Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Should I Go For New One?
Hamara Forums > General > Computing and Technology
yogihit
Hello All,
I have P4 - 40 GB HDD 1.8 GHz etc. etc. (Assembled in 2002)
right now i have no such problem with my PC , speed etc. (enough at home smile1.gif )
but surely @ HDD sad1.gif

I am confused about to buy a new laptop / PC OR wait for any new technology (Blue Ray DVD writers etc.) and price too smile1.gif
And right now have only HDD (0.5 TB or 1 TB)… uff again problem for internal HDD.. must buy USB HDD

Also can anybody tell me the websites, where we can see coming computer technology
(I know computer technology change hoti hi rahegi… fir bhi smile1.gif)

Thanks & Regards
Yogesh
simplefable
dear yogi.. i got a little story to tell . hope you enjoy it as much as i did.
I bought my first pc in '96 and i had to order a HD of 3 GB !! as it is not available then..everyone thought i had gone mad to buy a HD of that huge capacity ! laugh.gif
Cut it...in 2000 i bought another with 40 GB..all thought i was insane. laugh.gif
Then...2005, upgraded another 80 GB...
Come 2009, bought another PC with 500 GB !
Can you believe that i shelled out around Twelve thousand for 3 GB in 96? Now, i got 500 GB for 4500... Just shows how much everything evolves and goes into redundancy these days...
Dont worry ...just go and pick what you want. because you are going to enjoy every moment with your choice.. smile.gif
just my experience..
yogihit
At the end …..
I decided and I sold my P4 PC (7 years old) I got 2k RS (only for CPU) I kept my old Monitor (Samsung 17") Keyboard & Mouse..

Now I will go with AMD smile1.gif .. let’s see how it will work..

welcome for any suggestion on PC configuration..
Mandrake
AMD sometimes has driver compatibility issues for some softwares. Otherwise it is good. In dual core technology they are actually the first (but intel beat them to the market purely to be one up).
Is your monitor CRT or LCD? If CRT, you should upgrade. Apart from saving hugely on deskspace, it causes less eye-strain (but make sure that you keep the brightness acceptably low), and also saves on electricity bills.
I have a 22 inch Samsung. Lovely piece of technology.

I wonder why SF is so space hungry...500 GB hard-disk? Wow! I have 40 GB on my desktop and 160 GB on my laptop. The RIGHT thing is, DON'T LOAD THE COMP TOO MUCH. All your songs and videos / pix MUST be transferred to cds/dvds and a back-up of that too should be made.

Laptops are a pain in the sense they are not exactly easy to lug around. A typical 14" screen laptop with standard accessories in the laptop bag weighs between 3 to 5 kg. Smaller laptops are costlier and larger laptops are heavier.
Besides, till the battery life doesn't reach like 24-hours under heavy usage conditions, laptops aren't really laptops. If you have to keep an adapter connected all the time, it defeats the function of mobility.

Go for a cabinet that is large enough to allow circulation inside (to avoid overheating) - typically an ATX cabinet. At least some USB ports should be in the front. A bluetooth port may come in handy.
yogihit
thank you for good suggestion.. earlier I thought to assembled following configuration

ref: http://theitwares.com/index.htm
simplefable
QUOTE(Mandrake @ Aug 31 2009, 02:41 PM) *

I have a 22 inch Samsung. Lovely piece of technology.

rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif Great !! thinking of upgrading from my 19" one..

QUOTE(Mandrake @ Aug 31 2009, 02:41 PM) *

I wonder why SF is so space hungry...500 GB hard-disk?
All your songs and videos / pix MUST be transferred to cds/dvds and a back-up of that too should be made.

Drake, you got the question as well as the answer there.. laugh.gif
I am one big sloth..transfer the files to DVDs so erratically and any given time, there will be around ten films on my disc..not to mention about Music files ! sad.gif
As i love to watch films with subtitles, i make it a point to download them from net and watch them on System. But suggest that there should be multiple discs...will save lots of heart burn in case your disc fails..just keep OS on one partition and files in the other ..
Mandrake
When fitting 2 discs, make sure that the power supply is adequate. Standard SMPS may not always be able to take the load of 2 hard disks.
Also, ensure that preferably both hard disks have the same OS. If you have different OS, load the older one first.

Venkat, Take Backups!!! You are inviting a crash. Believe me.
simplefable
Drake...you said it ! sad.gif
Last month my disc went kaput...and i got a new one in replacement under warranty, but my files went..into oblivion. Dont even know the extent of damage till now...Promised myself that i should back up every week, without fail.. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.