Full Version: Tamil Songs By Asha Bhosle
Hamara Forums > Music > Regional Music > Tamil
lakshmi
ENGA OORU PATTUKKARAN(1987)
md Ilayaraja

song senbakame - Asha Bhosle - 4:25/128

simplefable
Lakshmi..this song brings lots of memories. smile.gif
While i was doing my final year grad in Chennai, this song was a rage. I used to enjoy this song a lot...Our cook / gardener who is a native tamilian used to criticize Asha's singing saying that she stresses on wrong syllables..I dont know a word of tamil, yet used to enjoy this gem ! The willingness of these legendary singers to come out and sing in a language which they are not at all familiar shows their geniality.. i cherish that. smile1.gif
HumTum
QUOTE(simplefable @ Mar 1 2010, 07:50 AM) *
While i was doing my final year grad in Chennai, this song was a rage. I used to enjoy this song a lot...Our cook / gardener who is a native tamilian used to criticize Asha's singing saying that she stresses on wrong syllables..I dont know a word of tamil, yet used to enjoy this gem ! The willingness of these legendary singers to come out and sing in a language which they are not at all familiar shows their geniality.. i cherish that. smile1.gif

She was good, but accent is obviously there. huh.gif
simplefable
HT bhai..woh to hona hi tha !! Have you heard the telugu song of Lata ? smile1.gif
HumTum
QUOTE(simplefable @ Mar 1 2010, 01:11 PM) *
HT bhai..woh to hona hi tha !! Have you heard the telugu song of Lata ? smile1.gif

Telugu song by Lata! ohmy.gif No I haven't wacko.gif
simplefable
HT bhai..here is the link for the song.
Lata sang one song for the film " santhanam" under the baton of Susarla Dakshina murthy. When Lata came to Hyderabad to accept ANR award, she felicitated Dakshina murthy before receiving the award..and recalled her association.. smile.gif

Nidurapora tammuda
Santhanam
Lata
Susarla
mp3, 128 kbps, 3.32 min

Click to view attachment
HumTum
Which year was this movie made??
simplefable
lakshmi
QUOTE(simplefable @ Mar 1 2010, 08:50 AM) *

Venkat,

I understand that it is not easy to sing in Kannada, Tamil,Telugu or Malayalam. No oldtimer except Asha has done it. Being a Tamilian, my Tamil is horrible. It is not easy to sing a tamil song. Asha has done a pretty good job. She has sung around 7 songs in Tamil. I will try to upload a few more.It was Mastreo Ilayaraja who gave her the chance to sing her first Tamil song.

Lakshmi
simplefable
Lakshmi, you said it all. Actually Asha also says that it is tough to sing in south languages..unlike marathi which is flexible.. smile.gif
Here is a youtube link for the interview of Asha and her rehearsal...courtesy Lakshmi. Real pleasure to watch Asha..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhSPWcEowGU
Bhavita
Thanks for both the songs and the link. Lakshmi, SF...

I like the way Ashaji says 'rombo nalla" smile1.gif

Look forward to the rest of the songs. Lakshmi... if you dont get the time to upload, do let know the titles, will search them out smile1.gif

Cant wait to hear the rest

Regards
Bhavita
lakshmi
Thanks Venkat and Bhavita for the nice remarks.Asha Bhosle is a remarkable singer. I am uploading this song from the famous Rajanikanth movie Chandramukhi. Here, Asha's voice is like a teenager's.

CHANDRAMUKHI(2005)
md Vidyasagar

song konjam neam - Asha Bhosle , Madhu Balakrishna - 4:29/128
lakshmi
HEY RAM(2000)
md Ilayaraj

song nee paartha - Asha Bhosle, Hariharan - 4:03/128
simplefable
The song from Chandramukhi was sung in telugu by Sujata. smile.gif
lakshmi
QUOTE(simplefable @ Mar 2 2010, 01:32 AM) *

The song from Chandramukhi was sung in telugu by Sujata. smile.gif

I like Sujata very much. She has a very sweet voice. Asha Bhosle has done a very good job here. It is a nice change.

Lakshmi
Aditya Pant
QUOTE(simplefable @ Mar 1 2010, 03:09 PM) *

HT bhai..here is the link for the song.
Lata sang one song for the film " santhanam" under the baton of Susarla Dakshina murthy. When Lata came to Hyderabad to accept ANR award, she felicitated Dakshina murthy before receiving the award..and recalled her association.. smile.gif

Nidurapora tammuda
Santhanam
Lata
Susarla
mp3, 128 kbps, 3.32 min

Click to view attachment

If I'm not mistaken, Lata also sang a duet with SPB in the Telugu film Akhari Poratam (1988) under Ilaiyaraja's baton.

Aditya
simplefable
Aditya..!! Amazing. you are a walking dictionary. I never knew that till date. That is the phase of my life when i almost abstained from telugu films... smile.gif
The song...Tella cheeraku..from Aakhari poratam can be downloaded from this link..

http://rapidshare.com/files/201814272/TELLA__CHEEREKU.mp3

zakaas4u
Hi frnds,

posting 4 Tamizh songs by Asha Bhosle with S.P.Balasubrahmanyam
Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachmentid=317
242]
Debopriyo
QUOTE(zakaas4u @ Mar 2 2010, 10:10 PM) *

Hi frnds,

posting 4 Tamizh songs by Asha Bhosle with S.P.Balasubrahmanyam
Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachmentid=317
242]

Film Name : -

Aakhri Poratam ,
Alai Payuthey ,
Enga ooru paddukaran - 1987
Hey Raam (2005)
Iruvar
Kannukoru Vannakili (1991)
Meera - 1993
Naan Sonnathey Sattam (1988)
Nerukku Neer
Vidyasagar (2005)
Pudhu Paattu (1990)
Sakkarai Panthal (1988)
Naan Solvathe Sattam (1988)
Sethupathi IPS (1994)

Please Add More Film Name & Updates !
HumTum
Chandramukhi is already mentioned in the previous posts..

Btw it is enga ooru paatukkaaran.. (not paddukaran). You have repeated one movie - Naan solvathe sattam.
HumTum
Never heard of Aakhri porattam ( how in the God's name did a hindi word get prefixed to a tamil word? ) ohmy.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.