Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 100 Composers : 100 Songs
Hamara Forums > Legends > Geeta Dutt
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
parag_sankla
[quote name='Bhavita' date='Oct 27 2009, 09:05 AM' post='635242']
Hi Parag
Would you be able to scan the cover of Ateetna Sambharna? I will transalate it for you. I am a gujju.
The meaning of the CD is "memories from the past"

Bhavita

It will be nice if some one with the correct tags for Bangla (and Gujrati) songs check for the above composers. In Gujrati also, I think she has sung for a few composers other than Avinash Vyas. I have the CD of "Ateetna Sambharna" but the details are in Gujrati script, which I can not read.

Requesting help from forum members.

Thanks
Parag
[/quote]
[/quote]

Here is the scanned image of the backside of the CD cover.

Please check the names of all the composers other than Avinash Vyas ji.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards
Parag

hildebrand
Song No 4 and 7 seem to be different MDs.

4 appears to be a surname Merchant and no 7 maybe named Jagdeep. Can't make out more. Bad reader of gujrati. sad1.gif
parag_sankla
Song no.4 MD seems to be Ajit Merchat. Not sure about the one for the song 7.

That is where we need help from Bhavita.

smile1.gif

Regards
Parag
Bhavita
HB has got it right and so has Parag Who says one needs to know gujarati to read it ;-)

Here goes

Song 1, 10 and 14 - Movie - Mangal Fera, Music and Lyrics - Avinash Vyas
Song 2 - Movie - Panetar, Music and Lyrics - Avinash Vyas
Song 3 - Movie - Gunsundari, Music and Lyrics - Avinash Vyas
Song 4 - Movie - Kariyavar, Music - Ajit Merchant and Lyrics - Chaitanya
Song 5 - Movie - Naagdevta, Music and Lyrics - Avinash Vyas
Song 6 - Movie - Nanand Bhojayi - Music and Lyrics - Avinash Vyas
Song 7 - Movie - Naseebdaar - Music and Lyrics - Jagdeep Virani
Song 8, 9 and 12 - Movie - Gunsundari, Music and Lyrics - Avinash Vyas
Song 11 and 13 - Movie - Gaadano Khel - Music and Lyrics - Avinash Vyas
parag_sankla
Wonderful. So we have found 2 more composers: Jagdeep Virani and Ajit Merchant for whom Geeta ji has sung. Thanks Bhavita for the help.

Nice to see that the list of composers for whom Geeta ji has sung is growing. It is very well possible that she might have sung for close to 175 different composers singing in various languages.

Thanks to all for your immense contributions towards this topic.

Best Regards
Parag
smahesh
parag,
add ''p.ramakant'' for rupaya[1950]-tiki huyi thi jinpe nazarein.

regards,
mahesh
parag_sankla
Thanks Mahesh for your valuable inputs as always. I will soon compile the list of composers we have put together so far.

Best Regards
Parag
Aditya Pant
QUOTE(smahesh @ Nov 7 2009, 09:53 AM) *

parag,

regards,
mahesh

I read somewhere that P. Ramakant might be same as R. Paigankar, and was probably as assistant to CR. Also read that all songs composed under the name P. Ramakant were probably by CR himself. Of course, I am not sure about these facts.

Aditya
smahesh
QUOTE(Aditya Pant @ Nov 7 2009, 10:22 AM) *

QUOTE(smahesh @ Nov 7 2009, 09:53 AM) *

parag,

regards,
mahesh

I read somewhere that P. Ramakant might be same as R. Paigankar, and was probably as assistant to CR. Also read that all songs composed under the name P. Ramakant were probably by CR himself. Of course, I am not sure about these facts.

Aditya

pankaj raag in his book on md's mentions that c ramchandra gave music as p ramakant in 4-5 films to save tax!

regards,
mahesh
parag_sankla
QUOTE(smahesh @ Nov 6 2009, 11:43 PM) *

pankaj raag in his book on md's mentions that c ramchandra gave music as p ramakant in 4-5 films to save tax!

regards,
mahesh

Just like a lot of gems came out after the Gods did the "Samudra Manthan", we are finding these rare pieces of information.

Thanks a lot.

Best Regards
Parag
kadri420
hum tumse pochthe hain - geeta & rafi
mp3 / 128 kbps / 2.11 mins

Movie : Circus Queen
Music : Shafi M - Nagri
Lyrics : Naqsh Lyallpuri

i am not sure if the md/s Shafi M - Nagri ( earthmusic.net) have been covered
in the thread

Click to view attachment
hildebrand
Geeta ji sang the song Preeti Kisi ko Na Chhode for Circus King(1946). It had two MDs: J. Abhyankar and Nagesh Rao. Geeta Kosh doesn't mention who is the MD for individual songs.

Does anyone have the song and MD Details.
pradeepasrani
QUOTE(venkat @ Oct 25 2009, 09:24 PM) *

Parag,

Very good work! smile.gif

I am sure Geeta Ji would be reserving her choicest blessings for you, just as Mohammed Rafi Saab's best 'Duaen' would always be for Pradeep Ji!! mellow.gif

Venkat

I went through the entire thread today and noted the contribution by various contributors led by Parag, the the ultimate Geeta devotee. The stuff uploaded here is mind bogling and everyone who uploaded here deserves congratulations of the rest of HF members.

The old timers on HF may recall another Geeta devotee, Bappaditya Chatterji, who unfortunately is no more with us. I am sure that the blessings of Geeta and Bappa are with with Parag for his untiring efforts in promoting the music of Geeta Roy Dutt.

I noticed the above comment by Venkat. I wonder which Pradeep he is referring to. There are not many HF members with this name and surely he doesn't mean that I have contributed in any significant way to popularising Rafi (not that Rafi needs anyone). There have been some devoted contributors in the Rafi thread. The ones readilly come to mind are Unni, Myawan, Suhana Safar among the old timers, Mohammed Parvez in recent times and of course Venkat himself. So I wonder why he had to refer to me, if he is indeed referring to me. Of course the attached smiley gives it away that he is not sure himself.

One last word Venkat Bhai, in my humble opinion, to compare Parag's devoted obsession with any other fan's devotion to his / her favourite singer is nearly a sacrilege.

Pradeep
hildebrand
one more MD missed out is Payami for whom she sang two songs in Sagar Tarang (made in 40s. exact year not known).

Two songs were:-
1. Itna to bata de prabhu kyon humko sataye
2. Bhagwan Yeh Kyon Hai

If someone has the songs do upload them.
parag_sankla
QUOTE(pradeepasrani @ Nov 14 2009, 02:24 AM) *

QUOTE(venkat @ Oct 25 2009, 09:24 PM) *

Parag,

Very good work! smile.gif

I am sure Geeta Ji would be reserving her choicest blessings for you, just as Mohammed Rafi Saab's best 'Duaen' would always be for Pradeep Ji!! mellow.gif

Venkat

I went through the entire thread today and noted the contribution by various contributors led by Parag, the the ultimate Geeta devotee. The stuff uploaded here is mind bogling and everyone who uploaded here deserves congratulations of the rest of HF members.

The old timers on HF may recall another Geeta devotee, Bappaditya Chatterji, who unfortunately is no more with us. I am sure that the blessings of Geeta and Bappa are with with Parag for his untiring efforts in promoting the music of Geeta Roy Dutt.

I noticed the above comment by Venkat. I wonder which Pradeep he is referring to. There are not many HF members with this name and surely he doesn't mean that I have contributed in any significant way to popularising Rafi (not that Rafi needs anyone). There have been some devoted contributors in the Rafi thread. The ones readilly come to mind are Unni, Myawan, Suhana Safar among the old timers, Mohammed Parvez in recent times and of course Venkat himself. So I wonder why he had to refer to me, if he is indeed referring to me. Of course the attached smiley gives it away that he is not sure himself.

One last word Venkat Bhai, in my humble opinion, to compare Parag's devoted obsession with any other fan's devotion to his / her favourite singer is nearly a sacrilege.

Pradeep

Pradeep ji

It is very pleasing to see positive and encouraging comments from a discerning music lover like you. In Geeta ji's forum in general, and on this topic in particular, I am merely an initiator. It is the blessings of Geeta ji (as you rightly mentioned) and the affection of HF members for Geeta ji which is keeping these threads/discussions active. We all are so thankful to all the generous members who have contributed in various ways to the success of this forum (which finally led to the launching of the website http://www.geetadutt.com). The site would not have been launched without the vast amount of groundwork done by several members over last 6-7 years.

We hope to see you more often in this forum and also please help us in letting more and more people know about our website http://www.geetadutt.com

And yes, we do remember Bappada, though I personally did not get a chance to interact with him. On the first birthday of our website, we will be having a special feature dedicated to him on the blog section of our website.

Warmest Regards
Parag
parag_sankla
QUOTE(hildebrand @ Nov 16 2009, 10:17 AM) *

one more MD missed out is Payami for whom she sang two songs in Sagar Tarang (made in 40s. exact year not known).

Two songs were:-
1. Itna to bata de prabhu kyon humko sataye
2. Bhagwan Yeh Kyon Hai

If someone has the songs do upload them.

Never heard about this composer or the film. Seconding the request for these rare songs..

Thanks in advance

Regards
Parag
parag_sankla
As mentioned on this article here,

http://www.geetadutt.com/actress.html

The music of the film Badhu Baran (1967) was composed by the legendary and brilliant composer Kamal Dasgupta and had songs sung by leading Bengali singers Manna Dey , Feroza Begum, Shyamal Mitra, Arati Mukherjee , Arun Datta and of course Geeta Dutt herself. It is a pity that the composer chose to have Geeta sing just one song for this film. The song she sang is "Amar alor o shishu o andhar ja" and was released on record number N 77083. This turned out to be Geeta Dutt's last recording in a Bengali film (she did sing some non-film Bengali songs till 1971 though).

Requesting all to share the audio of this rare song.

Thanks in advance
Parag

parag_sankla
Requesting help from forum members to find the audios of at least one Geeta Dutt song composed by the following composers:

Composers (or some possible composers) not covered so far:

Ali Hussain Muradabadi (Kaun Pardesi)
A R Khan (?)
Babul Bose (from the duo Bipin-Babul)
Bhupen Hazarika
Dattaram Gadekar - Vikram Shashikala
Dulal Sen - Black Prince 60s unreleased film
Firoz Nizami
Kamal Dasgupta
Lala Asar Sattar
Mohd Shafi - Mohabbat ki Jeet
Mukund Masurekar - Didi
Neenu Majumdar - Raj Rattan
P Nageshwar rao - Circus King
Payami - Saagar Tarang
R A Paijankar
Rajhans - Ek tha Ladka
Ram Prasad - Dolati Naiyya
Rafiq Ghaznavi
Ramlal
R A Paijankar
P Nageshwar rao
Pt. Amarnath
S N Nandi - Pujya Gandhiji 50s unreleased film
S Krishnan & Manohar - Tarzan and Captain Kishore (1964)
Shankar Dasgupta
Shankar Rao Vyas

Thanks in advance

Best Regards
Parag
parag_sankla
QUOTE(kadri420 @ Nov 12 2009, 05:08 AM) *

in the thread

Click to view attachment

Kadri ji

This song is from the film Hamari Shaan (1950) and is composed by Chitragupta ji. I am not sure about the correctness about this entry in the EM database here

http://www.earthmusic.net/cgi-bin/cgiwrap/...e+poochhte+hain

Requesting help from music lovers with HFGK to confirm about this.

Best Regards
Parag
romesh
QUOTE(parag_sankla @ Dec 3 2009, 10:19 AM) *

in the thread

Click to view attachment

Kadri ji

This song is from the film Hamari Shaan (1950) and is composed by Chitragupta ji. I am not sure about the correctness about this entry in the EM database here

Best Regards
Parag

parag you are right the song is from film "hamari shaan-1951 music by chitragupt

romesh
parag_sankla
QUOTE(smahesh @ Nov 6 2009, 08:23 PM) *

parag,

regards,
mahesh

Based on the information received from our friend Romesh ji, as per Harminder Humraaz (HFGK fame), there are 3 songs of Geeta ji in this film. Not sure which are the other two. Any information regarding this will be most appreciated

Regards
Parag
Exon

in the thread

Click to view attachment

Kadri ji

Best Regards
Parag

The above song was composed by Chitragupta (Ly: Anjum Jaipuri) and first appeared in Hamari Shaan (1951). It was re-used in Circus Queen (1959). Info taken from HF archive.

Exon
Aditya Pant
QUOTE(parag_sankla @ Dec 5 2009, 10:31 PM) *

QUOTE(smahesh @ Nov 6 2009, 08:23 PM) *

parag,

regards,
mahesh

Based on the information received from our friend Romesh ji, as per Harminder Humraaz (HFGK fame), there are 3 songs of Geeta ji in this film. Not sure which are the other two. Any information regarding this will be most appreciated

Regards
Parag

Do we have clarity about P. Ramakant now? P. Ramakant was same as R. Paigankar and was C. Ramchandra's assistant. It is also believed that CR composed under the name of P.Ramakant for tax purposes. So should this be counted as CR's film?

Aditya
parag_sankla
Aditya,

Based on my gut feeling, its more like "Painjankar" should be the last name.

I think Dr Mahesh has conclusively mentioned that C R sahab himself composed music under this nick-name (P Ramakant) for about 4-5 films to save tax. (A case probably similar to B Vasudev, Snehal Bhatkar..)

So, IMHO, Rupaya should be considered as a C Ramchandra film.

Regards
Parag
parag_sankla
QUOTE(Exon @ Dec 5 2009, 09:05 AM) *

in the thread

Click to view attachment

Kadri ji

Best Regards
Parag

The above song was composed by Chitragupta (Ly: Anjum Jaipuri) and first appeared in Hamari Shaan (1951). It was re-used in Circus Queen (1959). Info taken from HF archive.

Exon

Thanks for the verification Exon. Requesting confirmation from music lovers with access to HFGK as well.

Thanks
Parag
Sukesh Hoogan
QUOTE(parag_sankla @ Dec 5 2009, 10:51 PM) *

QUOTE(Exon @ Dec 5 2009, 09:05 AM) *

in the thread

Click to view attachment

Kadri ji

Best Regards
Parag

Exon

Thanks for the verification Exon. Requesting confirmation from music lovers with access to HFGK as well.

Thanks
Parag

Difficult to say, unless someone has heard both the songs. Generally, Humraaz does make a note in magnum opus of songs which have been used in more than one film.

HFGK listings

HAMARI SHAAN=ham tumse poochhte hai.n sach sach hame bataanaa kyaa tumko = Geeta Dutt + Mohammad Rafi - Anjum Jaipuri = Chitragupta

CIRCUS QUEEN=ham tumse poochhte hai.n sach sach hame bataanaa kyaa tumko- Singers not mentioned = Naqsh (*) = Shafi Naagri

* Naqsh Lyallpuri (!)

Regards
Sukesh
Exon
QUOTE(Sukesh Hoogan @ Dec 6 2009, 12:13 AM) *

Difficult to say, unless someone has heard both the songs. Generally, Humraaz does make a note in magnum opus of songs which have been used in more than one film.

HFGK listings

HAMARI SHAAN=ham tumse poochhte hai.n sach sach hame bataanaa kyaa tumko = Geeta Dutt + Mohammad Rafi - Anjum Jaipuri = Chitragupta

CIRCUS QUEEN=ham tumse poochhte hai.n sach sach hame bataanaa kyaa tumko- Singers not mentioned = Naqsh (*) = Shafi Naagri

* Naqsh Lyallpuri (!)

Regards
Sukesh

Sukesh,

Sangeet's VCD-rip of Circus Queen is still available here.
http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?s=&a...st&p=633605

To me, the song from the above two movies sound identical.

Exon
parag_sankla
QUOTE(Exon @ Dec 5 2009, 11:13 AM) *

QUOTE(Sukesh Hoogan @ Dec 6 2009, 12:13 AM) *

HFGK listings

* Naqsh Lyallpuri (!)

Regards
Sukesh

Sukesh,

Sangeet's VCD-rip of Circus Queen is still available here.
http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?s=&a...st&p=633605

To me, the song from the above two movies sound identical.

Exon

I agree with you Exon. Looks like the song from Hamari Shaan was as it is re-used in the film Circus Queen, not sure how? May be the same producer??

Parag
NashMia
QUOTE(parag_sankla @ Oct 23 2009, 01:26 PM) *

No worries Bhavita, we all were also under the same impression all these years. I think the common last name "Roy" was the reason for the misunderstanding for many people.

Added 5 more composers to the master list:

Aziz khan
Zafar khursheed
R A Paijankar
P Nageshwar rao
Jag phool kaushik

Regards
Parag

Here are few more songs
Song: Chand Hai Wohi
Film: Parineeta
Year:1953
MD: Arunkumar MukherjeeClick to view attachment
NashMia
Here are few more songs
MD: Aziz Khan
Teri Meri Dosti Kahani Ban Gaye 128 kbps 3:18 Heer Ranjha - 1948 Geeta Dutt 3.1 MB
Click to view attachment

NashMia
Here is one more song:
MD: Bipin - Babu
More Saiyan 128 kbps 2:49 Badal Aur Bijli - 1956 Geeta Dutt 2.6 MB

Click to view attachment
NashMia
Here is one more song:
MD: Dhooni Khan & Raam Lal
Jaane Kaise Kaise Hanji Tum 192 kbps 3:06 Barse Ki Hoor - 1956 Geeta Dutt 4.3 MB

Click to view attachment
NashMia
Here is one more song:
MD: Dilip DholakiaClick to view attachment
Kisi Se Pyaar Ho To128 kbps 2:55 Baghdad Ki Raaten - 1952 Geeta Dutt 2.7 MB (Courtesy of HF Member)

Click to view attachment
NashMia
Here are two songs by:
MD: Hiren Bose
Piya In Charnan Bali Jao 128 kbps 2:54 Rami Dhoban - 1953 Hemant Kumar & Geeta Dutt 2.7 MB
Kaanan More Shaym Rang Ghole Kaun 3:10 Rami Dhoban - 1953 Geeta Dutt 3 MB
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
NashMia
Here is a song by:
MD: Pt. Harbans Lal
Aaj Mile Kal Bichhad Gaye 128 kbps 3:16 Jauhari - 1951 Geeta Dutt 3 MB
Click to view attachment
NashMia
Here is one song by:
MD: Ramesh Naidu
O Aaj Mere Yeh Ishare 192 kbps 2:57 Jai Singh - 1959 Geeta Dutt 4.2 MB

Click to view attachment
NashMia
Here is one song by:
MD: Rewashankar & Ganga Prasad

Jab Se Teri Yaad 192 kbps 2:48 Raat Ki Rani - 1949 Geeta Dutt 3.9 MB

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.