Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chivaraku Migiledi (1960)
Hamara Forums > Music > Regional Music > Telugu
swarapriya
Chivaraku Migiledi (1960)

Prompted by inquisitiveness exhibited on the writeup on "Khamoshi" in Hemant Kumar section (thanks to you Simplefable), I started searching for the songs of the movie "Chivaraku Migiledi". Good news is that I found all of them. Almost all are in excellent audio quality. This movie is the Telugu version of "Khamoshi" and preceded the Hindi version by eight years. However, the Telugu version was based on the original Bengali version "Deep Jele Jai", I believe that was the title of the Bengali version.

I have seen this Telugu version few years ago. Savitri, one of the greatest actresses of our time, gave a stunningly memorable performance in this movie. The pathos, the silent suffering, conflict between love and care, she exhibited like a fluently lucid poem. I have never seen any such performance in my lifetime barring that of Nargis in "Mother India". It was a crowing achievement of her career that in real life unfortunately and undeservingly was filled with tragedy, disgrace, and shame.

The Telugu version has six songs. Two of them, both sung by the great Ghantasala, are those based on the Bengali songs. I believe rest of them are all original to the Telugu movie. Of these originals I love the song performed by M.S. Rama Rao.

I came across on the Internet the great Telugu actor A. Nageshwara Rao paying tribute to the late Savitri. I am not sure what the exact occasion was. These are the same actors who paid little sympathy when she was in desperate need for help and her life was in shambles. Now here they are showering praises on how great an actress Savitri really was. This tribute probably was recorded recently. Here Rao talks about Savitiri in general and her performance in "Chivaraku Migiledi" in particular. He compares and contrasts her performance with Waheeda Rehman (Hind version) and Suchitra Sen (Bengali version). It was a video with clippings from these three movies interspersed showing how these three great actresses enacted the same scene. Because I don't know how to copy a video from the internet, I must confess I am not too good with these whizbang tools, at least not yet, I decided to copy it as an MP3 file instead. I am also uploading this file here. But my request to those of you who know how to do this, please upload that video. It is great to watch because it is a glowing tribute to one of our greatest actresses.

Now for the details of the songs and the songs themselves ...
simplefable
SP..thanks a lot for the excellent songs and for the write up too...
and thanks a billion for the video..I searched on Youtube and got it. Uploading it on rapidshare and leaving the link here..smile.gif
As ANR says, that comparative study is just amazing. The way she breaks into sobs amidst the maniacal laughter is just amazing..
There will be none like Her...Ever. For sure.
God has been partial to her...endowing her with so much beauty and talent. Then, He tried to balance it out with the miseries He inflicted on her. I read a book on her recently and the articles and narrations break our heart. There is one picture which shows Her on bed, in Coma...which is just unbelievable. I just recall that great song from Pyasa...
Yeh mehlo yeh taqton yeh tajon ke duniya...yeh duniya agar mil bhi jaye to kya hai ??
How fitting..She was able to accumulate so much wealth...but She left so alone..and uncared for. May Her soul rest in peace.
Meanwhile my quest for the video of the film " chivaraku migiledi ' continues...

http://rapidshare.com/files/147940168/ANR_...VITHRI.flv.html
venkat
The MD is Aswathhama and the Lyrics are by late Malladi Rama Krishana Sastry, a distant relative of ours.

One of the songs by Ghantasala, "Ainavaru Naakevaru", has also a P.B.Srinivas version.

Venkat
simplefable
Venkat..Wow..that is amazing news. Every telugu person knows the contribution of Malladi garu to telugu filmdom. Acknowledgedly He is the ghost writer for Samudrala Senior...and has some of the finest songs ever came in films. So little is known of Him, that i used to think that it is unfortunate to leave these wonderful people to the destiny of times...They need to be preserved for the sheer happiness they gave us.. Here is a pic of the legend from the net..

IPB Image
swarapriya
QUOTE(simplefable @ Sep 24 2008, 02:19 AM) *

SP..thanks a lot for the excellent songs and for the write up too...
and thanks a billion for the video..I searched on Youtube and got it. Uploading it on rapidshare and leaving the link here..smile.gif

http://rapidshare.com/files/147940168/ANR_...VITHRI.flv.html

Thanks for uploading the video. Cheers. -S
venkat
QUOTE(simplefable @ Sep 24 2008, 10:49 PM) *

Venkat..Wow..that is amazing news. Every telugu person knows the contribution of Malladi garu to telugu filmdom. Acknowledgedly He is the ghost writer for Samudrala Senior...and has some of the finest songs ever came in films. So little is known of Him, that i used to think that it is unfortunate to leave these wonderful people to the destiny of times...They need to be preserved for the sheer happiness they gave us.. Here is a pic of the legend from the net..

IPB Image

Yes, SF. I too heard about that. Malladi used to scribble songs on chits of paper, sometimes even on the back of cigarette pack covers and used to discard those chits here and there. The story is that they used to fall in the hands of Samudrala Senior! biggrin.gif

I have no doubt that Samudrala Senior himself is quite an accomplished writer and had his own talent. But, stories of this type have the effect of image-tarnish beyond repair.

Venkat
simplefable
Venkat..it is acknowledged fact that Malladi gave his compositions to Samudrala Senior...they had such a nice rapport, that they used to joke that one doesnt have the time..and one needs the money ! I read about it in various books..and was glad that it happened.
Malladi is also known for his magnanimity towards the younger generation..all used to look up to him for guidance..as the legend goes. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.