here is one more..

Click to view attachment
Faraaj73
QUOTE(simplefable @ Oct 24 2009, 06:22 PM) *

Aditya..you said it ! smile.gif
Unbelievable that Marlon brando let his body go to seed.. sad.gif
here is one more..

Click to view attachment

Marnie with Tippi Hedren and Sean Connery in probably Hitch's last great film. Tippi (Melanie Griffith's mother) played a kleptomaniac and was the last of his famous icy blondes.

In real life, Hitchcock was obsessed with her and she was became increasingly uneasy. They never worked again but because she was tied in to a deal, he ruined her career. His behaviour towards her was definitely a low point in Hitchcock's career....
Bhavita
Thanks - this was new learning for me - that Tippi Hedren is Melanie Griffith's mother, and what hitchcock did to her career.....

I recently watched the movie The Birds (Alfred Hitchcock, based on Daphne Du Maurier's book) on DVD
simplefable
Bhavita..that is vintage Faraaj for you..he keeps on adding up so many interesting tibdits...the pleasure is reading his notes.. smile.gif

Here is one action flick...caught my interest while i was a kid..

Click to view attachment
Faraaj73
QUOTE(simplefable @ Oct 25 2009, 03:32 AM) *

Bhavita..that is vintage Faraaj for you..he keeps on adding up so many interesting tibdits...the pleasure is reading his notes.. smile.gif

Here is one action flick...caught my interest while i was a kid..

Click to view attachment

The Burglars caught a lot of kids interest including mine! There were some great car chase movies in the late 60s early 70s like Bullitt, French Connection, Burglars (with Omar Sharif and Jean-Paul Belmondo), Gone in 60 Seconds (the great original) and the king of the car chase movies Vanishing Point, which is in B-Movie expert Quentin Tarantino's list of top 10 greatest films....
simplefable
Wow..Faraaj, you know, we could have been in the same theatre !! smile.gif
Thought this would be a tough one.. smile.gif
Who can forget the scene where the car just falls apart after a furious and bumpy chase ?? laugh.gif

Here is one more..a beautiful film..

Click to view attachment
simplefable
hintzzz ?? Oscar winning film...starring Robert Duvall.. smile.gif
HumTum
Tender Mercies.. smile.gif
simplefable
HT bhai..!! Merci..merci !! laugh.gif
Lovely film...worth to be in a good collection. fell for Robert Duvall like a ton of bricks.. smile.gif

Here is one more.. an intriguing film ..a cliffhanger.. smile.gif

Click to view attachment
HumTum
James Stewart - Anatomy of a Murder ohmy.gif
simplefable
HT Bhai..Wow..that is fast !! smile.gif
Here is one more lovely film...

Click to view attachment
Aditya Pant
QUOTE(simplefable @ Oct 27 2009, 02:28 PM) *

HT Bhai..Wow..that is fast !! smile.gif
Here is one more lovely film...

On Golden Pond
simplefable
Aditya...that is right !! smile.gif
Here is one tough one...a heart warming story, nice cast...and the baby stole me.. smile.gif

Click to view attachment
Aditya Pant
QUOTE(simplefable @ Oct 28 2009, 05:19 PM) *

Aditya...that is right !! smile.gif
Here is one tough one...a heart warming story, nice cast...and the baby stole me.. smile.gif

Click to view attachment

Jack & Sarah
simplefable
Aaditya...say something about this film !!! smile.gif
I found this on TV by total accident ..when i was in US, ordered this dvd from netflixx and copied it..a la indian way.. laugh.gif
Faraaj73
QUOTE(HumTum @ Oct 27 2009, 07:48 PM) *

One of the greatest films ever made. Start from the poster which became a textbook example in film school, the groundbreaking language and adult themes in a mainstream film, superb jazz score by Duke Ellington, brilliant b/w photography, great adaptation of the novel (which I haven't yet read) and a great ensemble cast with scene stealers like James Stewart, George C Scott and Lee Remick battling neck to neck. A masterpiece!
HumTum
QUOTE(Faraaj73 @ Oct 29 2009, 02:31 PM) *
QUOTE(HumTum @ Oct 27 2009, 07:48 PM) *

One of the greatest films ever made. Start from the poster which became a textbook example in film school, the groundbreaking language and adult themes in a mainstream film, superb jazz score by Duke Ellington, brilliant b/w photography, great adaptation of the novel (which I haven't yet read) and a great ensemble cast with scene stealers like James Stewart, George C Scott and Lee Remick battling neck to neck. A masterpiece!

Faraaj! You will be one person I would enjoy meeting in Oz land if I ever come that way. You continue to amaze me. Sorry I couldn't help, but be vocal this time. biggrin.gif
simplefable
QUOTE(HumTum @ Oct 29 2009, 03:06 PM) *

Faraaj! You will be one person I would enjoy meeting in Oz land if I ever come that way. You continue to amaze me. Sorry I couldn't help, but be vocal this time. biggrin.gif

I echo your feelings HT bhai...and Faraaj even offered a nice aperitif.. wink.gif
simplefable
Here is one more classic.. smile.gif

Click to view attachment
Faraaj73
QUOTE(simplefable @ Oct 30 2009, 03:06 PM) *

Here is one more classic.. smile.gif

Click to view attachment

Billy Wilders courtroom classic Witness for the Prosecution. Your pic includes Tyrone Power and Marlene Dietrich but the real star of the piece Charles Laughton is missing. Probably his best performance. And his wife also gave a good performance as his nurse...
simplefable
Faraaj...that explains the chemistry between Laughton and his nurse ! It was amusing.. smile.gif

Here is one horror film..One from my childhood days..

Click to view attachment
HumTum
QUOTE(simplefable @ Oct 30 2009, 03:05 PM) *

Faraaj...that explains the chemistry between Laughton and his nurse ! It was amusing.. smile.gif

Here is one horror film..One from my childhood days..

Click to view attachment

Dr.Terrors - House of Horrors - Peter Cushing, Christopher Lee.
simplefable
HT Bhai !!!!!!!! Thought this was a tough nut to crack ! you must be a chipmunk in earlier life... laugh.gif

HumTum
The Amicus and the tag line of that productions was the cue. laugh.gif (Next time remember to mask that one too. wink.gif )
simplefable
Learnt a lesson ! sad.gif
tongue1.gif
simplefable
Here is one more film...from a versatile actor. I love the sound track of this film..as the opening scene pans out.........onto a beautiful landscape. smile.gif

Click to view attachment
Faraaj73
QUOTE(simplefable @ Oct 30 2009, 10:53 PM) *

Here is one more film...from a versatile actor. I love the sound track of this film..as the opening scene pans out.........onto a beautiful landscape. smile.gif

Click to view attachment

Honey I'm home!!! All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.... King told Kubrick on seeing the finished cut of the film that Mr Kubrick, you know nothing of horror films. To be fair to King, the film took massive liberties with the book...
Aditya Pant
QUOTE(Faraaj73 @ Oct 30 2009, 05:48 PM) *

Honey I'm home!!! All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.... King told Kubrick on seeing the finished cut of the film that Mr Kubrick, you know nothing of horror films. To be fair to King, the film took massive liberties with the book...

I haven't read the book, but I found the film very, very good. I watch the DVD once a month at least.

Aditya
simplefable

To be fair to King, the film took massive liberties with the book...

Faraaj..interesting..interesting. I never liked King's works for that matter. the only one i admired was..Misery. that is the only one i read.. smile.gif

QUOTE(Aditya Pant @ Oct 30 2009, 07:13 PM) *

I haven't read the book, but I found the film very, very good. I watch the DVD once a month at least.

Aditya..i watched the film only once...Riveting..though. The visuals were brilliant... smile.gif

Here is one more films i enjoyed watching...

Click to view attachment
Aditya Pant
Educating Rita..haven't seen the film but guessed it as probably the only film with Michael Caine in a beard
simplefable
Aditya...it is a wonderfully warm film. leaving the Oscars alone..what stands out is the way the lead actors play out their roles.. smile.gif One of my favorites..

Here is one more..an unusual film whose real star is not on the poster.. smile.gif

Click to view attachment
mmuk2004
That is Depp, (Sigh... Miss Diwani...) Gilbert Grape. Have not seen the film but have heard how touching Caprio's performance was.
mmuk2004
Just saw this one... I enjoy watching these elaborately made comedies of manners... the genius of the film is in how the director wrests a tragedy out of the melodrama.
simplefable
Madhavi..that is right. what is eating Gilbert Grape... smile.gif good to see you..
the star i told is ofcourse...Darlene Cates...the obese mother. She acted with such rare dignity..and aplomb... Worth watching !
simplefable
Here is one more ........

Click to view attachment
mmuk2004
The name escapes me... is it the same movie where they are a husband-wife pair and are into solving mysteries. If it is the same movie then they did a number of such films together.
mmuk2004
Aah...just remembered...Thin Man series.
Faraaj73
QUOTE(Aditya Pant @ Oct 31 2009, 12:43 AM) *

Aditya

Aditya

It is a great film. My quoting Stephen King was not meant to imply that I agreed with his comments. They are notorious for their shortsightedness.

The book was infact a disappointment after the film. Kubrick made some great judgement calls in departing from the book....but you know Kubrick became quite controversial after the movie for a number of reasons and that is possibly why he stopped appearing in public...there was apparently a point where after 90+ takes of one scene, Jack Nicholson just broke down and said "Mr Kubrick, what do you want?". People were also disgusted with his treatment of Shelley Duvall. He took all the credit for the film and even disparaged her, an actress who spent months of her life in scene after scene just crying....that can't be very easy to do!!!
simplefable
QUOTE(mmuk2004 @ Oct 31 2009, 12:36 AM) *

Madhavi..yes, it is the one. thoroughly enjoyable fare..smile.gif

Here is one more comedy..guaranteed for belly full of laughs..

Click to view attachment
Bhavita
Have seen the movie...Yes - Leonardo was great in this..
And Johnny Depp - i second your expression :-)

QUOTE(mmuk2004 @ Oct 30 2009, 11:07 PM) *

That is Depp, (Sigh... Miss Diwani...) Gilbert Grape. Have not seen the film but have heard how touching Caprio's performance was.

mmuk2004
QUOTE(simplefable @ Oct 31 2009, 12:15 AM) *

QUOTE(mmuk2004 @ Oct 31 2009, 12:36 AM) *

Madhavi..yes, it is the one. thoroughly enjoyable fare..smile.gif

Here is one more comedy..guaranteed for belly full of laughs..

Click to view attachment

Tom Hanks, Money Pit
mmuk2004
QUOTE(mmuk2004 @ Oct 30 2009, 12:41 PM) *

Just saw this one... I enjoy watching these elaborately made comedies of manners... the genius of the film is in how the director wrests a tragedy out of the melodrama.

Arre,

You guys have not answered this one... the picture ought to reveal the name of the movie... am attaching it again.
Bhavita
With Shelly long...
simplefable
QUOTE(mmuk2004 @ Oct 31 2009, 11:19 AM) *

You guys have not answered this one...

Madhavi...missed out this one..smile.gif Is it Donna Reed??
havent seen this film for sure.. blink.gif
mmuk2004
QUOTE(simplefable @ Oct 31 2009, 02:33 AM) *

QUOTE(mmuk2004 @ Oct 31 2009, 11:19 AM) *

You guys have not answered this one...

Madhavi...missed out this one..smile.gif Is it Donna Reed??
havent seen this film for sure.. blink.gif

A couple of hints... it is a French film, but the director of this movie made films in Hollywood too. A very famous director (not French) acted in the movie as the second male lead.
mmuk2004
Found a nice clear picture of the director who plays the lady's lover in the movie...

simplefable
raking my brains..and scouring the net.. laugh.gif
Faraaj73
QUOTE(mmuk2004 @ Oct 31 2009, 04:41 AM) *

I've seen this pic somewhere before....I'm sure I'll be kicking myself if I've seen the film and just got confused.....and the hints you gave should've been enough....
mmuk2004
Okay a couple more hints...

The title of the movie is in English.

The director who plays the lady's lover is Italian. You guys have got to know him. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.