Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kohraa (1964)
Hamara Forums > Legends > Legendary Singers > Hemant Kumar
swarapriya
Kohraa (1964)

Here is a mystery that was based on Daphne du Maurier's famous novel "Rebecca". Alfred Hitchcok made this into a movie of the same name in 1940 that won his only best picture Oscar award. Incidentally, later on Hitchcock also made another Maurier story into a suspenseful movie masterpiece called "Birds".

In Hindi version of "Rebecca", Biswajeet was not even close to what Sir Laurence Olibvier did in acting. But Waheeda Rehman did stood her ground compared to Joan Fontaine's character.

There are only six songs in this movie but two of them are real gems. Lataji's "Jhoom Jhoom Dhalti Raat" is a masterpiece. She sings twice this song in the movie. Hemantda's "Yeh Nayan Dare Dare" is one of my personal favorites. The way he performs this song, he just grabs your heart and won't let it go. An absolutely marvelous piece of singing.

Now for details of the songs and the songs themselves ...
jigri1
Thanks swarapriya ji !!!! "O Beqarar Dil.." and "Yeh Nayan Dare.." are on my all time favorite list...
frangipani
Thanks again Swarapriya. 'jhoom jhoom dhalti raat' and 'yeh nayan dare dare' are indeed timeless pieces, my favourites too. smile1.gif
-Frangipani
swarapriya
QUOTE(jigri1 @ Sep 17 2008, 08:32 AM) *

Thanks swarapriya ji !!!! "O Beqarar Dil.." and "Yeh Nayan Dare.." are on my all time favorite list...

You've great taste Jigriji. Cheers. -S
swarapriya
QUOTE(frangipani @ Sep 17 2008, 08:41 AM) *

Thanks again Swarapriya. 'jhoom jhoom dhalti raat' and 'yeh nayan dare dare' are indeed timeless pieces, my favourites too. smile1.gif
-Frangipani

We share the same tastes, at least in this respect. Cheers. -S
simplefable
SP..Though the two really are gems...Raah bani khud manzil...is also a lovely number. Hemant Da has this wonderfully dreamy voice, you just go flying.. I think this film is one of the finest in that genre.. horror/ suspense. smile.gif
swarapriya
QUOTE(simplefable @ Sep 18 2008, 01:47 AM) *

SP..Though the two really are gems...Raah bani khud manzil...is also a lovely number. Hemant Da has this wonderfully dreamy voice, you just go flying.. I think this film is one of the finest in that genre.. horror/ suspense. smile.gif

One thing comes clear from your response. We love Hemantda's voice and his beautiful compositions.

Cheers,
Swarapriya
HarshBhatt
Another one , Thank You.
smahesh
here is full film version of jhoom jhoom dhalti raat[courtesy hf-128-8.35]

enjoy,
mahesh
RajanCS
QUOTE(smahesh @ Sep 21 2008, 08:49 AM) *

enjoy,
mahesh

Maheshji,

Thanks a lot for uploading this beautiful haunting number from Kohra - Rajan
RajanCS
QUOTE(swarapriya @ Sep 17 2008, 01:12 PM) *

Kohraa (1964)

Here is a mystery that was based on Daphne du Maurier's famous novel "Rebecca". Alfred Hitchcok made this into a movie of the same name in 1940 that won his only best picture Oscar award. Incidentally, later on Hitchcock also made another Maurier story into a suspenseful movie masterpiece called "Birds".

In Hindi version of "Rebecca", Biswajeet was not even close to what Sir Laurence Olibvier did in acting. But Waheeda Rehman did stood her ground compared to Joan Fontaine's character.

There are only six songs in this movie but two of them are real gems. Lataji's "Jhoom Jhoom Dhalti Raat" is a masterpiece. She sings twice this song in the movie. Hemantda's "Yeh Nayan Dare Dare" is one of my personal favorites. The way he performs this song, he just grabs your heart and won't let it go. An absolutely marvelous piece of singing.

Now for details of the songs and the songs themselves ...

Swarapriyaji,

thanks a lot for uploading this excellent album - Rajan
swarapriya
QUOTE(smahesh @ Sep 20 2008, 08:19 PM) *

enjoy,
mahesh

Maheshji,

You're absolutely great. Thaks for this extended version of the song.

Cheers,
Swarapriya
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.