Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Malhar (1951)
Hamara Forums > Legends > Legendary Music Directors > Roshan
swarapriya
Malhar (1951)

In the early days, music directors generally explored rhythm as part of their compositions. But Roshan, parting ways, experimented mostly with melodic instruments. His main instruments in this experiment were sarangi, violin, accordion, spanish guitar, flute, and occasionally sitar. These instruments are noted for creating melodic contours of distinctive quality. Roshan’s favorite instrument among these was sarangi. He used it in many songs. For example, use of this can be heard in “Maine Shayad Tumhe” song from his “Barsaat Ki Raat”. A music critic claims that Roshan explored tonal ranges in lower and middle octaves. This has the tendency of giving the listener a feeling of soothing quality with a dash of splash of emotional color. The song “Kahan Ho Tum” from this album is a primary example of this. Also, the song “Bade Armaanon Se” achieves similar effects of sombre mood with lower tonal levels yet with a faster tempo. A magnificent piece of musical creation indeed.

I am uploading nine songs from this album. According to EarthMusic, a solo version of the song "Bade Armaanon Se" sung by Mukesh exists (shown in red italics in the table below). If this is so, and if any of the members have it, please share with us.

Now for a description of the songs and the songs themselves ...
Devje
One of the MOST BEAUTIFUL ALBUM.

Why this movie is never broadcasted in SONY ,B4U or ZEE ?

Thank's SWARAPRIYA Ji
RajanCS
Thanks Swarapriya. I was missing 2 Lata solos - Joi to sune and Mohabbat ki Qiamat.

Regards,

Rajan
swarapriya
QUOTE(Devje @ May 17 2009, 07:49 AM) *

Why this movie is never broadcasted in SONY ,B4U or ZEE ?

Thank's SWARAPRIYA Ji

Devje,

I am hearing from you after a long long time. Indeed, it is one of Roshan's most beautiful albums. Please drop "ji" when you address me.

Cheers,
Swarapriya
swarapriya
QUOTE(RajanCS @ May 17 2009, 09:21 AM) *

Thanks Swarapriya. I was missing 2 Lata solos - Joi to sune and Mohabbat ki Qiamat.

Regards,

Rajan

You're very welcome Rajan. Cheers.
hildebrand
QUOTE(Devje @ May 17 2009, 08:19 PM) *

[b[Why this movie is never broadcasted in SONY ,B4U or ZEE ?[/b]

Thank's SWARAPRIYA Ji

Sab TRP Ka Khel hai Devji. In generals channels don't show B&W movies much unless its a real classic.
TV is a money making business. Entertainment ke saath education is a thing of the past.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.