Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Today Picture
Hamara Forums > Legends > Legendary Singers > Shamshad Begum
surhall

sangeet ka safar have very new picture as today

dhall
surhall
New Delhi, Jan 30 (UNI) Shamshad Begum, the playback singer who was the reigning queen of song addicts' hearts, has never been saddened over the fact that music directors whose careers she aided in creating, cold-shouldered her after achieving the pinnacle of success.

An announcement was finally made on Republic Day to confer the Padma Bhushan on the lady who bade goodbye to tinsel town about four decades back and is leading a quiet life at her home in Mumbai's Powai suburb. The 90-year-old is to also receive the O P Nayyar Award for her notable contribution to playback singing.

She declined to accept the Rs 25,000 cash component of the latter honour and expressed a desire that the sum be spent on religious works.
dhall
hildebrand
Nice post. She's down to earth as always donating money for religious purposes. May god bless her with long life.
Are any photos available of the Padma Bhushan Ceremony?
maheshks
new picture.
maheshks
two more

surhall

maheshks ji bhut khub dil kush hua
dhall
hildebrand
QUOTE(surhall @ Aug 10 2009, 05:01 AM) *

dhall

My sentiments exactly dhall ji.
Thanks mahesh ji.
shashankchickermane72
QUOTE(hildebrand @ Sep 22 2009, 12:18 AM) *

QUOTE(surhall @ Aug 10 2009, 05:01 AM) *

dhall

My sentiments exactly dhall ji.
Thanks mahesh ji.

Just see this photo from my collection.
hildebrand
Interesting post Shashank. It appears to be a late 60s photograph. Seeing it for the first time!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.