Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Old Bollywood Movies
Hamara Forums > Films > Bollywood
Pages: 1, 2
IDOL
Name: Apnapan

Type: Drama

Rate: v- good

is a very good movie.....i liked the story...the theme...and some cute comedies......

funny parts
  • the servant's loud voice
  • kids in school bus
  • making phone calls in order to find Radhika
i liked Jetendre's acting....i could not recognize the girl who played role for Jeendre's wife.....2nd wife actually.......i liked that guy , Sanjev kumar ? or something like that......the one who has cancer....he is sooooooooooooooooo good actor....i'm plannin to watch one of his movies where he acts as main character...correct me with his name

the song is killing...."aadmi musafir hain"..it's the best song...loved it

IPB Image

IDOL
Name: Hum Kesi Se Kam Nahe

Type: love and bit action

what i liked in this movie.....songs...oh my god...all songs are amazing...and Reshi kapoor's acting

the girl whom i don't know...is so cute...she did good as well.........the other guy sings " kya huwa tera wada" was just ok.......

i luved one of Kishor's song that i forgot now.....if anyone knows the song , plz type......Reshi sings with that girl.....

Nimii
Idol! That must be Bachhna aye haseenon lo main aagaya tongue1.gif

The girl is Kajol Kiran wink.gif
desai2rn
QUOTE(IDOL @ Dec 28 2006, 07:32 AM) *

Name: Apnapan

is a very good movie.....i liked the story...the theme...and some cute comedies......

funny parts
  • the servant's loud voice
  • kids in school bus
  • making phone calls in order to find Radhika
i liked Jetendre's acting....i could not recognize the girl who played role for Jeendre's wife.....2nd wife actually.......i liked that guy , Sanjev kumar ? or something like that......the one who has cancer....he is sooooooooooooooooo good actor....i'm plannin to watch one of his movies where he acts as main character...correct me with his name

the song is killing...."aadmi musafir hain"..it's the best song...loved it

IPB Image

You are probably refering to Sanjeev Kumar. Lots of great movies to his credit. I would recommend any
of this that come to mind

Aandhi
Trishul with Big B and Shashi Kapoor.
Koshish with Jaya Bhaduri(now Bachhan)
Sholay (old)
Angoor (comedy)

Ramesh
IDOL
QUOTE(Nimii @ Dec 27 2006, 07:35 PM) *
Idol! That must be Bachhna aye haseenon lo main aagaya tongue1.gif

The girl is Kajol Kiran wink.gif

ayooo no....it was somethin else....Reshi sings in a garden with this girl......that girl is kajol? awww, she's so cute!

IDOL
QUOTE(desai2rn @ Dec 27 2006, 09:12 PM) *

You are probably refering to Sanjeev Kumar. Lots of great movies to his credit. I would recommend any
of this that come to mind

Aandhi
Trishul with Big B and Shashi Kapoor.
Koshish with Jaya Bhaduri(now Bachhan)
Sholay (old)
Angoor (comedy)

Ramesh

Aandhi is my target to watch......and Trishul if i can find it here in calgary

thank u desai...that was sweet of u love.gif

IDOL
Name: Aandhi

Rate: Excellent!

super movie......amazingly beautiful.....i just loved it........so natural....and the amazing thing is that how could they make such flawless movie in that time.........mostly, in old movies u find some scenes that are like: whattttt?......for example, that sound of Deshoom.....and super hero styles.....etc

i am glad that desai2rn give me an idea to watch this movie.....it's simply beautiful!

i loved whole story.......that girl's ambition.....i dun what's her name...but, now i know Sanjeev Kumar though....he's just awesome....sooooo good....i wonder if he was super star of his time or not....but he's so good....the story is made in a very real way...that makes u believe it.....it's beautiful

songs are tooooooooooooooooooo good.......oh boy, now i know who were the couple speaking at the beginning, middle of the song " tere bina zindagi se koi shikwa tu nahe".....i used listen to it carefully to figure out who were they... biggrin.gif

do u know if this movie was superhit of its time?

IPB Image

Nimii
Idol the heroine is Suchitra Sen - she has acted in many old movies and is mother of Moon Moon Sen and grandmother of two Ria Sena and Rima Sen (who too act in movies - apart from modelling in advertisements)

Suchitra Sen
IPB Image

The movie was indeed a hit and was banned for sometime, coz it drew parallel to Mrs.Gandhi's political biography (our Late Prime Minister)
IDOL
QUOTE(Nimii @ Jan 1 2007, 09:44 AM) *
Idol the heroine is Suchitra Sen - she has acted in many old movies and is mother of Moon Moon Sen and grandmother of two Ria Sena and Rima Sen (who too act in movies - apart from modelling in advertisements)

Suchitra Sen
IPB Image

The movie was indeed a hit and was banned for sometime, coz it drew parallel to Mrs.Gandhi's political biography (our Late Prime Minister)

aww so cute of my Nimzzz.....i luved it........now i know who she is....i can't see the image u posted...i guess computer is too slowl.....but it's amazing to know that is based on a true story......by the way, is Mrs. Gandhi....Indra Gandhi?.....or she's Mahatma Gandhi's daughter?....caoz this Gandhi word makes me curious

maheshks
Suchitra Sen is the first Indian Heroin to win an international award. The socond was
Nargis.

The movie was not allowed to be released by Mrs Gandhi. After her loss in the 1977
elections, the ruling Janata party cleared it. The premier of the film was on Doordarshan.

Indira Gandhi had no blood relation with Mahatama Gandhi.

Suchitra Sen in her younger days.

Click to view attachment
Nimii
Mahesh ji. There is a prog on the radiocity (it comes every saturday around 2 pm) and J.Om Prakash (Prod of the movie ) was narrating about how Mrs. Gandhi finally agreed to releasing the movie, but he did not mention about her move to do so, was after she lost in the elections ohmy.gif Thanks for giving me that info. It makes more sense now!:rolleyes:
desai2rn
QUOTE(IDOL @ Jan 1 2007, 10:04 PM) *

super movie......amazingly beautiful.....i just loved it........so natural....and the amazing thing is that how could they make such flawless movie in that time.........mostly, in old movies u find some scenes that are like: whattttt?......for example, that sound of Deshoom.....and super hero styles.....etc

i am glad that desai2rn give me an idea to watch this movie.....it's simply beautiful!

i loved whole story.......that girl's ambition.....i dun what's her name...but, now i know Sanjeev Kumar though....he's just awesome....sooooo good....i wonder if he was super star of his time or not....but he's so good....the story is made in a very real way...that makes u believe it.....it's beautiful

songs are tooooooooooooooooooo good.......oh boy, now i know who were the couple speaking at the beginning, middle of the song " tere bina zindagi se koi shikwa tu nahe".....i used listen to it carefully to figure out who were they... biggrin.gif

IPB Image

Idol, I am glad you liked the Aandhi. It tells me you have taste for good movies. I guess super star is
a subjective term. Sanjeev Kumar came with theatre backround and had to strugle with B garde movies
initially but eventually made to the top and could hold his on with best of them. He was the first actor
if not the only one to win back to back presidents award.

The other movies which I was impressed by was Koshish, Arjun Pandit, Dastak and Anubhav. the last two
are black and white in case you only like tech. color.

Ramesh.
Nimii
Ramesh ji Sanjeev Kumar was good in Mausam too! He had made himself a special place in the film industry. A fine character actor of high calibre.
harihar
IDOL I came to this topic in anticipation of "Whoever Watches Old Movie, Type Here, best old bollywood movie" OLD MOVIE, how are we classifying that. before what year or after what year.

I always watch OLD movies cos it had "something" that the present does not hold except for a few that you can count on your fingers. I shall return with ones that I have viewed like I viewed

HUM EK HAIN (songs posted recently)

then a MARATHI film only cos these days it offers sub titles for one to understand the storyline and songs too.

Nimii
Harihar no RM movies for you aaj se tongue1.gif
harihar
QUOTE(Nimii @ Jan 2 2007, 01:08 AM) *

Harihar no RM movies for you aaj se tongue1.gif

Wot no RM cry.gif cry.gif cry.gif cry.gif
IDOL
QUOTE(maheshks @ Jan 1 2007, 10:02 AM) *
Suchitra Sen is the first Indian Heroin to win an international award. The socond was
Nargis.

The movie was not allowed to be released by Mrs Gandhi. After her loss in the 1977
elections, the ruling Janata party cleared it. The premier of the film was on Doordarshan.

Indira Gandhi had no blood relation with Mahatama Gandhi.

Suchitra Sen in her younger days.

Click to view attachment

It's nice to know about Suchitra Sen...i know Remi Sen, any relation with her? the girl who appeared in couple Priyadarshan movies.....

Why Mrs. Gandhi would not allow this movie?.. India is democratic...so freedom of media?

sorry, i could not understand meaning of Doordarshan sad1.gif

then, who is Indira Gandhi? Profile? and who was her husband as in movie he's supposed to be a hotel manager

thanks for the photo, she's cute....but her acting is outstanding!

Nimii
No no no! Not that Rimi Sen doh.gif

The one on left is Rima and one on the right is Ria Sen

They are Suchitra Sen's granddaughters!

IPB Image

Suchitra's daughter Moon Moon Sen was also ompppppph..!

IPB Image

Beauties of their period respectively!
IDOL
QUOTE(desai2rn @ Jan 1 2007, 12:11 PM) *
QUOTE(IDOL @ Jan 1 2007, 10:04 PM) *

IPB Image

Idol, I am glad you liked the Aandhi. It tells me you have taste for good movies. I guess super star is
a subjective term. Sanjeev Kumar came with theatre backround and had to strugle with B garde movies
initially but eventually made to the top and could hold his on with best of them. He was the first actor
if not the only one to win back to back presidents award.

The other movies which I was impressed by was Koshish, Arjun Pandit, Dastak and Anubhav. the last two
are black and white in case you only like tech. color.

Ramesh.

Ramesh ji....it was an excellent....the most perfect movie i have ever seen...it's so real....and dialogues are so rich....delevery is amazing.....and songs, oh boy , no word ........i am so much impressed with this movie....and i am in luv with Sanjeev Kumar's acting...he acts so natural...i just love his eye direction while delivering dialogues........is he, by any chance, the guy who came to bollywood to be a singer and turn out to be an actor?...or that was another Kumar.......but anyhow, he's too good!

Trishul is the next movie to watch

once again, thanks for your help love.gif

IDOL
QUOTE(Nimii @ Jan 1 2007, 01:00 PM) *
No no no! Not that Rimi Sen doh.gif

The one on left is Rima and one on the right is Ria Sen

They are Suchitra Sen's granddaughters!

IPB Image

Suchitra's daughter Moon Moon Sen was also ompppppph..!

IPB Image

Beauties of their period respectively!

awwwww, i know one of them only.....those two girl...i know the right one...she worked in Style movie....Aish type beauty.....she's cute.......

and who is this moon moon..........she's so beautiful....what time she worked in movies?...with whom? any success?

IDOL
QUOTE(harihar @ Jan 1 2007, 12:25 PM) *
IDOL I came to this topic in anticipation of "Whoever Watches Old Movie, Type Here, best old bollywood movie" OLD MOVIE, how are we classifying that. before what year or after what year.

I always watch OLD movies cos it had "something" that the present does not hold except for a few that you can count on your fingers. I shall return with ones that I have viewed like I viewed

HUM EK HAIN (songs posted recently)

then a MARATHI film only cos these days it offers sub titles for one to understand the storyline and songs too.

oh no worries .....type any kind of good movie....just not this year release.....caoz for new releases there's another thread.....it doesn't matter if u talk about any movie....as long as it's not a new release.....so, from black and white...to any year....except 2006/2007

IDOL
Name: Trishul

Type: Drama/action

It was nice movie...over all, i liked it.....Sajeev was amazing.....an ambitious person who sacrificed his love for money....and Amitabh is mr. angry...........shishi was cute too............the best part of movie is when Wahida leaves the town and raises Amitab..........Lata's song tears your heart......i rewinded it, and cried.......and then rewinded it and cried laugh.gif ........i was rewinding tape, and tape was rewinding my cry laugh.gif ............that was very beautiful part....that's the pain i expect in sad movies....as i did not like Baabul much caoz of less pain ......... Amitab's fight with his father is interesting....even though, it's far from reality......Lata's back ground song had huge effect ....whenever he looks at board Shanti Construction.....it's so beautiful to hear sweet Lata's sad background song....oh boy, i am in luv with that song..........other good things i noticed in movie was....three most beautiful girls ....Hema, Poonam, and Raakhi......oh boy, they are sooooooooooo beautiful.......and oh yeah, Wahida as well...........i did not like Poonam's acting.....her acting was weak.....caoz it gave audience time to think, oh it's movie and she's an actor....when she was delivering her dialogue lines...she had pause , it's like " ok , now it's ur time (front actor) say ur line".... laugh.gif ...i hate to think i watch movie when i watch movie....u got the point?...i wanna get drowned in the movie while i watch..... wink.gif ........and this Poonam would give me a break laugh.gif , the boy with her was not very interesting either..........over all, very good movie i liked it.....caoz of Sanjeev, Amitabh, Wahida, and Shishi & Rakhi

IPB Image

IDOL
my fav scene:

IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

IDOL
my fav scene:

IPB ImageIPB Image

IDOL
my fav scene:

IPB ImageIPB Image
IDOL
my fav scene:
IPB ImageIPB Image
IDOL
once again thanks to Ramish ji................i will watch Koshish now...............Sanjeev Kumar special , at my house laugh.gif

desai2rn
QUOTE(Nimii @ Jan 2 2007, 12:51 AM) *

Ramesh ji Sanjeev Kumar was good in Mausam too! He had made himself a special place in the film industry. A fine character actor of high calibre.

Nimmi you are absolutley right. I don't know how I missed it. A character actor who often over shadowed
the hero in the movie. He had a great supporting role in Sataykam, with Dharmji doing one of the best
role as a hero.

Ramesh
IDOL
has anyone watched Kabuliwala? gew me a review......plz

Nimii
I saw the vcd in the music shop rack wacko.gif but didnt pick it up re. It is based on a story by the same name by Rabindranath Tagore. A sweet story about the relationship that grows between a little girl and a man who comes from Kabul to sell some sweetmeat. Balraj Sahni would definitely have done a marvellous performance considering what a class actor he was. I think you shld go ahead and see it. It is a Bimal Roy productions. So you can watch the movie without a second thought.

N rolleyes.gif
desai2rn
QUOTE(IDOL @ Jan 28 2007, 12:30 AM) *

I saw it a few years back. IMHO Bimal Roy always made meaningful movies.
First if you don't mind black and white movie that is a liitle sentimental than this is a great movie
staring the late Balraj Sahani, one of the finest actor. Great music. In fact I feel like wachting it again.

Ramesh
IDOL
QUOTE(desai2rn @ Jan 27 2007, 01:44 PM) *
QUOTE(IDOL @ Jan 28 2007, 12:30 AM) *

I saw it a few years back. IMHO Bimal Roy always made meaningful movies.
First if you don't mind black and white movie that is a liitle sentimental than this is a great movie
staring the late Balraj Sahani, one of the finest actor. Great music. In fact I feel like wachting it again.

Ramesh

i don't have problem with black and white, but i have problem with sound/voice....i hardly can understand what character says as hindi/urdu is not my language....i need a good sound system in order to understand the language sad.gif

IDOL
QUOTE(Nimii @ Jan 27 2007, 12:51 PM) *
I saw the vcd in the music shop rack wacko.gif but didnt pick it up re. It is based on a story by the same name by Rabindranath Tagore. A sweet story about the relationship that grows between a little girl and a man who comes from Kabul to sell some sweetmeat. Balraj Sahni would definitely have done a marvellous performance considering what a class actor he was. I think you shld go ahead and see it. It is a Bimal Roy productions. So you can watch the movie without a second thought.

N rolleyes.gif

cute. seems interesting....i might go for it

Nimii
IDOL I have u/l the song you wanted on the thread you requested! biggrin.gif
IDOL
i watched Hamraaz,

It was a very beautiful movie.......i loved everything about the movie......i am so crazy about the songs in this movie........whoever the music director is, he did an excellent job........mostly in movies, you find one or two best songs..........however, in this movie, every song is unique........i loved it.... I liked the story as well........it was very interesting....specially the supense in 2nd half...it was engaging.....i don't know if this movie was hit of its time.......but i believe it might have scored something in bollywood ........

I know many of character's name except the heroine...i saw her for the first time....but oh boy, she was very beautiful wearing beautiful saaris......

IPB Image

IDOL
wikipedia says:

1960s (Top Movies)
  • Upkar (1967): Two brothers in a poor village are devoted to each other; Manoj Kumar gives up his ambitions so that his brother (Prem Chopra) can stay in school.
  • Teen Deviyan (1965): Devdutt Anand (played by Dev Anand) falls in love with three different women and has to decide which one to marry.
  • Mughal-e-Azam (1960): The son of the Moghul Emperor defies him for love of a beautiful dancing-girl (Madhubala). A lavish production for its time, featuring a score by Naushad and poetic Urdu dialogue. The film was recently colorized and re-issued.
------------------------------------------------------

You tell me which one is the top three or two...........so that i go and rent it..........i have reading week, free from university tongue1.gif

IDOL
Or 70s

1970s
  • Don (1978): Amitabh Bachchan plays a double role in this movie. He plays the role of a simple man put into the role of a crime boss. Also stars Zeenat Aman and Pran.
  • Julie (1975): South Indian director Nagi Reddy had a surprise hit in this Hindi film. Stars Lakshmi. The music was very popular.
  • Sholay (Flames) (1975): Ex-cop Thakur Baldev Singh (Sanjeev Kumar) hires two jail birds (Amitabh Bachchan and Dharmendra) to save his district from Gabbar Singh (Amjad Khan) and his band of dacoits. Based on American westerns, it became the most successful film in Indian film history.
  • Jai Santoshi Maa (1975): A good woman is abandoned by her husband and mistreated by his malicious sisters-in-law, but her devotion to the Hindu goddess Santoshi Maa solves all. This religious B-movie was an unexpected success and elevated a regional deity (Santoshi Maa) to wider fame.
  • Yaadon Ki Baraat (1973): Three brothers take revenge on the criminal who killed their parents. Stars Dharmendra and Zeenat Aman. Notable for R.D. Burman's energetic score and especially the song Chura liya hai.
  • Mera Naam Joker (1970): A Raj Kapoor classic.Semi autobiographical-tells the story of a romantic aritst ( a circus clown) and all the women he falls in love with.
Talaikya
Lets try the process of elimination shall we??

1960's

I do not recommend the following as they are much of the same with nothing (except music of course) setting them apart - Do Raaste, Farz, Ram aur Shyam, Upkaar, Jab Jab Phool Khile, Junglee, An Evening in Paris

My all time favorites - which I have watched every few years till recently :

Jewel Thief, Waqt, Sangam, Teesri Manzil, Guide
(they are all very entertaining and well made films with awesome music)

All time classics - but heavier in nature and hence cannot be seen often -

Khamoshi, Dosti, Bandini, Sahib Biwiw Aur Ghulam

I haven't seen Kanoon and Haqeeqat

I also love Padosan (comedy) in parts. Teen Deviyan was a flop in it's time because it was a movie ahead of it's time then, I like it a lot. Mughal E Azam is one of the all time epics, the dialogs are the best ever and it needs to be seen with a great deal of concentration. Ganga Jamuna too is a classic, with lovely music, but I can't watch it over and over. I don't remember Mera Saaya in detail, but it's very entertaining - good suspense etc. Aradhana is a very entertaining movie with lovely music.

Hope I haven't confused you more than helped. Reading week doesn't mean watching week does it?? (just kidding... am not your mother after all biggrin.gif)

I think you'll find good ones from the 60's, I haven't looked at your 70s list for now.
Talaikya
ah the 70s look to be easier ...

Avoidable - Sargam, Don (its only attraction is the new Don and how it's better than the new one smile.gif), Trishul, Dharam Veer, Ham Kisise Kam Nahin, Julie, Jai Santoshi Ma (though I haven't seen it), Roti Kapda Aur Makan, Daag, Jugnu, Shor, Seeta Aur Geeta, Caravan (I haven't seen this one either), HRHK, Kati Patang, Mera Gaon Mera Desh, Purab Aur Paschim, Sachcha Jootha, Pakeezah (it got ruined in the making), Satyam Shivam Sundaram (good theme ruined by Zeenat Aman and ofc RK was responsible for that)

Same old same old but presented well -

Johnny Mera Naam (my fav director - Vijay Anand)
Deewar (of the "mere paas maa hain fame)
Bobby (as always lovely cinematography)
Kabhi Kabhi (nice music, good looking folks, predictable story),
Amar Akbar Anthony - out and out masala film, but a classic nevertheless. I don't want to see it now though.
Muqaddar Ka Sikandar - was nice enough then, but like I said nothing new to offer.

Iffy - Mera Naam Joker - too long, the first third was very good, the second wasn't bad, the 3rd chapter in his love life was ... ugh! Still a very good theme, but...

Shatranj Ke Khiladi - ok this one got too off beat for me, I did like it, but it bored me to tears at times

Classics - Sholay (it just came together beautifully even though it was a masala film)
Guddi (a small film, not glamorous, but very nice)
Anand (was very well received at that time, a tragedy ... but I don't know if it would live up to the present, I haven't wanted to see it again) Zanjeer - introduced Amitabh in his "angry young man" avtaar, a nice enough film, but again no glamor.
Abhimaan - one of my eternal favorites, lovely music.
Garm Hawa - if you ever lay your hand on this one, buy it for me!! It's a beauty - but flopped bad. Very serious, I dunno if it's something you'd like to watch.
Aandhi - very nice, based on the life of Indira Gandhi - no glamor. Chupke Chupke - an all time favorite comedy.
Chit Chor - they made Main Prem Ki Deewani Hoon or some such on the same story. Simple and sweet. Doesn't really classify as a classic... but...

Hope I got them all (mahn I have seen too many movies!!)

IDOL
Hey Tali, You've been very helpful here. I wanna watch old movies, but i don't know what to watch. I liked the way you wrote a little note for each movies, that will help me reduce my choice list. Thank you, you are sweet love.gif

I didn't log in earlier, and i missed your comment on Do Raste. As i already rented the movie, i have to watch.

Talaikya
You're welcome Khobz, it helped that you had a shortlist handy, if you'd just asked what to watch, that would have been difficult.

Now if you like Do Raaste does that mean you'll watch the rest that I have not recommended?? biggrin.gif
IDOL
I watched Do Raaste

it was very good movie ........the story is good.......I think, it still will be accepted in today's world....for instance, the negative role played by Prem Chopra's wife in this movie...can be taken naturally now a days....she plays a natural behavior that can be found in some woman.....so, i think the story is good enough to survive even now....

I found comedy scenes very very strong and well done.........there's a scene which makes me laugh even if i am not watching it.......i mimic that kid's way of sining wherever i am....the scene is:

Prem chopra just got married........and two of her nephews are playing with dolls on his bed.....kids are singing sort of playing song......"O mamma, O mamma, O mamma , mamma".......during this time Prem chopra is kissing his wife's hand (in a way, kids are not seeing)........while the kid is singing "O mamma" he switches the word "O mama to O Chachaaaaa" by a sudden scream...."Oooo Chacha, O chacha, O chacha, chacha"...LOL.....and Prem chopra is about to fall down with that scream.......he's miserablly interupted by kid's song.... laugh.gif .........this scene has everything...very natural comedy........and great acting done by kids........when Prem Chopra convinces the boy to go and sleep in another room...........oh boy, this little boy acts sooooooo good.......he insists on sleeping with Chacha and Chachi......i was amazed with that little boy's acting and body expression......the way he grabs his Chacha's chin by saying that....."Goddie say mistake hue"...prem chopra is thinking that they might leave the bed room, he says very good....totally opposite to what Prem Chopra expects the kid says, "Goddie soyeegi chachi ke saath, aur main suownga aap ke saath" LOL......here he grabs Prem Chopra's chin while talking...he's wearing that funny smile as well LOL....he kills me by his cute acting......

I loved every dialogue between "Mausi of Sholay" and her husband..... biggrin.gif

I liked Saaries that Prem Chopra's wife wears....she's got a great figure...by the way, what's her name? she mostly acts in negative roles......

for a change, it was nice to see Prem Chopra in sort of positive role....since childhood i always hated him for his roles laugh.gif

over all, i liked it....there are some points that are not very convincing.....for instance, comedy scenes between Rajish Khana and Mumataz is not very interesting.....

IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

IDOL
QUOTE(Talaikya @ Feb 21 2007, 02:37 PM) *
You're welcome Khobz, it helped that you had a shortlist handy, if you'd just asked what to watch, that would have been difficult.

Now if you like Do Raaste does that mean you'll watch the rest that I have not recommended?? biggrin.gif

Talliiiiiiiiiiiiiiii, i liked some comedy scenes in Do Raaste............oh i loved that kid's work, annoying his uncle for not leaving the bedroom laugh.gif ..........but ur right it is not as good as ......let's say Aandhi.....or Padosan...these are sort of most perfect bollywood movies.........

brgarg
QUOTE(IDOL @ Feb 27 2007, 04:14 AM) *

I watched Do Raaste

it was very good movie ........the story is good.......I think, it still will be accepted in today's world....for instance, the negative role played by Prem Chopra's wife in this movie...can be taken naturally now a days....she plays a natural behavior that can be found in some woman.....so, i think the story is good enough to survive even now....

I found comedy scenes very very strong and well done.........there's a scene which makes me laugh even if i am not watching it.......i mimic that kid's way of sining wherever i am....the scene is:

Prem chopra just got married........and two of her nephews are playing with dolls on his bed.....kids are singing sort of playing song......"O mamma, O mamma, O mamma , mamma".......during this time Prem chopra is kissing his wife's hand (in a way, kids are not seeing)........while the kid is singing "O mamma" he switches the word "O mama to O Chachaaaaa" by a sudden scream...."Oooo Chacha, O chacha, O chacha, chacha"...LOL.....and Prem chopra is about to fall down with that scream.......he's miserablly interupted by kid's song.... laugh.gif .........this scene has everything...very natural comedy........and great acting done by kids........when Prem Chopra convinces the boy to go and sleep in another room...........oh boy, this little boy acts sooooooo good.......he insists on sleeping with Chacha and Chachi......i was amazed with that little boy's acting and body expression......the way he grabs his Chacha's chin by saying that....."Goddie say mistake hue"...prem chopra is thinking that they might leave the bed room, he says very good....totally opposite to what Prem Chopra expects the kid says, "Goddie soyeegi chachi ke saath, aur main suownga aap ke saath" LOL......here he grabs Prem Chopra's chin while talking...he's wearing that funny smile as well LOL....he kills me by his cute acting......

I loved every dialogue between "Mausi of Sholay" and her husband..... biggrin.gif

I liked Saaries that Prem Chopra's wife wears....she's got a great figure...by the way, what's her name? she mostly acts in negative roles......

for a change, it was nice to see Prem Chopra in sort of positive role....since childhood i always hated him for his roles laugh.gif

over all, i liked it....there are some points that are not very convincing.....for instance, comedy scenes between Rajish Khana and Mumataz is not very interesting.....

IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

she is Bindu, who played the role of chachi in the film. She was related to the music duo of Laxmi kant Pyare Lal. She done good role in Kati Patang also.
brgarg
QUOTE(IDOL @ Feb 21 2007, 02:21 AM) *

i watched Hamraaz,

It was a very beautiful movie.......i loved everything about the movie......i am so crazy about the songs in this movie........whoever the music director is, he did an excellent job........mostly in movies, you find one or two best songs..........however, in this movie, every song is unique........i loved it.... I liked the story as well........it was very interesting....specially the supense in 2nd half...it was engaging.....i don't know if this movie was hit of its time.......but i believe it might have scored something in bollywood ........

I know many of character's name except the heroine...i saw her for the first time....but oh boy, she was very beautiful wearing beautiful saaris......

IPB Image

The heroine's name was VIMI who appeared for the first time on Hindi movie screen. She was the beauty to be appreciated. Her dialogue delivery was not perfect. So she remained quite most of the time in the film. She did another film "Abhroo" also. She died at the prime of her life and career. None in the industry helped her in getting the medical treatment. I still remember her Abhroo song....Jinhein hum bhoolna chaahein woh aksar yaad aatein hain......

May God give peace to her soul,

brgarg
brgarg
QUOTE(IDOL @ Feb 22 2007, 02:02 AM) *

Hey Tali, You've been very helpful here. I wanna watch old movies, but i don't know what to watch. I liked the way you wrote a little note for each movies, that will help me reduce my choice list. Thank you, you are sweet love.gif

I didn't log in earlier, and i missed your comment on Do Raste. As i already rented the movie, i have to watch.

Hello,

In case you have not watched "Mughal-e-Azam". This is a must for vintage HINDI film lovers. Another set of movies I shall recommend are: AWAARA; MERA SAAYA; WAQT; GUIDE; WOH KAUN THI; JAB JAB PHOOL KHILE; MUJHE JEENE DO; MERA NAAM JOKER; ANGOOR ETC.
ZaiRa
I watched Trishul last night!
I just loved it -- Songs were awesome n so was AB! ninja.gif

Today i m gonna watch Des Pardes! closedeyes.gif
Aurous
QUOTE(ZaiRa @ Apr 11 2007, 08:28 AM) *

I watched Trishul last night!
I just loved it -- Songs were awesome n so was AB! ninja.gif

Today i m gonna watch Des Pardes! closedeyes.gif

ZaiRa...Trishul's an awesome movie, Have watched it once or twice but AB was mind-blowing as was the case with many of his movies in the 70s.

I have these Trishul pics with me...Sharing 'em...

Click to view attachment

IPB Image

ZaiRa
I watched Des Pardes last night starring Dev anand, Tina munim n Pran!
ninja.gif ninja.gif
It didnt really click! -- I liked one song though, * Tu pi aur jee * sleep.gif
IDOL
Tue 27 Sep 2005

<H2 class=post-title>Top 10 most memorable Hindi movie quotes \"IPB</H2>Posted by Archana under Moviez!

Kitne admi the – Sholay (1975)

IPB Image

In her well researched and immensely readable book on Sholay, Anupama Chopra says that the popularity of a movie can be assessed by the ad spoofs it inspires. From the time of its release in 1975, kitney aadmi the has churned out innumerable ads. So is Gabbar’s kitne admi the Hindi movie’s most memorable dialogue ever? Sholay was the first movie to bring out an audio of the film’s dialogues and the experiment was a raging success. The dialogues sold more than R D Burman’s compositions! From jo dar gaya samjho mar gaya to < karta drama ghari>and tumhara naam kya hai Basanti anyone who has seen the movie, has his own favourite dialogue.

Yeh bacchhon ke khelne ki cheez nahi, haath kat jaaye toh khoon nikal aata hai’ – Waqt (1965)

IPB Image

Directed by Yash Chopra and produced by B R Chopra, this multi-starer blockbuster established some of Hindi movies most recurrent and popular themes: brothers separated at birth, who keep meeting each other without realizing their kinship; one brother grows up virtuous, the other is on the wrong side of the law; rich girl falling in love with an idealistic poor man. Waqt also set the trend for all future Yash Chopra movies, with opulent houses, lush manicured lawns, ladies dressed prettily in chiffon and designer churidars, flashy big cars and song sequences in the verdant valleys of Kashmir (which later shifted to Switzerland).

Babumoshai…! – Anand (1970)

IPB Image

Rajesh Khanna was already a superstar when he co-starred with the gangly Amitabh who looked quite uncharismatic next to the effervescent charmer. Rajesh Khanna’s babumoshai was replete with affection, warmth and had a teasing note to it. It wasn’t an artificially contrived Bengali mannerism like Bhansali’s bondhu or shotti from Devdas. The same playfully affectionate address takes on profoundly tragic overtones when Rajesh Khanna’s recorded message tries to comfort his friend Amitabh, as Amitabh weeps over the death of his patient (Rajesh Khanna), who had also become his closest friend

Aap ke paon dekhe, bahut haseen hai. Inhe zameen par mat utariyega — maile ho jayenge – Pakeezah (1972)

IPB Image

Raj Kumar’s gravelly rendition of this immortal sentence has become synonymous with classic romance and chivalry. It was delivered as a ‘voice over’ through a letter that Meena Kumari discovers left on her train berth. The irony is of course that the courtesan Sahibjaan (Meena Kumari) earns her living through mujras, where she has to get her feet dirty, enticing men with her dance. The train’s piercing whistle recurs as a leitmotif throughout the movie, reminding her of her secret admirer and holds out the promise of a better life, away from men who purchase her beauty at the kotha.

Mujhse dosti karoge? Bobby (1973)

IPB Image

Dimple puts out her hand and asks Rishi mujhse dosti karoge? Seems like a simple request but it created cinematic history of sorts. Never before had a girl been so forward as to make the first move. That too with a handshake. It was unheard of, since Hindi film heroines normally simpered and shied away from any bodily contact until the man had wooed her. In a short skirt and with a wide-eyed quizzical _expression, Bobby (Dimple), is unabashed youthfulness and sexiness personified. The line also became the most hackneyed ice-breaker in college campuses all over the country.

Mere pas ma hai – Deewar (1975)

IPB Image

Nirupama Roy, the quintessential long suffering, patient and gentle ‘ma’ in innumerable Hindi movies, became immortalized as the ‘ma’ whom Amitabh could not win over with his gari, bari and bungalow. That single stark sentence was brilliantly juxtaposed against Amitabh’s rantings about his material possessions. Mere pas ma hai summed up the entire gamut of moral issues that were at stake in the movie. Ponderous generalizations such as ‘crime does not pay’, ‘money cannot buy love’ and ‘the end does not justify the means’ were put across succinctly and simply through this single sentence. Another classic quote from the Salim – Javed duo.

Mogambo khush hua – Mr. India (1987)

IPB Image

Amrish Puri could never live down his Mogambo image (his evil priest role in Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom was simply another exaggerated and more grotesque Mogambo). Mogambo khush hua was eccentric evil incarnate, in colourful Bollywood hyperbole. He wore outlandish clothes, made his eyes as big as saucers, threatened hapless victims into submission and then chortled out loud Mogambo khush hua.

Children loved him because he seemed a caricature straight out of a comic strip.

Dosti mein no sorry, no thank you – Maine Pyar Kiya (1988)

IPB Image

Saccharine…but teenagers loved this new definition of friendship. Friendship badges and stickers became a rage in schools, which was in itself, a completely new phenomenon in India (to be revived as friendship bands after Kuch Kuch Hota Hai hit the screen in 2003). “Love means never having to say you are sorry”, from Love Story was the inspiration for this dialogue. The theme of friendship between a girl and a boy is juxtaposed against the cynical view ek ladka aur ek ladki kabhi dost nahin ban sakte, questioning the innocence and purity of their relationship.

Mein chota sa, pyara sa, nanha sa, baccha hoon – Chaalbaaz (1989)

IPB Image

One of Shakti Kapoor’s first comic roles in striped knee length drawers with the drawer string hanging out, which went on to become a staple character in David Dhawan movies. By this time Shakti Kapoor had exhausted his range of villainous expressions. He tried his hand at comedy and proved to be a huge success. Ever since then, he has been repeating this dialogue in umpteen shows and TV interviews. And why did he say he was a baccha? Because he thought Sridevi wanted to seduce him, when in reality, she wanted to beat the living daylights out of him!

Bade bade deshon mein, aisi choti choti baatein hoti rahti hain - Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge (1995)

IPB Image

Youngsters picked this line up and used it whenever they had to justify a meaningless, random act. It was thought to be ‘cool’ and witty. Shah Rukh Khan of course epitomized the cool dude. That he was a second generation Indian, settled abroad increased his appeal to all aspiring yuppies back in India! The comment was quintessential Raj – the carefree, rich, mischievous, but heart-in-the-right-place, lover boy who wooed Kajol and millions of girls in India and abroad with his mandolin in tujhe dekha to yeh jana sanam.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.