Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Old Bollywood Movies

, Have You watched any lately?

4 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Old Bollywood Movies, Have You watched any lately?
IDOL
post Dec 28 2006, 07:32 AM
Post #1

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1583

Name: Apnapan

Type: Drama

Rate: v- good

is a very good movie.....i liked the story...the theme...and some cute comedies......

funny parts
  • the servant's loud voice
  • kids in school bus
  • making phone calls in order to find Radhika
i liked Jetendre's acting....i could not recognize the girl who played role for Jeendre's wife.....2nd wife actually.......i liked that guy , Sanjev kumar ? or something like that......the one who has cancer....he is sooooooooooooooooo good actor....i'm plannin to watch one of his movies where he acts as main character...correct me with his name

the song is killing...."aadmi musafir hain"..it's the best song...loved it

IPB Image

.......................................................................IPB Image

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
IDOL
post Dec 28 2006, 07:44 AM
Post #2

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Name: Hum Kesi Se Kam Nahe

Type: love and bit action

what i liked in this movie.....songs...oh my god...all songs are amazing...and Reshi kapoor's acting

the girl whom i don't know...is so cute...she did good as well.........the other guy sings " kya huwa tera wada" was just ok.......

i luved one of Kishor's song that i forgot now.....if anyone knows the song , plz type......Reshi sings with that girl.....

.......................................................................IPB Image

+Quote Post
Nimii
post Dec 28 2006, 08:05 AM
Post #3

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 3

Idol! That must be Bachhna aye haseenon lo main aagaya tongue1.gif

The girl is Kajol Kiran wink.gif
+Quote Post
desai2rn
post Dec 28 2006, 09:42 AM
Post #4

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 189

QUOTE(IDOL @ Dec 28 2006, 07:32 AM) *

Name: Apnapan

is a very good movie.....i liked the story...the theme...and some cute comedies......

funny parts
  • the servant's loud voice
  • kids in school bus
  • making phone calls in order to find Radhika
i liked Jetendre's acting....i could not recognize the girl who played role for Jeendre's wife.....2nd wife actually.......i liked that guy , Sanjev kumar ? or something like that......the one who has cancer....he is sooooooooooooooooo good actor....i'm plannin to watch one of his movies where he acts as main character...correct me with his name

the song is killing...."aadmi musafir hain"..it's the best song...loved it

IPB Image

You are probably refering to Sanjeev Kumar. Lots of great movies to his credit. I would recommend any
of this that come to mind

Aandhi
Trishul with Big B and Shashi Kapoor.
Koshish with Jaya Bhaduri(now Bachhan)
Sholay (old)
Angoor (comedy)

Ramesh

R a m e s h
+Quote Post
IDOL
post Dec 30 2006, 12:15 AM
Post #5

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Nimii @ Dec 27 2006, 07:35 PM) *
Idol! That must be Bachhna aye haseenon lo main aagaya tongue1.gif

The girl is Kajol Kiran wink.gif

ayooo no....it was somethin else....Reshi sings in a garden with this girl......that girl is kajol? awww, she's so cute!

+Quote Post
IDOL
post Dec 30 2006, 12:17 AM
Post #6

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(desai2rn @ Dec 27 2006, 09:12 PM) *

You are probably refering to Sanjeev Kumar. Lots of great movies to his credit. I would recommend any
of this that come to mind

Aandhi
Trishul with Big B and Shashi Kapoor.
Koshish with Jaya Bhaduri(now Bachhan)
Sholay (old)
Angoor (comedy)

Ramesh

Aandhi is my target to watch......and Trishul if i can find it here in calgary

thank u desai...that was sweet of u love.gif

+Quote Post
IDOL
post Jan 1 2007, 10:04 PM
Post #7

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Name: Aandhi

Rate: Excellent!

super movie......amazingly beautiful.....i just loved it........so natural....and the amazing thing is that how could they make such flawless movie in that time.........mostly, in old movies u find some scenes that are like: whattttt?......for example, that sound of Deshoom.....and super hero styles.....etc

i am glad that desai2rn give me an idea to watch this movie.....it's simply beautiful!

i loved whole story.......that girl's ambition.....i dun what's her name...but, now i know Sanjeev Kumar though....he's just awesome....sooooo good....i wonder if he was super star of his time or not....but he's so good....the story is made in a very real way...that makes u believe it.....it's beautiful

songs are tooooooooooooooooooo good.......oh boy, now i know who were the couple speaking at the beginning, middle of the song " tere bina zindagi se koi shikwa tu nahe".....i used listen to it carefully to figure out who were they... biggrin.gif

do u know if this movie was superhit of its time?

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Nimii
post Jan 1 2007, 10:14 PM
Post #8

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Idol the heroine is Suchitra Sen - she has acted in many old movies and is mother of Moon Moon Sen and grandmother of two Ria Sena and Rima Sen (who too act in movies - apart from modelling in advertisements)

Suchitra Sen
IPB Image

The movie was indeed a hit and was banned for sometime, coz it drew parallel to Mrs.Gandhi's political biography (our Late Prime Minister)
+Quote Post
IDOL
post Jan 1 2007, 10:25 PM
Post #9

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Nimii @ Jan 1 2007, 09:44 AM) *
Idol the heroine is Suchitra Sen - she has acted in many old movies and is mother of Moon Moon Sen and grandmother of two Ria Sena and Rima Sen (who too act in movies - apart from modelling in advertisements)

Suchitra Sen
IPB Image

The movie was indeed a hit and was banned for sometime, coz it drew parallel to Mrs.Gandhi's political biography (our Late Prime Minister)

aww so cute of my Nimzzz.....i luved it........now i know who she is....i can't see the image u posted...i guess computer is too slowl.....but it's amazing to know that is based on a true story......by the way, is Mrs. Gandhi....Indra Gandhi?.....or she's Mahatma Gandhi's daughter?....caoz this Gandhi word makes me curious

+Quote Post
maheshks
post Jan 1 2007, 10:32 PM
Post #10

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 1790

Suchitra Sen is the first Indian Heroin to win an international award. The socond was
Nargis.

The movie was not allowed to be released by Mrs Gandhi. After her loss in the 1977
elections, the ruling Janata party cleared it. The premier of the film was on Doordarshan.

Indira Gandhi had no blood relation with Mahatama Gandhi.

Suchitra Sen in her younger days.

Attached Image

When you find peace within yourself, you become the kind of person who can live at peace with others
+Quote Post
Nimii
post Jan 1 2007, 11:09 PM
Post #11

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Mahesh ji. There is a prog on the radiocity (it comes every saturday around 2 pm) and J.Om Prakash (Prod of the movie ) was narrating about how Mrs. Gandhi finally agreed to releasing the movie, but he did not mention about her move to do so, was after she lost in the elections ohmy.gif Thanks for giving me that info. It makes more sense now!:rolleyes:
+Quote Post
desai2rn
post Jan 2 2007, 12:41 AM
Post #12

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 189

QUOTE(IDOL @ Jan 1 2007, 10:04 PM) *

Name: Aandhi

Rate: Excellent!

super movie......amazingly beautiful.....i just loved it........so natural....and the amazing thing is that how could they make such flawless movie in that time.........mostly, in old movies u find some scenes that are like: whattttt?......for example, that sound of Deshoom.....and super hero styles.....etc

i am glad that desai2rn give me an idea to watch this movie.....it's simply beautiful!

i loved whole story.......that girl's ambition.....i dun what's her name...but, now i know Sanjeev Kumar though....he's just awesome....sooooo good....i wonder if he was super star of his time or not....but he's so good....the story is made in a very real way...that makes u believe it.....it's beautiful

songs are tooooooooooooooooooo good.......oh boy, now i know who were the couple speaking at the beginning, middle of the song " tere bina zindagi se koi shikwa tu nahe".....i used listen to it carefully to figure out who were they... biggrin.gif

do u know if this movie was superhit of its time?

IPB Image

Idol, I am glad you liked the Aandhi. It tells me you have taste for good movies. I guess super star is
a subjective term. Sanjeev Kumar came with theatre backround and had to strugle with B garde movies
initially but eventually made to the top and could hold his on with best of them. He was the first actor
if not the only one to win back to back presidents award.

The other movies which I was impressed by was Koshish, Arjun Pandit, Dastak and Anubhav. the last two
are black and white in case you only like tech. color.

Ramesh.

R a m e s h
+Quote Post
Nimii
post Jan 2 2007, 12:51 AM
Post #13

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Ramesh ji Sanjeev Kumar was good in Mausam too! He had made himself a special place in the film industry. A fine character actor of high calibre.
+Quote Post
harihar
post Jan 2 2007, 12:55 AM
Post #14

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Angels
Member No.: 4243

IDOL I came to this topic in anticipation of "Whoever Watches Old Movie, Type Here, best old bollywood movie" OLD MOVIE, how are we classifying that. before what year or after what year.

I always watch OLD movies cos it had "something" that the present does not hold except for a few that you can count on your fingers. I shall return with ones that I have viewed like I viewed

HUM EK HAIN (songs posted recently)

then a MARATHI film only cos these days it offers sub titles for one to understand the storyline and songs too.

Music is moral law. It gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, a charm to sadness and a gaiety and life to everything. It is the essence of order and leads to all that is good, true and beautiful..... AND Music is the mediator between the spiritual and the sensual life. ~Ludwig van Beethoven
+Quote Post
Nimii
post Jan 2 2007, 01:08 AM
Post #15

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Harihar no RM movies for you aaj se tongue1.gif
+Quote Post

4 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 07:13 AM