Trying to remember from one old post of mine about the songs.....

I like to revisit Amit Kumar's songs, whenever I am in a certain mood. This time thought of recollecting memories of an album, which I do now own and heard long time back.

Mehjabeen ( 2002 ? ) - Hindi

Mehjabeen Title - What superb arabic-music blend !! Just that Reema's voice should have been replaced by somebody else's. A perfect song for today's times.

Akela Hoon Magar - Heavenly singing !! Guitar accompaniment throughout the song is noteworthy.Amit da recorded later the same song, in bengali ,in the 2004 album : Porichoy ( Aaj Keno Mone Hoye ).

Tan Mein Agan - Prelude will slap any so called "grand" music of recent times. Ahead of its times for sure. Tune of the antaras , is quite different and difficult. I see so many ARRehman songs in this one :-) ( much before ARR started composing these grand musically-rich songs )

Kya Kahoon Jaane Kyon - One of my most fav "judaai" songs. Love to hear it in solitude. The mukhda is better sung than the antaras.

Pal Bhar Mein Ye - Some FANTASTIC Latin-american beats, the kind that is never heard by me in Hindi music. The body automatically starts shaking and wanting to dance ( especially the antaras ). When it comes to fast beat songs, there is nobody to beat Amit Kumar.

Gori Zara Rotiyaan Sunoji Mori Mori !! Song starts and takes me to a pahaadi "gaanv" ka mela where people are gathered around the two singers. It is so invigorating. Reemaji also gives a decent 'saath' to Amit da.

Tere Bina O Haseena - What energy !!! Again a fast paced song which would do a DHOOM if used in current style of film-music. It was later sung by Amit and Reema ( the hindi version was a solo and thank god for that wink2.gif ) again in the Bengali album of 2004, Porichoy ( Nisha Nisha Aaj Raate )

The lyrics of all songs, IIRC were by Leena Chandavarkar.

Some Pune based friend of Amit da had financed the project. Sad that there were no takers from big music houses.

I really wish that the songs get released in some form. I forgot the Audio CD ( that Amit da gave me ) in the rent a car that I had returned after use !! Wonder if the next person enjoyed it or just threw it away !! No chance to get it again now sad1.gif