its SUN-TV, on which I saw a song of Pooja Bhatt and some Tamil hero. The song was copied from an arabic tune. If you guys can upload that song or atleast PM me I would really appreciate.

Although I dont really understand tamil, I love that song so much.
I am sure Tamilians wont let me down.

Azgarbhai,

In return for your MM classics, we shd do for him something guys ....

Could you be a bit more specific ? I know it'd be difficult for you, but nevertheless ...... All these new songs sound so similar to me :-( Pooja Bhatt acted in only one Tamil film to my knowledge .... Kalloori Vaasal. And I couldnt really figure out an Arabic-inspired song in the film. Oh, and the film is post '87. So once we have it figured out, we can PM you.

Could someone help out ?

Vivek
Nimii
Azgar avargaleh inda paatah adu??

http://www.nanjilonline.com/music/lyrix.as...=kalloori_vasal

*i havent heard any of the songs of KV* Juz tryin my luck tongue.gif

N smile1.gif
ps: Vivek onnu kavanigaa.. Kalloori Vasal isaiamaipaalar is none other than DEVA who is known for getting "inspired" by tunes from other lang movies wink2.gif
AzgarKhan
Its not pre 87 sad1.gif
Its somewhere in mid 90's (97/98) and yeah its copied from an arabic song.
It has Pooja Bhatt in the song and some guy with light beard.
If you guys can PM me the song I'll appreciate.

Come on guys, tamilians are known for their intelligence.

Nimii
Azgar yeh intelligence ki baat kahan se paida huyi?!?! ooops tamil!

Azgar iduley enna buthisaalithanum irukku??

N tongue.gif
AzgarKhan
Coz you guys can guess songs from early 40's 50's when it comes to Hindi songs. Thats where memory and intelligence comes into picture. wink2.gif
visuja
Theres no memory or intelligence in 'copy-pasting' the info from any database tongue.gif wink2.gif ... oops ... do i see the HF baadshaah's here up in arms !? blab.gif

Waise did u listen to the song that u needed at the link ?

Or u cud try listening to the songs at this link :
http://www.raaga.com/channels/tamil/movie/T0000077.html
AzgarKhan
QUOTE(visuja @ Jul 22 2005, 11:22 AM)
Theres no memory or intelligence in 'copy-pasting' the info from any database  tongue.gif  wink2.gif  ... oops ... do i see the HF baadshaah's here up in arms !?  blab.gif

Waise did u listen to the song that u needed at the link ?

Or u cud try listening to the songs at this link :
http://www.raaga.com/channels/tamil/movie/T0000077.html

YES YES the 2nd song "Kiss Me Miss", wow what a find.
Can u send the MP3 of this song visuja bro?
or anyone who has it sad1.gif

This is a direct copy of a lovely arabic song.
sri
For Unni and others interested in old Tamil classics,

Here is one song that i love - from the archives of the very talented composer and singer A M Raja. Composition of A M Raja and Lyrics by Kannadasan

Sung in his usual 'soft' style by A M Raja along with the evergreen P Susheela

Enjoy ! gift.gif

Sri
visuja
Hey Sri !!! U listen to Tamil music too !! I took you to be a Bengali babu in the other forum !! Nice to see you here.

Theyn Nilavu has one of my fav songs .. "Paattu Paadava".... hearing this one for the first time though. Thanks

Vivek
Nimii
There are so many gems of AM Raja.. He had such a sweet soft voice.. and Gemini Ganeshan was given playback mostly by him!

Some more songs of AMR

1. Paatu padava..
2. Thanimaile thanimaile inimai kaana mudiyaama nall iravinaale..
3. Arugil vandaal urigi nindraal anbu thandaale ..
4. Varaaya o vennilaavhe kellaayo enndan kathaiyai..
5. Unn kandu naan aada (both PS and AMR versions are there in the movie)

Many many more..

N
ps: Another soft great voice is that of PBS!
visuja
QUOTE(Nimii @ Jul 29 2005, 03:28 PM)
Some more songs of AMR

1. Paatu padava..
4. Varaaya o vennilaavhe kellaayo enndan kathaiyai..
5. Unn kandu naan aada (both PS and AMR versions are there in the movie)

Many many more..

N
ps: Another soft great voice is that of PBS!

Thanks Nimii for the AMR references .. kya karoon.. not too familiar with Tamil playback singers ... sad1.gif

Vaaraayo Vennilaavae is one of the very few songs that Ive seen in all three languages ---- Tamil, Telugu and Hindi (Gemini-Savitri, NTR-Savitri, Gemini-Meena Kumari -- I believe).. and I havent seen the film in any of the languages ! I believe theres KK too in the Hindi version (Miss Mary) ?

Unnai Kandu Naan Aada is like the first song that I associate with Diwali in Tamil films .... havent heard the AMR version though ...

Theres one more Deepavali song that I recollect that goes something like ... "Oosi Pattasu ...... Vedichaalae Adhu ...." on the line sof the C Ramchandra Hindi tune "O Dilwaalon Dil Kaa Lagaana Achha Hai ---- Par Kabhi Kabhi"

PBS --- He's soooo romantic in 'Kannaalae Pesi Pesi Kollaadhae' from Aduthha Veettu Penn ! rolleyes.gif

Vivek
Nimii
Yep that is true... whenever Diwali was round the corner.. oliyum oliyum used to show this song.

I cant place the other diwali song you have mentioned here.

PBS is superb! I have 2 cassettes full of his songs. Got it copied from a friend! The lyrics are just way too much romantic !! Gone are such great lyricists! Kannadasan, Vali ..

*references to dimpled cheeks being kissed, slim waist .. oofff... -kuzhivinda kannathiley enn idazhai moodava...*

N
sri
QUOTE(Nimii @ Jul 29 2005, 01:32 PM)
Yep that is true... whenever Diwali was round the corner.. oliyum oliyum used to show this song.

I cant place the other diwali song you have mentioned here.

PBS is superb! I have 2 cassettes full of his songs. Got it copied from a friend! The lyrics are just way too much romantic !! Gone are such great lyricists! Kannadasan, Vali ..

*references to dimpled cheeks being kissed, slim waist .. oofff... -kuzhivinda kannathiley enn idazhai moodava...*

N

Nimii,

Here's a great PBS song - one of my favourites of his songs. Film : Vaazhkai Padagu ( 1964 ). Music by Viswanathan Ramamurthi and lyrics of Kannadasan. I/m sure it must there in the two cassettes you have of PBS - but here's a CD version for you and fans of PB Sreenivos and his lovely voice

Those were good days of great music, great lyrics, great voices

enjoy ! gift.gif

sri
Nimii
THanks Sri! Yes this one is also a very sweet song! The lyrics are so great.. How he is giving a dig at the heroine indirectly!

Btw ppl who dont know.. VIshwanathan Ramamurthy - pair separated and after which Vishwanathan made it big as MS Vishwanathan!

N

visuja
Thanks to bibhaas ... jisne ye bahut hi sureela gaana yaad dilaaya !

Song : Singaara Velanae Deva
Film : Konjum Salangai
Singer : S Janaki
Music: M S Subbiah Naidu
Cast : Gemini Ganesan, Savithri

Bibhaas has uploaded the telugu version at this thread : http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...ndpost&p=123515

Any ideas which version came out first ?

Vivek

Musicindiaonline lists it as a 1957 release, while IMDB says 1962
Nimii
Vivek .. Telugu is probably the earlier released one. Dont know about the year.

MS Subbaih Naidu - was the renowned telugu composer. He had composed for the tamil version too!

So from this it is obvious that telugu was probably the original movie.
(Both Gemini and Savithri have done movies both in Telugu and Tamil.)

N
gkshyam
Lovely song Vivek!!! Thanks a ton... bow.gif smile1.gif I agree with Nimii......I too feel the Telugu version must be the original, and later M.S.Subbiah Naidu must have repeated the score for the Tamil version.... But classy song(s)..........both.... wink2.gif smile1.gif

Yet to hear the upload by "SRI".......will hopefully do so tomorrow.... smile1.gif
Nimii
Wah GKS actually agrees me with me for a change!

Vazhga VaLarga

N
visuja
QUOTE(Nimii @ Aug 3 2005, 10:36 AM)
Wah GKS actually agrees me with me for a change!

Enna Seiyyaradhu ! Unga vadivatthil punnagai kaaNum verelum ungaLudan 'agree' paNNi thaane aaghaNam ! ;-) Unga poonai paavum evaLavu neyram thAn thanimayil siritthu koNDu irukkum ! :-D

Vivek
visuja
Telugu versions compel me to uplaod complementary tamil ones....

Heres another one of SJ from:

Film : 16 Vayathunilae (1977)
Actors : Kamal Hassan, Rajnikanth, Sridevi
Music Director : Ilayaraja
Lyrics : Gangai Amaran

Should I continue uploading tamil versions ?? I see only one d/l on Singaara Velanae (probably GKS).

Telugu version is here : http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...ndpost&p=126780

Idhu Eppadi Irukku !

Vivek
Nimii
Ada! Rajni styleaah! Padu super da machi!

N !
visuja
Hi guyz,

Unii saar has uploaded "Thesulaavadhae" from Manaalane Mangayin Bhaagiyam at this thread: http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...ndpost&p=133984
Singers : Ghantasala, P. Susheela

The hindi version "Kuhu Kuhu Bole Koyaliya" has been uploaded here:
http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...ndpost&p=133844
Singers : Rafi, Lata

Me looking for telugu version ... camera.gif camera.gif bibhas ?

Nimz : Nice to see you back at HF .. albeit only in a few 'guest' appearances ... thumbs-up.gif

Vivek
Nimii
Vivek sanyasi aayidalaaminnu irunden! Enna pannarathu pazhaka dosham inge moonjai kaatalehnna naaleh nalla pogarathille!

N sad1.gif
usha
I have a few old tamil songs i can upload on request
1, Nilavum malarum-Then nilavu-A.m.raja and p.susheela
2,vaazha ninaiththaal-Bale Pandyan-T.m.s and p.s
3,Paadaatha paatellam-Veera thirumagan-P.b.s
4,Thuyilatha pen ondru-Meenda sorgam-A.m.r and p.s
5,thanimaiyile inimai-Aadiperukku-A.m.r and p.s
6,Kangalin vaarthaigal-A.m.r and p.s
7,paalirukkum -Paava manippu-p.susheela
8,Unnai kaanatha kannum-Ithayakamalam-p.susheela

visuja
QUOTE(usha @ Aug 23 2005, 07:03 PM)
I have a few old tamil songs i can upload on request
3,Paadaatha paatellam-Veera thirumagan-P.b.s
4,Thuyilatha pen ondru-Meenda sorgam-A.m.r and p.s
5,thanimaiyile inimai-Aadiperukku-A.m.r and p.s
6,Kangalin vaarthaigal-A.m.r and p.s
8,Unnai kaanatha kannum-Ithayakamalam-p.susheela
Hello Ushaji, Nice to see you here. Do visit the other Tamil forum (under regional languages) too.

Could you please upload the songs that I have edited in your list ? Im not very familiar with old Tamil songs and would be a pleasure to listen to them.

Vivek

Nimii
Ayyo Vivekaahhhhhhhhhh you dont know much about tamil old songsaah?? Ada daivame!!!!!!!!!!!

Coolgoose le neriya irukuda .. u want me to send u the links in pm??

Some of them are superb!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dont miss!

N
usha
I sure will, only give me a couple of days,will do it during the weekend.Old tamil songs are very melodious,u will like them Vivek
cheers
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.