Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Habib Tanvir No More
Hamara Forums > Films > Bollywood
oye_sonu
As a kid I used to see lot of prgrams regarding Theatre arts etc on DD3 and Habib ji's name was mentioned many times. Since I was not interested in theatre I didnt cared much for his name until I saw one serial where he played a powerful role of a aged ( rajasthani) person having two wives. Older wife was played by Surekha sikri(??) and role of younger wife by Kiti of karamchand ( dont know her name )

By god.......both Habib and Sikri looked so natural in those role. Sikri's role was also powerful, and I knew she is a great actor
( Laterz I was again impressed by her work in Neem ka paid. Seems she does rural roles much better ! ( and now again in Balika vadhu, though I ve only heard from others. Check her picture here )

I stil remember one of the dialogue of habib where he calls the younger wife as " ari o kajri ". It was great role by habib saab.Laterz I started following news or info on him.
( but Iam still not able to recall the name of that serial .Can any one tell me the name of that serial.coulndt find any link. I hope Iam not mixing up two diff serials ?)

Saw many programs showing him doing theatre or tamaasha(??) with tribal artists. Not able to recall the form of tribal theater/plays he used to promote. He trained tribals made his own team and did plays all over India. Kamaal hai cities ke theatre se milo door tribal belts mein theatre ko kaafi promote kara !

With prayers !

Salute to you Habib saab

Regards

Sonu

PS : OT : Iam huge fan of surekha sikri and Pankaj kapoor's few roles. if any of you like him do write in diff thread !
oye_sonu
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/8088751.stm

Indian playwright Tanvir is dead
Habib Tanvir
Tanvir wrote many popular plays (Photo: Panini Anand)

Veteran Indian playwright and theatre director Habib Tanvir has died aged 85 after a brief illness, his family says.

Tanvir was admitted to hospital in the central city of Bhopal three weeks ago with breathing difficulties. His funeral will take place on Tuesday.

Tanvir wrote plays like Agra Bazar and Charandas Chor, winning several Indian and international awards for his work.

He also appeared in nine feature films, including Richard Attenborough's Gandhi in 1982.

Born on 1 September 1923 at Raipur (in Madhya Pradesh), Tanvir began his career as a journalist and went on to become a playwright.

In 1959, he founded a theatre company called the Naya Theatre.

He was nominated as a member of India's upper house of parliament, the Rajya Sabha, from 1972 to 1978.
oye_sonu
Thanks for additional links.

Chintu bhai aapse request hai. Aap ya aur kisi ko kabi time mile to Charcter actors( of films) per thread shuru karyega !
Mera knowlege movies/actors mein zero hai .........nahin to main kuch karta.

Sonu
bawlachintu
QUOTE(oye_sonu @ Jun 8 2009, 11:58 PM) *

Thanks for additional links.

Chintu bhai aapse request hai. Aap ya aur kisi ko kabi time mile to Charcter actors( of films) per thread shuru karyega !
Mera knowlege movies/actors mein zero hai .........nahin to main kuch karta.

Sonu

Info apne aap ho jayegi. Research Karo. Agar "Agha"
pasand hai to uspe shuru karo. Jaise jaise articles aur film ke
references collect karoge apne aap interest banega aur likhoge.

Agha ke upar ek famous gaana hai SJ ka.
AK Hangal pe shuru kar sakte ho-a person involved with theatre too.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.