Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Prema Lekhalu (1953)
Hamara Forums > Music > Regional Music > Telugu
swarapriya
Prema Lekhalu (1953)

You can access these songs at the following path:

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...pid=553583&

simplefable
SP..the songs are done so nicely in Telugu. some of them became so popular also...like Panditlo pellavutunnadi..of Jikki. But i never happened to see the movie...or it's VCD anywhere. Do you have any idea as to whether the film was released or just the album was made?? I know it should have been a straight dubbed version... Thanks a lot. smile.gif
swarapriya
QUOTE(simplefable @ Dec 3 2008, 05:15 PM) *

SP..the songs are done so nicely in Telugu. some of them became so popular also...like Panditlo pellavutunnadi..of Jikki. But i never happened to see the movie...or it's VCD anywhere. Do you have any idea as to whether the film was released or just the album was made?? I know it should have been a straight dubbed version... Thanks a lot. smile.gif

Hello SF,

The movie was released. I have seen the Telugu version as well as the original Hindi version. I am not sure whether a DVD of the Telugu version is available or not. I haven't run across my searches for it. By the way Jikki (whose full name was G. Krishnaveni) later married A.M. Raja who sang for Mukesh in Telugu.

Cheers,
Swarapriya
simplefable
SP..oh, nice that you have seen the telugu version too. smile.gif
yes, i know about Jikki and AM Raja. Actually i was doing my engineering when AM Raja passed away in a train accident. He slipped from a moving train and was crushed to death.. sad.gif
Jikki passed away a couple of years before...due to cancer. Truly a talented couple..
simplefable
Just wanted to add some info...

I was reading this books " cine mini kaburlu" by Aarudra. He talked about making Aah at a time in three languages, Hindi, telugu and tamil. The songs were also recorded at a time in Mumbai. Aarudra went for the recordings with SJ. He says that Mukesh and Lata sang in telugu !! But that Raj Kapoor, the perfectionist sent them for evaluations and found that they are not up the mark...and on suggestions by Aarudra made AM Raja and Jikki sing the songs. It would be wonderful to hear Mukesh sing in Telugu !
Aarudra even said that Lata got miffed at this decision to change her..and proclaimed to Aarudra that one day she will do a concert in South and get their approvals too ! Aarudra says that she could have done, given her hardworking nature..if not for the fact that she got too busy .. smile.gif
swarapriya
QUOTE(simplefable @ May 6 2009, 06:04 PM) *

Just wanted to add some info...

I was reading this books " cine mini kaburlu" by Aarudra. He talked about making Aah at a time in three languages, Hindi, telugu and tamil. The songs were also recorded at a time in Mumbai. Aarudra went for the recordings with SJ. He says that Mukesh and Lata sang in telugu !! But that Raj Kapoor, the perfectionist sent them for evaluations and found that they are not up the mark...and on suggestions by Aarudra made AM Raja and Jikki sing the songs. It would be wonderful to hear Mukesh sing in Telugu !
Aarudra even said that Lata got miffed at this decision to change her..and proclaimed to Aarudra that one day she will do a concert in South and get their approvals too ! Aarudra says that she could have done, given her hardworking nature..if not for the fact that she got too busy .. smile.gif

SF, thanks for sharing this interesting anecdote. Cheers.
Abdur Rehman
Request friends to kindly re-upload the album please.
swarapriya
QUOTE(Abdur Rehman @ Jan 25 2010, 12:59 AM) *

Request friends to kindly re-upload the album please.

AR, I was going to upload these songs in my "Nargis" thread. But that will take a few weeks. If you're in a hurry, please let me know. I will be happy to oblige. Cheers. -S
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.