Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Poll For New Captain
Hamara Forums > General > Sports
anurag
Another test, another inning, and another failure from SG as a batsman.

I think it's high time, Gangs is removed from Captaincy for not performing as a batsman. He has been a non-performer for way too long.

Let the brides-maid (you know who I am talking about) take over the reins and usher India into a new era.

Can Gangs earn his place in the team as a batsman? May be (I'd love to see him back playing his blistering knocks with Sehwag in the opening!). More likely not -- especially with the young turks like Kaif and Yuvraj in the offing.
spbobby
i think remove laxman.....till how much he will play with his past achievments
catch22
Saurav Ganguly has served India well both as a batsman & as Captain. Now, it is time he gives way to Rahul Dravid who is a cool customer, he is the best man for the job. He brings solidity to the batting. Those who wait & see should also serve.
pranavjh
Yes, it's time for a change. Players like Kaif and Yuvi are waiting in the wings and Mr. Gangs is taking up a spot just because he is a captain. Pakistan bowlers will do India a big favour by getting Gangs early. If he scores a scratchy 50 odd again, he will have a reason to stay on.

This applies to both tests and one-dayers.

Pranav
desai2rn

He is a very good captain and still a threat as a batsman.
Would captancy be burden for Dravid and effect his batting form??
Didn't Tendulkar have problem with batting while he was captain.
I would say If they start losing and he still out of form then yes.

Ramesh.
Anil4
Dravid has acted as a captain and has done a good job in the past ( apart from declaring when Tendulkar was on 194 in Pakistan last year). Obvously he commands respect and would do a good job.

Anil
unni
Ganguly as captain has been good for the team. But maybe they should have him as non-playing captain (as in Davis Cup tennis). smile1.gif

Either we can go with 6 batsmen, 4 bowlers and a wicket-keeper.

Or, 5 batsmen, 4 bowlers, a wicket-keeper and a captain! tongue.gif
Akhtar
I think Dravid should become skipper.

hassan261
I THINK, GANGULY MUST BE KEPT AS A CAPTAIN FOR 2 - 3SERIES,

AS IT IS POSSIBLE THAT HE WAS UNDER PRESSURE AGAINST PAKISTAN, BUT HE CAN DO BETTER AS AGAINST OTHERS......................
qhabibi
I m fully Agree with you Hasan Bhai Ganguly is a right choice for Indian Cricket Team.

QHabibi
Akhtar
QUOTE(hassan261 @ May 8 2005, 01:40 PM)
I THINK, GANGULY MUST BE KEPT AS A CAPTAIN FOR 2 - 3SERIES,

AS IT IS POSSIBLE THAT HE WAS UNDER PRESSURE AGAINST PAKISTAN, BUT HE CAN DO BETTER AS AGAINST OTHERS......................

He was clearly under pressure, and he should not be in the team if he cannot perform against world class outfits.

He should not keep his place through scoring runs against weaker oppositions.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.