Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Yosemite National Park & Mammoth Lakes
Hamara Forums > General > Tourists paradise
Chitralekha
I went to Yosemite National park twice til now. First time I went was in May of 2002 and second time was 4th of July, 2003. Place looks totally different all yr around. Here are some pics from both the trips.

Btw, for those who dont know how to pronounce, correct way to say it is yo-say-mee-tee. It is NOT Yashomati (as in Yashomati maiya se bole nand-lala).

These were taken in July, 2003.

El Capitan
Click to view attachment

Cathedral rocks.
Click to view attachment

El Capitan and Cathedral rocks together with Merced river flowing in front.
Click to view attachment

More rocks at Yosemite.

Click to view attachment

In the background is Bridalveil falls.
Click to view attachment
Chitralekha
Yosemite in May 2002. During Spring, the Merced river is most full cuz of the winter snow melting on mountain tops. When we went, some of the moutains were still covered in snow.

Bridalveil falls.
Click to view attachment

Merced river.
Click to view attachment

Mist trail that takes you up to Vernal falls. This trail is about 3 miles long.
Click to view attachment

Vernal falls.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

The view from near Vernal falls. I was taking photos as I was climbing up the trail. These were taken from several spots on the trail. It's the view opposite of vernal falls.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

The mist from Vernal falls sprays onto rocks around the area.
Click to view attachment

Yosemite falls - the tallest in North America, there are three levels of the falls. You can see two of them in here. Third one - the highest is hidden under fog.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Yosemite falls from a different angle. You can see little bit of the top part of the falls.
Click to view attachment
Chitralekha
More Yosemite in spring.

Half Dome rock. It takes about 14 hrs for an average climber to climb this rock from the back. It is dome shaped from the back.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Merced river.
Click to view attachment

Mirror Lake.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Steller Jays at Yosemite. I was able to capture two of these birds when they were going crazy for some bread crumbs thrown by other visitors.
Click to view attachment

A pink tree. I was so surprised to see such colorful tree in between all the greens and browns.
Click to view attachment

There are a lot of stories for Yosemite park made by the native Americans who have lived there since hundreds of yrs. One of the stories is about the half dome which is believed to be a face of a beautiful young woman who was waiting for her lover.
Here I saw a rock while hiking that looks like a face of an old man crying. Strange how our mind makes up stuff.
Click to view attachment

Merced river flows down the rocky bed.
Click to view attachment

It's a crazy photo. I took it just to capture the water falls you see on such height. It was very bad spot for taking photo but I just had to get the water falls on film.
Click to view attachment

It was very hard to get this lil one on film since it was running around crazy. But I managed to get two shots.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Chitralekha
Mammoth Lakes is located about 100 miles south from Yosemite on hwy 395.

Rocks at Tioga pass.
Click to view attachment

A scene from hwy 395. Lake Mono is seen in the photo.
Click to view attachment

This is the Tioga pass road. You can see top of Half Dome rock in middle.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Three shots of one rock. Unfortunately, i didnt have a panoramic camera.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Tuolumne river and Tuolumne meadows.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
SAJJAD
WOW Ms. C! Who took these lovely pixs? DID U? wink2.gif U should visit Banff and Jasper in Canada.
Chitralekha
QUOTE(SAJJAD @ Dec 6 2004, 01:03 PM)
WOW Ms. C! Who took these lovely pixs? DID U? wink2.gif  U should visit Banff and Jasper in Canada.

Haan ji bow.gif What is Banff and Jasper? Never heard of these places. Are they closer to East coast or West coast? or in middle?
Chitralekha
More of Yosemite - photos taken in summer 2003.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Anil4
Beautiful
Lata
ahaah....Chitra....jee khush kar diya tu ne.......Merced river looks absolutely beautiful. Thanks a ton for sharing.

Shall post pics of Bryce canyon, Zion national park and Monument valley very soon smile1.gif
SAJJAD
QUOTE(Chitralekha @ Dec 7 2004, 02:52 AM)
QUOTE(SAJJAD @ Dec 6 2004, 01:03 PM)
WOW Ms. C! Who took these lovely pixs? DID U? wink2.gif  U should visit Banff and Jasper in Canada.

Haan ji bow.gif What is Banff and Jasper? Never heard of these places. Are they closer to East coast or West coast? or in middle?

Banff and Jasper are National parks south of Calgary! Its in the Rockies moutain range....Truly beautiful! I have been there at least 20 times...no joke!
Chitralekha
QUOTE(SAJJAD @ Dec 6 2004, 02:53 PM)
Banff and Jasper are National parks south of Calgary! Its in the Rockies moutain range....Truly beautiful! I have been there at least 20 times...no joke!

Photus kidhar hai?? blink.gif yahan pe lagaao!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.