Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Your Most Favorite Geeta - O P Number
Hamara Forums > Legends > Geeta Dutt
parag_sankla
Hi All

Its been long time we had a poll on Geeta Dutt forum, so introducing some polls on songs of Geeta ji with some composers. Starting with O P Nayyar.

Please vote.

Thanks
Parag
simplefable
Parag..you havent voted yet ? I pick Yeh lo main haari piya..for sheer exuberance.. in inimitable Geeta Ji Style ! I still remember the way it is filmed..with total abandonment...a great song. smile.gif
HumTum
My vote went for thandi hawa kaali ghata.. biggrin.gif
usrafian
I don't consider 'Ankhon Hi Ankhon Mein' in this contest being fully shadowed by Rafian Alaap. wub.gif

Out of rest 'Ye Lo Mein' & 'Babuji Dheere Chalna' are out of world tunes.

My personnel fav. is 'Babuji Dheere Chalna'. biggrin.gif

USR

parag_sankla
QUOTE(usrafian @ Nov 7 2008, 01:26 AM) *

I don't consider 'Ankhon Hi Ankhon Mein' in this contest being fully shadowed by Rafian Alaap. wub.gif

Out of rest 'Ye Lo Mein' & 'Babuji Dheere Chalna' are out of world tunes.

My personnel fav. is 'Babuji Dheere Chalna'. biggrin.gif

USR

Uttam bhai, thanks for your view and the vote. Yes its true that we should generally pick up solo songs for such polls, yet the appeal of the song "Aankhon hi aankhon mein" was too tempting..

My vote went for "Yeh lo main haari piyaa".

Cheers
Parag
Erum Hashmi
I voted for "Dekho jaadu bhare more nain - Aasmaan" simply for devine effects of Geetaji's voice in this beautiful, one of the first and not so OP Naiyarish composition by OP Naiyyar! smile.gif
parag_sankla
QUOTE(simplefable @ Nov 6 2008, 10:11 PM) *

Parag..you havent voted yet ? I pick Yeh lo main haari piya..for sheer exuberance.. in inimitable Geeta Ji Style ! I still remember the way it is filmed..with total abandonment...a great song. smile.gif

LOL..I too selected that song as my favorite..

biggrin.gif

Cheers
Parag
parag_sankla
QUOTE(HumTum @ Nov 6 2008, 10:39 PM) *

My vote went for thandi hawa kaali ghata.. biggrin.gif

HT bhai, thanks for your vote. Many have said that one song summarizes the essence of Geeta ji's voice

Thandi hawa kaali ghataa
aa hi gayi jhoom ke

smile.gif

Cheers
Parag
simplefable
Enticing...never raunchy. flirting but never obscene..Geeta Ji had class written over her songs. Rare combination ! Bonus is she could bring the greatest of Joy with her devotional songs..and bhajans..Not to say those heart breaking melancholic songs...now, i truly ran out of adjectives ! laugh.gif
parag_sankla
QUOTE(Erum Hashmi @ Nov 7 2008, 11:26 AM) *

I voted for "Dekho jaadu bhare more nain - Aasmaan" simply for devine effects of Geetaji's voice in this beautiful, one of the first and not so OP Naiyarish composition by OP Naiyyar! smile.gif

Thanks Erum ji for your vote. Truly agree with you. Songs from Aasmaan really stand apart. Thanks to HF, I could listen to them.

Cheers
Parag
Pratul
I am really sad to see 'Jaata Kahan Hai Deewane' missing from this list too. It was chopped from the film too mad.gif
parag_sankla
QUOTE(simplefable @ Nov 8 2008, 08:37 AM) *

Enticing...never raunchy. flirting but never obscene..Geeta Ji had class written over her songs. Rare combination ! Bonus is she could bring the greatest of Joy with her devotional songs..and bhajans..Not to say those heart breaking melancholic songs...now, i truly ran out of adjectives ! laugh.gif

Hi Venkat, you have rightly highlighted the "Geeta Dutt touch", indeed a special thing.

smile.gif

Thanks
Parag
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.