Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hindi Songs In A Bengali Film
Hamara Forums > Legends > Lata Mangeshkar
Sameer Majli
Happy Diwali to all the wonderful people at Hamara Forums
Apparently Lata sang two hindi songs in a Bengali Film for MD Hemant Kumar.
Any clues?
If anyone has them, please do share
sita
Sameer, there were indeed two hindi songs by Lataji in a bengali film named Sesh Parichay, music was by Hemanta Mukhopadhyay(Hemant Kumar). The songs are- Chal Aesi Jagah & Jhum Jhum Kar Gaa Le. Lyrics of both the songs were by Raviji. The film was made in 50s and Raviji was assistant to Hemant Kumatji that time.
Apart from these, there were more hindi songs by Lataji in bengali films. One such song which is coming in my mind is 'Ghir Aayi Badra' from the bengali film Alor Pipasa (M.D-Hemant Kumar). Lyrics of this song was by Kaifi Azmi.
Although I have all these songs but in spool tape and difficult to find out. Moreover to upload, those are required to be digitised. However if I find them, I will surely try to upload.
With best wishes- Sita.
Debopriyo
QUOTE(sita @ Dec 10 2010, 09:30 PM) *

Sameer, there were indeed two hindi songs by Lataji in a bengali film named Sesh Parichay, music was by Hemanta Mukhopadhyay(Hemant Kumar). The songs are- Chal Aesi Jagah & Jhum Jhum Kar Gaa Le. Lyrics of both the songs were by Raviji. The film was made in 50s and Raviji was assistant to Hemant Kumatji that time.
Apart from these, there were more hindi songs by Lataji in bengali films. One such song which is coming in my mind is 'Ghir Aayi Badra' from the bengali film Alor Pipasa (M.D-Hemant Kumar). Lyrics of this song was by Kaifi Azmi.
Although I have all these songs but in spool tape and difficult to find out. Moreover to upload, those are required to be digitised. However if I find them, I will surely try to upload.
With best wishes- Sita.

a cd was there i will check & will upload boss...requesting sitaji --can you upload this for me once ...!
"Haimanti Shukla on naushad album " ...
sita
...requesting sitaji --can you upload this for me once ...!
"Haimanti Shukla on naushad album " ... [/quote]

Sure Debopriyo, just give me some time. -Sita.
Sameer Majli
Thanks Sita and dunno whether I should add 'ji'.It would be wonderful if you could grant me the pleasure of listening to the songs that u mentioned. Awaiting the same
Sameer Majli
Debopriyo..thanks for the info and my ears eagerly await the said melodies of the nightingale
sani_thakur
Uploading two songs from Bengali film "Alor Pipasa" (1965), music: Hemant Kumar Mukherjee, lyrics: Kaifi Azmi.

Warning: Low Bit-Rate, only 18 kbps -- I should have better quality, will upload once I find them - probably in another drive; however, the sound quality is very decent and the songs are extremely melodious and enjoyable semi-classical songs -- will do for the time being, I hope.

LataM - Na Bajaiyya Ho Shaam Bairi Bansuri - 4:06 min @ 18 kbps

Click to view attachment

LataM - Ghir Aayi Badariya Piya Naahi Aaye - 3:54 min @ 18 kbps

Click to view attachment

QUOTE(Sameer Majli @ Nov 4 2010, 10:41 PM) *

Happy Diwali to all the wonderful people at Hamara Forums
Apparently Lata sang two hindi songs in a Bengali Film for MD Hemant Kumar.
Any clues?
If anyone has them, please do share
Bhavita
Thanks, Sani
Sameer Majli
Thanks Sani....thanks a ton
Sameer Majli
QUOTE(Sameer Majli @ Apr 5 2011, 12:21 AM) *

Thanks Sani....thanks a ton

Gee I forgot.....I will wait for as you said, the better quality uploads
Sameer Majli
Sesh parichay seems to continue to elude me...looking around for it in ernest
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.