Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Query And Request Regarding "pyaasa" Song
Hamara Forums > Legends > Geeta Dutt
abhayp
I have two versions of the "Pyaasa" song:

Version 1 - from the film soundtrack, which has the prelude ("sakhii rii, birahaa ke dukha.De sah sah kar...") and where the first stanza is the one starting with "ka_ii jug se jaage more nain abhaage..."; and

Version 2 - which I presume is the 78 rpm record, that does not have the prelude and where the first stanza is the one starting "kiye laakh jatan more man kii tapan...".

Both have "mohe apanaa banaa lo..." as the second stanza.

My query: is there a version of the song that has the prelude and all three stanzas, or - at the least - all three stanzas without the prelude?

Now the request - actually, 2 requests:

1. If a 3-stanza recording (with/sans prelude) does exist, would someone please upload it here?

2. Regardless of whether the 3-stanza version exists, would someone please upload the 78 rpm version (the second version referred to above)? I have only a low-res mp3 of this version and would be grateful for a good copy.

Thanks and warm regards,
Abhay
parag_sankla
Dear Abhay

On my PC, I found 8 different files for this song with varying durations and bit-rates. I have put all of them in a zip file and sent you the link by email (coz Rapidshare now allows only 10 downloads). You might want to check these files and identify the film version and 78 rpm record version. Then you (or if you want I) can upload these here on HF for every one.

biggrin.gif

Cheers
Parag
abhayp
QUOTE(parag_sankla @ Nov 29 2008, 05:19 AM) *

Dear Abhay

On my PC, I found 8 different files for this song with varying durations and bit-rates. I have put all of them in a zip file and sent you the link by email (coz Rapidshare now allows only 10 downloads). You might want to check these files and identify the film version and 78 rpm record version. Then you (or if you want I) can upload these here on HF for every one.

biggrin.gif

Cheers
Parag

Thanks, Parag! I have downloaded the file but will need some time to check out all the versions.

Warm regards,
Abhay
parag_sankla
QUOTE(abhayp @ Nov 29 2008, 11:42 AM) *

QUOTE(parag_sankla @ Nov 29 2008, 05:19 AM) *

Dear Abhay

biggrin.gif

Cheers
Parag

Thanks, Parag! I have downloaded the file but will need some time to check out all the versions.

Warm regards,
Abhay

Sure Abhay. Thanks for the interest shown in this lovely song

smile.gif

Cheers
Parag
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.