Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Auld Lang Syne
Hamara Forums > Legends > Mohd Rafi
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34
SAJDAH
Some 'old' favourites wub.gif that just might be yours too !

Here's the first one -

''Sajan Ki Ot Leke''

Movie - Zevraat
Music - Hans Raj Behal

Click to view attachment
SAJDAH
''Jab Baithe Baithe Dil''

Movie - Dak Bangla
Music - Naresh Bhattacharya

Click to view attachment
SAJDAH
''Devta Tum Ho Mera Sahara''

Movie - Daera
Music - Jamal Sen

Click to view attachment
SAJDAH
''Jhan Jhan Baje Payaliya''

Movie - Rani Roopmati
Music - S.N.Thripathi

Click to view attachment
SAJDAH
''O Babu Gali Mein''

Movie - Sajan
Music - C. Ramchandra

Click to view attachment
SAJDAH
''Akash Pe Rehne Wale''

Movie - Zevrat
Music - Hans Raj Behl

Click to view attachment
venkat
Sajdah,

Very nice song-this Sajan Ki Ote Leke. Could recognise it only after downloading and hearing. It used to be a regular on Vividhbharati and Radio Ceylon.

Venkat
qhabibi
Thanks Sajdah Jee For These Gems

QHabibi
myawan
Thanks Sajdah smile1.gif
SAJDAH
QUOTE(venkat @ Sep 20 2006, 04:06 PM) *

Sajdah,

Very nice song-this Sajan Ki Ote Leke. Could recognise it only after downloading and hearing. It used to be a regular on Vividhbharati and Radio Ceylon.

Venkat

Venkat ji, is this song still heard on Vividh Bharati, even now ? Would you know ?
SAJDAH
Qasim sahab, and Yusuf sahab - your encouragement means a lot to me. I am glad these songs are your favourites' too. I am only sorry that they are low bitrate - that is the 'fault' of the source.

SAJDAH
SAJDAH
''Aye Dil-e-Nakaam''

Movie - Hamara Sansaar
Music - Pandit Gobind Ram

Click to view attachment
SAJDAH
''Hai Kaam Muhobbat Ka''

Movie - Jal Tarang
Music - Husnlal Bhagatram

Click to view attachment
SAJDAH
''Das Na Jayein Tujhko Zulfein''

Movie - Mallika ( NOT Sherawat ! ph34r.gif )
Music - AR Qureshi

Click to view attachment
SAJDAH
''Hamein Duniya Ko''

Movie - Aadhi Raat

Click to view attachment
sksiddiqui
Thanks a lot Sajdah Ji, these are really rare.
Binod
QUOTE(SAJDAH @ Sep 20 2006, 10:04 PM) *

....... Your encouragement means a lot to me. I am glad these songs are your favourites' too. I am only sorry that they are low bitrate - that is the 'fault' of the source.

SAJDAH

Sajdah:

You've done a fantastic job putting together such old songs. I see a lot of 40s which provide a glimpse of a young struggling Rafi. Despite the fact that they are low bitrate, they at least tell us what songs were out there and how they sounded in addition to providing guidelines for what to look for in the high birate projects underatken by so many of us. In those days often the recording technology was not up to the mark and even high birates do not sound so professional. So the low birate is not a real big issue. Availability is the main concern. I hope others join you and contribute to the thread by providing u/l's especially from the period spanning the 40s to the early 50s. Keep up the good work Sajdah.

Binod.
venkat
QUOTE(SAJDAH @ Sep 21 2006, 07:27 AM) *

Sajdah,

Venkat

Venkat ji, is this song still heard on Vividh Bharati, even now ? Would you know ?

Actually this particular song was not heard by me on Vividhbharati for many years now. But, Vividhbharati does keep airing very old and real Bhoole Bisre songs. They have a team of excellent, tasteful and highly knowledgeable team of announcers, Kamal Sharma, Nimmi Mishra, Mamata Singh, Younis Khan, Renu Bansal etc.

Venkat
haneef
QUOTE(venkat @ Sep 21 2006, 06:34 PM) *

Sajdah,

Venkat

Actually this particular song was not heard by me on Vividhbharati for many years now. But, Vividhbharati does keep airing very old and real Bhoole Bisre songs. They have a team of excellent, tasteful and highly knowledgeable team of announcers, Kamal Sharma, Nimmi Mishra, Mamata Singh, Younis Khan, Renu Bansal etc.

Venkat

Venkat Ji,
Does Ahmed Wasi Sahab still announce songs on Hyd Radio...I can't recall the name of another female with a sweet voice who would accompany him...?
I wonder if this Ahmed Wasi was the same lyricist who wrote the song of Heera Moti
Hont Hai Tere Do Laal Heere...sung by Mohd. Rafi Sahab
I Miss so much of my Bachpan Ke Din there.
Haneef
SAJDAH
Venkat sahab, Haneef sahab beat me to the question(s) that i was going to ask anyway. Would you know if Ahmed Wasi still broadcasts on VB or has he retired ?

Haneef sahab, Ahmed Wasi is indeed the same poet who wrote the lyrics of the Heera Moti songs composed by OP Nayyar. Also that lovely duet ( Usha M and Suresh Wadekar ) 'Shaam Rangeen Hui Hai'' for that movie Kanoon Aur Mujrim - music by C. Arjun.

Incidentally the credit for this song is mistakenly given to Kaifi Azmi on EarthMusic. Poor Ahmed Wasi sahab ! sad.gif

It's news to me that he was an announcer on Hyderabad VB. The female announcer with the sweet voice who used to accompany him - that wouldn't be a Shahnaz Akhtri, would it ? smile.gif
SAJDAH

Sajdah,

Venkat

Venkat

Kamal Sharma is a real charmer, isn't he ? I think he was born to broadcast, so very talented he is ! And he has such a deep 'growly' sort of voice - at the same time very friendly and gentle too. Very unusual combination.
It's been ages since i've heard them all - i miss them all very very much. sad.gif
SAJDAH
QUOTE(Binod @ Sep 21 2006, 05:55 PM) *

QUOTE(SAJDAH @ Sep 20 2006, 10:04 PM) *

....... Your encouragement means a lot to me. I am glad these songs are your favourites' too. I am only sorry that they are low bitrate - that is the 'fault' of the source.

SAJDAH

Sajdah:

You've done a fantastic job putting together such old songs. I see a lot of 40s which provide a glimpse of a young struggling Rafi. Despite the fact that they are low bitrate, they at least tell us what songs were out there and how they sounded in addition to providing guidelines for what to look for in the high birate projects underatken by so many of us. In those days often the recording technology was not up to the mark and even high birates do not sound so professional. So the low birate is not a real big issue. Availability is the main concern. I hope others join you and contribute to the thread by providing u/l's especially from the period spanning the 40s to the early 50s. Keep up the good work Sajdah.

Binod.

Binod ji, you have no idea what that means to me, to know that you approve.smile.gif Because it takes a real good jeweller to appraise the value of the gems - and you being a seasoned collector of songs of this period ( the 40's and the early 50's ) is just that person.

The songs of this period are a real treasure to music lovers' for their rarity like you said - that's one of the reasons i am most interested in them too.

Regards

SAJDAH
SAJDAH
QUOTE(sksiddiqui @ Sep 21 2006, 01:21 PM) *

Thanks a lot Sajdah Ji, these are really rare.

Siddiqui sahab, i am glad that i could be of any help. smile.gif
SAJDAH
''Haye Re Duniya''

Movie - Zeenat

Music - Hafeez Khan

Click to view attachment
SAJDAH
''Rona Hai To Ro''

Movie - Duniya

Music - C Ramchandra

Click to view attachment
SAJDAH
''Keh Ke Bhi Na Aaye Tum'

Movie -Safar

Music - C. Ramchandra

Click to view attachment
SAJDAH
''Ab Voh Hamare Ho Gaye''

Movie - Safar

Music - C.Ramchandra

Click to view attachment
SAJDAH
''Zindagi Ke Safar Mein''

Movie - Nartaki

Penned by - Shakeel Badauni

Music - Ravi

This song doesn't belong to the 40's or the 50's, but i included it only because i wub.gif it so much !

Click to view attachment
SAJDAH
''Aaj Udta Hua Ek Pancchi''

Movie - Gehra Daag

Penned by - Shakeel Badauni

Music - Ravi

A real 'mood-lifting' song ! wub.gif

Click to view attachment
SAJDAH
God Willing, i'll be back with more...
akbaralibhai
Thank you very much Sajdah for the wonderful Mohd. Rafi rare uploads.
alybaba
Thanks a lot, Sajdah for the rare uploads!!
venkat
Sajdah ji, Zindagi Ke Safar Mein is a beautiful song. There are two more similar-sounding songs in Aaj Aur Kal, whose MD is also Ravi.

Venkat
SAJDAH
''Thukrake Hamein Chal Diye''

Movie - Balam

Click to view attachment
SAJDAH
''Aa Gayi Hai Ishq Pe Bahaar'' wub.gif

Movie - Saqi

Music - C.Ramchandra

Click to view attachment
SAJDAH
''Toote Huye Dil Ko Ulfat Ka''

Movie - Hamari Manzil

Click to view attachment
SAJDAH
''Tadpake Mujhe Ab''

Movie - Namoona

Music - C.Ramchandra

Click to view attachment
SAJDAH
''Mera Mijaaz Ladakpan Se'' rolleyes.gif

Movie - Saqi

Music - C Ramchandra

Click to view attachment
SAJDAH
''Mera Dil Mujhe Wapas''

Movie - Amber

Music - Ghulam Muhommad

Click to view attachment
SAJDAH
''Shama Jali Parwana Aaya''

Movie - Ambar

Music - Ghulam Muhommad

Click to view attachment
SAJDAH
''O Daata O Daata'' tongue1.gif

Movie - Aji Bas Shukriya

Music - Roshan

Click to view attachment

SAJDAH
QUOTE(venkat @ Sep 22 2006, 04:43 PM) *

Sajdah ji, Zindagi Ke Safar Mein is a beautiful song. There are two more similar-sounding songs in Aaj Aur Kal, whose MD is also Ravi.

Venkat

Here's one of them - my favourite ! wub.gif

Movie - Aaj Aur Kal

Penned by - Sahir

Music - Ravi

Click to view attachment
venkat
QUOTE(haneef @ Sep 21 2006, 11:58 PM) *

Sajdah,

Venkat

Venkat

Venkat Ji,
Does Ahmed Wasi Sahab still announce songs on Hyd Radio...I can't recall the name of another female with a sweet voice who would accompany him...?
I wonder if this Ahmed Wasi was the same lyricist who wrote the song of Heera Moti
Hont Hai Tere Do Laal Heere...sung by Mohd. Rafi Sahab
I Miss so much of my Bachpan Ke Din there.
Haneef

Haneef Saab,

Sorry for the delay in responding. Firstly, I think Hyderabad Station always only relayed the Vividhbharati programs, produced and broadcast by AIR, Mumbai.

Also, to the best of my knowledge, Ahmed Wasi was closely associated with Vividhbharati and played a role in producing some special programs such as interviews with some special persons such as Naushad, Jaikishen, Ravi, etc. Unless he was even a regular announcer in very olden days!

The pity is that there are so many valuable, old-time interviews in Vividhbharati archives which they keep airing every now and then; but, alas, there is hardly any spoken word with them of Rafi Saab!

Venkat

kesuma
Dear Sajdah jii ... Thank you so much for your kind uploads.. appreciated it.. smile.gif
SAJDAH
Glad you liked them ! wub.gif
billu

Great uploads SAJDAH,

Keep it up

sri
Thank you, Sajdah....for all these uploads !!

I have a better version of Zindagi ke safar mein (Nartakee)...from Unni.@128 kbps...in case you want.

smile.gif
Sri
shuklas
Great uploads SAJDAH,

How come all of them are in 16kbps..........wish we had in better quality. Thanks for your efforts.

Shuklas
SAJDAH
QUOTE(shuklas @ Sep 24 2006, 01:23 AM) *

Great uploads SAJDAH,
How come all of them are in 16kbps..........wish we had in better quality. Thanks for your efforts.

Shuklas

Thank you Shuklas sahab. smile.gif Indeed the songs aren't high bitrate - i wish they were, but i am still grateful for having them. Actually they all came from the same source - they were gifted to me.

SAJDAH
SAJDAH
QUOTE(sri @ Sep 24 2006, 12:20 AM) *

Thank you, Sajdah....for all these uploads !!

I have a better version of Zindagi ke safar mein (Nartakee)...from Unni.@128 kbps...in case you want.

smile.gif
Sri

Sri sahab - i would like that very much ! smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.