Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reasonably Rare Rafi Songs - Not Available Easily

, rare solos & duets from the 50s and 60s

Forum Rules Please read and thoroughly understand the forum rules and regulations:
21 Pages V « < 16 17 18 19 20 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Reasonably Rare Rafi Songs - Not Available Easily, rare solos & duets from the 50s and 60s
SAJDAH
post May 14 2007, 12:52 PM
Post #256

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Away
Member No.: 3708

QUOTE(sri @ May 2 2007, 09:46 AM) *

This is a lovely, unreleased song of Rafi, composed by Shankar Jaikishan.

Humne jinke khwaab sajaye, Rafi, ShankarJaikishan (unreleased song)
(courtesy HF)
4:20 ; 128 kbps
very good sound quality

From what I gather, this was originally supposed to be from the unreleased film : Sajan ki galiyan ? 1968 ? a Dev Anand film? with SJ's music. Was later featured in the film documentary called 'Film hi film' released in 1983, featuring Pran, which had clippings from unreleased scenes and songs.

smile.gif
Sri

Sri sahab - thanks a bunch for this beauty! wub.gif

Sajdah

IPB Image
"I live for those who love me, For those who know me true;
For the heaven so blue above me,
And the good that I can do."
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
sri
post May 15 2007, 10:18 AM
Post #257

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2760

QUOTE(SAJDAH @ May 14 2007, 12:52 PM) *

smile.gif
Sri

Sajdah

You are welcome, Sajdah !

The next one is a relatively lesser known number from the musical blockbuster LEADER (1964). This song was picturised on Dilip Kumar and Vyjyantimala singing to each other on the phone !! The hero is pestering the heroine and manages to find her number and call her on the phone. The heroine, quite naturally, bangs the phone down.....but, (in true hindi film tradition), she does so only after she has finished singing the song !! Can't let an opportunity to sing a song go by, na ?

I quite like the energy level of this song.

Aaj kal shauq_e_deedar, Rafi_Asha, Leader 1964, Naushad_Shakeel Badayuni, CD
4:18 ; 128 kbps

smile.gif
Sri

"Jis din is duniya se nafrat aur khudgarzi mit jaayegi, us roz yeh insaan naachega, us roz yeh dharti gaayegi" - Rajinder Krishan (Maa baap 1959)
+Quote Post
Binod
post May 15 2007, 11:20 AM
Post #258

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 953

QUOTE(sri @ May 15 2007, 12:48 AM) *

QUOTE(SAJDAH @ May 14 2007, 12:52 PM) *

smile.gif
Sri

Sajdah

You are welcome, Sajdah !

The next one is a relatively lesser known number from the musical blockbuster LEADER (1964). This song was picturised on Dilip Kumar and Vyjyantimala singing to each other on the phone !! The hero is pestering the heroine and manages to find her number and call her on the phone. The heroine, quite naturally, bangs the phone down.....but, (in true hindi film tradition), she does so only after she has finished singing the song !! Can't let an opportunity to sing a song go by, na ?

I quite like the energy level of this song.

Aaj kal shauq_e_deedar, Rafi_Asha, Leader 1964, Naushad_Shakeel Badayuni, CD
4:18 ; 128 kbps

smile.gif
Sri

I like your comments Sri and makes me wish I were given one more chance to be young when you could do such a ridiculous thing as singing on the phone and afford to throw every caution to the wind.

Binod.

धन्यबाद

——

विनोद

"If music be the food of love, play on;
Give me excess of it, that, surfeiting,
The appetite may sicken, and so die."

— From Twelfth Night (I, i,1-3)
+Quote Post
sri
post May 16 2007, 06:06 PM
Post #259

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Binod @ May 15 2007, 11:20 AM) *
.....makes me wish I were given one more chance to be young....

Well, Binod...one can do all that and more nowadays......you can actually 'buy' yourself a 'second life' on the internet !! Virtual, of course !

The next one is a charming Rafi number - which he sang for one of R D Burman's early films - Chandan ka palna

Tumhe dekha hai maine (rev), Rafi, Chandan ka palna 1967, R D Burman_Anand Bakshi, CD
5:18 ; 128 kbps (revival version)

During his initial period, RDB preferred to use Mohd. Rafi....later he switched to Kishore Kumar whose popularity had begun to soar towards the end of the 60s ...in his second avatar.

The mood of this song is nice - with Rafi using his 'soft', silky skills .....as only he can.

smile.gif
Sri

"Jis din is duniya se nafrat aur khudgarzi mit jaayegi, us roz yeh insaan naachega, us roz yeh dharti gaayegi" - Rajinder Krishan (Maa baap 1959)
+Quote Post
sri
post May 17 2007, 10:00 AM
Post #260

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

This is a hilarious one !!

Auraton ke dabbe mein, Rafi_Suman Kalyanpur, Mud mud ke na dekh 1960, Hansraj Behl_Prem Dhawan
from HF, 3:45 , 128 kbps

Here, the hero gets into the ladies compartment of a train ( by mistake ??) and the song ensues. The lyrics are interesting, to say the least !! Here's a sample :

Heroine and friends : Auraton ke dabbe mein mard aa gaya
Hero : Dhoka kha gaya ji, main to dhoka kha gaya

Heroine : Bolo bolo iski sazaa kya hai ?
Hero : Pehle yeh bata do - khata kya hai
Heroine: Khata hai yeh tumhari , ki tum nahi ho nari,
na pehna tumne jumper na pehni tumne sari.
............etc etc etc.

Later in the song, the hero protests his innocence and tries to patao them by saying :
Kisika hoon main beta , kisika hoon main bhai...kisise kabhi hogi, arre, meri bhi sagaai !!

I haven't seen the film - Bharat Bhushan and Anita Guha play the lead in this 1960 movie...though Rafi's voice suggests a 'Shammi' type of actor on the screen, and does not fit the usually sober Bharat Bhushan. Perhaps this scene was filmed on Prem Chopra - this was his first Hindi film, I understand.

Enjoy this one !!

smile.gif
Sri

+Quote Post
princeali
post May 17 2007, 10:47 AM
Post #261

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 134

QUOTE(sri @ May 16 2007, 08:36 AM) *

QUOTE(Binod @ May 15 2007, 11:20 AM) *
.....makes me wish I were given one more chance to be young....

Well, Binod...one can do all that and more nowadays......you can actually 'buy' yourself a 'second life' on the internet !! Virtual, of course !

The next one is a charming Rafi number - which he sang for one of R D Burman's early films - Chandan ka palna

Tumhe dekha hai maine (rev), Rafi, Chandan ka palna 1967, R D Burman_Anand Bakshi, CD
5:18 ; 128 kbps (revival version)

During his initial period, RDB preferred to use Mohd. Rafi....later he switched to Kishore Kumar whose popularity had begun to soartowards the end of the 60s ...in his second avatar.

The mood of this song is nice - with Rafi using his 'soft', silky skills .....as only he can.

smile.gif
Sri

Sri ji,

Your song selection and comments along with it are superb, Thanks A Lot, and keep up the great work !

I rate this song as one of the best of Rafi-RD, it is in the ghazal mould, what a soulful rendition by Rafi saab. Pancham did not usually compose ghazals and this was a rare treat. When I first heard this song, I thought it was either a Roshan or MM composition but boy was I surprised to find out it was RDB. This song also shows how under-rated RD's skills were at classical based songs, something he never received credit for in his life. If only he had composed more classical based compositions with Rafi, it would have been great, instead of resorting to Bhupinder et all (not that they did a bad job), but the Rafi "effect" would have been different.

This whole album CKP is full of treasures, each song being a gem, RD showing how versatile he was, composing songs in different genres.

RDB and Rafi, sadly only combined for some 120 odd songs compared to the 600 odd he composed for Kishore. It is ironic though that even with those stats, Rafi features right there in the best and most memorable songs RD composed in the 60's and 70's, and also among the best RDB albums. After HKSKN, Pancham never repeated the same success, just like Guide is considered SDB's and Navketan's best score, both Rafi based. Ofcourse the RD-Rafi stats didn't matter to Rafi saab, however Pancham's repetoire could have been much much more richer had it gone the other way.

Prince Ali
+Quote Post
sri
post May 18 2007, 05:40 PM
Post #262

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(princeali @ May 17 2007, 10:47 AM) *

Sri ji,

Pancham did not usually compose ghazals and this was a rare treat. When I first heard this song, I thought it was either a Roshan or MM composition but boy was I surprised to find out it was RDB. This song also shows how under-rated RD's skills were at classical based songs, something he never received credit for in his life. If only he had composed more classical based compositions with Rafi, it would have been great,

PA - thanks for writing ...and good to see you around !!

Yes it would have been nice if RD had composed more classical type songs - he had shown ample proof of his capabilities in that direction. But I guess, film music was going in a different direction in the 70s and RDB had to choose a different route to succeed in that environment...and also to set himself apart from the other legendary music directors who had come before him.

Nevertheless, it's nice to hear this side of RDB - esp with Rafi.

smile.gif
Sri

+Quote Post
sri
post May 18 2007, 08:27 PM
Post #263

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

This is a nice, 'chulbula' song - a duet with Asha - with O P Nayyar's characteristic stamp on it - esp with the beat changing to a faster version at the beginning of the antara...and then reverting to the slower version, at the end of the antara.

Main dhoondti hoon kahan ho sanam, Rafi_Asha, Shrimati 420 (1956), O P Nayyar_Majrooh
3:15 ; 128 kbps
from Unni - HF
(tagging done as per my convention)

smile.gif
Sri

+Quote Post
sri
post May 28 2007, 10:30 PM
Post #264

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

A brilliant one - from the Johny Walker - Mohd Rafi combination !

Sabse mehengi cheez mohabbat ... duniya ke bazaar mein, Rafi, Anjaan 1956, Hemant Kumar_Rajinder Krishan, VCD
(with extra snippet and dialogue)
5:38 ; 96 kbps

This one contains an extra snippet of Rafi singing informally before the main song starts...and some dialogue with Johny Walker - who is trying to escape a woman who's decided to marry him !! JW is reading out a matrimonial advertisement in contempt...and the woman thinks that he is in search of a life-partner...thus the confusion starts. But JW dispels any notion of getting married.... quite strongly - with this song !!

Great job done by Hemant Kumar in composing this number....and some very interesting lyrics from Rajinder Krishan .....like

Kaun rahe chaprasi banke biwi ke darbaar mein
.....acchha hai jo rahe kunwara, kya rakha hai pyar mein !!!

And what can one say about Rafi's singing ?? He is so good in making us feel that it is Johny Walker indeed who's singing the song !! Truly a genius !!

I've reduced the bit rate to keep the file size from becoming too large.

Enjoy !
smile.gif
Sri

P.S. Just added a 128 kbps version too...on Binod's request

+Quote Post
Binod
post May 28 2007, 11:16 PM
Post #265

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Thanks Sri for the longer version Anjaan song and the better quality Shrimati 420 song. If it is not too much of a trouble could you please PM me the Anjaan song at a higher bitrate?

Binod.

धन्यबाद

——

विनोद

+Quote Post
sri
post May 28 2007, 11:49 PM
Post #266

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Binod @ May 28 2007, 11:16 PM) *
Thanks Sri for the longer version Anjaan song and the better quality Shrimati 420 song. If it is not too much of a trouble could you please PM me the Anjaan song at a higher bitrate?

Binod.

I've added a 128 kbps version in the same post

+Quote Post
Binod
post May 28 2007, 11:59 PM
Post #267

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(sri @ May 28 2007, 02:19 PM) *

QUOTE(Binod @ May 28 2007, 11:16 PM) *

Binod.

I've added a 128 kbps version in the same post

Thanks Sri. You did not have to be so prompt. You could have taken your time. But this is how you are and you cannot help helping others.

Binod.

धन्यबाद

——

विनोद

+Quote Post
venkat
post May 29 2007, 09:44 AM
Post #268

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 6841

QUOTE(sri @ May 18 2007, 08:27 PM) *

This is a nice, 'chulbula' song - a duet with Asha - with O P Nayyar's characteristic stamp on it - esp with the beat changing to a faster version at the beginning of the antara...and then reverting to the slower version, at the end of the antara.

Main dhoondti hoon kahan ho sanam, Rafi_Asha, Shrimati 420 (1956), O P Nayyar_Majrooh
3:15 ; 128 kbps
from Unni - HF
(tagging done as per my convention)

smile.gif
Sri

Sri,

As I had mentioned earlier in Pinky's thread when she recently uploaded this song, the mukhda is exactly as per a certain theme music that keeps on repeating in Mr. & Mrs. 55, also of OPN.

Venkat

I have changed many views in life since my childhood, but not my view of Rafi Saab as the God-sent Gandharva who visited this Earth briefly to spread ultimate ecstasy among genuine music-lovers!

Mohammed Rafi: Highest Quantity Of Greatest Quality In Mind-boggling Variety!!!
+Quote Post
mirsa
post May 29 2007, 09:53 AM
Post #269

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 7506

QUOTE(sri @ May 28 2007, 11:30 PM) *

A brilliant one - from the Johny Walker - Mohd Rafi combination !

Sabse mehengi cheez mohabbat ... duniya ke bazaar mein, Rafi, Anjaan 1956, Hemant Kumar_Rajinder Krishan, VCD
(with extra snippet and dialogue)
5:38 ; 96 kbps

This one contains an extra snippet of Rafi singing informally before the main song starts...and some dialogue with Johny Walker - who is trying to escape a woman who's decided to marry him !! JW is reading out a matrimonial advertisement in contempt...and the woman thinks that he is in search of a life-partner...thus the confusion starts. But JW dispels any notion of getting married.... quite strongly - with this song !!

Great job done by Hemant Kumar in composing this number....and some very interesting lyrics from Rajinder Krishan .....like

Kaun rahe chaprasi banke biwi ke darbaar mein
.....acchha hai jo rahe kunwara, kya rakha hai pyar mein !!!

And what can one say about Rafi's singing ?? He is so good in making us feel that it is Johny Walker indeed who's singing the song !! Truly a genius !!

I've reduced the bit rate to keep the file size from becoming too large.

Enjoy !
smile.gif
Sri

P.S. Just added a 128 kbps version too...on Binod's request

Thanks Sri for the higher bitrate and longer version and the quality is simply excellent & I had a 3.45 minutes version which was uploaded before at HF.
+Quote Post
sri
post May 29 2007, 11:04 AM
Post #270

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirsa @ May 29 2007, 09:53 AM) *

Thanks Sri for the higher bitrate and longer version and the quality is simply excellent & I had a 3.45 minutes version which was uploaded before at HF.

Mohd,

I ripped this only yesterday...and couldn't wait to share it with like-minded people like yourself and some others who really appreciate good quality recordings !

smile.gif
Sri

+Quote Post

21 Pages V « < 16 17 18 19 20 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 03:34 AM