Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who's The Artist 2
Hamara Forums > General > Games N' Puzzles
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
Aditya Pant
Reservoir Dogs...ripped off in Hindi as Kaante, which Quentin Tarantino had some good things to say about, especially the back stories that the Hindi version gave to the characters.

Aditya
simplefable
Yep..that is it.

Here is a film which went unnoticed by far..but was fairly good screen version of a fantastic novel.. smile.gif

Click to view attachment
Faraaj73
QUOTE(simplefable @ Oct 11 2009, 03:10 PM) *

Yep..that is it.

Here is a film which went unnoticed by far..but was fairly good screen version of a fantastic novel.. smile.gif

Click to view attachment

Is this the 1973 film Day of the Jackal based on the mind-blowing novel by Frederick Forsyth? What a book!!!
Aditya Pant
QUOTE(Faraaj73 @ Oct 11 2009, 01:37 PM) *

Is this the 1973 film Day of the Jackal based on the mind-blowing novel by Frederick Forsyth? What a book!!!

Yes, it is. And yes, what a book!!!!
Faraaj73
QUOTE(Aditya Pant @ Oct 11 2009, 07:13 PM) *

QUOTE(Faraaj73 @ Oct 11 2009, 01:37 PM) *

Yes, it is. And yes, what a book!!!!

biggrin.gif I invite you and Venkat/SF to Sydney....I keep being reminded of how much we have in common and could certainly enjoy a great evening together!!!
simplefable
I echo...what a book !! I was glued to it from start to finish..and when the film came to our theaters, i was the first to buy ticket..but very sparse crowds made me realize that people have different tastes.. laugh.gif
I found the film to be a faithful adaptation.. and Fox is just the man needed..
Faraaj, i do remember your generous invite..one day , i would . And yes, we are sure to enjoy every evening out there.. smile.gif

Here is one more beautiful film..a poignant one !

Click to view attachment
simplefable
Okay guys...here are two hints.. smile.gif
One..this one already featured in this thread, when i asked who the actor was...
Second..a plot to kill reinhardt heidrich..
HumTum
QUOTE(simplefable @ Oct 12 2009, 04:43 PM) *
I echo...what a book !! I was glued to it from start to finish..and when the film came to our theaters, i was the first to buy ticket..but very sparse crowds made me realize that people have different tastes.. laugh.gif
I found the film to be a faithful adaptation.. and Fox is just the man needed..
Faraaj, i do remember your generous invite..one day , i would . And yes, we are sure to enjoy every evening out there.. smile.gif

Here is one more beautiful film..a poignant one !

Click to view attachment

Operation Daybreak 1975. huh.gif
Faraaj73
QUOTE(simplefable @ Oct 13 2009, 01:50 PM) *

One..this one already featured in this thread, when i asked who the actor was...

SF

Operation Daybreak is on my radar and I still remember what you had to say about it. Certainly its on my list of films to see.....but with a change of job and a child on the way, both in October, I'm a little stressed!
simplefable
HT bhai...you are right on bull's eye !! smile.gif
Faraaj...Wow, this is a time to celebrate..not to stress out. Congrats !! shakehands.gif
Take out all those cartoon films and start with Jungle book..to celebrate life !! rolleyes.gif

Here is a classic..

Click to view attachment
Faraaj73
QUOTE(simplefable @ Oct 13 2009, 08:04 PM) *

HT bhai...you are right on bull's eye !! smile.gif
Faraaj...Wow, this is a time to celebrate..not to stress out. Congrats !! shakehands.gif
Take out all those cartoon films and start with Jungle book..to celebrate life !! rolleyes.gif

Here is a classic..

Click to view attachment

SF

Could this be Hitchcock's first US film - the brilliant Rebecca based on the equally brilliant Daphne du Maurier novel?
simplefable
Faraaj... that is right !! Novel is also equally enchanting..with the most famous opening lines in english literature.. ""Last night I dreamt I went to Manderley again".. smile.gif

Here is one more...an amazing film with fantastic editing..the stuff classics are made of..the entire story in one room .. smile.gif

Click to view attachment

Aditya Pant
QUOTE(simplefable @ Oct 16 2009, 02:19 PM) *

Faraaj... that is right !! Novel is also equally enchanting..with the most famous opening lines in english literature.. ""Last night I dreamt I went to Manderley again".. smile.gif

Here is one more...an amazing film with fantastic editing..the stuff classics are made of..the entire story in one room .. smile.gif

Click to view attachment

Remade into an equally compelling telefilm in Hindi by Basu Chatterji - Ek Ruka Hua Faisla.
hildebrand
QUOTE(Faraaj73 @ Oct 13 2009, 03:10 PM) *

QUOTE(simplefable @ Oct 13 2009, 01:50 PM) *

SF

Operation Daybreak is on my radar and I still remember what you had to say about it. Certainly its on my list of films to see.....but with a change of job and a child on the way, both in October, I'm a little stressed!

Congrats Faraaj bhai!
Your son must be thrilled.

simplefable
QUOTE(Aditya Pant @ Oct 16 2009, 03:17 PM) *

Remade into an equally compelling telefilm in Hindi by Basu Chatterji - Ek Ruka Hua Faisla.

Aditya...that is right. is ERHF a tele-film??? read that it is released in theaters too.... smile.gif
There is one more version of 12 angry men...telefilm starring Jack lemmon..and Lemmon did a fantastic job.
Here is one more unforgettable film..a comedy of epic proportions remade/ copied into every language !! a race of laughter..

Click to view attachment

Aditya Pant
QUOTE(simplefable @ Oct 17 2009, 12:23 AM) *

QUOTE(Aditya Pant @ Oct 16 2009, 03:17 PM) *

Aditya...that is right. is ERHF a tele-film??? read that it is released in theaters too.... smile.gif
There is one more version of 12 angry men...telefilm starring Jack lemmon..and Lemmon did a fantastic job.
Here is one more unforgettable film..a comedy of epic proportions remade/ copied into every language !! a race of laughter..

Maybe it was not made as a telefilm, but I'm quite sure it did not get a theatrical release at that time.

and this one...its a mad mad mad world!
simplefable
Aditya....thats right..!! smile.gif
Here is one more comedy..

Click to view attachment
Aditya Pant
QUOTE(simplefable @ Oct 17 2009, 10:19 AM) *

Aditya....thats right..!! smile.gif
Here is one more comedy..

Click to view attachment

Silent Movie, I love the goofiness of this film.
simplefable
Wow..that is all of eight minutes !! laugh.gif
Yes, i love the film...and the way the stars appear in cameo roles make it more delectable.. smile.gif

Here is one lovely film...

Click to view attachment
Faraaj73
QUOTE(simplefable @ Oct 17 2009, 03:15 PM) *

Here is one lovely film...

Click to view attachment

We've just been introduced
I do not know you well
But when the music started something drew me to your side
So many men and girls are in each others arms
It made me think we might be similarly occupied

Shall we dance, on a bright cloud of music
Shall we fly
Shall we dance
Shall we then say goodnight and mean goodbye
Or per chance, when the last little star has left the sky
Shall we still be together with our arms about each other
And shall you be my new romance
On the clear understanding that this kind of thing can happen
Shall we dance, shall we dance, shall we dance
simplefable
Faraaj..i love the way you answer Qs...they are always a pleasure to read ! It is indeed the film " The king and I"...... smile.gif

Here is one more.. starring the sizzling heroine..

Click to view attachment
Bhavita

The King and I - a lovely movie - Yul Brunner (have I got the spelling right). Later got made again as
Anna and the King with Jodie Foster...
Faraaj73
QUOTE(Bhavita @ Oct 18 2009, 04:48 PM) *

The King and I - a lovely movie - Yul Brunner (have I got the spelling right). Later got made again as
Anna and the King with Jodie Foster...

Bhavita

Good to see you participating.

Yul Brynner (of Eastern Russian origin) starred in the Broadway production and then the movie. Christopher Lee later reprised the role on Broadway. The King and I is based on a true story, and was actually Version #2, with an earlier non-musical version in the 30s. The Chow Yun Fat-Jodie Foster version, which I haven't seen and don't plan to, is the least successful or critically acclaimed of the three versions...
Bhavita
Thanks, Faraaz. I have been following this thread for some time now, wish I could be online more often.

As regards Anna and the King - I am sure it wasnt critically acclaimed. And I agree it was no match to the original King and I. Remakes never are smile1.gif - it was just a mention....
simplefable
Bhavita..thanks for visiting.. smile.gif
It seems the sultry siren was forgotten...or someone needs a hint ? tongue1.gif
Okay, Don Murray was nominated for best supporting actor ..Oscar. from this film...
Aditya Pant
QUOTE(simplefable @ Oct 20 2009, 10:02 AM) *

Bhavita..thanks for visiting.. smile.gif
It seems the sultry siren was forgotten...or someone needs a hint ? tongue1.gif
Okay, Don Murray was nominated for best supporting actor ..Oscar. from this film...

Oops, I missed that one. No hint was required. It's Bus Stop.
simplefable
Yep.it is Bus stop. It is so absorbing even now..i saw it very recently.. smile.gif

Here is one foreign film...a lovely one at that..

Click to view attachment
hildebrand
Amelie?
simplefable
HB..that is right.. smile.gif
Enjoyed the film immensely...

Here is one comedy of absurd proportions..

Click to view attachment
Aditya Pant
QUOTE(simplefable @ Oct 21 2009, 07:08 AM) *

HB..that is right.. smile.gif
Enjoyed the film immensely...

Here is one comedy of absurd proportions..

The Gods must be crazy.
simplefable
Aditya..that is right. a surprise package, am sure...enjoyed it thoroughly...the second one was good too..after that, they are all forgettable overkills.. smile.gif
Here is one gripping film..which brought the best supporting actress award...it was a novel too..

Click to view attachment
Aditya Pant
QUOTE(simplefable @ Oct 21 2009, 08:57 AM) *

Aditya..that is right. a surprise package, am sure...enjoyed it thoroughly...the second one was good too..after that, they are all forgettable overkills.. smile.gif
Here is one gripping film..which brought the best supporting actress award...it was a novel too..

Click to view attachment

This is MISERY. Kathy Bates got the best actress oscar (not supporting actress) for this one.
simplefable
Aditya..i stand corrected. But what a performance !! Chilling to the core.. smile.gif

Here is one film...which i remember not only for Devito...but for a veteran gentleman actor who essayed a great speech in the climax...

Click to view attachment
simplefable
Okay..the gentleman actor is Gregory Peck.. smile.gif
Bhavita
i remember the speech. Other People's money
simplefable
Bhavita...that is right ! a tough Q i guess...i enjoyed the film immensely and the star cast was perfect...Gregory peck brings a rare dignity and bearing to the role he essayed...that of a man who believed and worked for a community.. strongly recommend for anyone who enjoys a good flick.. smile.gif
Here is one film which took my imagination while i was a kid...there were no computer graphics then !! Even today the film is extremely watchable..starring some of the finest stars in Hollywood..a mythological gem !!

Click to view attachment
HumTum
QUOTE(simplefable @ Oct 23 2009, 09:44 PM) *
Bhavita...that is right ! a tough Q i guess...i enjoyed the film immensely and the star cast was perfect...Gregory peck brings a rare dignity and bearing to the role he essayed...that of a man who believed and worked for a community.. strongly recommend for anyone who enjoys a good flick.. smile.gif
Here is one film which took my imagination while i was a kid...there were no computer graphics then !! Even today the film is extremely watchable..starring some of the finest stars in Hollywood..a mythological gem !!

Click to view attachment

SF bhai - Clash of the titans. smile.gif
simplefable
HT bhai !!!!! my Q lasted all of TEN minutes.. laugh.gif

Okay..here comes a wildlife film .. smile.gif

Click to view attachment
HumTum
Hatari! ohmy.gif
simplefable
Yep....you hit the bulls eye !! smile.gif
Here is one more starring the most handsome of them all..with the most vivacious of them all.. wink.gif
the hint ?? it is on the top right hand corner..

Click to view attachment
HumTum
Torn Curtain 1966 - Julie Andrews and Paul Newman!
Bhavita
Is that Paul Newman? Dont know this one
Bhavita
I was right about the actor. Did not realise that was Julie Andrews

Saw HT's answer after my reply
simplefable
Torn Curtain..it is. though not a master piece of Hitchcock...i enjoyed for the sheer star value...both looked perfect together .. smile.gif

Here is one more..a crime drama with fine twist in the end..

Click to view attachment
Bhavita
Jack Nicholson. Postman always rings twice
hildebrand
The Postman Always Rings Twice(1981)!
Faraaj73
QUOTE(hildebrand @ Oct 24 2009, 04:09 AM) *

The Postman Always Rings Twice(1981)!

That's right. The James M. Cain novel's been filmed at least three times. An early Italian version, the brilliant 1946 noir version and the fairly explicit 1981 remake with the famous 'kitchen table' scene. I loved both the b/w versions but admit that Nicholson also brought fresh ideas in the remake....
simplefable
Bhavita, HB, Faraaj..that is right. smile.gif
Here is one more heart warming film...

Click to view attachment
Aditya Pant
QUOTE(simplefable @ Oct 24 2009, 07:44 AM) *

Bhavita, HB, Faraaj..that is right. smile.gif
Here is one more heart warming film...

Born Free
simplefable
Yep..Aditya. that is it. This film never bores me... smile.gif

Here is one more...

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.