Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
simplefable
QUOTE(HumTum @ Dec 5 2008, 12:19 AM) *

QUOTE(simplefable @ Dec 5 2008, 12:06 AM) *
I wouldnt spoil it for Exon.. laugh.gif
But what a lift..straight from SDB !! smile.gif

Click to view attachment

Oh..Mere bhool thi... laugh.gif
but dont you think that the hand of the Senior is in this perennial melody??
HumTum
QUOTE(simplefable @ Dec 5 2008, 09:03 AM) *
QUOTE(HumTum @ Dec 5 2008, 12:19 AM) *

QUOTE(simplefable @ Dec 5 2008, 12:06 AM) *
I wouldnt spoil it for Exon.. laugh.gif
But what a lift..straight from SDB !! smile.gif

Click to view attachment

Oh..Mere bhool thi... laugh.gif
but dont you think that the hand of the Senior is in this perennial melody??

Shh.. don't let the cat out of the bag SF bhai. huh.gif
HumTum
Found another one! From the same movie (that is the tamil one).. This time the copying patterns is directed towards Laxmikant-Pyaralel composed number. wub.gif sung by my favourite singer. cool.gif

Ethirigal Jakkiradhai (Beware of Enemies) 1967 --- music by Veda --- lyrics by Kannadasan

Ennukkoraasai ippodu unnakkadai solluven (I have a wish and I intend telling you... )

128 kbps --- duration 3.54 minutes

Click to view attachment
HumTum
Found another one! From the same movie (that is the tamil one).. This time the copying patterns is directed towards Laxmikant-Pyaralel composed number. wub.gif sung by my favourite singer. cool.gif

Ethirigal Jakkiradhai (Beware of Enemies) 1967 --- music by Veda --- lyrics by Kannadasan

Ennukkoraasai ippodu unnakkadai solluven (I have a wish and I intend telling you... )

128 kbps --- duration 3.54 minutes

Click to view attachment
HumTum
Post got posted twice! ohmy.gif Now which one should I delete?
simplefable
HT bhai..dont think it matters what you remove. let it stay..doesnt matter. smile.gif
Now..this song stumped me.. even with the visible clue you gave.. laugh.gif
HumTum
You couldn't get that? sleep.gif

Listen online to that one then..

Song no. 4 on this Page
HumTum
Found another one. sigh.gif

Idaiyathai thirudaathey (Don't steal the heart) --- SPB and Chitra.

128 kbps --- duration 6.01 minutes

Click to view attachment

venkat
One of my great favorite Tamil songs is this one from Film:Bhale Pandya-1965, sung by TMS, PS, PBS and JR!
The song is:"Athhikkai Kai Kai Alankai Vennelave" The MD is Viswanathan Ramamurthy.

Picturised on Shivaji and my great favorite Beauty, Devika. smile.gif

Duration:04:31

Click to view attachment

Enjoy

Venkat

HumTum
QUOTE(venkat @ Dec 6 2008, 06:50 PM) *
One of my great favorite Tamil songs is this one from Film:Bhale Pandya-1965, sung by TMS, PS, PBS and JR!
The song is:"Athhikkai Kai Kai Alankai Vennelave" The MD is Viswanathan Ramamurthy.

Picturised on Shivaji and my great favorite Beauty, Devika. smile.gif - two others with them are Balaji and Vasanti(?)

Click to view attachment

Enjoy

Venkat

Great choice Venkat bhai. wub.gif

Love the lyrics of this song.. Kannadasan at his best!

Here's the video..

venkat
QUOTE(HumTum @ Dec 6 2008, 11:43 PM) *

QUOTE(venkat @ Dec 6 2008, 06:50 PM) *

Picturised on Shivaji and my great favorite Beauty, Devika. smile.gif - two others with them are Balaji and Vasanti(?)

Click to view attachment

Enjoy

Venkat

Great choice Venkat bhai. wub.gif

Love the lyrics of this song.. Kannadasan at his best!

Here's the video..

This Viswanathan Ramamurthy have some great songs to 'their' credit even in Telugu, most of which are, of course, based on 'their' own original Tamil tunes.

Baalu Sir is a great admirer of M.S.Viswanathan of this duo. Baalu once said that the other Ramamurthy is just an add-on! It seems that AVM's Meyappan or someone else had recommended to Viswanathan to take this Ramamurthy with him. Viswanathan faithfully complied, though this Ramamurthy's role and presence had, by and large, been just nominal.

Open to correction.

Venkat
HumTum
Who is Baalu Sir, Venkat bhai? unsure.gif
venkat
QUOTE(HumTum @ Dec 7 2008, 09:18 AM) *

Who is Baalu Sir, Venkat bhai? unsure.gif

Oh Baalu Sir? He is a legend South Indian singer of all four southern languages and even Hindi.! biggrin.gif
HumTum
Oh! SPB laugh.gif rotate1.gif
HumTum
This is a lovely duet with PBS and P Susheela from Kalaikovil (Temple of Art) 1964 --- music by Vishwanathan-Ramamurthy

Naan unnai serntha selvam ...

128 kbps --- duration 3.39 minutes

(picturised on Muthuraman and Chandrakanta)

Click to view attachment
simplefable
Although i love the songs from fifties onwards...some of these songs from Eighties, when the three Rajas were at their peak ...( Bharati Raja, Ilaya Raja, Bhagya Raja ) ..produced some of the finest songs..I used to watch these films in theatre..even though i couldnt understand a word of the language.. laugh.gif
Here is one beautiful song..when i hear this song, what i remember is the peace and tranquility on a country side, which no one around except "mon petit frau"...breeze across humid paddy fields...etc..etc.. Now, good music produces poetry too... laugh.gif

Von meghangale..
Pudiya Vaarpugal
Ilaya Raja

http://www.4shared.com/file/75417850/41455..._Megangale.html

incidentally this film is the first for Rati Agnihotri..
HT bhai..thanks a lot for the song..just loved it. smile.gif
HumTum
O yes puthiya vaarpugal.. laugh.gif and not to forget the lecherous Goundamani! wink.gif
simplefable
yesss.....creepy fellow. smile.gif
Village belle, school master...evil village headman...We got it all, so convincingly. Actually it is my favorite topic...take Madhumati for instance...i just love it.. laugh.gif
HumTum
QUOTE(simplefable @ Dec 11 2008, 07:51 AM) *
yesss.....creepy fellow. smile.gif
Village belle, school master...evil village headman...We got it all, so convincingly. Actually it is my favorite topic...take Madhumati for instance...i just love it.. laugh.gif

Same here. I could do a thesis on the wicked villains of our movies and the comedy that goes with them.. laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
HumTum
Venkat bhai(s) - this one for you guys to guess. This movie was made in Telugu too! Jikki had sung in Telugu too.

Engal Veetu Mahalaxmi(Goddess of wealth of our house) --- music by Master Venu --- lyrics Udumalai Narayana Kavi

128 kbps --- duration 3.25 minutes

(sung here by S C Krishnan and Jikki )

Mannai nambi maramirrikku

Click to view attachment
simplefable
Here is the telugu counterpart...as i see it. sung by Pithapuram Nageswara Rao...from the film...Maa inti mahalakshmi..music by Aswadhama.

http://www.4shared.com/file/75451111/8d146...GAswathama.html

Just check it and let me know... smile.gif
HumTum
QUOTE(simplefable @ Dec 11 2008, 02:44 PM) *
Here is the telugu counterpart...as i see it. sung by Pithapuram Nageswara Rao...from the film...Maa inti mahalakshmi..music by Aswadhama.

http://www.4shared.com/file/75451111/8d146...GAswathama.html

Just check it and let me know... smile.gif

Ayyo lethandi .. theenulu choodandi!

http://www.telugufm.com/modules/music/Movi....aspx?MID=10316

Nee Shoku Choodakunda
M Sathyam, Jikki

(Both movies were made together! ) huh.gif
simplefable
HT bhai..kya bhole?? bow.gif bow.gif
HumTum
QUOTE(simplefable @ Dec 11 2008, 04:49 PM) *
HT bhai..kya bhole?? bow.gif bow.gif

unsure.gif Yeh namaskaar kis liye?
simplefable
HT Bhai..for the knowledge.. smile.gif
Thodikodallu is my fav. movie..yet didnt recall that song !!! was carried away with the title....
HumTum
This is another of my favourite -- the song makes you picturise a simple village scene.. wub.gif

Thamaraappoo kolzhathiley (in the lotus pond...) --- Muradan Muthu (Ruffian Muthu) 1964 --- Music By T G Lingappa --- Lyrics by Kannadasan

TMS and P Susheela wub.gif

128 kbps --- duration 3.20 minutes.

(Movie directed and produced by B R Banthulu - SFbhai and Venkat bhai Telugu version hai kya iska?? unsure.gif )

Click to view attachment

HumTum
Thanks Guys for downloading. smile.gif
bawlachintu
QUOTE(HumTum @ Dec 29 2008, 12:28 PM) *

unsure.gif cool.gif
HumTum
QUOTE(bawlachintu @ Dec 29 2008, 06:43 PM) *
QUOTE(HumTum @ Dec 29 2008, 12:28 PM) *

unsure.gif cool.gif

laugh.gif
HumTum
Next.. SF bhai and Venkat bhai if you are familiar with the 1970s melodies of SPB and SJ.. then you should be able to spot this one. There is a kannada version of this song too. MD for all, same duo (brothers) I think.

Guess this one.

128 kbps --- duration 4.26 minutes

Aadal paadal..

(This is a SJ Solo)

Click to view attachment
simplefable
HT bhai..this is from a hit film of eighties..Intinti raamayanam. and this is title song in telugu.. smile.gif
HumTum
QUOTE(simplefable @ Dec 31 2008, 03:59 PM) *
HT bhai..this is from a hit film of eighties..Intinti raamayanam. and this is title song in telugu.. smile.gif

Title song kaathandi! Download chesi choodandi tongue1.gif
simplefable
HT bhai...sorry, it is Veena venuvayina sarigama vinnava? ..a beautiful composition.. smile.gif
simplefable
Here is one favorite song of mine..the tamil version of Eena meena deeka..by the inimitable Susheela. smile.gif

Eena meena deeka
Atisaya penn
P Susheela

http://www.4shared.com/file/79770815/6e0b6...aaDeekkaa1.html
HumTum
Thanks SF bhai. smile.gif
HumTum
One more an inspired copy or whatever.

Amma Enge (Where is Mother?) 1964 --- music by Veda laugh.gif --- lyrics ??

Naan Vanagum Deivamey Kannana Kanna. --- P.Sushila and PBS

128 kbps --- duration 3.16 minutes

Click to view attachment

nilarka
thanks for the wonderful songs
HumTum
SF bhai this thread is waiting for you. Aap ka dhyaan kidhar hai bhai? laugh.gif
simplefable
Bas dekh raha hoon...Kis gem se yeh thread revive karde ! smile.gif
in ten minutes....

Here is a beautiful song...from Maestro Ilaya raja..
If you like to be happy and think of some beautiful memories...this is the one to hear. Chitra is awesome in this wonderful song...hope people will get to enjoy this amazing song.. and know why music makes people go light in the head.. wink.gif

Vaan megham...
Punnagai Mannan
Ilaya Raja
mp3, 128, 3.52 min

http://www.4shared.com/file/34159433/e0a31...Vaan_Megam.html
HumTum
QUOTE(simplefable @ May 26 2009, 08:25 AM) *
in ten minutes....

Ten minutes? Chaai break? ohmy.gif
simplefable
poori break... smile.gif

added the song....
HumTum
QUOTE(simplefable @ May 26 2009, 08:38 AM) *
poori break... smile.gif

added the song....

poori channa break you mean. sad.gif
HumTum
QUOTE(simplefable @ May 26 2009, 08:25 AM) *
in ten minutes....

Here is a beautiful song...from Maestro Ilaya raja..
If you like to be happy and think of some beautiful memories...this is the one to hear. Chitra is awesome in this wonderful song...hope people will get to enjoy this amazing song.. and know why music makes people go light in the head.. wink.gif

Vaan megham...
Punnagai Mannan
Ilaya Raja
mp3, 128, 3.52 min

http://www.4shared.com/file/34159433/e0a31...Vaan_Megam.html

Fantastic choice! I love the other one too.. Edh Edho Ennam Valarthen.. Nee Thaaney Punnaigai Mannan.. wub.gif (Title song ..
simplefable
Here is the link for that lovely song too.. smile.gif
I love every song from this under-rated film. I wonder why it wasnt remade in hindi.. or was it??

Edh Edho Ennam Valarthen
Chitra
Punnagai Mannan
mp3, 128 kbps, 4.22 min

http://www.4shared.com/file/34159274/1e263...etho_Ennam.html

IPB Image
HumTum
I wonder why it wasnt remade in hindi.

Thank God! It was not made in hindi! wacko.gif
simplefable
laugh.gif With our own Sallu bhai pairing with Madhuri Dixit ?? wink.gif
HumTum
QUOTE(simplefable @ May 26 2009, 10:11 PM) *
laugh.gif With our own Sallu bhai pairing with Madhuri Dixit ?? wink.gif

ninja.gif Don't get into such imaginative descriptions. It is scary!
HumTum
IPB Image

Naan maanthopil nindruirunden.
. (meaning - I was waiting near the mango orchard.. )

L.R. Eashwari and TMS - a duet from Enga Veetu Pillai 1965 --- music by MSV - K.V. Mahadevan lyrics by Vaali

128 kbps --- duration 6.04 minutes

(ps: downloaders please listen and write your comments about this song. Thanks for downloading. smile.gif )

simplefable
Absolutely melodious number.. smile.gif
Even without the digital works..the music sounds so crisp, laced with the wonderful voices of LRE and TMS..( not to say that i cant understand the song..not needed ! )

Here is one beautiful number..from the film " mudhal mariyadai"..The film is a classic. The story and the editing along with the wonderful underplay by the thespian Sivaji aided by the natural acting of Radha is a treat to watch. A quintessential Bharati Raja film...this song is so melodious..i heard hundreds of times, yet never knew the meaning.. smile.gif

Poonkatru thirumpuma...
Mudhal mariyadai..
Vasudevan, Janaki
mp3, 128 kbps, 4.26 min

http://www.4shared.com/file/108071395/5903..._mariyadai.html

IPB Image
simplefable
This is one more favorite song of mine...when the Maestro Ilaya raja was at his Zenith...smile.gif
the song carries so much melody, it is as if we are running along our favorite walking track..early in the day with all the assorted sounds from nature..Absolutely blissful ! No, i dont know the meaning of the song.. as usual.
The title took my fascination so found out it's meaning.." Dont pinch my heart"...How imaginative !

paruvame...puthiya paadal paadu
Nenjithai Killade
Ilaya Raaja
SPB, Janaki

http://www.4shared.com/file/108970109/1d40.../-Paruvame.html

here is the youtube link...even without the crispy digital images of today, it conveys pure bliss !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxCIUL4cDxw
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.