Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Yeh Gul(zar)istan Hamara
Hamara Forums > Music > Sangeet Ke Sitarey
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
swarapriya
Sitara (1980)

This album is a real beauty from the combination of RD and Gulzar Saab. They weave their magic so beautifully with able assist from their singers Asha, Lata & Bhupinder that the spell is hard to come out of. These songs are all from an original soundtrack album. I am including a second version of the song "Thodi Si" which has a dialogue at the end of the song. Also, I am including an audio clip of "Yeh Saaye Hain" with an introduction by Asha. This is taken from the album "Legends: R.D. Burman - The Versatile Composer (CD 4)".

Here is a sprinkle of endless enchantment for your listening pleasure...
swarapriya
Swayamvar (1980)

This movie was based on the hit Telugu film "Gundamma Katha (1962)". In spite of some good songs in the Hindi version, like its Tamil counterpart, the film didn't go that well with the audience. I am uploading Hindi film songs below with songs from the Telugu version to immediately follow.

Here are the songs...
swarapriya
Gundamma Katha (1962) - A Telugu Film

Hindi film "Swayamvar (1980)" was based on this hit Telugu film. The film, now considered a classic, boasts an all-star cast and some great performances from its principals. Savithri never looked so radiantly beautiful as a simple suffering woman and Rama Rao in the lead was great. Suryakantham, a veteran Telugu actress, in the title role was just brilliant.

The film has several songs with some fine lyrics penned by Pingali. All songs were and still are immensely popular. My favorite is the song "Sannaga Veeche" by Susheela. The lyrics and and the melodious voice of Susheela make this an unforgettable listening experience.

To learn more about the incomparable Savithri, please visit the web site "www.savithri.info".

Here are the songs...
swarapriya
Gehrayee (1980)

Here is a little known "horror" film with a 12-year old Padmini Kolhapure having a major role. The DVD had only one song in it that I am uploading below plus a couple of musical instrumentals...
swarapriya
Kashish (1980)

I don't have any songs from this album. Please kindly share if you have any. Thank you very much.

swarapriya
Sahira (1980)

I don't have any songs from this album. Please share if you have any. Thank you very much.
Viraj Padhye
QUOTE(swarapriya @ Jan 26 2011, 05:00 AM) *

Kashish (1980)

I don't have any songs from this album. Please kindly share if you have any. Thank you very much.

Hi SP,

Here are couple of songs. These may have originated from HF members. All 128kbps. Last song missing. Request others to upload.

Viraj
swarapriya
QUOTE(Viraj Padhye @ Jan 25 2011, 09:08 PM) *

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Jan 26 2011, 05:00 AM) *

Kashish (1980)

Hi SP,

Here are couple of songs. These may have originated from HF members. All 128kbps. Last song missing. Request others to upload.

Viraj

Thank you very much for the songs Viraj. Cheers. -S
swarapriya
Thodisi Bewafaii (1980)

Here is a beautiful album from the combined work of Gulzarji and Khayyam Saab...
debjyoti
QUOTE(swarapriya @ Jan 31 2011, 01:15 PM) *

Thodisi Bewafaii (1980)

Here is a beautiful album from the combined work of Gulzarji and Khayyam Saab...

The 2 ghazals sung by Kishoreji and Lataji in this film are just out of the world.
swarapriya
Baseraa (1981)

Here is one of the finer efforts from the combination of RD & Gulzarji...
abhijoy
nice upload swarapriya........
swarapriya
QUOTE(abhijoy @ Feb 10 2011, 02:10 AM) *

nice upload swarapriya........

You're very welcome, Gargi. Cheers. -S
swarapriya
Naram Garam (1981)

Here are the songs from this album, all thanks to the courtesy of the Forum members...
swarapriya
Angoor (1982)

Gulzar wrote the story, dialogues and lyrics of this film about a situational comedy of two identical twins. He also directed the movie. This film was based on Shakespeare's play, "A Comedy of Errors" that was made into movie in English several times. Bimalda made this play into a movie in 1968 called "Do Dooni Chaar". It starred Kishore Kumar and Asit Sen. Gulzar wrote all the songs fro that movie as well. The movie flopped.

14 years later, Gulzar decided to take the same story and made "Angoor". This time Sanjeev Kumar reprised the role of Kishore and Deven Verma that of Asit Sen. Gulzar's version was a modest hit.

Interestingly, David Dhawan directed a movie called "Bade Miya and Chhote Miya" that was loosely based on the same play with Amitabh and Govinda in 1998. Amitabh was struggling in his career and looking to see he can land in some roles that can re-establish him as a force in the industry. This movie was also a modest success but it didn't do much for Amitabh's career as Govinda stole the show.

Here are the songs from this album...
swarapriya
Masoom (1983)

This great film was made by the debutant director Shekhar Kapur. Kapur went on to make several movies that were controversial. Some of these include “Bandit Queen (1994)” based upon the life of Phoolan Devi and “Elizabeth (1998)”. Asha Parekh, who was the Censor Board Chief in 1998, declined to give censor clearance to “Elizabeth” unless some of the scenes were deleted. Kapur refused and Parekh never relented.

“Masoom” was loosely based on Erich Segal’s (who was famous for his book “Love Story”, also movie of the same name) book “Man, Woman and Child”. Interestingly this book was also made into movie the very same year 1983 as “Masoom”.

An emotionally satisfying movie, “Masoom” was a critical and financial success when it was released. It was nominated for several Filmfare Awards and won the Best Actor Award for Naseeruddin Shah, the Best Music Director Award for R.D. Burman, the Best Lyricist Award for Gulzar (for the song “Tujh Se Naaraaz Nahin”), and the Best Female Playback Singer for Aarti Mukhrjee (for the song “Do Naina Aur Ek Kahaani”).

Urmila Matondkar who played the daughter of Shabana Azmi is one of the child artistes in the film. She grew up to become a full fledged actress herself. Interestingly, Urmila (this time an adult) played as the daughter of Shabana in “Tehzeeb”, a 2003 movie.

Here are the songs from this fine film from an original soundtrack album…
swarapriya
Namkeen (1982)

Songs from this album were recently uploaded in the "Muse & Music" thread in the "Sangeet ke Sitarey" directory and are available starting at the following location...

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...140&st=1726

swarapriya
Situm (1982)

swarapriya
Sadma (1983)

Here is an album from the melody maker par excellence from South, the music maestro, Ilaiyaraja. By some estimates he composed music for over 900 films!
ketaki shukla
Thanks a lot Swarapriya for this wonderful album.

Ketaki
swarapriya
QUOTE(ketaki shukla @ Mar 27 2011, 08:50 PM) *

Thanks a lot Swarapriya for this wonderful album.

Ketaki

You're very welcome Ketaki. Cheers. -S
swarapriya
Hip Hip Hurray (1984)

Here are the songs from this album, all thanks to the courtesy of the Forum members...
HarshBhatt
Thanks for posting Hip Hip Hurray
swarapriya
QUOTE(HarshBhatt @ Apr 3 2011, 08:16 PM) *

Thanks for posting Hip Hip Hurray

It is a pleasure Harshji. Cheers. -S
swarapriya
Musafir (1984)

Here are the songs from this album, with an excellent song by Kishoreda, "Bahut Raat Hui"...
Aditya Pant
QUOTE(swarapriya @ Apr 11 2011, 03:12 AM) *

Musafir (1984)

Here are the songs from this album, with an excellent song by Kishorda, "Bahut Raat Hui"...

The Lata song listed above is from Savera (1972)

Aditya
swarapriya
QUOTE(Aditya Pant @ Apr 10 2011, 08:03 PM) *

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Apr 11 2011, 03:12 AM) *

Musafir (1984)

Here are the songs from this album, with an excellent song by Kishorda, "Bahut Raat Hui"...

The Lata song listed above is from Savera (1972)

Aditya

Thanks Aditya. I made the suggested changes per your recommendation. Cheers. -S
swarapriya
Ghulami (1985)

swarapriya
Ek Pal (1986)

Here is a beautiful album from Bhupen Hazarika with lyrics by Gulzar Saab as well as Kaifi Azmi Saab...
yogihit
QUOTE(swarapriya @ Dec 7 2010, 04:52 AM) *

Ratnadeep (1979)

Songs from this album follow...

Hello SP
Request to reupload album.

Thanks
swarapriya
Ratnadeep (1979)

I am re-uploading these songs on request...
swarapriya
Jeeva (1986)

I am uploading songs from this album in two back-to-back posts. In the first post I am uploading all of the songs. The second post contains several music clips.

Here are the songs in the first post...
swarapriya
Concluding Songs from "Jeeva (1986)"...

This post contains music clips from the movie...
swarapriya
New Delhi Times (1986)

I don't have a single song from this film. I am requesting our members to share any songs from this film they may have. Thank you very much...
Sangeet
QUOTE(swarapriya @ May 15 2011, 03:29 AM) *

New Delhi Times (1986)

I don't have a single song from this film. I am requesting our members to share any songs from this film they may have. Thank you very much...

The film is songless (as least in the one i saw). Did Gulzar write the dialouges in it?
swarapriya
QUOTE(Sangeet @ May 14 2011, 03:06 PM) *

QUOTE(swarapriya @ May 15 2011, 03:29 AM) *

New Delhi Times (1986)

The film is songless (as least in the one i saw). Did Gulzar write the dialouges in it?

Thank you very much for the information, Sangeetji. Gulzarji wrote its story. I thought there may be songs in it too.

Cheers,
S
swarapriya
Dil Padosi Hai (1987) - Side One

This private album consisting of 14 songs, all written by Gulzarji, and all sung by Asha. It was released on September 8, 1987, Asha's birthday. Since its release, on many occasions Asha proclaimed that this album remains as one of her very personal and a favorite one. There are ample reasons sprinkled through out these 14 songs why Asha thinks so highly of it.

These 14 original songs were released on two LPs and two CDs. The songs I am uploading are broken down based on the LP sides; Side One, Side Two, Side Three, and Side Four. But these are from CDs. I will upload each of these sides in their own separate post.

Here are the songs in Side One...
swarapriya
Dil Padosi Hai (1987) - Side Two

Here are the songs from this side...
swarapriya
Dil Padosi Hai (1987) - Side Three

Here are the songs from this side...
swarapriya
Dil Padosi Hai (1987) - Side Four (Concluding Post)

Here are the last three songs from this beautiful album...
swarapriya
Ijaazat (1987)

This movie was based on a Subodh Ghosh’s Bengali novel, “Jatugriha”. In 1964, it was made into a movie of the same name in Bengali by the renowned Tapan Sinha that starred Arundhati Devi and Uttam Kumar. For the Hindi version, Gulzar wrote the screenplay, dialogues, lyrics, and also directed.

“Ijaazat” had only four songs, all sung by Asha Bhosle. But all four are just absolute gems. The great R.D. Burman, who was associated with Gulzar in so many movies and some popular private albums, composed beautiful tunes. The song “Mere Kuchh Saamaan” fetched Gulzar the National Film Award for best lyrics. He also got the similar award from Filmfare. Asha’s same song also won her the Best Female Playback Singer National Film Award.

I am not sure how the Bengali version was, but this (the Hindi version) one is a magnificent movie. It is a complex story that is interwoven between the three principal characters played by Rekha, Anuradha Patel, and Naseeruddin Shah. All three excelled in their roles. Shashi Kapoor had an incidental role.

The movie explores the love triangle and the intricacies it brings into the lives of the three affected people. Anuradha Patel brings in a refreshingly beautiful display of acting skills by playing the role of a free spirited person who cannot be committed to any lasting relationship. Someone described that her role was like that of a morning breeze that is evasive but always lingering behind you. I haven’t seen any of Patel’s other work in films barring this one. Apparently she appeared in 25 or so movies and on TV. She is the maternal granddaughter of Ashok Kumar.

I am uploading these songs in two back-to-back posts. The first post contains all the songs from the film. The second post contains some specials. Here are the songs from this movie, in this first post…
swarapriya
Concluding Songs from "Ijaazat (1987)"...

I am uploading a couple of specials in this post. The song "Katra Katra" had RD's humming preceding it. This is taken from the album "Legends: Asha Bhosle - The Enchantress (CD 5)". The other song, "Mera Kuchh" has a fine commentary by Gulzarji. This is taken from the album "Fursat Ke Raat Din".

Here are these two specials...
ketaki shukla
Hi swarapriya,

Wow !!!!

A very nice movie with a lovely songs & music.

I just watched it yesterday.Full story in one night in waiting room on Railway station in a rainy night.

Wonderful story.

Thanks for sharing

Ketaki
swarapriya
QUOTE(ketaki shukla @ May 30 2011, 01:53 PM) *

Hi swarapriya,

Wow !!!!

A very nice movie with a lovely songs & music.

I just watched it yesterday.Full story in one night in waiting room on Railway station in a rainy night.

Wonderful story.

Thanks for sharing

Ketaki

Ketaki, it is indeed a great viewing experience. Cheers. -S
swarapriya
Jallian Wala Bagh (1987)

Here are the songs from this album, all with many thanks to the members of this Forum who were original contributors of these songs...
swarapriya
Zevar (1987)

This movie was based on a story by Sharat Chandra Chatterjee. It was less than 90 minutes long and had no songs in it. Salil Chowddhury composed its background music. Guzlarji wrote the screenplay and dialogues for the movie. I am uploading its title music below...
swarapriya
Chatran (1988)

This movie was based on a Japanese movie made in 1986 called "Koneko Monogatari". It tells a story about the plight of two unlikely friends, a cat and dog, who get separated. It was remade in English as "The Adventures of Milo & Otis" in 1989.

All songs I am uploading here are by the courtesy of the Forum members. Thank you very much. Also, all songs were sung by Asha Bhosle. Here are these...
swarapriya
Libaas (1988)

Gulzar wrote the lyrics and directed this film. However, it couldn’t get clearance by the Censor Board for public exhibition. This was not the first time Gulzarji had problems like this. His "Aandhi (1975)" ran into the same problems with the Censor Board but it was eventually cleared for exhibition. However, it was different this time. The Board members felt the subjects "Libaas" dealt with, adultery and extramarital relations were too bold for its time and declined to give the clearance. It was shown abroad at various film festivals but the Indian Censor Board stuck to its guns and never yielded. I am not certain whether this film was ever released in India.

It has beautiful music to great lyrics written by Gulzarji. Even though movie was made in 1988, because of the Censor Board problems it ran into, the songs of the film were not released until 1994, after R.D.’s death.

I am uploading these songs from an original soundtrack album. Here are these beauties…
swarapriya
Mirza Ghalib (TV Serial) - CD1 (1988)

This TV serial starring Naseeruddin Shah as Mirza Ghalib was written an directed by Gulzarj. Its music was composed by the ghazal singer Jagjit Singh. He and his wife along with Bhupinder Singh and Vinod Sehgal sang all the songs from the serial. These songs (ghazals) were released as a 2-CD set with all of the lyrics taken from Ghalib's work. I will upload the songs from the first CD today and the second CD next time. There are 13 ghazals in the first CD. I will upload them in two back-to-back posts.

Here are the first six ghazals...
swarapriya
Concluding Songs from "Mirza Ghalib (TV Serial) - CD1 (1988)"...

Here are the rest of the ghazals from this album...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.