Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Geeta Dutt Songs Data Base
Hamara Forums > Legends > Geeta Dutt
romesh
hello members

I have made an effort to prepare a database of geeta's songs from year 1946 onwards. The database and the format for this effort has been downloaded from the web site geetadutt.com. The database has been updated on the basis of the information provided in the "GEETKOSH" by Harminder Singh Humraz. In this effort I was assisted by a friend of mine who is also a music lover.The additions have been indicated in the bold letters. My apologies for any ommission & commission.

FOR KIND ATTENTION OF SH. PARAG

"In case you are satisfied with the document pl put it on the web site for ref of other members and the rest of the world."

romesh
Click to view attachment

quote=romesh
Exon
Romesh,

You have put a lot of effort in assembling this spreadsheet. All members will benefit from your spreadsheet.
Thanks a lot.

In a few instances, your spreadsheet data and my tags (or info) have mismatch.

Kashmir Ki Kali (1946):
+ yeh kisne meri hasraton mein aag laga di - GD

Chanda Ki Chandni (1948) :
- kaali kaali raat hai, par saas teri sojaaye toh kuch baat hai - Sulochana Kadam?, Hussain:

Chandralekha (1948):
+ mat ga mat gaa re,yeh sher bachhe -GD, Rafi, chorus

Chunaria (1948):
Phool toh Phool & tera kaanton se hain pyaar
(I think, these 2 are one and same song)

Dilruba 1948 > 1950?

Mala the Mighty (1948):
+ kaun hai jispe zamane ne sitam dhaya nahin - GD

Padmini (1948):
+ tum hi na sunoge toh meri kaun sunega - GD

Dil Ki Basti (1949):
+ jal jal ke kahein hum - GD

Sunhere Din (1949):
+ umangon ke din beete jaayen ... haaye jawaani kase lagaa le - (Film ver) GD, Surinder Kaur, Sjamshad Begum

Baabul (1950):
- milte hi aankhen (version song) - Hemant Kumar, Rama Devi?

Jalte Deep (1950):
+ taaron bhari raat mein yaad tumhari aaye baalam - GD

Kanch Ki Gudiya (1961):
+ koyi bachaa lo mujhko bacha lo - GD

Shama (1961)
shaguftagi ka latafat -Geeta Dutt?

Exon
romesh
QUOTE(Exon @ Dec 11 2009, 01:04 AM) *

Romesh,

You have put a lot of effort in assembling this spreadsheet. All members will benefit from your spreadsheet.
Thanks a lot.

In a few instances, your spreadsheet data and my tags (or info) have mismatch.

Kashmir Ki Kali (1946):
+ yeh kisne meri hasraton mein aag laga di - GD

Chanda Ki Chandni (1948) :
- kaali kaali raat hai, par saas teri sojaaye toh kuch baat hai - Sulochana Kadam?, Hussain:

Chandralekha (1948):
+ mat ga mat gaa re,yeh sher bachhe -GD, Rafi, chorus

Chunaria (1948):
Phool toh Phool & tera kaanton se hain pyaar
(I think, these 2 are one and same song)

Dilruba 1948 > 1950?

Mala the Mighty (1948):
+ kaun hai jispe zamane ne sitam dhaya nahin - GD

Padmini (1948):
+ tum hi na sunoge toh meri kaun sunega - GD

Dil Ki Basti (1949):
+ jal jal ke kahein hum - GD

Sunhere Din (1949):
+ umangon ke din beete jaayen ... haaye jawaani kase lagaa le - (Film ver) GD, Surinder Kaur, Sjamshad Begum

Baabul (1950):
- milte hi aankhen (version song) - Hemant Kumar, Rama Devi?

Jalte Deep (1950):
+ taaron bhari raat mein yaad tumhari aaye baalam - GD

Kanch Ki Gudiya (1961):
+ koyi bachaa lo mujhko bacha lo - GD

Shama (1961)
shaguftagi ka latafat -Geeta Dutt?

Exon

dear exon

First of all I must convey my thanks for having a detailed glance at the effort made by me. I would like to point out that as already brought out in my original post the basic spreadsheet of the database was downloaded from the web site geetadutt.com. I have only added the missing songs in bold letters after consulting the GEETKOSH. I have not touched the information already provided on the spreadsheet. However,at one or two places I had made corrections as per Geet Kosh.

Now coming to the queries raised by you the information is as under

KASHMIR KI KALI-1946-- The missing song mentioned by you is already there in the spread sheet. There is a mention of this film 1n the year 1947 also which need to be deleted.

CHANDA KI CHANDNI-1948-- There is no mention of sulochana kadam as co singer in the spread sheet

CHANDERLEKHA-1948--In the geet kosh it has been mentioned as a chorus. In case ur tagging is correct this song needs to be mentioned in the data sheet.I am not capable of giving any comment on this

CHUNARIYA-1948--Your observation is correct one of the songs needs to deleted (these two songs were there in the original data base)

DILRUBA-1950 This is 1950 film and not 1948

MALA THE MIGHTY-1948 N o information in the geet kosh. In the event of ur tagging being correct. this song needs to be added in the data base

PADMINI-1948 No mention in the geet kosh I ncase ur tagging is correct this needs to be added in the data base

DIL KI BASTI-1949 My mistake this song is there in the geet kosh but inadvertently i missed it to mention in the database

SUNEHRE DIN-1949--No comments since I have not seen the film

BAABUL-1950No comments on this since there is no mention of this song in the geet kosh

JALTE DEEP-1950--This song has been mentioned in the database

KANCH KI GUDIYA-1961--My mistake this song is there in the geet kosh, inadvertently missed it.Needs to be mentioned in the database

SHAMA-1961--This song has been mentioned in the data base

There are non filmi songs sung by geetaji in my collection which needs to be mentioned in the data base.The list of these songs is being u/l separately

with best wishes

romesh
romesh
I have few non filmi songs tagged as sung by geeta ji. No details of these songs are available with me. The list of these songs is as under. In case the learned and the senior members of this forum feel that my tagging is correct then these can also be included in the data base.

Chhoti si hai bansuri chhote se ghanshyam
Door kisi ki nazaron se mein chhup chhup kar
Gaayen gaayen naye zamane mein hum
Kaise bataon man ke chaman mein
Kooke ambuva pe koyalia
Mein to ho gayee re teri shyam
Haule haule hawa dole
Jamuna ke teer kahna aao
Na chandan na dhoop na baati
Suni kanha teri bansuri jadoo bhari
Tone jee bhar ujale diye the prabhu
Bhawan nahin bhaaye naina bhar bhar aaye re
Kaise jaoon paar bata re

romesh

r&d
Mera Dil Hai Yeh - Geeta Roy & Shankar Das - Bebus (1950) - Pt. Ganpat Rao - ???

Umangon Ke Din - Geeta Roy, Surinder Kaur & Sulochana Kadam - Sunhere Din (1949) - Gyan Dutt - Dina Nath Madhok

duplicate entries.
- 195? - Midnight - Tumsa Meet Mila - Talat Mahmood - Subeer Sen - ? - - ? - - ? - - ? - - ? - - ? - - ? -
- 195? - Sajan Ki Galiyan/Film Hi Film[83] - Hum Khoob Jante Hain - Rafi, Suman - Shankar Jaikishan - ? - - ? - - ? - - ? - - ? - - ? - - ? -
romesh
QUOTE(r&d @ Dec 11 2009, 11:58 AM) *

Mera Dil Hai Yeh - Geeta Roy & Shankar Das - Bebus (1950) - Pt. Ganpat Rao - ???

Umangon Ke Din - Geeta Roy, Surinder Kaur & Sulochana Kadam - Sunhere Din (1949) - Gyan Dutt - Dina Nath Madhok

duplicate entries.
- 195? - Midnight - Tumsa Meet Mila - Talat Mahmood - Subeer Sen - ? - - ? - - ? - - ? - - ? - - ? - - ? -
- 195? - Sajan Ki Galiyan/Film Hi Film[83] - Hum Khoob Jante Hain - Rafi, Suman - Shankar Jaikishan - ? - - ? - - ? - - ? - - ? - - ? - - ? -

thanks r&d

romesh
Exon
QUOTE(romesh @ Dec 11 2009, 09:14 AM) *

dear exon

First of all I must convey my thanks for having a detailed glance at the effort made by me. I would like to point out that as already brought out in my original post the basic spreadsheet of the database was downloaded from the web site geetadutt.com. I have only added the missing songs in bold letters after consulting the GEETKOSH. I have not touched the information already provided on the spreadsheet. However,at one or two places I had made corrections as per Geet Kosh.

CHANDA KI CHANDNI-1948-- There is no mention of sulochana kadam as co singer in the spread sheet

[It is Sulochana instead of GD; from HF archive]

CHANDERLEKHA-1948--In the geet kosh it has been mentioned as a chorus. In case ur tagging is correct this song needs to be mentioned in the data sheet.I am not capable of giving any comment on this

[These info from HF archive]

MALA THE MIGHTY-1948 N o information in the geet kosh. In the event of ur tagging being correct. this song needs to be added in the data base

PADMINI-1948 No mention in the geet kosh I ncase ur tagging is correct this needs to be added in the data base

[Again, I must have got info on above two songs from HF]

BAABUL-1950No comments on this since there is no mention of this song in the geet kosh

[Again, both info from HF]

There are non filmi songs sung by geetaji in my collection which needs to be mentioned in the data base.The list of these songs is being u/l separately

with best wishes

romesh

Romesh,

Thanks for going over my post. I had not seen earlier spreadsheet. This is the first time I am going over GD songs spreadsheet. Almost all the info I posted came from HF archive.

My intention is not to point out errors in someone elses work, but soley to sort out descripancies; eventually, we will have a unified list of GD songs information. Once again thanks for this great effort.

Exon
romesh
QUOTE(Exon @ Dec 11 2009, 07:01 PM) *

QUOTE(romesh @ Dec 11 2009, 09:14 AM) *

dear exon

[It is Sulochana instead of GD; from HF archive]

[These info from HF archive]

[Again, I must have got info on above two songs from HF]

[Again, both info from HF]

with best wishes

romesh

Romesh,

Thanks for going over my post. I had not seen earlier spreadsheet. This is the first time I am going over GD songs spreadsheet. Almost all the info I posted came from HF archive.

My intention is not to point out errors in someone elses work, but soley to sort out descripancies; eventually, we will have a unified list of GD songs information. Once again thanks for this great effort.

Exon

Arre exon bhai aisi koi baat nahin hai mujhe to khushi huyee ki aapne meri effort ko bade dhyan se dekha.
Meri endeavor to yehi thi ki geeta ji ke gano ka ek complete documents ban sake. Meine non filmi gaano ki bhi list di hai unko bhi pl dekh le. mere khayal se is forum mein sabse pehle yeh document banaya jana chahiye tha. So take it easy

with best wishes

romesh
Exon
Romesh,

Here are a few more songs that need confirmation.

Jalte Deep (1950):
+ taaron bhari raat mein yaad tumhaari aaye baalam - GD

Saudamini (1950):
naina hamaare neer bahaaye - GD
(I couldn't find a match for this song in your spreadsheet; perhaps an error in my tag)

Sheesh Mahal (1950):
- aayi hai diwaali - Shamshad, Pushpa Hans (not GD)

Shri Ganesh Mahima (Shri Krishna Vivah) (1950):

Madhuban Mein & Man Mohan Raas Rachayo Madhuban Mein (these 2 are one and same song)

- Taaron Ke Paalne Mein Jhoole Chaand Hamaara Re (not GD)
(HF archive contains some discussion about the singer)

Shloka: om gajaananam bhootha ganathi sevitam - singer could be GD

Veer Babruvahan (1950):
+ nis din ..., chanda bataa - GD
+ dheere dheere behati - GD

Baazi (1951)
aaj ki raat piya (Lyrics: S. K. Deepak > Sahir)

Gumaastha (1951)
MD: N. Dutta > K. Datta

Lav Kush (1951):
MD: Shanthi Kumar or Shankar Rao Vyas?

Laxmi Narayan (1951):
aaj achaanak ..., tera bachpan gaya hai beet - GD, Sulochana Kadam, chorus

Naujawan (1951):
Ho Jhanak Jhanak ..Ho Sun Le Zara & Zara Zoom Le Jawani Ke Sang
(Above two songs are one and the same song)

Pyar Ki Baaten (1951):
2/4 GD songs composed by Khayyam?

Sansaar (1951):
+ humein ne mohabbat ki duniya basaayi - GD, V. Sarla, P. Leela

Exon
romesh
QUOTE(Exon @ Dec 12 2009, 01:32 AM) *

Romesh,

Here are a few more songs that need confirmation.

Jalte Deep (1950):
+ taaron bhari raat mein yaad tumhaari aaye baalam - GD

Saudamini (1950):
naina hamaare neer bahaaye - GD
(I couldn't find a match for this song in your spreadsheet; perhaps an error in my tag)

Sheesh Mahal (1950):
- aayi hai diwaali - Shamshad, Pushpa Hans (not GD)

Shri Ganesh Mahima (Shri Krishna Vivah) (1950):

Madhuban Mein & Man Mohan Raas Rachayo Madhuban Mein (these 2 are one and same song)

- Taaron Ke Paalne Mein Jhoole Chaand Hamaara Re (not GD)
(HF archive contains some discussion about the singer)

Shloka: om gajaananam bhootha ganathi sevitam - singer could be GD

Veer Babruvahan (1950):
+ nis din ..., chanda bataa - GD
+ dheere dheere behati - GD

Baazi (1951)
aaj ki raat piya (Lyrics: S. K. Deepak > Sahir)

Gumaastha (1951)
MD: N. Dutta > K. Datta

Lav Kush (1951):
MD: Shanthi Kumar or Shankar Rao Vyas?

Laxmi Narayan (1951):
aaj achaanak ..., tera bachpan gaya hai beet - GD, Sulochana Kadam, chorus

Naujawan (1951):
Ho Jhanak Jhanak ..Ho Sun Le Zara & Zara Zoom Le Jawani Ke Sang
(Above two songs are one and the same song)

Pyar Ki Baaten (1951):
2/4 GD songs composed by Khayyam?

Sansaar (1951):
+ humein ne mohabbat ki duniya basaayi - GD, V. Sarla, P. Leela

Exon

dear Exon

here is the reqd information pl

[b]Jalte Deep-1950
this song has been mentioned in the spread sheet

Saudamini-1950As per geet kosh only four songs are sung by geeta dutt in this film.All the four songs have been included in the spreadsheet

[/b]Sheesh Mahal-1950 you are right necessary correction has been made

Shre Ganesh Mahima-1950 you are right one song has been deleted As regards "taaron ke palne mein jhoole" as per geetkosh this song is sung by geeta dutt

Veer Babruwahan-1950you are correct necessary correction taken care of

Baazi-1951lyrics are by sahir & not deepak

Gumashta-1951M/D is K datta & not N datta

Lav Kush-1951M/D is Shanker Rao Vyas & not Shanti Kumar

Laxmi Narayan-1951as per geetkosh this song is sung by geeta dutt. However, as per information given by you necessary correction has been made.

Naujawan-1951you are right one song has been deleted

I am really grateful to you for these valuable inputs which is leading to the refinement of the document. Actually I never wanted to fiddle with the information already provided in the spreadsheet downloaded from the web site geetadutt.com. It is my fault I should have done this. Anyway thanks again for all the efforts put in by you. Any suggestion on the non filmi geets sung by geeta dutt mentioned in my earlier post.

with best wishes

romesh

Exon
Romesh,

Here are a few more, requesting you to verify them.

Bewafa (1952)
- aajaao mere dilruba (GD > Sandhya Mukherjee)
Not GD; HF archive contains discussion about its singer.

Jaal (1952):
+ zor lagaa ke haiyya pair jamake haiyya - GD, chorus

Shrimatiji (1952):
+ so gaya so gaya - GD
(Song was recorded but didn't appear in the movie)

Tarang (1952):
+ saawan barse ..., nadiya kinaare mora dera - Rafi, GD, Shamshad, Chitragupta

Zalzala (1952):
pawan chale zor - GD version?

Firdaus (1953):
Music: Robin Chtterjee > Roshan
(3 songs, including 2 GD songs were composed by Roshan)

Ladki (1953)
ae aankh ro ke & yeh aankh ro ke - GD (duplicate song title)

Parineeta (1953):
+ chali dulhaniyaa piyaa se milne (version song) - GD

Raj Ratan (1953):
Music: Hiren Bose or Ninu Majumdar?

Shole (1953):
+ mera dil kabhi roye kabhi gaaye re - GD

balaa se hasraten & socha hai sahenge (both titles one and same song)
(Total 3 songs by GD in this movie)

Suhaag Sindhoor (1953):
mere laadle balam - GD, Shailesh Mukherjee?

+ dilruba ve dilruba, pyaar kar aa pyaar kar - GD, Manna Dey
(according to Manna Dey site)

Exon
romesh
QUOTE(Exon @ Dec 13 2009, 08:29 AM) *

Romesh,

Here are a few more, requesting you to verify them.

Bewafa (1952)
- aajaao mere dilruba (GD > Sandhya Mukherjee)
Not GD; HF archive contains discussion about its singer.

Jaal (1952):
+ zor lagaa ke haiyya pair jamake haiyya - GD, chorus

Shrimatiji (1952):
+ so gaya so gaya - GD
(Song was recorded but didn't appear in the movie)

Tarang (1952):
+ saawan barse ..., nadiya kinaare mora dera - Rafi, GD, Shamshad, Chitragupta

Zalzala (1952):
pawan chale zor - GD version?

Firdaus (1953):
Music: Robin Chtterjee > Roshan
(3 songs, including 2 GD songs were composed by Roshan)

Ladki (1953)
ae aankh ro ke & yeh aankh ro ke - GD (duplicate song title)

Parineeta (1953):
+ chali dulhaniyaa piyaa se milne (version song) - GD

Raj Ratan (1953):
Music: Hiren Bose or Ninu Majumdar?

Shole (1953):
+ mera dil kabhi roye kabhi gaaye re - GD

balaa se hasraten & socha hai sahenge (both titles one and same song)
(Total 3 songs by GD in this movie)

Suhaag Sindhoor (1953):
mere laadle balam - GD, Shailesh Mukherjee?

+ dilruba ve dilruba, pyaar kar aa pyaar kar - GD, Manna Dey
(according to Manna Dey site)

Exon

dear Exon

Bewafa-1952--as per geetkosh it is geeta dutt
jaal-1952--missed it however it is added now
shrimatiji--1952--now added in the database
tarang-1952--geetkosh says it is lata,shamshad & rafi. so needs confirmation. earthmusic also indicates lata,rafi & shamshad
zalzala-1952--can be included in the data base. however geetkosh does not make mention of this song
ladki-1953--already corrected
parineeta-1953--I am not aware of this songbut can be added in the data base
rajratan-1953--it is ninoo majumdar
shole-1953--already corrected in the database
suhag sindoor-1953--mere ladle balm--already there in the data base.second song (dilruba aye dilruba--pyar kar aa pyar kar) no mention in geetkosh

with best wishes

romesh

parag_sankla
Great work Romesh ji, with valuable inputs from Exon and Rajnish ji. Thanks a lot to every one for this great contribution. Once Romesh ji is ready with the final list, the same will be uploaded on our website as well

http://www.geetadutt.com/database.html

Thanks to all once again

Best Regards
Parag
parag_sankla
With great efforts from our dear friend Romesh ji and valuable inputs from Exon and Aditya, we have finally update the database of Hindi film songs on our website. Many thanks to HFGk which is the base reference for us. A lot of credit of course goes to our dear friend Dr Mahesh who has been almost single handed working on the filmography of Geeta ji's songs from various sources beyond the HFGK.
Thanks for dear friend HB for doing the technical work.

The Excel sheet is here

Best Regards
Parag
romesh
QUOTE(parag_sankla @ Jan 25 2010, 11:26 PM) *

With great efforts from our dear friend Romesh ji and valuable inputs from Exon and Aditya, we have finally update the database of Hindi film songs on our website. Many thanks to HFGk which is the base reference for us. A lot of credit of course goes to our dear friend Dr Mahesh who has been almost single handed working on the filmography of Geeta ji's songs from various sources beyond the HFGK.
Thanks for dear friend HB for doing the technical work.

The Excel sheet is here

Best Regards
Parag

thanks Parag for the kudos. At last with efforts from all of us we have been able to come out with a document to work upon. I am trying to get hold of revised version of GK 1951-1960 and se if we can find some more songs from our beloved Geeta ji.

with best wishes

romesh
parag_sankla
Romesh ji

For a very long time, we were thinking of compiling this database together. It is really amazing that with we all could come up with this much of information on the songs of Geeta ji. An average music lover does not know more than 50 odd songs of hers and does not even know that she has sung over 1500 songs in Hindi films. We will continue our efforts to find more and more information about her songs and then pass on the same on our website to let music lovers know about it.

It is almost impossible to express in words what all of your help means to a Geeta bhakt like me.

Warmest Regards
Parag
hildebrand
romesh ji and team clap2.gif bow.gif
parag_sankla
After Gujrati and Hindi, we are also working on the Bengali songs database. Our dear friend Dr Jyotiprakash Guha ji is helping us with that.

Regards
Parag
parag_sankla
Another update has been done to our Hindi film songs database, thanks to Romesh ji. The latest spreadsheet can be downloaded from our site

Best Regards
Parag
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.