Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Prakash Mehra Passes Away
Hamara Forums > Films > Bollywood
surhall

sangeet ka safar

Producer-director Prakash Mehra passes away
17 May 2009, 1153 hrs IST, PTI

MUMBAI: Legendary Bollywood producer-director Prakash Mehra, who gave Amitabh Bachchan his first success with 'Zanjeer', passed away in a hospital
in Mumbai on Sunday, after prolonged illness.

The 69-year-old Mehra, who was in hospital for last several days, breathed his last at 0750 hours. He died of pneumonia and multiple organ failure, hospital sources said.

Ironically, people came to know about Mehra's ill-health a fortnight ago, only after Bachchan visited him in the hospital and mentioned about it in his blog.

The Mehra-Bachchan duo, which began with 'Zanjeer' in early 70s, gave the industry seven movies of which six were mega-hits.

Their last movie together was 'Jadugar' in 1989 which was a flop.

The director-actor duo hits include 'Muqaddar Ka Sikander', 'Laawaris', 'Namak Halal', 'Sharabi' and 'Hera Pheri' apart from 'Zanjeer'.
dhall
oye_sonu
:-( Really sad news. he had a big hand in AB's sucess !
What will 70s b without AB?

Salaam aapko prakash ji !

Sonu
bawlachintu
QUOTE(surhall @ May 17 2009, 05:44 PM) *

sangeet ka safar

Producer-director Prakash Mehra passes away
17 May 2009, 1153 hrs IST, PTI

MUMBAI: Legendary Bollywood producer-director Prakash Mehra, who gave Amitabh Bachchan his first success with 'Zanjeer', passed away in a hospital
in Mumbai on Sunday, after prolonged illness.

The 69-year-old Mehra, who was in hospital for last several days, breathed his last at 0750 hours. He died of pneumonia and multiple organ failure, hospital sources said.

Ironically, people came to know about Mehra's ill-health a fortnight ago, only after Bachchan visited him in the hospital and mentioned about it in his blog.

The Mehra-Bachchan duo, which began with 'Zanjeer' in early 70s, gave the industry seven movies of which six were mega-hits.

Their last movie together was 'Jadugar' in 1989 which was a flop.

The director-actor duo hits include 'Muqaddar Ka Sikander', 'Laawaris', 'Namak Halal', 'Sharabi' and 'Hera Pheri' apart from 'Zanjeer'.
dhall

RIP Prakash Mehra dry.gif
kabir
really sad !!!

who can forget his wonderful films.
its a loss of gem sad1.gif
oye_sonu
Marne per bhi hum logon ke paas time nahin hai kuch "words " likhne ke liye ! sad.gif

JAM kar song dload karo ! Shaabash !!
Ye raha sidha Attachment ka link aur kahin jaane ki jarorat nahin. bookmark kar lo isko.

Attachments link :
http://www.hamaraforums.com/?act=attachmen...id&sort=des

My comments are only for those who had read the thread and knew who this artist was. . and was written out of frustration the way people react to such sad news ! just 2-3 posts every time. Not directed any particular member/members !

Regards

Sonu
PS : I too may have missed posting in such threads but its usually bcoz I rarely see the thread as I mostly check the links which I see on Index/Main page .I dont check subforums or their threads.!
Iam not big fan of Prakash mehra. I dont recall watching his movies except probabily MKS .
surhall

sangeet ka safar have his last interview 3 part

today have part one

128/44 kbs

radio_city_01_parkash_mhera_ki_zuba... 2.51 min
dhall
surhall

soon 2 nd part also there
dhall
surhall
sangeet ka safar

last day in life end some picture

pleas last interview part one there.

dhall
surhall
part two interview on sat -sunday.
dhall
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.