Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Yeh Gul(zar)istan Hamara
Hamara Forums > Music > Sangeet Ke Sitarey
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
swarapriya
Aandhi (1975)

The release of this movie created a huge storm in 1975. Apparently it was banned for some time as the Censor Board felt that the main character played brilliantly by Suchitra Sen had an uncanny resemblance to the then Prime Minister, Indira Gandhi. But better senses prevailed and the movie subsequently was released. The movie did deal with a woman who will do anything to gain politically. But what is different here anyway, almost every story of a politician probably will sound the same.

One thing is great about this movie. Its music. RD turns in some beautiful songs with all three duets by Lata and Kishoreda echoing with resounding sweetness all over. I am including all of the songs from this film from an original soundtrack album. I am also including a special version of the song "Tere Bina" which has an interesting introduction by great Madan Mohan Saab. This one is taken from the album, "Legends: R.D. Burman - The Versatile Composer (CD 3)".

Now for the details of the songs and the songs themselves ...
rdgadhvi

Is Mod Se Jaate Hai - Slow version - Lata Mangeshkar, which comes at the end of the movie.

Click to view attachment
yogihit
cool thanks a lot smile1.gif
Sangeet
There is a new Children's Film released with Gulzar's Lyrics - "Dumkata"
swarapriya
QUOTE(rdgadhvi @ Jul 30 2010, 07:46 AM) *

Is Mod Se Jaate Hai - Slow version - Lata Mangeshkar, which comes at the end of the movie.

Thank you very much for the song Ritesh. Cheers.

swarapriya
QUOTE(Sangeet @ Aug 1 2010, 04:19 PM) *

There is a new Children's Film released with Gulzar's Lyrics - "Dumkata"

Thank you very much fro sharing this information, Sangeet. Cheers.
swarapriya
Chupke Chupke (1975)

This movie came from the house of Hrishida. Many people felt that it probably is one of the best comedies ever made in Hindi. Even though it has its moments, to me the film was a disappointment. I felt the humor was very artificial and forced. I also felt that with all the all star cast, it was going to be one heck of a movie. Alas. It was not to be. Apart from Om Prakash, rest of the actors didn't have much to offer.

One thing that stood out in this movie was its music. Ever so dependable Burmanda did it again here. Of the four songs, three are really beautiful. All three have Lata in common, with two solos and a duet. Burmanda just knew how to get the best out of Lata as she came through in glistening shine where her both solos that are absolutely marvelous melodies.

Gulzarji wrote the dialogues and also co-wrote the screeplay for the movie. Here are the songs ...
swarapriya
Faraar (1975)

The anchor piece of this album is the song "Main Pyaasa Tum Saawan" with its various versions. Here is the song in all its versions as well as other songs from an original soundtrack album ...
ketaki shukla
Title music of Aandhi.

Ketaki
swarapriya
QUOTE(ketaki shukla @ Aug 11 2010, 09:15 PM) *

Title music of Aandhi.

Ketaki

Thank you very much Ketaki. Cheers.

swarapriya
Khushboo (1975)

Here is an album with so many beautiful songs, they just smell like a freshly blossomed rose flower. I am uploading songs from this album in two back-to-back posts. The first post contains all of the songs from an original soundtrack album. The second post contains some specials.

Here is a description of the songs in the first post and the songs themselves ...
swarapriya
Concluding Songs from "Khushboo (1975)" ...

Here is some more beautiful smelling fragrance. In this post I am including a couple of extended version songs and a version song by Abhijeet. Also a slower paced version of "Do Nainon" is attached.

Now for the subtle smell of sweetness ...
swarapriya
Mausam (1975)

Here is another beautiful album from Gulzarji. It was a great movie with Sharmila shining again. There are several good songs in this film with both versions of "Dil Dhoondta Hai" taking the top honors. I am uploading all the songs in back-to-back two posts. In the first post I am uploading songs from an original soundtrack album. The second post has a couple of specials.

Now for the details of the songs in the first post and the songs themselves ...
swarapriya
Concluding Songs from "Mausam (1975)" ...

In this post I am including the song "Dil Dhoondta Hai" with a brief introduction by Asha Bhosle, R.D. Burman, and Gulzarji. This is taken from the album "Legends: Madan Mohan - The Instinctive Genius (CD 5)". I am also including an instrumental of "Ruke Ruke".

Here are these songs ...
swarapriya
Shaque (1976)

Songs from this film were recntly uploaded in the "Hamara Forums > Legends > Legendary Music Directors > Vasant Desai" directory. You can access these songs from the following location ...

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...59138&st=15
swarapriya
Gharonda (1977)

Here is a beautiful album from Jaidevji. There are only a few songs in this film and Runa Laila sings three of the four songs. She came from Bangla Desh, in the wake of its liberation, and had few assignments in Bombay but wasn't able to sustain her popularity.

I am also including an audio clip of the song "Ek Akela" with Gulzarji's prologue. This is taken from his album "Fursat ke Raat Din".

Now for a description of these songs from an original soundtrack album and the songs themselves ...
ketaki shukla
QUOTE(swarapriya @ Aug 26 2010, 10:30 PM) *

Mausam (1975)

Here is another beautiful album from Gulzarji. It was a great movie with Sharmila shining again. There are several good songs in this film with both versions of "Dil Dhoondta Hai" taking the top honors. I am uploading all the songs in back-to-back two posts. In the first post I am uploading songs from an original soundtrack album. The second post has a couple of specials.

Now for the details of the songs in the first post and the songs themselves ...

Thank you so much SP. for this beautiful album.

Ketaki
ketaki shukla
QUOTE(swarapriya @ Sep 8 2010, 06:15 AM) *

Gharonda (1977)

Here is a beautiful album from Jaidevji. There are only a few songs in this film and Runa Laila sings three of the four songs. She came from Bangla Desh, in the wake of its liberation, and had few assignments in Bombay but wasn't able to sustain her popularity.

I am also including an audio clip of the song "Ek Akela" with Gulzarji's prologue. This is taken from his album "Fursat ke Raat Din".

Now for a description of these songs from an original soundtrack album and the songs themselves ...

Wonderful uploads SP.All the songs are very lovely.

ketki
swarapriya
QUOTE(ketaki shukla @ Sep 8 2010, 03:01 PM) *

Mausam (1975)

Thank you so much SP. for this beautiful album.

Ketaki

Madan Mohanji was a master musician. This is just one small but an important instance of it. Cheers Ketaki. -S
swarapriya
QUOTE(ketaki shukla @ Sep 8 2010, 03:06 PM) *

Gharonda (1977)

ketki

Jaidevji was a true disciple of the great Burmanda. However, he carved himself a name by putting his own stamp on several movies for which he gave music. This is an excellent example of it.

Cheers,
S
sangeetbhakt
QUOTE(swarapriya @ Sep 8 2010, 03:37 PM) *

Gharonda (1977)

ketki

Jaidevji was a true disciple of the great Burmanda. However, he carved himself a name by putting his own stamp on several movies for which he gave music. This is an excellent example of it.

Cheers,
S

Jaidev had consistently given superior music for Hindi cinema for decades. However, he was not
as prolific a composer as a lot of others like Shankar-Jaikishen, O P Nayyar or even his guru SDB.
He was in the same ilk as composers like Khayyam.
This film had superb music. I am particularly fond of the sad version "Mujhe pyaar tumse nahi hai"
by Runa Laila. The version that I have has a couple of minutes of dialog by Amol Palekar and Zarina
Wahab which really adds to the drama of the song. And it also sets up the story of the film.
swarapriya
QUOTE(sangeetbhakt @ Sep 9 2010, 11:23 AM) *

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Sep 8 2010, 03:37 PM) *

Gharonda (1977)

ketki

Cheers,
S

Jaidev had consistently given superior music for Hindi cinema for decades. However, he was not
as prolific a composer as a lot of others like Shankar-Jaikishen, O P Nayyar or even his guru SDB.
He was in the same ilk as composers like Khayyam.
This film had superb music. I am particularly fond of the sad version "Mujhe pyaar tumse nahi hai"
by Runa Laila. The version that I have has a couple of minutes of dialog by Amol Palekar and Zarina
Wahab which really adds to the drama of the song. And it also sets up the story of the film.

SB,

The original CD song did have the dialogue. I decided to include the song portion only. And, I am with you about Jaidevji's state of affairs. It was very unfortunate. But that is the way things are in life.

Cheers,
Swarapriya
swarapriya
Kinara (1977)

Here is another one from the unbeatable combination of Gulzar Saab and RD. I am including these songs in three back-to-back posts. The first two posts contain the songs from an original soundtrack album. The third post contains some specials.

Here are the songs in the first post ...
swarapriya
Continuing Songs from "Kinara (1977)" ...

Here are the rest of the songs from this beautiful album ...
swarapriya
Concluding Songs from "Kinara (1977)" ...

I am including here three audio clips from different albums. Both "Naam Gum Jaayega" songs were full songs, but I have included only the commentary and a portion of the song. I am not sure about the source of the third clip.

Here are these audio clips ...
abhijoy
Uploading 3 songs from the movie "Diler Hasina(1960)"

1. Chatko na matko
lngth:03:11/160kbps Click to view attachment

2. Lag ja gale
lngth:03:25/160kbps Click to view attachment

3. O manchali akad ke chale
lngth:03:16/160kbps Click to view attachment
swarapriya
Kitaab (1977)

Here is a nice little album from RD with his own song, "Dhanno ki Aankhon", being the highlight. I am uploading all songs from an original soundtrack album and also a special. The special has introductions by Gulzar & RD and is taken from the album "Legends: R.D. Burman - The Versatile Composer (CD 4)".

Now for the songs ...
swarapriya
QUOTE(abhijoy @ Sep 17 2010, 02:49 AM) *

Uploading 3 songs from the movie "Diler Hasina(1960)"

1. Chatko na matko
lngth:03:11/160kbps Click to view attachment

2. Lag ja gale
lngth:03:25/160kbps Click to view attachment

3. O manchali akad ke chale
lngth:03:16/160kbps Click to view attachment

Thanks for the songs, Gargi. Cheers. -S
swarapriya
Palkon ki Chhaon Mein (1977)

Here is a fine offering from the combination of LP & Gulzar. I will upload these songs in back-to-back two posts.

Songs in the first post ...
swarapriya
Concluding Songs from "Palkon ki Chhaon Mein (1977)" ...

Here are the rest of the songs from this fine album ...
abhijoy
excellent upload.....thanks Swarapriya........
swarapriya
QUOTE(abhijoy @ Oct 7 2010, 10:10 PM) *

excellent upload.....thanks Swarapriya........

It is a joy, Abhijoy. You're very welcome. Cheers. -S
swarapriya
Devata (1978)

Here are the songs from this album ...
swarapriya
Ghar (1978)

Here is a beautiful album from the team of Gulzar and RD. In this album every song was a resounding hit. I am uploading these songs from an original soundtrack album.

Here is a description of the songs and the songs themselves ...
swarapriya
Khatta Meetha (1978)

I am uploading songs from this album in two back-to-back posts. Here are the songs in the first post ...
swarapriya
Concluding Songs from "Khatta Meetha (1978)" ...

Here are the rest of the songs from this album ...
swarapriya
Golmaal (1979)

Songs from this album follow ...
debjyoti
QUOTE(swarapriya @ Nov 9 2010, 05:52 AM) *

Golmaal (1979)

Aanewala pal of Kishoreji is an extraordinary song,it remains a hot favourite of many even today.
abhijoy
Excellent upload swarapriya....many many thanks........
swarapriya
QUOTE(debjyoti @ Nov 8 2010, 10:31 PM) *

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Nov 9 2010, 05:52 AM) *

Golmaal (1979)

Aanewala pal of Kishoreji is an extraordinary song,it remains a hot favourite of many even today.

Great lyrics by Gulzar saab, fine composition by RD, and beautiful singing by Kishoreda make it an unforgettable listening experience. Cheers Deb.

S
swarapriya
QUOTE(abhijoy @ Nov 11 2010, 06:02 PM) *

Excellent upload swarapriya....many many thanks........

You're very very welcome, Gargi. Cheers. -S
swarapriya
Griha Pravesh (1979)

After the success enjoyed by their previous collaboration, "Anubhav (1971)", in which Gulzar wrote 2 of the 4 songs for Kanu Roy, they are here together again. "Anubhav" was a glorious swan song for Geetaji. There is no Geetaji here for this album. Yet with a group of unlikely artistes like Chandrani Mukherjee, Sulakshana Pandit, Bhupinder, Pankaj Mitra, and Yesudas the songs turn out to be fine. Here are these songs...
swarapriya
Meera (1979)

Songs from this album were recently uploaded in the "Shammi Kapoor" thread in this directory. They are still available at the following location...

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...9103&st=672

swarapriya
Ratnadeep (1979)

Songs from this album follow...
abhijoy
excellent swarapriya...........
swarapriya
QUOTE(abhijoy @ Dec 9 2010, 12:11 AM) *

Great Gargi. Looks like you show up only for Gulzarji's songs. Nevertheless my thanks.

Cheers,
S
debjyoti
QUOTE(swarapriya @ Dec 9 2010, 01:44 PM) *

QUOTE(abhijoy @ Dec 9 2010, 12:11 AM) *

Great Gargi. Looks like you show up only for Gulzarji's songs. Nevertheless my thanks.

Cheers,
S

Actually Gargidi shows up maximum in gurudev Kishore Kumar's forums.
swarapriya
Khubsoorat (1980)

This is a story of a young woman growing to be a responsible adult handled deftly by the great director Hrishida. I am uploading all songs of this film from an original soundtrack album. Here are these...
sangeetbhakt
QUOTE(swarapriya @ Dec 6 2010, 03:22 PM) *

Ratnadeep (1979)

"Ratnadeep" was one of those albums of RD's that did not see as much airtime and fame
as some of his other albums, possibly because this was a low-budget small film. But it has
a couple of compositions that I absolutely love. The Asha/Kishore duet is a gem of a song
so wonderfully sung by both of them. I have seen the film a couple of times over the years
and I am very fond of the picturization of this song as well.
The Asha solo "Aisa ho to kaisa hoga" is another lesser heard beauty. When Asha sang for
Pancham, especially in the 70s, there was an additional miThaas that she threw in just for
him and it enhanced the innate beauty of the compositions.

An enjoyably watchable film made even better by the music.
swarapriya
QUOTE(sangeetbhakt @ Dec 26 2010, 07:43 PM) *

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Dec 6 2010, 03:22 PM) *

Ratnadeep (1979)

"Ratnadeep" was one of those albums of RD's that did not see as much airtime and fame
as some of his other albums, possibly because this was a low-budget small film. But it has
a couple of compositions that I absolutely love. The Asha/Kishore duet is a gem of a song
so wonderfully sung by both of them. I have seen the film a couple of times over the years
and I am very fond of the picturization of this song as well.
The Asha solo "Aisa ho to kaisa hoga" is another lesser heard beauty. When Asha sang for
Pancham, especially in the 70s, there was an additional miThaas that she threw in just for
him and it enhanced the innate beauty of the compositions.

An enjoyably watchable film made even better by the music.

Hello SB,

I haven't heard from you in a while. Hope things are going well.

Those are beautiful thoughts you shared with us. I am in total agreement about the songs. They are engrossingly joyful. As for the movie, I haven't seen it. May be one of these days I will get to see it.

Cheers,
S
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.