Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who Is The Current Best Singer
Hamara Forums > Music > Singers
Pages: 1, 2
im4afi
Out of the current variety of singers, who do u think is the best of them all.
anurag
So, I am on top!! tongue.gif
suhana_safar

ME
unni
On a more serious note: It is sad that Suresh Wadkar does not even feature. But no wonder, he is not even "current".

Not a remarkable or distinguished voice, but a pleasant enough one, classically trained, and original. Yet had a short tenure. Unfortunate. sad1.gif
Pradeep
Sonu is very good in lower scales. Wish he was able to carry it up to higher notes. Btw, Kumar Sanu can also be polled under who is fav. producer?
Bawra Jay
QUOTE(unni @ Dec 16 2004, 10:02 PM)
On a more serious note: It is sad that Suresh Wadkar does not even feature. But no wonder, he is not even "current".

Not a remarkable or distinguished voice, but a pleasant enough one, classically trained, and original. Yet had a short tenure. Unfortunate. sad1.gif

Nope Unni ji , I think he has limited his singing due to kinda songs you see nowadays.... but am sure whenever approached with a good lyrics and good music he would sure be singing .... he is active into bhajan and abhang singing and heard also teaching to youngsters.....

I truely agree that he beats all of the above , just heard his one song... from Naam Gumm Jayega movie, he still sounds way too good....

Here is the review of his song Tumse Milke Aisa Lagta Hain Kyun ... Meri Jaan Bhi Nahi Tum ... Anjaan Bhi Nahi Tum..... from Naam Gumm Jayega.....
Tumse Milke (Suresh)
A slow number, “Tumse Milke” emerges with the legendary singer Suresh Wadikar who sings it with his usual perfection. A female singer, who has not been credited at all on the album cover, provides an ample support to Suresh. For the very first time in the whole album, the lyrics and music disturb the magic of the album with poorly done works by the lyricist and the musician respectively.

Bawra Jay
QUOTE(anurag @ Dec 16 2004, 08:47 PM)
So, I am on top!!  tongue.gif

Arre kyu nahi Anu bhai after all humne jo aapko vote diya hai wink2.gif .... Atleast from the given choice he is always better tongue.gif BTW I like Abhijit too , but than his variety is much lesser than Sonu tongue.gif ....
anurag
QUOTE(Bawra Jay @ Dec 17 2004, 12:25 AM)
Arre kyu nahi Anu bhai after all humne jo aapko vote diya hai wink2.gif .... Atleast from the given choice he is always better tongue.gif BTW I like Abhijit too , but than his variety is much lesser than Sonu tongue.gif ....

Thank you, Thank you, BJ bhai. I can always count on you. Can't I? bow.gif

I like Abhijit too and in fact, I had a lot of hopes from him in early 90s but his uni-dimensionality did n't help his cause, sadly. And, Suresh Wadekar has one of the sweetest male voices. Some of his songs are over the top and his singing abilities many many times better than most of the current singers.

I am surprised where the KS-Lover brigade is nowadays? Other singers would have been swamped by now if they knew about this poll, the results of which will be copied to all major HF producer and music directors. tongue.gif
kurtcobain
as far as i am concerned, kumar sanu is the best of all time...

today morning as i drove to work northwards on the M-5 motorway at a speed of 80 mph (140 kph), i was listening to the song

yeh dil mein rehne waale
dil se nahin nikalte
guzre hazar mausam
rishte nahin badalte

and i asked myself, can ANY OTHER SINGER sing with such deep emotion?,

and the answer is NO

KS is the best bow.gif
iqbal

I have 3 joint favs,

Udit
Sanu
Sonu
SAJJAD
my vote goes 2 Udit and Sanu! The rest of them just sux laugh.gif
iqbal
QUOTE(unni @ Dec 17 2004, 02:02 AM)

I love Suresh Wadkar’s ‘Tumse milkar aisa lagaa tumse milkar’.

It is really sad indeed how the playback singers are treated by the film industry, one minute everyone wants you and then nobody wants to know you – surely their talent can’t have disappeared overnight.
Tera Baap
I totally agree with you Iqbal Bhai!! But, as they say, 'Thats Showbusiness'. Case in point being Kumar Sanu, who undoubtedly ruled the 90s won 'Artist of the Decade' award and is pretty much no-where to be heard. Saying that, whenever i hear his voice in an album nowadays (which is a rareity) it makes that song of his that much special e.g. Bewafaa, Shabd, Musafir etc.. For me, voices like Udit and Sonu's are loosing their appeal as whenever you watch B4u or Zee music you are bombarded with their songs, i used to be a big Udit fan but his voice is loosing that charm for me and i find myself going back to KS voice and am falling in love with his amazing vocals all over again. This legendary singer has such mass appeal, this is highlighted by the success of his 'Tera Mera Pyaar' album. No superstar on screen to help sell this album, just Sanu and his mesmerising vocals, the song has been at No.1 for weeks and just goes to show the imense talent and draw he still has!!
nadir
For me, Kumar Sanu is simply the best. I just love his voice. He is my no.1 singer. After Sanu, I like Abhijeet, Udit, Sonu in that order. But Kumar Sanu rules !
Azhar
Well When this poll I knew I had to voice my opinion and that is that Kumar Sanu is the best singer in our desi region today. He is very talented and after all those hits that he has created he is now also going to give us musical hits, yes he is a music director and he wishes to use Asha b, and Lataji for his songs. He is also a producer. This man is a genious of a singer and I wish him the best of luck in his other proffession long live Sanuji!!!!!!!!
Kumar Sanu singer of decade, century, and most of all he has my vote.
Good luck to other singers.
Take care
shafiq
No doubt in my mind that only one singer can win this race and that is Only Kumar Sanu.
shafiq raja a true lover of kumar sanu and nadeem shravan
aahat
I think Kumar Sanu is the best. Unfortunately he is not so dedicated as othes are so his consitency is the lowest. He's the most talented but least performing singer. I wish he gets to sing songs like in 1942 and Ashiqui. He ought to learn giving the best to all songs like Udit does, IMO.
sunnyzobi
To me there isn,t any competition between great KUMAR SANU and rest of the today,s singers, he is simply the best, and he won the hearts of teenagers (and all other people who use to say that kumar sanu cant sing any pop or fast song), with his latest pop album TERA MERA PYAR.
This song has been the most loved and popular song of the year 2004 in all over the uk and usa.
Im gonna give my vote to well deserved kumar sanu for his great achievements.
KUMAR SANU rulezzzzzz.

sunny....
im4afi
SONU is the best in the current singers.Sanu is good but not better than SONU.
spbobby
i m the best but when i start singing why every one runs away i dont know???????????kisi ko sur ka gyan hi nahi hai sad.gif angry1.gif sad1.gif
iqbal
Kumar Sanu 15 41.67%

Sonu Nigam 8 22.22%

Udit Narayan 6 16.67%

Kumar Sanuji leads the HF polls by a large margin.

clap1.gif clap1.gif clap1.gif clap1.gif clap1.gif
hassan261
DEAR IQBAL,
I READ IN AN ARTICLE THAT UDIT NARAYAN GOT THE BEST SINGER IN FROM LAST 10 YEARS IN INDIAN CINEMA IN LONDON.
iqbal

Thanks for that Hassan,

Which event was this in London?

hassan261
I DONT KNOW THE NAME EXACTLY, BUT IT WAS HELD IN THE ALBERT HALL AND U HEARD THAT EVEN DILIPJI GOT THE LIFE TIME ACHEIVEMENT AWARD AND I M NOT SURE BUT I GUESS NAUSHAD JI ALSO GOT THE AWARD.

U JUST CHECK IT OUT WITH UR FREINDS, MAY BE THEY KNOW ABOUT IT.
AzgarKhan
I cant believe Kumar Sanu is on top .. phew ..
I think someone created multiple nicks and voted for him, maybe Kumar Sanu himself while surfing. lol.

Udit is the best anyday and the rest follows him with Kumar Sanu in the last.

-Azgar
im4afi
QUOTE(AzgarKhan @ Dec 21 2004, 01:04 AM)
I cant believe Kumar Sanu is on top .. phew ..
I think someone created multiple nicks and voted for him, maybe Kumar Sanu himself while surfing. lol.

Udit is the best anyday and the rest follows him with Kumar Sanu in the last.

-Azgar

Voting should be ristricted to members who are in this forum for atleast one month
viquar
Ofcourse Kumar sanu is best, but after Udit Narayan ........ my vote goes to Udit Narayan smile1.gif
iqbal

Surprised to see no votes for Abhijeet, yet he is singing most songs for the superstar (SRK)

deep750
QUOTE(im4afi @ Dec 19 2004, 10:37 AM)

Sonu is indeed a very good singer, but his voice doesn't suit the actors the way udit/sanu does. I feel Sonu's voice is the same no matter who he sings for...When i listen to songs sung by nigam I cant visualise the actor, all that comes up is sonu's face...
So as a playbacksinger I dont feel Sonu is any good
preet
QUOTE(anurag @ Dec 17 2004, 06:17 AM)
So, I am on top!!  tongue.gif

i missed this topic... sad1.gif
Anurag do you know what just because of your Avatar... a few days ago i told my friend that ...some song( i dont remember which one we were discussing) should have been in Anurag's voice he would have got the right feel to it" and my friends were like.."anurag who" laugh.gif
these avatars are a bad thing... i dont want to start associating AB with BJ now!!! blab.gif

Vaise my vote goes to Udit... the best singer after Kishore da
imjagdish
QUOTE(deep750 @ May 5 2005, 08:41 PM)
QUOTE(im4afi @ Dec 19 2004, 10:37 AM)

Sonu is indeed a very good singer, but his voice doesn't suit the actors the way udit/sanu does. I feel Sonu's voice is the same no matter who he sings for...When i listen to songs sung by nigam I cant visualise the actor, all that comes up is sonu's face...
So as a playbacksinger I dont feel Sonu is any good

Another point I would like to mention about Sonu is that he complicates the song (dont know how much of a say the composer has in this). I dont understyand what the problem is if u can keep something simple and make it melodious...
Bawra Jay
QUOTE(preety @ May 5 2005, 11:28 AM)
these avatars are a bad thing... i dont want to start associating AB with BJ now!!! blab.gif

LOL ... that would be funny wink2.gif .... Me and like AB .. no way....... he is already buddha now and I am like his old avtaar pic wink2.gif .... ha ha JK... BTW anyone seen WAQT yet... tongue.gif
preet
QUOTE(Bawra Jay @ May 5 2005, 11:42 PM)

LOL ... that would be funny wink2.gif .... Me and like AB .. no way....... he is already buddha now and I am like his old avtaar pic wink2.gif .... ha ha JK... BTW anyone seen WAQT yet... tongue.gif

hah!!! ye muh aur koi si to bhi daal!!! tongue.gif if you are like young amitabh bachchan im madhuri dixit tongue.gif
preet
i havent seen waqt but heard a lot about it... its not that good.... its kind of theatre in a movie but AB's and akshay's acting is too good...
my sis say if you are not an AB fan dont go to watch this movie.... smile1.gif so im going next week....
Bawra Jay
QUOTE(preety @ May 5 2005, 02:24 PM)
QUOTE(Bawra Jay @ May 5 2005, 11:42 PM)

hah!!! ye muh aur koi si to bhi daal!!! tongue.gif if you are like young amitabh bachchan im madhuri dixit tongue.gif

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkks never liked madhuri dixit... no wonder teri meri kyu nahi banti hai wink2.gif ......
preet
QUOTE(Bawra Jay @ May 6 2005, 12:23 AM)

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkks never liked madhuri dixit... no wonder teri meri kyu nahi banti hai wink2.gif ......

madhuri....let me start again MADHURI DIXIT nahi pasand!!!!! TABHI teri meri nahi banti tongue.gif
she is the most beautiful, the most talented the most graceful woman i have seen... and i just wish i could see amitabh and madhuri together they would make such a beautiful pair both of them so talented so unlike anyone else... and maybe they will appear together its still not late... madhuri would definitely come back
aah!!! that would be my favourite movie!!! blink1.gif
Bawra Jay
QUOTE(preety @ May 5 2005, 03:05 PM)
QUOTE(Bawra Jay @ May 6 2005, 12:23 AM)

madhuri....let me start again MADHURI DIXIT nahi pasand!!!!! TABHI teri meri nahi banti tongue.gif
she is the most beautiful, the most talented the most graceful woman i have seen... and i just wish i could see amitabh and madhuri together they would make such a beautiful pair both of them so talented so unlike anyone else... and maybe they will appear together its still not late... madhuri would definitely come back
aah!!! that would be my favourite movie!!! blink1.gif

And let Madhuri have double role in that movie and we will call it hindi version of "THE GOOD (AB) THE BAAAAAAAAAAAD (madhuri) and THE UGLY (again madhuriiiiiiii) .... angry2.gif And that dream should Never ..............
Bawra Jay
QUOTE(preety @ May 5 2005, 02:28 PM)
i havent seen waqt but heard a lot about it... its not that good.... its kind of theatre in a movie but AB's and akshay's acting is too good...
my sis say if you are not an AB fan dont go to watch this movie.... smile1.gif so im going next week....

Kinda theatre in a movie ? Samja nahi...(like those yash johar - shah rukh movie , about which you gals are crazy about... ) ........whatever... I saw it last saturday night... was good movie... I would sure say its BIG SCREEN movie..... worth watching on big screen.... AB was way too gr8 , once again he proved after BLACK that he is still the #1 ...... what a superb performance... the comedy by Nattubhai (Boman Irani) and Laxman (Rajpal Yadav) was simply amazing......
If this guy Vipul Shah gonna make all his hindi movies based on famous Guju plays... I think I am gonna sure see most of them wink2.gif .... BTW waqt is based on "AAVJO VHALA FARI MALISHU" meaning ... good bye dear see you soon....

preet
QUOTE(Bawra Jay @ May 9 2005, 09:06 AM)

And let Madhuri have double role in that movie and we will call it hindi version of "THE GOOD (AB) THE BAAAAAAAAAAAD (madhuri) and THE UGLY (again madhuriiiiiiii) ....  angry2.gif And that dream should Never ..............

how could you!!!! angry1.gif you are the bad one and as i havent seen you, you must be the ugly one too abuse.gif huh!!!

tongue.gif
preet
QUOTE(Bawra Jay @ May 9 2005, 09:18 AM)

Kinda theatre in a movie ? Samja nahi...(like those yash johar - shah rukh movie , about which you gals are crazy about... ) ........whatever... I saw it last saturday night... was good movie... I would sure say its BIG SCREEN movie..... worth watching on big screen.... AB was way too gr8 , once again he proved after BLACK that he is still the #1 ...... what a superb performance... the comedy by Nattubhai (Boman Irani) and Laxman (Rajpal Yadav) was simply amazing......
If this guy Vipul Shah gonna make all his hindi movies based on famous Guju plays... I think I am gonna sure see most of them wink2.gif .... BTW waqt is based on "AAVJO VHALA FARI MALISHU" meaning ... good bye dear see you soon....

guess what i saw it too this saturday... tongue.gif Amitabh is so.......( me swooning) rolleyes.gif
if only he was 50 years younger....!!!! sad1.gif
Bawra Jay
QUOTE(preety @ May 9 2005, 12:44 AM)
QUOTE(Bawra Jay @ May 9 2005, 09:06 AM)

And let Madhuri have double role in that movie and we will call it hindi version of "THE GOOD (AB) THE BAAAAAAAAAAAD (madhuri) and THE UGLY (again madhuriiiiiiii) ....  angry2.gif And that dream should Never ..............

how could you!!!! angry1.gif you are the bad one and as i havent seen you, you must be the ugly one too abuse.gif huh!!!

tongue.gif

Achhaa ?? Jhooth bole kauwa Kaate... kaale kauwe se dariyo...... tongue.gif
Bawra Jay
QUOTE(preety @ May 9 2005, 12:49 AM)
guess what i saw it too this saturday...  tongue.gif Amitabh is so.......( me swooning)  rolleyes.gif

He sure does look younger to rest of the gang... in song Miraksam tongue.gif ... lol though it is not the most fav song from that movie... I liked Jaa Chhup Jaa Chhup Jaa.... tongue.gif
preet
QUOTE(Bawra Jay @ May 9 2005, 11:00 PM)
Achhaa ?? Jhooth bole kauwa Kaate... kaale kauwe se dariyo...... tongue.gif

i hope there are no kala kauwa where you live... imagine all of them running after you... apne ko AB se compare karne ke liye tongue.gif
preet
QUOTE(Bawra Jay @ May 9 2005, 11:06 PM)
guess what i saw it too this saturday...  tongue.gif Amitabh is so.......( me swooning)  rolleyes.gif

He sure does look younger to rest of the gang... in song Miraksam tongue.gif ... lol though it is not the most fav song from that movie... I liked Jaa Chhup Jaa Chhup Jaa.... tongue.gif

didnt like any song... and hated Priyanka chopra.... dry.gif
aahat
QUOTE(preety @ May 9 2005, 11:10 PM)

I hated the movie (Waqt). What a pathetic job. I saw Lucky the earlier week, thought it to be the worst, and saw this in the same theater and felt like seeing Lucky again. Luckily, it was gone.

I never write reviews, but this time I just wanted to altert others but then I saw people just dying to praise the stupid movie. Got a bit more depressed...
preet
QUOTE(aahat @ May 9 2005, 11:32 PM)

I hated the movie (Waqt). What a pathetic job. I saw Lucky the earlier week, thought it to be the worst, and saw this in the same theater and felt like seeing Lucky again. Luckily, it was gone.

I never write reviews, but this time I just wanted to altert others but then I saw people just dying to praise the stupid movie. Got a bit more depressed...

dont worry Aahat the no.1 fan (thats me) and the no.2 fan of AB are talking tongue.gif its more of AB's praise then the movie's
Bawra Jay
QUOTE(aahat @ May 9 2005, 02:02 PM)

I am sorry but exactly opposite opinion from me..... you can take a nice blanket to see Lucky , wait till the first song.... I think by Asha ji... and than Blanket Odhhe ke sau jao..... nothing has put me to sleep so wonderfully like the Lucky movie did tongue.gif ..... What about Kaal ? I guess I will put that above both of this movie.... wink2.gif ... Tu bhi kush mein bhi kush tongue.gif
vaichatt1
East or West, Kumar Sanu is the Best. smile1.gif

KUMAR SANU IS THE KING OF MELODY.

Listen to these 10 songs of Kumar Sanu and tell us who is the Best.

1) Tujhe Dekha To Yeh Jaana Sanam - DDLJ
2) Yeh Kaali Kaali Aankhen - Baazigar
3) Chand Sitare Phool Aur Khusboo - Kaho Naa Pyar Hai
4) Tera Mera Pyaar - Tera Mera Pyaar (Album)
5) Kuch Na Kaho - 1942 A Love Story
6) Do Dil Mil Rahe Hai - Pardes
7) Kisi Roz Tumse - Pardes
8) Jaab Koi Baat Bigar Jaaye
9) Is Kadar Pyaar Tumse - Mere Jeevan Saathi
10) Aane wala kal ek sapna hain - Phir Tei Kahani Yaad Aayi

These are only 10 songs out of 15,000 (fifteen thousand) SUPER DUPER
HIT songs Kumar Sanu has sung. party2.gif

Kumar Sanu is the Singer of the billions. When he sings the whole
World sings with him. Belive it or not, Kumar Sanu is THE BEST.

kurtcobain
Listen to these 10 songs of Kumar Sanu and tell us who is the Best.

i totally agree with u vaichatt bhai, although my personal top 10 would be totally different from yours

i guess that just proves the incredible range of KS rolleyes.gif
zafarulhaq
QUOTE(Tera Baap @ Dec 17 2004, 10:28 PM)
I totally agree with you Iqbal Bhai!!  But, as they say, 'Thats Showbusiness'.  Case in point being Kumar Sanu, who undoubtedly ruled the 90s won 'Artist of the Decade' award and is pretty much no-where to be heard.  Saying that, whenever i hear his voice in an album nowadays (which is a rareity) it makes that song of his that much special e.g. Bewafaa, Shabd, Musafir etc.. For me, voices like Udit and Sonu's are loosing their appeal as whenever you watch B4u or Zee music you are bombarded with their songs, i used to be a big Udit fan but his voice is loosing that charm for me and i find myself going back to KS voice and am falling in love with his amazing vocals all over again.  This legendary singer has such mass appeal, this is highlighted by the success of his 'Tera Mera Pyaar' album.  No superstar on screen to help sell this album, just Sanu and his mesmerising vocals, the song has been at No.1 for weeks and just goes to show the imense talent and draw he still has!!

I really agree with you bhai. Udit is loosing his charm. On the other hand once somebody becomes a Kumar sanu fan, he or she remains his fan because of his deep emotional voice which touches the strings of heart. Now a days Kumar Sanu is singing lesser song but you will note that each song is a special one...
Zafar
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.