Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Auld Lang Syne

, TAKE A WALK DOWN MELODY LANE...

Forum Rules Please read and thoroughly understand the forum rules and regulations:
114 Pages V « < 15 16 17 18 19 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Auld Lang Syne, TAKE A WALK DOWN MELODY LANE...
Harishankar
post Nov 10 2006, 09:53 PM
Post #241

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 6011

QUOTE(SAJDAH @ Oct 11 2006, 07:11 AM) *

''O Yaad Aane Lagi'' sad.gif

Movie - Daman

Music - K.Dutta

Does anybody have the following songs of Daman? If so, please, please upload ...

(1) Tirulilla tirulilla tirulilla la - Lata
(2) Chakori ka chanda se pyar - Lata
(3) Yeh ruki ruki hawaayen - Asha & Lata
(4) Ashkon se likhi taqdeer meri - Lata

Hari
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Pradeep
post Nov 12 2006, 07:02 PM
Post #242

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

Sorry Hari. I don't have any of those you've listed other than one that Sajdah uploaded.

Listening to this song after a long time.. from Khoj.. Chanda Ka Dil

Chanda Ka Dil
Film: Khoj
Year: 1953
Music: Nisar Bazmi
Lyrics: Raja Mehndi
Format: mp3
Duration: 3.02 mins
Bitrate: 128kbit 44100Hz Joint Stereo.

kuch bhi nahin hai tera mol, boli na badi bol, khilona tu maati ka...
+Quote Post
SAJDAH
post Nov 20 2006, 04:31 PM
Post #243

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Away
Member No.: 3708

QUOTE(Flex001 @ Nov 4 2006, 08:09 PM) *

QUOTE(SAJDAH @ Oct 31 2006, 03:02 PM) *

QUOTE(venkat @ Oct 31 2006, 04:29 PM) *

Sajdah Ji,

Thanks for Dil Me Ek Jaan-e-Tamanna.
Though it is 16 Kb per second, it is much clearer than many 128/256 and even 350 Kb s I keep experiencing on HF! Besides, I could d/l it in less than a minute. I just do not understand this fuss/concept that higher the Kb per second, the clearer is the song. At least, not on HF.

Venkat

bow.gif Venkat ji, i am beholden to you for being brave enough to acknowledge this.

Like you i prefer songs which are of low bitrate's for my personal listening - you are absolutely right, they are not just "clearer" as you said - they do sound closer to what they sound on vinyl. wub.gif

This particular song from Benazir, i know i have one with a higher bitrate. But searching for it, would have taken up a lot of time which i was then short of and since i loved the sound of this one wub.gif i chose to upload it.
And i am very glad that i did so. smile.gif
For if i hadn't i would never have known how you felt about this 'issue'.

I've come across a lot of ugly comments regarding 16kbps songs on HF ( not on our Rafi sahab forum, and thank goodness for that ! ) in recent times - some even referred to such songs as "trash" ! sad.gif

Well, it's not my place to correct them - i personally would never use such language even for the 'revivals' !

I am not at all ashamed to confess that i absolutely love the sound of some of the 16kbps songs. They actually make you want to listen to them again and again.

That to me is the test of a good recording - no matter how many higher bitrates' the songs are if they fail to compel you to play it all over again, then nothing has been accomplished.

I am in such a fix - It's become really difficult to manage two of most songs, one the 16kbps for myself and the 128 and higher for uploading only ( I only rarely listen to them ! ).

What i won't do is get rid of the "trash" ph34r.gif - i would gladly trade all my 128 / 256kbps and higher songs for the other sort any time without any regrets whatsoever.

If i say more it's sure to snowball into yet another 'controversy' so i'll hold my peace for now. wub.gif

Regards

SAJDAH

Try this for size...

Thank you ever so much. bow.gif

IPB Image
"I live for those who love me, For those who know me true;
For the heaven so blue above me,
And the good that I can do."
+Quote Post
SAJDAH
post Nov 20 2006, 07:10 PM
Post #244

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(princeali @ Nov 4 2006, 11:50 AM) *

QUOTE(SAJDAH @ Nov 2 2006, 04:09 AM) *

Aadil sahab - Sajdah behn is what i am ! rolleyes.gif

laugh.gif That's what I tried to call Sajdah earlier..."behn".....apparently "someone" (tongue1.gif) (i.e the owner of this great thread) told me they don't look like a behn or are far from it huh.gif

lol I guess it was a mix-up biggrin.gif

ohmy.gif Prince Ali - what an honour to hear from you. smile.gif Did i keep you waiting too long ? I sincerely hope not. sad.gif

You sound really desperate to make me your 'behn' - why ? If you recall, i've declined that honour once before and i told you the reasons.
Let me see - shall i go through them yet again ?rolleyes.gif
The first - what's the sister of a 'prince' called ? A Princess - right ?

Princess Sajdah - now that doesn't seem right at all to me. Something's very wrong with that. sad.gif
For though it is true, without doubt that i would most certainly look the part - playing the part is a totally different matter. sad.gif
The reason being i am too much of a free spirit. wub.gif

That's my first reason. tongue1.gif

Now for the second and the real one.

I would much rather you treat me like your behn rather than call me one - if that's acceptable to you.
Wouldn't that be best ?

Oh, and just for the record - 'behn' and 'behnji' are sometimes not the same - at least in the Northern parts of India. rolleyes.gif
The first has an innocuous enough meaning - the second doesn't. ninja.gif

I'll tell you what, the day i belong to the second category - you can be the first to call me by that term and i promise not to take offence either. tongue1.gif

That will be a looooooooooooooooong wait for you - unfortunately. sad.gif wacko.gif
( Fortunately ? ) smile.gif wub.gif

SAJDAH

IPB Image
+Quote Post
SAJDAH
post Nov 20 2006, 07:31 PM
Post #245

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

"Sab Jawan Sab Haseen"

Movie - Main Suhagan Hoon

Music - Lacchiram

IPB Image
+Quote Post
SAJDAH
post Nov 20 2006, 07:38 PM
Post #246

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

"Chahe Kismat Humko"

Movie - Neelampari

Music - Khurshid Anwar

IPB Image
+Quote Post
SAJDAH
post Nov 20 2006, 07:48 PM
Post #247

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

"Dil Leke Dil Diya Hai"

Movie - Stage

Music - Husnlal Bhagatram

IPB Image
+Quote Post
SAJDAH
post Nov 20 2006, 08:26 PM
Post #248

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

"Aayi Baharon Ki Shaam"

Movie - Wapas

Music - Laxmikant Pyarelal

Especially wub.gif this one !

IPB Image
+Quote Post
SAJDAH
post Nov 20 2006, 09:05 PM
Post #249

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Pradeep @ Nov 12 2006, 07:02 PM) *

Listening to this song after a long time.. from Khoj.. Chanda Ka Dil

Chanda Ka Dil
Film: Khoj
Year: 1953
Music: Nisar Bazmi

"Chanda Ka Dil" is a very beautiful composition indeed, but then all of Nisar Bazmi's melodies are great. wub.gif At least i think so.

Take this one - I am sure that even someone with two left feet would be compelled to shake a leg, so persuasive is the beat ! wub.gif Who knows maybe the lucky bloke might even be rewarded with an encore ninja.gif

"Teri Kasam O Dilruba"

Movie - Shola Joh Badhke

Penned by - Saba Afghani ( He of the famous ghazal "Yun Bekhudi Se Kaam Liya" ) wub.gif

Music - Nisar Bazmi

This composer who migrated to Pakistan i believe in 1962, finally got the due he rightfully deserved there. The unforgettable score for Ahmed Faraz's ''Ranjish Hi Sahi" is just one instance of the sheer genius of this composer.

And whenever the two - Nisar Bazmi and Saba Afghani got together, they produced soulful music - Halla Gulla is an example.

And now for this wild dance number from Shola Joh Badhke, another of comedian Bhagwan Dada's freaky B grade flop comedies'.

Oh, i forgot to mention that i love Rafi sahab's voice in this song - it is simply sizzzzzzzzzzzling. wub.gif And that's just an understatement.

The song -

IPB Image
+Quote Post
SAJDAH
post Nov 21 2006, 08:50 PM
Post #250

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

"Ankhon Pe Bharosa Mat Kar" ohmy.gif wacko.gif

Movie - Detective

Music - Mukul Roy (One of the two noted composer brothers' of Geeta ji - the other being Kanu Roy )

IPB Image
+Quote Post
princeali
post Nov 21 2006, 09:00 PM
Post #251

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 134

QUOTE(SAJDAH @ Nov 20 2006, 08:40 AM) *

ohmy.gif Prince Ali - what an honour to hear from you. smile.gif Did i keep you waiting too long ? I sincerely hope not. sad.gif

You sound really desperate to make me your 'behn' - why ? If you recall, i've declined that honour once before and i told you the reasons.
Let me see - shall i go through them yet again ?rolleyes.gif
The first - what's the sister of a 'prince' called ? A Princess - right ?

Princess Sajdah - now that doesn't seem right at all to me. Something's very wrong with that. sad.gif
For though it is true, without doubt that i would most certainly look the part - playing the part is a totally different matter. sad.gif
The reason being i am too much of a free spirit. wub.gif

That's my first reason. tongue1.gif

Now for the second and the real one.

I would much rather you treat me like your behn rather than call me one - if that's acceptable to you.
Wouldn't that be best ?

Oh, and just for the record - 'behn' and 'behnji' are sometimes not the same - at least in the Northern parts of India. rolleyes.gif
The first has an innocuous enough meaning - the second doesn't. ninja.gif

I'll tell you what, the day i belong to the second category - you can be the first to call me by that term and i promise not to take offence either. tongue1.gif

That will be a looooooooooooooooong wait for you - unfortunately. sad.gif wacko.gif
( Fortunately ? ) smile.gif wub.gif

SAJDAH

It's nothing to do with being desperate to call you or anyone anything (in this case 'behn'), in my last post I was just pointing out (in a kidding way) that what I had addressed you earlier was similar to what you had told someone else to address you, but in my case I beleive you may have taken it a different way (from what I meant), and it was a mixup (i.e behen-ji), I should have worded it differently. smile.gif.

On this forum I address other members as 'bhai', which is why I mentioned 'behn' for you, as simple as that, no confusion or mix up was intended and ofcourse its fine by me that you would prefer me not addresing you this way, and I did not mean for you to take any offence on anything either.

Hope this clears everything up. smile.gif

Prince Ali
+Quote Post
venkat
post Nov 21 2006, 09:08 PM
Post #252

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 6841

Sajdah Ji,

Thanks for the nice, bhoole-bisre, "Teri Kasam O Dilruba' song. Your 'Detective' and 'Main Suhagan Hoon' songs are also very nice, but I have them with me.

I am not so pretentious as to think that I know the quality of all the songs in your thread. I just do not seem to know quite a few of them. If I take the pains to d/l all of them, I may find some in the category of known nice songs which I could not recognise before d/l, some new songs for me, but very nice on hearing and some new songs for me, but not so nice for my ear.

Probably, you can help by giving your own comments on each of your uploads. This will help us decide. Like the recommendation you gave on this Shola Jo Bhadke song.

Regards,

Venkat

I have changed many views in life since my childhood, but not my view of Rafi Saab as the God-sent Gandharva who visited this Earth briefly to spread ultimate ecstasy among genuine music-lovers!

Mohammed Rafi: Highest Quantity Of Greatest Quality In Mind-boggling Variety!!!
+Quote Post
SAJDAH
post Nov 21 2006, 10:14 PM
Post #253

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

"Tere Hum O Sanam"

Movie - Bachpan

Music - Sardar Malik wub.gif

Distinctly Old World-ish ( In the best possible way ! ) - both the feelings and the melody - that's why i love it. wub.gif Sends you into a reverie every time you hear it.

IPB Image
+Quote Post
SAJDAH
post Nov 22 2006, 07:49 PM
Post #254

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(venkat @ Nov 21 2006, 09:08 PM) *

Sajdah Ji,

Thanks for the nice, bhoole-bisre, "Teri Kasam O Dilruba' song. Your 'Detective' and 'Main Suhagan Hoon' songs are also very nice, but I have them with me.

I am not so pretentious as to think that I know the quality of all the songs in your thread. I just do not seem to know quite a few of them. If I take the pains to d/l all of them, I may find some in the category of known nice songs which I could not recognise before d/l, some new songs for me, but very nice on hearing and some new songs for me, but not so nice for my ear.

Probably, you can help by giving your own comments on each of your uploads. This will help us decide. Like the recommendation you gave on this Shola Jo Bhadke song.

Regards,

Venkat

I promise to do that Venkat ji. smile.gif And I am honoured that you feel I could be of any help that way.

Thank you.

Regards

SAJDAH

IPB Image
+Quote Post
SAJDAH
post Nov 22 2006, 08:03 PM
Post #255

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(SAJDAH @ Nov 21 2006, 10:14 PM) *

"Tere Hum O Sanam"

Movie - Bachpan

Music - Sardar Malik wub.gif

Distinctly Old World-ish ( In the best possible way ! ) - both the feelings and the melody - that's why i love it. wub.gif Sends you into a reverie every time you hear it.

I forgot to add that the lines of this song oddly enough reminds me of a lovely sad duet in the voice of Kishore da and Lata Mangeshkar from the movie Fareb composed by Anil Biswas and which is a great favourite of mine.

The song - “Aa Muhobbat Ki Basti Basayenge Hum / Dekh Dharti Se Aakash Hai Kitni Door”.

Wonder why bridging this Dharti / Akash, Sooraj / Zarra thing was so much of an obsession with the poets of yore. It certainly wouldn’t work in today’s times, not with the way we define our values / principles – that is if we have any to be proud of.

A guilty confession to make – I love nearly all of Anil da’s compositions.
The ones he composed for his wife Meena Kapoor ( particularly the ghazals ) as well as the ones sung by Talat sahab and Lata are some of my staple favourites – I can’t imagine not listening to them even once a day. That should say how much this composer’s music appeals to me.

Which makes me all the more sadder to think that he wasn’t overly fond of Rafi sahab’s style of singing or his voice.

But then the loss if any, was his and his alone.

SAJDAH

IPB Image
+Quote Post

114 Pages V « < 15 16 17 18 19 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 27th May 2024 - 12:41 PM