Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My Visit To Pacific Northwest, Hawaii And California!!
Hamara Forums > General > Tourists paradise
Pages: 1, 2
venkat
After nearly 20 years, I had set foot once again on the United States of America soil!

In this thread, I would present some pics. taken (still taking) in that connection.

To start with, here are a couple from SNOQUALMIE WATER FALLS, Seattle Area!

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
venkat
Incidentally, this is your Venkat! Next to him is his wife. More pics. later.

Click to view attachment

venkat
Tulip Festival at Mount Vernon, Seattle Area!

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
lakshmi
Venkat,

What a pleasant surprise. Love those tulips. How long are you planning to stay in US? How did you like Hawaii? Please post more pictures. .Nice to see your wife and you.

Lakshmi
Exon
Venkat,

It is nice to see the real person behind 'Rare Diamonds'. You have a very happy family. May god bless you a long life ahead.

Recently, a friend also sent me photos of the tulip farm.; they are so pretty. I had visited Seattle area a few times.

Exon
venkat
QUOTE(lakshmi @ May 30 2009, 02:05 AM) *

Venkat,

What a pleasant surprise. Love those tulips. How long are you planning to stay in US? How did you like Hawaii? Please post more pictures. .Nice to see your wife and you.

Lakshmi

Lakshmi,

We have just got back from our 6 day trip to Hawaii (Honolulu-Oahu & Mauwi). By any standards, that is a very short trip to Hawaiian islands. No question, however, that Hawaii is a beautiful place! Shall post pics of Hawaaii as we continue this thread.

My heart-felt thanks for your post. smile.gif

Venkat

PS. We are here based out of Bellevue, Seattle Area, and will be around until end-June.
venkat
QUOTE(Exon @ May 30 2009, 02:12 AM) *

Venkat,

It is nice to see the real person behind 'Rare Diamonds'. You have a very happy family. May god bless you a long life ahead.

Recently, a friend also sent me photos of the tulip farm.; they are so pretty. I had visited Seattle area a few times.

Exon

Hi Exon,

Many thanks for your kind words.

My daughter, there in one of the photos, has all the 15 CDs of my "Some Rare Diamonds Of Rafi Saab" and also "Some Rare Diamondsa of Other Legends"! rolleyes.gif

What a pleasure it was to travel while listening to those!!! smile.gif

Venkat
mmuk2004
smile.gif Hi Venkatji,

What lovely pics. and it is so nice so see you and your family in them. Beautiful tulips. I visited the Washington area about 8 years ago. My husband was working on a project and we stayed in Bellingham for about two months. I fell in love with that place. Be sure to visit some of those San Juan islands...they are absolutely gorgeous. I will dig out some of my old pics.

p.s. If you could make the pics smaller, they would be easier to see.
hildebrand
Venkat ji
Lovely pics. Specially loved the waterfall one. Looking forward to the others.
Hope you have a great time with family there. smile.gif
venkat
Many sincere thanks, Madhavi and Hildebrand, for your posts.

This Seattle is a commercial, bustling City and a sleepy, premium hill-station, both thrown into one!! I think that makes it very special.

Venkat
venkat
On May 8, 2009, we went for a Jagjit Singh ghazal concert at Benaroya Hall, in downtown Seattle.

Though I was disappointed with the show, as he did not cover any of his greater songs, here is a pic.

Click to view attachment
venkat
Here is the famous Seattle Space Needle!

Click to view attachment

venkat
A trip to Bainbridge Island, an hour of ferrying from Seattle port!

Pic 1: On the boat, in the company of a glass of Budlight!!

Pic 2: Inside the Bainbridge Island

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

lakshmi
Really fantastic Venkat. The pics would look even more beautiful if you resize them. Love the color of the water. Did you already visit California? Any idea of coming to Midwest? You are welcome to stay with us. Let me know.

Lakshmi
simplefable
Venkat..It is great seeing you and your family. smile.gif
Hope you have a wonderful holiday out there.. I just resized a pic and added a frame and posting here...hope you wont mind.
And...yes, nothing like listening to our fantsatic melodies out there.. best of Audio and Visuals. smile.gif

Click to view attachment
lakshmi
QUOTE(simplefable @ May 30 2009, 08:59 AM) *

Hope you have a wonderful holiday out there.. I just resized a pic and added a frame and posting here...hope you wont mind.
And...yes, nothing like listening to our fantsatic melodies out there.. best of Audio and Visuals. smile.gif

Click to view attachment

Very nicely done Venkat(simplefable). You are very artistic.

Lakshmi
venkat
QUOTE(lakshmi @ May 30 2009, 08:14 AM) *

QUOTE(simplefable @ May 30 2009, 08:59 AM) *

Click to view attachment

Very nicely done Venkat(simplefable). You are very artistic.

Lakshmi

Hi SF, many thanks for the artistic framing of that pic! You have made my wife blush, with appreciation of your gesture! smile.gif

Venkat
HumTum
Venkat bhai! Off on a vacation. Fantastic and I really envy you! wink.gif

Great pictures! clap2.gif
venkat

On the way to Mt. Rainier, two hours drive from Bellevue!

Click to view attachment
venkat
Still, on the way to Mt. Rainier!

Click to view attachment
venkat
QUOTE(lakshmi @ May 30 2009, 07:55 AM) *

Really fantastic Venkat. The pics would look even more beautiful if you resize them. Love the color of the water. Did you already visit California? Any idea of coming to Midwest? You are welcome to stay with us. Let me know.

Lakshmi

Yes, Lakshmi. I have just learnt to resize them.

No, Lakshmi. Our itinerary is fully set! I appreciate your kind invitation, however. smile.gif

We are headed for CA on June 11, for 4 days.

Venkat
simplefable
Venkat..my pleasure. smile.gif Lakshmi..thanks for the appreciation.. i just dabble with what i have. smile.gif
Here is one more picture..

Click to view attachment
venkat
Two pics on Mount Rainier itself!!

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Marcilo
QUOTE(venkat @ May 29 2009, 11:12 PM) *

On the way to Mt. Rainier, two hours drive from Bellevue!

Click to view attachment

Neat... nice place... Thanks for sharing
venkat
Now, on to some HAWAII Pictures!

Firstly, in Oahu Island and Honolulu!

There is a famous DIAMOND HEAD CRATER in Oahu, formed as a result of a big volacanic eruption! Here it is!

Click to view attachment

venkat
Now, some Oahu Beaches!

Click to view attachment

venkat
The Pacific waters in all their splendor at Hanauma Bay in Oahu Island!

Click to view attachment
venkat

Waimanlao Bay Beach

In the second pic, taking a plunge into the ocean!! smile.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
venkat
Click to view attachment
venkat
Some Hawaiian dances at Waikiki Beach in Oahu!

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
venkat
More Hawaii Pics later!!

Venkat
venkat
Pearl Harbor in Honolulu!

Click to view attachment
venkat
USS Arizona Memorial at Pearl Harbor!

Click to view attachment
venkat
Some more Hawaii-Oahu pictures!

Oahu island in Hawaii is famous for Pineapple production, especially of a brand called 'Dole'. I am told these Dole Pineapples are popular in the Mainland US also!

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

venkat
Some food in Hawaii! biggrin.gif

Alas, the food in US doesn't taste even half as good as it looks!!! rolleyes.gif

Click to view attachment

venkat
Two more Beach/Ocean pics!

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
lakshmi
Nice pictures of Hawaii , Venkat. Are you planning to see Utah? Some beatiful canyons are there.

Lakshmi
hildebrand
Lovely ocean pics Venkat ji!
venkat
Many thanks, HB and Marcillo! smile.gif
venkat
QUOTE(lakshmi @ Jun 3 2009, 12:25 AM) *

Nice pictures of Hawaii , Venkat. Are you planning to see Utah? Some beatiful canyons are there.

Lakshmi

Lakshmi,

Much as I would like to see all the tourist spots in US, the available time and money won't make that possible! Maybe, other places some other time! unsure.gif

Our next program is a four day visit to Vancouver, Victoria and surrounding places, in British Columbia, Canada, commencing 5th June.

Venkat
venkat
In this trip of ours to Hawaii, we had just covered two islands, namely OAHU (where Honolulu is located) and MAUI (another beautiful island, a half hour flight from Honolulu)! Hawaii has 4 or 5 other islands too.

Here are some pics of Maui!

1.Windmills overlooking Maui sugar cane fields

2. Ioa Needle

3. Maui Prince Hotel

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
venkat
Some ocean/beach pics of Maui island

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Exon
Venkat,

Thanks for sharing all these photos of beautiful places. In a short period, you have covered lots of tourist spots.

If you haven't been to Yellowstone Natl Park, I would highly recommend it. It will be within driving distance (<800M) from you. It is one of a kind park with geysers, cannyons and wildlife. One geyser shoots to some 700ft high. The park can be covered in two days.

Exon

venkat
Downtown Vancouver, BC, Canada, by night! smile.gif

Click to view attachment
venkat
Lion's Gate Bridge, Vancouver!

Click to view attachment
venkat
The highlight of Vancouver visit has got to be the Capillano Suspension Bridge! It is so thrilling (and scary? rolleyes.gif ) to walk on it!

Click to view attachment
venkat
Another view of the Capillano Suspension Bridge, Vancouver!

Click to view attachment
venkat
In Vancouver, there is a Grouse Mountain to which one goes by overhead cable car.

Three pics:

1. Aerial view from Cable Car

2. Another aerial view from Cable Car

3. Grizzly Bear on Grouse Mountain

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

ketaki shukla
Very nice pictures Venkat.

While you are in Vancouver Canada do visit Jaspar & Banff.You will see all the way Rocky Mountains.

I am in Peace River Alberta I would be more then happy to welcome you to my place.

Ketaki.
venkat
QUOTE(ketaki shukla @ Jun 11 2009, 01:49 AM) *

Very nice pictures Venkat.

While you are in Vancouver Canada do visit Jaspar & Banff.You will see all the way Rocky Mountains.

I am in Peace River Alberta I would be more then happy to welcome you to my place.

Ketaki.

Many many sincere thanks, Ketaki, for your appreciation and the kind gesture of invitation! smile.gif

Well, yesterday we were back at Seattle, after finishing our 4-day visit to Vancouver and Victoria. Lovely places both!

My daughter, with whom we stay at Seattle, has recently attended a business conference at BANFF, taking along her husband too! She was talking highly of BANFF. Maybe, some other time for me and my wife!

Thanks once again.

Venkat
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.