Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Family Tree
Hamara Forums > Legends > Geeta Dutt
parag_sankla
Sometime back, this work-in-progress "Family Tree" was posted on HF

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?s=&a...st&p=141967

Requesting help from knowledgeable members to correct/complete the same.

Thanks
Parag
hildebrand
Delete Kanu Roy first!

Geeta ji's mother's name is Amiya. One of the sister's name is Lakshmi (married to Pramod Chakravarthy the producer?)
I vaguely recall name of one more brother being mentioned in biography in Part 1.
You can check that up and add it. Nina's husbands name Mr Memon should be available in the post we put earlier with interview of Neena in one of the threads.
parag_sankla
Thanks for your inputs HB. Does any one have MS Visio? So we can keep updating it easliy.

hildebrand
QUOTE(parag_sankla @ Apr 24 2009, 07:43 PM) *

Thanks for your inputs HB. Does any one have MS Visio? So we can keep updating it easliy.

There's a better free software called Dia available for this job.
This is page of the software: http://live.gnome.org/Dia

Its easy to use. Its natively available on Linux as well as windows from the above site.
Its even available for Mac OS X through darwinports (http://dia.darwinports.com/)

Its quite easy to use as well and can be exported to jpeg and host of other formats.
parag_sankla
Thanks for the link HB. I am downloading the Dia software now.

Regards
Parag
hildebrand
QUOTE(parag_sankla @ Apr 25 2009, 10:09 AM) *

Thanks for the link HB. I am downloading the Dia software now.

Regards
Parag

You are most welcome Parag.
Its quite a useful software for block diagrams and figures.
parag_sankla
Here is my attempt at making the first draft of the family tree (still work in progress) using the software Dia.

yogihit
parag
plz upload updated full family tree..& upload Pic.. i want it!!
hildebrand
QUOTE(yogihit @ May 7 2009, 11:38 AM) *

parag
plz upload updated full family tree..& upload Pic.. i want it!!

Yogesh
We don't have information about the full family tree ourselves! We are requesting members to help complete it.
yogihit
ohh.. sad1.gif

can i above (first) pic? i think need some correction Kanu roy and mother name etc..
if corrected pic upload i will very thankful

Regards
Yogesh
parag_sankla
Yogesh

I will be trying to work on this family tree this weekend. Hopefully you will see a much better pic then. BTW, Kanu Roy is not her brother.

Regards
Parag
hildebrand
Haimanti ji the author of Geeta Dutt: The Skylark on our request got in touch with Geeta ji's youngest sister Amrita and has helped us complete the family tree. It is attached for your reference.
The siblings are placed in order of their birth and their nick names if any are placed in brackets. In all they were eight siblings, five brothers and three sisters.

The sister Lokkhi was attributed as Laxmi Roy in her song in Sailaab which we are looking for and was married to film maker Pramod Chakravarthy. (I don't know if she's still alive).

Haimanti ji also told that the eldest surviving sibling Mukul Roy is ill. We wish Mukulda a speedy recovery.

She also told that Geeta ji's brother Pavitra (Bishu) was a tabla player and was the one who used to normally accompany Geeta ji in functions. He worked for Air India. He was the first of the siblings to pass away. The two eldermost brothers are also no more.

She also told that Milan Roy Chaudhary the youngest brother lives in USA (Kansas) and was sent to the USA by Geeta ji only. smile.gif

The youngest sister Amrita lives in Nasik like Mukulda.

Heartiest thanks to Amrita ji for all the information and Haimanti ji for conveying it.
parag_sankla
HB

Can not thank you enough for what you have done. When you look at the previous posts, you will realize that an attempt was being made to prepare this family tree for a very long time. Our member late Bappa had also got in touch with Milan Roy Choudhury ji, but somehow lost that contact information. What you have done is simply great!

All thanks to Amrita ji, for remembering all this information at her age. On top of the age factor, very recently she lost her husband. In spite of such personal tragedy, she helped us with this information.

All thanks to Haimanti ji, for putting this information together and promptly passing on to us. She is an Angel in true sense.

And finally, once again, a million thanks to you HB for putting the information in the most convenient way to understand and visualize.

Best Regards
Parag
rashmi mehta
what treasure u all r collecting is simply .............

d most precious!

parag_sankla
Aug 24 2005 was the date when Pradeep ji had posted the very first version of the family tree. It took us about 4 years to complete this family tree. Its all due to HB, who got the contact information of Haimanti ji.

This proves that patience pays!

Cheers
Parag
hildebrand
QUOTE(parag_sankla @ Jun 27 2009, 08:49 PM) *

Aug 24 2005 was the date when Pradeep ji had posted the very first version of the family tree. It took us about 4 years to complete this family tree. Its all due to HB, who got the contact information of Haimanti ji.

This proves that patience pays!

Cheers
Parag

I'm just a small piece in the scheme of things. Its probably our guiding angel Geeta ji (the one who makes us sometimes laugh and sometimes sad effortlessly) who has led our hands in the right directions. smile.gif
Hope the same shall lead us to more better things.
Thanks once again to Amrita ji and Haimanti ji for the information. May God give you both a long fulfilling life.
parag_sankla
Your posts always put a smile on my face. Of course how could we forget Geeta ji, the singer with the golden voice and a heart of gold.

Parag
smahesh
QUOTE(hildebrand @ Jun 27 2009, 12:35 PM) *

Haimanti ji the author of Geeta Dutt: The Skylark on our request got in touch with Geeta ji's youngest sister Amrita and has helped us complete the family tree. It is attached for your reference.
The siblings are placed in order of their birth and their nick names if any are placed in brackets. In all they were eight siblings, five brothers and three sisters.

The sister Lokkhi was attributed as Laxmi Roy in her song in Sailaab which we are looking for and was married to film maker Pramod Chakravarthy. (I don't know if she's still alive).

Haimanti ji also told that the eldest surviving sibling Mukul Roy is ill. We wish Mukulda a speedy recovery.

She also told that Geeta ji's brother Pavitra (Bishu) was a tabla player and was the one who used to normally accompany Geeta ji in functions. He worked for Air India. He was the first of the siblings to pass away. The two eldermost brothers are also no more.

She also told that Milan Roy Chaudhary the youngest brother lives in USA (Kansas) and was sent to the USA by Geeta ji only. smile.gif

The youngest sister Amrita lives in Nasik like Mukulda.

Heartiest thanks to Amrita ji for all the information and Haimanti ji for conveying it.

hb,
a million thanks for completing the family tree.
did haimantiji give you contact number of amritaji.
regards,
mahesh
hildebrand
QUOTE(parag_sankla @ Jun 28 2009, 10:39 AM) *

Your posts always put a smile on my face. Of course how could we forget Geeta ji, the singer with the golden voice and a heart of gold.

Parag

The Golden Nightingale!
hildebrand
QUOTE(smahesh @ Jun 28 2009, 11:17 AM) *

hb,
a million thanks for completing the family tree.
did haimantiji give you contact number of amritaji.
regards,
mahesh

You are most welcome mahesh ji.
No, she did not give me the contact number of amrita ji.
parag_sankla
Hopefully we can get the contact info of Milan Roy Choudhury ji soon. That might lead us to a lot information about Geeta ji.

Mahesh, yes, HB has done a commendable job in completing the family tree.

Best Regards
Parag
parag_sankla
Let us hope we can add some more details on the rest of the brothers and sisters.

parag_sankla
Once again big bunch of thanks to Amrita ji, Haimanti ji and our friend HB for making this possible.

And to top it all, you have used a free software like Dia ..truly hats off to you HB!

Cheers
Parag
yogihit
gr8 !!!

no words smile1.gif

yogi
hildebrand
QUOTE(parag_sankla @ Jun 28 2009, 11:11 PM) *

Let us hope we can add some more details on the rest of the brothers and sisters.

There aren't any other brothers/sisters. I confirmed from Haimanti ji. Eight kids in all.

yes dia is one of the best free softwares around. smile1.gif
parag_sankla
QUOTE(hildebrand @ Jul 3 2009, 12:45 PM) *

QUOTE(parag_sankla @ Jun 28 2009, 11:11 PM) *

There aren't any other brothers/sisters. I confirmed from Haimanti ji. Eight kids in all.

yes dia is one of the best free softwares around. smile1.gif

Oops..I meant to say any other details about these brothers and sisters, like their children etc.

hildebrand
No other details were discussed with Amrita ji by Haimanti ji since we had specifically requested for the name details of siblings. Thats of relevance for us after all.
parag_sankla
Ok, so for all purposes we have got all what we want. Again thanks to Amrita ji, Haimanti ji and our good guy HB.

Cheers
Parag
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.