Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Manna Dey Should Get Bharat Ratna Award
Hamara Forums > Legends > Legendary Singers > Manna Dey
sbiswas2005
Dear Friends,

Pls click and go through the following article and pls give your opinion there.

Manna Dey should get Bharat Ratna Award

Here everybody's opinion is valuable.....So pls give your opinion.. bow.gif

Thanks in advance.

Subir
desai2rn
QUOTE(sbiswas2005 @ Nov 11 2008, 10:34 AM) *

Dear Friends,

Thanks in advance.

Subir

Biswas ji, Thanks for the link. He certainley deserves the award.

sita
QUOTE(sbiswas2005 @ Nov 11 2008, 10:34 AM) *
Dear Friends,

Thanks in advance.

Subir

Undoubtedly.It is overdue.-Sita.
simplefable
"Bharat Ratna (translates to Jewel of India or Gem of India in English) is India's highest civilian award, awarded for the highest degrees of national service. This service includes artistic, literary, and scientific achievements, as well as "recognition of public service of the highest order."

What can we say about Manna Da?? Except that He has enriched every single individual who was lucky to hear his songs..We Indians are famous for our cultural values the world over. Westerners look to us when it comes to finding Peace and Tranquility. Our social values are the guide lines the world over even in this Century.
Can there be a greater expression to the Father - Son bonding than Manna Da's
" Tujhe Suraj Kahoon Ya chanda...Tujhe deep kahoon ya Taara..
Mera naam karega roshan...Jag mein mera Raj dulara "

Or if you take pure bond with our Mother Country..

" Aye mere Pyare watan...Aye mere bichde chaman..Tujh pe dil Qurban...
Tu hi mere Aarzoo, tu hi mere aabroo..tu hi mere Jaan...."

A person should add to the value of the Honors he receives...not the other way. That is, if we award Bharat Ratna to him, it's value will increase. Not Manna Da's. Manna Da is above it, atleast for me.
Whether Manna Da gets a Bharata Ratna or not...He has won the people of this Country more than once.
True to his name...He has spread Manna ( Amrit ) across all of us.

Thanks Subir for bringing this thread on to our fore... smile.gif
sbiswas2005
Amazing and excellent reply Venkatji.. biggrin.gif clap2.gif clap2.gif

Manna Dey is not a singer....he is an institution to us who really love good music. Each and every time all we are being educated by his songs, by his mesmerising power of singing.

Thanks once again for your beautiful opinion and clarification. bow.gif

Subir
Faraaj73
QUOTE(sbiswas2005 @ Nov 11 2008, 03:04 PM) *

Dear Friends,

Thanks in advance.

Subir

Subir Saab

I'm in my mid-30's. If I had to name a single reason why I initially developed a passion for songs that were sung decades before I was born, I would be hard pressed to choose between Manna Dey and Pankaj Mullick. I remember hearing Aa Ja Sanam Madhur Chandni Mein Hum as a 10 year old (mid-80s) and I couldn't imagine real, live human beings creating something so lovely. My mother thought I must be in love with some girl at school!!! Since then, my interest in and respect for hindi film music began...

Do you still want my opinion or is it abundantly clear? biggrin.gif

p.s. As a Pakistani/Australian citizen I really don't have a voice in Bharati honours, but for what it counts, you can include my best wishes for any honour given to Manna Dey.....

Kind Regards
Faraaj
sbiswas2005
Thanks a lot Faraaj saab. But as a Manna lover always you can leave your message in the above link I posted. Pls have a look and give your valuable opinion for this great purpose..

Thanks again.

Subir
Faraaj73
QUOTE(sbiswas2005 @ Nov 11 2008, 08:28 PM) *

Thanks a lot Faraaj saab. But as a Manna lover always you can leave your message in the above link I posted. Pls have a look and give your valuable opinion for this great purpose..

Thanks again.

Subir

Done!
simplefable
QUOTE(Faraaj73 @ Nov 11 2008, 03:23 PM) *

As a Pakistani/Australian citizen I really don't have a voice in Bharati honours, but for what it counts, you can include my best wishes for any honour given to Manna Dey.....

Faraaj Bhai..When it comes to music, It is divine, irrespective of language and region and religion. It is like a fresh river flowing which can always quench our thirst. It is the life line of people in times of distress and happiness...violence and mayhem. It is like a compass which always shows only one direction...that of being a good humanbeing. So YOU are always one of us... smile.gif
Now what can I say ?? If you dont know already...Hindi is not my mothertongue..there are people in India who live to the end without knowing a word of the language. It is not needed to live a lifetime if you are situated in some parts of the country. But as you said those heart warming words...When a Legend sings..it comes from the heart, pure and blissful...for which no language is needed at all. The song you quoted ...is an amazing one. I wrote each word and deciphered the meaning of the song... while i was in School.. Amazing passion , this Music. bow.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.