Nash Miami
Erum Hashmi
Thanks!
anilkumar
A recent news item about Raviji

Musician Ravi curbed to use his own house by kin
-------------------------------------------------------------

PTI Jan 13, 2010 Outlook India, Mumbai

Veteran music director Ravi (Ravi Shankar Sharma), who gave several classics like Waqt and Chaudhvi Ka Chand, Neel Kamal, Gumraah. Nikah, has alleged mental torture by his family and curb on movements in his own house here.

In a police complaint, has alleged that his son Ajay and daughter-in-law Varsha Usgaonkar (a wellknown actress in Marathi films) tortured him mentally and barred him from entering the first floor of his two-storeyed bungalow in Santacruz.

Raviji, now 84, resides on the ground floor, while his son , a businessman, and daughter-in-law Varsha occupy the first floor of the house.

"My movements were restricted as the door leading to the first floor was locked by my son and his wife," Raviji, a Padmabhushan awardee, told PTI today.

"My trophies, musical instruments are gathering dust at the place where we used to have rehearsals with well-known lyricists, singers and musicians like Shakeel, Mukesh, Shanker Jaikishan," he said.

"In spite of several police complaints, nothing much changed and finally I summoned some film personalities and broke open the door yesterday," he said.

"I had given 'temporary shelter' to my son after his marriage in March 2000. When I asked them to vacate the house, they moved the court, where the matter is pending," he said.

"I was against my son marrying an actress, but he finally had his say and he assured me he will manage his own accommodation and requested for a 'temporary shelter'. As a father I agreed and this is what I am getting today," he said.

"At this ripe age I am being harassed by my own blood."

His son has lodged a counter-complaint with the police accusing him of trespass. Police have said they can't do much on Sharma's complaint as it was a civil matter and also because the matter is pending in the court.

Raviji scored music in more than 200 films, most of them in the late 1960s and 70s. His memorable hits include Oh meri Zohra Zabeen Waqt and Chaudhvi Ka Chand ho.

He has also scored music for around 17 Malayalam films and bagged several awards. He won Filmfare Awards for Gharana (1961) and Khandaan (1965).

---------
yogihit
Request to reupload full album..
yogihit
re-requesting again
abhijoy
Here is the album........

Baharon Ka Yeh Mausam -05:09 Kishore Kumar Click to view attachment

Mera Dil Tera - 5:39 Kishore Kumar & Asha Bhosle Click to view attachment

Parody - 8:53 Asha Bhosle Click to view attachment

abhijoy
Contd........

Qismat Walon Ko Milta Hai - 4:56 Asha Bhosle Click to view attachment

Qismat Walon Ko - 4:15 Asha Bhosle Click to view attachment
yogihit
thanks a lot Gargi!!!
Abdur Rehman
Thanks Gargi for the album
roxyman
Thanks ABHIJOY for the songs
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.