Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Taj Mahal (1963)
Hamara Forums > Legends > Legendary Music Directors > Roshan
swarapriya
Taj Mahal (1963)

It is ironic that Sahir Ludhianvi who wrote the famous poem, which went something like this (I am not sure about the exact wording), "Ek Shahenshah Ne Taj Mahal Banaa Ke Hum Ghareebon Ka Majaaq Udaaya" was assigned to write lyrics for this movie. That he did. As usual, his poetry was magnificent. To match it Roshan's compositions were memorable.

I am uploading these songs in two separate posts. Most of the songs in this first post are from a CD. Part 3 and 4 of "Jo Vaada" are compliments of the Forum members. The song "Khuda-E-Bartaar" is a DVD rip. I am still missing one song shown in red italics in the table below. Please share this if you have it.

Here is a description of these songs ...
swarapriya
Songs Of "Taj Mahal (1963)" Continued ...

Here is the second posting. These songs came from CDs and DVD. The extended versions songs are from a DVD. I am also including a song that has Lata's commentary from her "Shraddhanjali" album. Also included is a song sung by Sonu Nigam "Jo Baat". This is from his private album.

Now for the songs ...
Exon
SP,

Here is the missing song. The song audio originated from HF member.

Asha Bhosle, chorus:
husn se hai duniya haseen, ishq se hai dil ka yakeen (4:27 \ 128)
Click to view attachment

Exon
swarapriya
QUOTE(Exon @ May 20 2009, 12:01 PM) *

SP,

Here is the missing song. The song audio originated from HF member.

Asha Bhosle, chorus:
husn se hai duniya haseen, ishq se hai dil ka yakeen (4:27 \ 128)
Click to view attachment

Exon

Thanks for the song Exon.
Aditya Pant
QUOTE(swarapriya @ May 20 2009, 11:06 PM) *

Taj Mahal (1963)

It is ironic that Sahir Ludhianvi who wrote the famous poem, which went something like this (I am not sure about the exact wording), "Ek Shahenshah Ne Taj Mahal Banaa Ke Hum Ghareebon Ka Majaaq Udaaya" was assigned to write lyrics for this movie. That he did. As usual, his poetry was magnificent. To match it Roshan's compositions were memorable.

I am uploading these songs in two separate posts. Most of the songs in this first post are from a CD. Part 3 and 4 of "Jo Vaada" are compliments of the Forum members. The song "Khuda-E-Bartaar" is a DVD rip. I am still missing one song shown in red italics in the table below. Please share this if you have it.

Thanks a lot SP for these songs in great quality.

I am not sure, but I think the second female voice in Chandi Ka Badan is Sudha Malhotra.

the exact lines by Sahir are:

Ye Chamanzaar ye jamuna ka kinara ye mahal
ye munaqqash dar-o-deewar ye mahraab ye taaq
ik shahenshah ne daular ka sahara le kar
hum ghareebon ki mohabbat ka udaya hai mazaaq

mere mehboob kahin aur mila kar mujhse

Aditya
swarapriya
QUOTE(Aditya Pant @ May 20 2009, 06:39 PM) *

I am not sure, but I think the second female voice in Chandi Ka Badan is Sudha Malhotra.

Aditya

Thank you very much Aditya for the information. As usual you come through with some incredible facts about these songs. Much appreciated sharing these with us.

Cheers,
Swarapriya
swarapriya
Noor Jehan (1967)

This movie was in production for over ten years. Meena Kumari wanted to play this role badly. When the movie was launched with her in the title role, she became very ill. The production was stalled. It took longer time for Meenaji to recover. In the meantime producers couldn't wait and decided to go ahead with someone else in the lead role. They signed relatively unknown actress named Asha Mathur to play Noor Jehan. Ms Mathur lacked not only proper credentials to play the title role, she was also not much of an actress when it came to histroinics. Sensing that the movie is doomed to failure, financiers backed off the project and the movie was stalled once again. Several years passed and the producers were able to find financiers to back up the movie provided Meena Kumari was back in the role she was signed originally to play. When approached, Meenaji readily agreed and the movie was made without further hitch.

Roshan seemed to have a corner with these type of historic dramas. Here he was at the helm to provide music again. There are some beautiful songs in this movie. I am uploading all of them. Here is their description ...
usrafian
QUOTE(Aditya Pant @ May 21 2009, 07:09 AM) *

Taj Mahal (1963)

Aditya

Tag of the song 'Chandi Ka Badan Sone Ki Nazar' I have, showing, it is Mina Kapoor but in my opinion it is Sudha Malhotra's voice because I hardly remember any qawaali by Mina Kapoor whereas in combination of Sudha Malhotra, Roshan & Sahir have many. [ As far as Qawaali concerns, Roshan is always having top hand compare to other MDs.]

The ghazal of Sahir ' Mere Mehboob Kahin Aur Mila Kar Mujhse' , clearly shows impact of communism on him. After this, to reply, Shakeel Badayuni Sahab came forward with these lines -film-Leader(1964)-

Ek Shahanshaah Ne Banavaa Ke Hasiin Taajamahal,
Saarii Duniyaa Ko Muhabbat Kii Nishaanii Dii Hai,
Iske Saaye Me Sadaa Pyaar Ke Charche Honge,
Khatm Jo Ho Naa Sakegii, Vo Kahaanii Dii Hai.

Great People with great thoughts !!!
They treuly deserves right to make conceret foot-print on this 'Time-Road'.

Thankyou SP Ji for nice uploads, your uploads are also making foot-print in HF. kudos.

USR

PS - in the song 'Jo Wada Kiya Woh Nobhana Padega', all the lines sang by Rafi Sahab, truely shows that these are sang by a 'shenshah'. (I don't qualify myself to say ' Rafi is Great').

Whenever I hear Lata's song ' Zurm-E-Ulfat Pe', I simply wonder about the tenderness in her voice which can be hear in her songs of late 40's & early 50's only.

swarapriya
QUOTE(usrafian @ May 21 2009, 11:32 PM) *

Tag of the song 'Chandi Ka Badan Sone Ki Nazar' I have, showing, it is Mina Kapoor but in my opinion it is Sudha Malhotra's voice because I hardly remember any qawaali by Mina Kapoor whereas in combination of Sudha Malhotra, Roshan & Sahir have many. [ As far as Qawaali concerns, Roshan is always having top hand compare to other MDs.]

The ghazal of Sahir ' Mere Mehboob Kahin Aur Mila Kar Mujhse' , clearly shows impact of communism on him. After this, to reply, Shakeel Badayuni Sahab came forward with these lines -film-Leader(1964)-

Ek Shahanshaah Ne Banavaa Ke Hasiin Taajamahal,
Saarii Duniyaa Ko Muhabbat Kii Nishaanii Dii Hai,
Iske Saaye Me Sadaa Pyaar Ke Charche Honge,
Khatm Jo Ho Naa Sakegii, Vo Kahaanii Dii Hai.

Great People with great thoughts !!!
They treuly deserves right to make conceret foot-print on this 'Time-Road'.

Thankyou SP Ji for nice uploads, your uploads are also making foot-print in HF. kudos.

USR

PS - in the song 'Jo Wada Kiya Woh Nobhana Padega', all the lines sang by Rafi Sahab, truely shows that these are sang by a 'shenshah'. (I don't qualify myself to say ' Rafi is Great').

Whenever I hear Lata's song ' Zurm-E-Ulfat Pe', I simply wonder about the tenderness in her voice which can be hear in her songs of late 40's & early 50's only.

My Dear USR,

I share your feelings about the name of the singer. In anyway you look at it it doesn't "fit". It has to be Sudha Malhotra.

Hindi film industry was blessed with so many great poets writing lyrics for some wonderful music composers. They were brought to life by some of the greatest singers who left indelible impressions in our hearts and minds.

One final thing. Plese drop "ji" when addressing me.

With many cheers,
Swarapriya
hildebrand
Thanks SP smile.gif
swarapriya
QUOTE(hildebrand @ May 22 2009, 10:42 AM) *

Thanks SP smile.gif

You're very welcome.
bawlachintu

Taj Mahal (1963)

ik shahenshah ne [b]daular ka sahara le kar
hum ghareebon ki mohabbat ka udaya hai mazaaq[/b]

Aditya

Dollar nahin Daulat wub.gif
Aditya Pant
QUOTE(bawlachintu @ May 23 2009, 12:05 PM) *

Taj Mahal (1963)

ik shahenshah ne [b]daular ka sahara le kar
hum ghareebon ki mohabbat ka udaya hai mazaaq[/b]

Aditya

Dollar nahin Daulat wub.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
bawlachintu
Songs are available here too : Upload date Feb 6, 2009

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?s=&a...st&p=570700
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.