Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Most Difficult Songs Of Rafi Saheb

Forum Rules Please read and thoroughly understand the forum rules and regulations:
4 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Most Difficult Songs Of Rafi Saheb
masoomkamal
post Feb 13 2005, 05:55 AM
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 602

Jab bhi ye dil udaas hota hai......hum Rafi Saheb ke geet gungunate hain... aur dil ki
udaasi fauran udan chhoo ho jaati hai.

Lekin Rafi Saheb ke kuchh gaane aise hain..... jo bohot hi mushkil hain. Itne mushkil
ke mujhe lagta hai, aaj kal ke naye playback singers bhi unhen theek tarah se nahi gaa
sakenge. Mujhe ye teen gaane be-had mushkil lagte hain..... aur Sonu Nigam ke Fans mujhe
maaf karen...... 1st and 2nd song to shayed Sonu Nigam ke bhi bas ki baat nahin !

1. Ab Koi Gulshan Na Ujde Ab Watan Azad Hai. Film: Mujhe Jeene Do.
2. Kaun Apna Kaun Paraya-Title song. Film: Kaun Apna Kaun Paraya.
3. Mohabbat Khuda Hai. Film: Love and God.

Would you like to add another song to the list? (But it must be really most difficult).

IPB ImageKamal Khan

Yaad mein teri jahan ko bhoolta jata hoon main, Bhoolne wale kabhi tujh ko bhi yaad aata hoon main !.... !
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
AzgarKhan
post Feb 13 2005, 06:27 AM
Post #2

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 205

4. Ajhun Aye Na Baalma Saawan Beeta Jaye
5. O' Duniya Ke Rakhwaale
6. Phir Wo Bhooli Si Yaad Aayi Hai
7. Bata Mujhe O Jahan Ke Maalik (What an Alaap)
8. Dono Ne Kiya Tha Pyar Magar

These are few that I can think of now.

+Quote Post
Jay
post Feb 13 2005, 10:58 AM
Post #3

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 995

QUOTE(AzgarKhan @ Feb 13 2005, 01:57 AM)
4. Ajhun Aye Na Baalma Saawan Beeta Jaye
5. O' Duniya Ke Rakhwaale
6. Phir Wo Bhooli Si Yaad Aayi Hai
7. Bata Mujhe O Jahan Ke Maalik (What an Alaap)
8. Dono Ne Kiya Tha Pyar Magar

These are few that I can think of now.

Azgar bhai u r right, O Duniya ke rakhwale, is one of the MOST DIFFICULT songs of Rafi saab to imitate. Once I heard the version of Vipin Sachdeva and Mohd.Aziz, on the radio, man I wanted 2 throw the radio out of my window! If you say O duniya ke rakhwale, you Say Rafi!

Jay

Life is music, music is life...
+Quote Post
masoomkamal
post Feb 14 2005, 03:11 AM
Post #4

Group Icon

Member No.: 602

QUOTE(masoomkamal @ Feb 13 2005, 05:55 AM)
Jab bhi ye dil udaas hota hai......hum Rafi Saheb ke geet gungunate hain... aur dil ki
udaasi fauran udan chhoo ho jaati hai.

Lekin Rafi Saheb ke kuchh gaane aise hain..... jo bohot hi mushkil hain. Itne mushkil
ke mujhe lagta hai, aaj kal ke naye playback singers bhi unhen theek tarah se nahi gaa
sakenge. Mujhe ye teen gaane be-had mushkil lagte hain..... aur Sonu Nigam ke Fans mujhe
maaf karen...... 1st and 2nd song to shayed Sonu Nigam ke bhi bas ki baat nahin !

1.  Ab Koi Gulshan Na Ujde Ab Watan Azad Hai. Film: Mujhe Jeene Do.
2.  Kaun Apna Kaun Paraya-Title song. Film: Kaun Apna Kaun Paraya.
3.  Mohabbat Khuda Hai. Film: Love and God.

Would you like to add another song to the list? (But it must be really most difficult).

Azgar Bhai,

"O duniya ke rakhwale" is indeed a difficult song, but not most difficult. Mohd Aziz, Shabbir Kumar and other stage singers sing it frequently (though not as good as it must be).
"Ajhun Aaye Balma" has been sung by many new singers in SA RE GA MA PA programm in a very good manner. Similary other songs you mentioned also are difficult but not most difficult.
The songs that I mentioned are not sung by any other singers ever. If I am wrong, please let me know, who sang them ?
One more song is coming to mind and that is: "Mohabbat zinda rahti hai, mohabbat mar nahin sakti."
Regards

IPB ImageKamal Khan

Yaad mein teri jahan ko bhoolta jata hoon main, Bhoolne wale kabhi tujh ko bhi yaad aata hoon main !.... !
+Quote Post
/ShaaNAwaaz\
post Feb 14 2005, 11:27 AM
Post #5

Group Icon

Member No.: 135

A great topic to discuss . and you are right to put , no matter how difficult the compsotions are , It was like easy ride for his highness . Also since i myself learning singing , and collected some information and Throug personell experiences , the following can be considered as tough parts .

Ek shahensha ne banwaa ke haseen taaj mahal ..LEADER . ( now this is based in raag LALIT - and even a trained classical singer rarely attemt this Raaga , there are some minute twist and turns , which of course a normal listener cannot understand ) LATA STRUGGLES here .

Kahin Bekhayal hokar .. TEEN DEVIYAAN ( a complicated melody - and real twist and turns - but equally sweet ) especially the end part of any antras , as well as the whole nature of the song . RAAG ?

Kal Raat Zindagi se Mulakaat .. PALKI ( My personell favourate - This erotic composotion is not only having great tune , but also many tuf URDU shayari - and morever - it is a Long long song ) RAAGA ? ....

both Antra Part of - aanchal mein saja Lein na kaliyan PHDLH ( only rafi shab can sing that part - i sometimes think he himself have added that effect not the MD )

O duniya Ke rakh waale . BAIJU BANWRA ( no need to explain )
( RAAG dARBAARI KANADA )

The Last Antra of MERI AWAAZ SUNO .. ( i love that ) ( kyun sanwaari hai yeh ...)

navakalpna nav roop see rachna .. ( a real treat for any classical singer - equally great poetry - and a great tribute to Sanskrit language ) ( raaga yaman kalyan ? )

Mere Mehboob Tujhe Meri .... ( a dadra based song , and a lenghty one - equally tough )

Yeh duniya nahin jaagir ksiski ( a pitched and a typical RAFI song )

Bhari duniya mein aakar ( the antra part - especially nazar mein uljhane etc )

Koi saager dil ko behelaata nahin ( this kalawati based song is Real real tough )

Hum ksisse Kum nahin ( as well as most qawallis )

SHER Ka husn ho , naghmein ki jawaani . ( rhytym and melody - R.D burman )

Aji humse Backhkar kahaan jayiga ( the antra part is tough )

HUM bekhudi mein tumse ( a gem of s.d.burman )

there are many more ,, i will list if requested ..,

here are some tough n0n-filmi .

DARD MINNAT KASHE DAWAA.. ( Pooriya -dhanashree raaga )

Aye taaza waari daan ne biha .. ( so sweet so - soft so - tough )

Jis raat ke khwaab ( ONE OF THE BEST OF RAFI-NAUSHAD ) RAAG - PATDEEP .

there are many many others .

bye .

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=blue][B][I]

'' MERE GEET SUNE DUNIYAA NE MAGAR - MERA DARD KOI NA JAAN SAKA ,
NAZAR MILI BHI NA THI AUR UNKO DEKH LIYAA ,
KABHI DEKHI NA SUNI AISE......... "
+Quote Post
Harold
post Feb 15 2005, 01:57 AM
Post #6

Group Icon

Member No.: 137

O duniya ke Rakhwale (live-version) is the trademark of Rafi-sahab.

I've heard many singers sing this song, but they always take the easy way. They take the film version and not the live version. Why did I call the live version his trademark? because he does things out there that I haven't heared ever by any other copy-cat-singer. The special diferences compared to the film-version are:

"mehle udaas aur galiyan sooni" where he suddenly goes with a lot of classical touches to a very high pitch and then comes back down.

at the the end of the song, not 4 times, but 5 times "o duniya ke rakhwale", climing the tone ladder on each "rakhwale". I've heard Aziz, Anwar, Shabbir etc They all did it 4 times.

Other difficulties:
-chirag kahan roshni kahan
-mohabbat zindbad (mughle azam)
-jiska saathi hai bhagwan (nastik or nasik)
-jab bhi yeh dil udaas hota hai (seema)
-tu ganga ki mauj mein
-man tarpat haridarshan (both Baiju Bawra)

And a lot more...

Some will sound easy to the ears, but listen to them carefully, and try to sing them the way he does, with al his variations in his voice. Thats something I cannot explain through email.
+Quote Post
ahmeds
post Feb 15 2005, 05:09 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

Member No.: 1487

I've said it a hundred times, the most difficult song for anyone to sing is 'Dekhee Zamane Ke Yaari'

No one can sing this like Rafi saab did. the hurt the emotion can only be captured by the maestro himself. this song contains range, length, pitch(high and low) and variety.

+Quote Post
rahu008
post Apr 20 2006, 12:43 AM
Post #8

Group Icon

Member No.: 5716

QUOTE(ahmeds @ Feb 15 2005, 05:09 PM) *

I've said it a hundred times, the most difficult song for anyone to sing is 'Dekhee Zamane Ke Yaari'

No one can sing this like Rafi saab did. the hurt the emotion can only be captured by the maestro himself. this song contains range, length, pitch(high and low) and variety.

i want this song sad.gif
+Quote Post
SAJJAD
post Apr 20 2006, 02:14 AM
Post #9

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 16

I consider ALL Rafi Saab's songs difficult! Reason: No ONE can sing the way he does! They ALL r cheap imitations - nothing more then that! Clones lack in voice quality\emotions\voice control....Again, if everyone\anyone can sing like Rafi Saab, then we won't be missing\discussing him like we do today! ALL clones put together is not even 1% of Rafi Saab's talent! This is my humble opinion! He was TRULY a matchless singer NO clone can come close to him - EVER!

This is Sonu Nigam comments on Rafi Saab:
“I think that it is pointless to even think of comparing any other singer, however great individually, to Rafisaab."

If you get in bed with government, you should expect to walk funny the next day!!!!!!!!!!!
+Quote Post
RafiKiAwaaz
post Apr 20 2006, 02:16 AM
Post #10

Group Icon

Member No.: 1855

Interesting topic, his songs are very hard to sing because they are unique to his voice. In other words you can't copy Rafi Sahab completely because that is his voice, for him it 's natural to sing the way he does because that is his voice capabilities. Kishore Da sang his Man Re Tu Kahey Na Dhere Dahre but did not have the same affect, not becuase Kishore Da can't sing but his style is different. Without boistering about my singing and my voice, I have had peole tell me that I copy Rafi Sahab's song extremely well, his range is within my voice capabilities. The last song that I sang of Rafi Sahab's in a huge party was "Phalak Pe Jitne Sitare Hei Woh Bhi Sharmaye" and people's response that I have done great justice to his song. Well, regardless Rafi Sahab's song are tough because his range is phenomenal. Sorry my response is not evoke anger, just my viewpoint.
RafiKiAwaaz
+Quote Post
SAJJAD
post Apr 20 2006, 02:53 AM
Post #11

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 16

QUOTE(RafiKiAwaaz @ Apr 20 2006, 02:16 AM) *

Interesting topic, his songs are very hard to sing because they are unique to his voice. In other words you can't copy Rafi Sahab completely because that is his voice, for him it 's natural to sing the way he does because that is his voice capabilities. Kishore Da sang his Man Re Tu Kahey Na Dhere Dahre but did not have the same affect, not becuase Kishore Da can't sing but his style is different. Without boistering about my singing and my voice, I have had peole tell me that I copy Rafi Sahab's song extremely well, his range is within my voice capabilities. The last song that I sang of Rafi Sahab's in a huge party was "Phalak Pe Jitne Sitare Hei Woh Bhi Sharmaye" and people's response that I have done great justice to his song. Well, regardless Rafi Sahab's song are tough because his range is phenomenal. Sorry my response is not evoke anger, just my viewpoint.
RafiKiAwaaz

I agree with u on the voice! Yes, that was HIS voice and NO one can sing EXACTLY like him! As with the range, (PLZ dont take it in a negative way) screaming from top of the lungs does not give the true range! I have read an interview of AnandJI (KA team), where he said, most clones have problem with the range of rafi saab. Not because they cant scream but their voice lacks the depth! He should know what that means...since he is a MD:-) He (AnandJI) ended the statement by saying there won't be another Rafi ever!
No reason for anyone to get upset over ur statements!

If you get in bed with government, you should expect to walk funny the next day!!!!!!!!!!!
+Quote Post
RafiKiAwaaz
post Apr 20 2006, 04:24 AM
Post #12

Group Icon

Member No.: 1855

True, there will never be a great singer like Rafi Sahab, he is orginal. A far as my singing is concerned, I will record a song that will be a proof of my voice and it's range. My singing range is very high, no yelling involved. I was just waiting for Kishoreda member to finish his recording studio so I can record few of my songs. I guess the proof is in the pudding. I am waiting to record the song " Na Jaa Kahin Ab Na Ja" for all of you at HF. I hope that happens soon!
RafiKiAwaaz
+Quote Post
SAJDAH
post Apr 20 2006, 07:59 AM
Post #13

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Away
Member No.: 3708

Subah Na Aaye Shaam Na Aaye

Jis Din Teri Yaad Na Aaye !

A composition that was CREATED just for Rafi Saab's peerless range !

SAJDAH

IPB Image
"I live for those who love me, For those who know me true;
For the heaven so blue above me,
And the good that I can do."
+Quote Post
LEGENDRAFI
post Apr 20 2006, 04:13 PM
Post #14

Group Icon

Member No.: 2633

Well, my personal opinion is that we can't just qualify songs with the highest range as the most difficult ones, I mean the songs that have to be sung at a lower pitch, which at times may not be natural for a singer can also be the toughest. Asha ji once said in an interview that Rafi Sahab normally used to sing at a higher scale and it was a challenge for the rest of the singers (in duets) to match him and that she worked really hard to match Rafi Sahab when they both sung together. Now in this light one would have to say that songs like -Meri Duniya Mein Tum Aayi , Kahin Ek Masoom Nazuk Si Ladki, Tum Se Kahoon Ek Baat and others, which are very close to whispering are equally difficult. Yet, Rafi Sahab has sung all of them with such brilliance that one can only applaud and get lost in their melody. In all these songs Rafi Sahab was not only asked to sing at a very low scale/pitch but also to modulate and what a great job he did!
+Quote Post
rafik2
post Apr 20 2006, 07:05 PM
Post #15

Group Icon

Member No.: 2392

Maaf Kar Na Bhai........Yeh Rafi Ki Awaaz kahan se tapak perah ?
+Quote Post

4 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 07:33 PM