Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shammi Kapoor
Hamara Forums > Music > Sangeet Ke Sitarey
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
swarapriya
Shammi Kapoor - His Movies & His Songs

Shammi Kappor has been in the movie industry for a very very long time. He first appeared in 1953 in "Thokar" when he was 22. Since then he acted in over 130 movies. Though he struggled initially as an actor, after marrying another actress (Geetabali), his life changed forever under her able guidance. From a commercial also ran to he became a sought after atcor.

I am starting this new series on Shammi. I have many of his movies in CDs. I am missing some of them from his early years, and may be one or two from the later years. I would like to share these songs with you in coming months and invite the members to share any missing songs to complete the albums.

To start with here is the part 1 of his filmography ...
swarapriya
Shammi Kapoor Filmography Continued ...

Shammi, in the wake of his unprecedented popularity, has made many newcomers stars. Once he found his groove with Rafiji, the tandem produced some of the best songs ever.

Here is part 2 of his filmography ...

swarapriya
Shammi Kapoor Filmography Continued ...

Shammi Kapoor is the original Yahoo man (made famous from his movie "Junglee"). It has become internet and worldwide phenomenon nearly 40 years after Shammi invented Yahoo.

Conitnuing his filmography ...

swarapriya
Jeevan Jyoti (1953)

Shammi made his movie acting debut with another movie made in 1953 called "Thokar". But this movie also was made in the same year. It has music by Burmanda. It was directed by Mahesh Kaul, who was renowned as a brilliant director. The leading lady for this movie was Chand Usmani who was runnerup in a talent and beauty contest (winner was Peace Kanwal). Chand Usmani also is a sister of the great actress Meena Kumari. Pairing with new leading ladies started for Shammi right from the beginning.

Another feature is that Shammi sang a song (a duet) in this movie. Burmanda had Shammi's older brother, the famous Raj Kapoor sing also in "Dil Ki Rani (1947)". I don't know how many other movies of Shammi Burmanda composed music for. Probably not too many.

There are supposed to be 13 songs in this movie. I am able to upload only two of them. Please share with us if you have any missing ones. The missing songs are shown in red italics in the table below.

Now for details of the songs ...

swarapriya
Khoj (1953)

I don't have many details of this movie. I am not even sure who the leading lady was. I am uploading only one song. This is a great one by Rafi Saab. I know only of another song that I have included in the table below in red italics.

The music was composed by Nisar Bazmi. Not a household name here. But he was in Pakistan. He composed music apparently close to 40 in India before migrating to Pakistan in 1962. 14 of his movies were released after his migration.

He enjoyed a brilliant career with many successes, awards, recognition, and adulation in Pakistan. I am including one of his recent photographs below. He passed away last year.

Incidentally, Laxmikant-Pyarelal were asistants to Bazmi Saab. He introduced Anand Bakshi as a lyricist for one of his movies called "Bhola Aadmi".

Now for little details that I know of ...
swarapriya
Laila Majnu (1953)

This is one of the five movies Shammi made in his debut year of 1953. It has some beautiful songs composed by Ghulam Mohammed Saab. Incidentally, yeras later, Shammi's nephew, Rishi Kapoor, also acted in "Laila Majnu" that had music by Madan Mohan & Jaidevji.

There are 16 songs in this movie. I am able to upload 12 of them. The missing songs are shown in red italics in the table below. Please kindly share if you have the missing ones.

Now for details of the songs and the songs themselves ...
swarapriya
Laila Majnu (1953) Songs Continued ...

Continuing with the songs of "Laila Majnu (1953)" ...

Exon
QUOTE(swarapriya @ Aug 1 2008, 08:02 PM) *

Jeevan Jyoti (1953)

Shammi made his movie acting debut with another movie made in 1953 called "Thokar". But this movie also was made in the same year. It has music by Burmanda. It was directed by Mahesh Kaul, who was renowned as a brilliant director. The leading lady for this movie was Chand Usmani who was runnerup in a talent and beauty contest (winner was Peace Kanwal). Chand Usmani also is a sister of the great actress Meena Kumari. Pairing with new leading ladies started for Shammi right from the beginning.

Another feature is that Shammi sang a song (a duet) in this movie. Burmanda had Shammi's older brother, the famous Raj Kapoor sing also in "Dil Ki Rani (1947)". I don't know how many other movies of Shammi Burmanda composed music for. Probably not too many.

There are supposed to be 13 songs in this movie. I am able to upload only two of them. Please share with us if you have any missing ones. The missing songs are shown in red italics in the table below.

Swarapriya,

Good luck to this nice thread.
I am uploading most missing songs of Jeevan Jyoti. There is still one missing song, film version of 'chhaayi kaari badariyaa bairaniyaa ho raam'

Most of these song audios originated from HF members. Therefore, all credits go to them.

One song, 'Man Sheetal, Naina Soofal' was written by Pandit Narendra Sharma. All other songs written by Sahir Ludhianvi.

balmaa ne man haar leena, kaisa jaadu kiyaa re, more mujhse cheena re - Asha (3:16 \ 160)
Click to view attachment

chaandni ki paalki mein bait kar koyi aane waala hai ...
tasveeren nanti hain, kiranon se tanti hain, mere khayaalon mein aa - Asha Bhosle, Shammi Kapoor (4:14 \ 128)
Click to view attachment

chhaayi kaari badariyaa bairaniyaa ho raam, ghan badaraa gaganwaa jhukan laagi ho - Asha (version song; 3:20 \ 128)
Click to view attachment

chhaayi kaari badariyaa bairaniyaa ho raam, ghan badaraa gaganwaa jhukan laagi ho - Lata (record ver; 3:08 \ 160)
Click to view attachment

chhaayi kaari badariyaa bairaniyaa ho raam, ghan badaraa gaganwaa jhukan laagi ho - Lata Mangeshkar, female, chorus (film ver; Missing)

(sakhi re), darshan pyaase nain, nain humaare - Asha (1:52 \ 96)
Click to view attachment

saari khushiyaan saath aayi, aap jab - Shamshad Begum (3:06 \ 160)
Click to view attachment

so jaa re so jaa meri ankhiyon ke taare, mere raaj dulaare, raaj dulaare - Asha (version song; 4:01 \ 128)
Click to view attachment

so jaa re so jaa meri ankhiyon ke taare, mere raaj dulaare, raaj dulaare - Geeta (Film Ver [on Dulari]; 1:19 \ 128)
Click to view attachment

so jaa re so jaa meri ankhiyon ke taare, mere raaj dulaare, raaj dulaare - Lata (Film ver [on Chand Usmani]; 3:16 \ 160)
Click to view attachment

so jaa re so jaa meri ankhiyon ke taare, mere raaj dulaare, raaj dulaare - Lata, 2nd female (Film Ver; 1:34 \ 128)
Click to view attachment

Exon
parag_sankla
QUOTE(swarapriya @ Aug 1 2008, 07:04 AM) *

Shammi Kapoor - His Movies & His Songs

Shammi Kappor has been in the movie industry for a very very long time. He first appeared in 1953 in "Thokar" when he was 22. Since then he acted in over 130 movies. Though he struggled initially as an actor, after marrying another actress (Geetabali), his life changed forever under her able guidance. From a commercial also ran to he became a sought after atcor.

I am starting this new series on Shammi. I have many of his movies in CDs. I am missing some of them from his early years, and may be one or two from the later years. I would like to share these songs with you in coming months and invite the members to share any missing songs to complete the albums.

To start with here is the part 1 of his filmography ...

Another winner thread from Swarapriya's khazana of immortal music.

bow.gif

Thank you so much for all your efforts and hard work in putting these themes and songs together.

I will surely be checking this thread on regular basis and will be more than happy to contribute anything from my side.

Cheers
Parag
swarapriya
QUOTE(Exon @ Aug 1 2008, 08:51 AM) *

Swarapriya,

Later in the day, I will fill-in the missing songs of Jeevan Jyoti. I am missing only one song, film version of 'chhaayi kaari badariyaa bairaniyaa ho raam'

Exon

Exon. Fabulous. I know I can count on you.

Thanks and cheers,
Swarapriya
swarapriya
QUOTE(parag_sankla @ Aug 1 2008, 09:35 AM) *

Another winner thread from Swarapriya's khazana of immortal music.

bow.gif

Thank you so much for all your efforts and hard work in putting these themes and songs together.

I will surely be checking this thread on regular basis and will be more than happy to contribute anything from my side.

Cheers
Parag

Parag,

Thanks. I am expecting all kinds of support from regualr contributors like yourself. This thread belongs to all of us even though for now it appeears as f I am in the driver's seat.

Cheers,
Swarapriya
ketaki shukla
Thanks for sharing Swarapriya.

Keep it up.

Good Luck.

Ketaki.
Exon
QUOTE(swarapriya @ Aug 1 2008, 08:56 PM) *

Laila Majnu (1953)

This is one of the five movies Shammi made in his debut year of 1953. It has some beautiful songs composed by Ghulam Mohammed Saab. Incidentally, yeras later, Shammi's nephew, Rishi Kapoor, also acted in "Laila Majnu" that had music by Madan Mohan & Jaidevji.

There are 16 songs in this movie. I am able to upload 12 of them. The missing songs are shown in red italics in the table below. Please kindly share if you have the missing ones.

Swarapriya,

The missing song labeled 'main teri shamma hoon...' is the introductory line for 'yaad teri zindagi ka saaz bankar raha gayi' song.
'Tere dar pe aaya hoon' song by Talat was recorded for this movie but was not used here. It was later used in Chor Bazaar (1954).

Another misssing song is available at the following link.

Ai sanam yeh zindagi, aayi hai lekar mujhe, karle baaten pyaar ki - Shamshad Begum, chorus
http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?s=&a...st&p=499099

Exon
swarapriya
QUOTE(ketaki shukla @ Aug 1 2008, 12:56 PM) *

Thanks for sharing Swarapriya.

Keep it up.

Good Luck.

Ketaki.

Thank you Ketaki. -S
swarapriya
QUOTE(Exon @ Aug 1 2008, 02:20 PM) *

[Swarapriya,

The missing song labeled 'main teri shamma hoon...' is the introductory line for 'yaad teri zindagi ka saaz bankar raha gayi' song.

Ai sanam yeh zindagi, aayi hai lekar mujhe, karle baaten pyaar ki - Shamshad Begum, chorus

Exon

Thanks a million, Exon. -S
Exon
QUOTE(swarapriya @ Aug 2 2008, 02:55 AM) *

QUOTE(Exon @ Aug 1 2008, 02:20 PM) *

[Swarapriya,

Exon

Thanks a million, Exon. -S

You are very welcome, Swarapriya.

I have a note with this album that suggests 3 out of 14 songs of this movie (Laila Majnu 1953) were composed by Sardar Malik. Senior members please confirm and fill in the details.

Exon
Sangeet
Click to view attachment

Looks Like 2 Asha - Talat Duet is by Sardar Malik.
r&d
while talatmahmood.net and CD
says Ghulam Mohammad

http://talatmahmood.net/duetslist.htm

http://www.kaustubh.com/search.asp?exact=t...0Majnu%20(1953)
swarapriya
QUOTE(Sangeet @ Aug 1 2008, 08:00 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Apart from the valuable information it gives, that cover picture on the record is also a real beauty Sangeetji. Thank you very much for sharing it with us.

Cheers,
Swarapriya
Exon
QUOTE(Sangeet @ Aug 2 2008, 08:30 AM) *

Click to view attachment

Sangeet,

Thanks a lot for confirming the MDs.
The third song composed by Sardar Malik might be 'Tere dar pe aaya hoon', a song that was moved to Chor Bazaar.

Exon
Erum Hashmi
Another feather in the cap!
Best of luck, Swarapriyaji!
swarapriya
QUOTE(Erum Hashmi @ Aug 2 2008, 11:23 AM) *

Another feather in the cap!
Best of luck, Swarapriyaji!

Thank you Erumji. I will need help and support from people like yourself along the way.

Cheers,
Swarapriya
Sangeet
QUOTE(swarapriya @ Aug 2 2008, 12:21 PM) *

Apart from the valuable information it gives, that cover picture on the record is also a real beauty Sangeetji. Thank you very much for sharing it with us.

Cheers,
Swarapriya

Its not my scan Priyaji but found it on net. here is the Front cover

Click to view attachment
swarapriya
QUOTE(Sangeet @ Aug 2 2008, 05:54 PM) *

Its not my scan Priyaji but found it on net. here is the Front cover

Click to view attachment

Irrespective of its source, both front and back covers are great. Thanks a bunch. -S
swarapriya
Rail Ka Dibba (1953)

Here is another 1953 movie of Shammi Kapoor. Even though this was his debut year, he had five movies released in the same year each with a different heroine. Here he is working with beautiful Madhubala. Ghulam Mohammad, who shared music composition duties with Sardar Malik for his "Laila Majnu (1953)" movie, provided music for this album. I am not certain of how many songs this movie has. I am uploading six of them here. Source for these has been various places including this Forum.

gop
Thanks Swarapriya for the Rail Ka Dibba and Laila Majnu album.

gop
sripur03
QUOTE(gop @ Aug 4 2008, 03:57 PM) *

gop

My thanks also.
swarapriya
QUOTE(gop @ Aug 4 2008, 03:27 AM) *

gop

gop ji, you're very much welcome. Cheers. -S
Pratul
Swarapriya Ji,
A great thread once again. This thread will surely present the cream of HFM. Thanks a lot for starting this one.

Pratul
swarapriya
QUOTE(Pratul @ Aug 4 2008, 09:47 PM) *

Swarapriya Ji,
A great thread once again. This thread will surely present the cream of HFM. Thanks a lot for starting this one.

Pratul

Thanks Pratulji. Cheers. -S
lakshmi
QUOTE(Exon @ Aug 1 2008, 10:21 PM) *

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Aug 1 2008, 08:02 PM) *

Jeevan Jyoti (1953)

Swarapriya,

I am uploading most missing songs of Jeevan Jyoti. There is still one missing song, film version of 'chhaayi kaari badariyaa bairaniyaa ho raam'

Most of these song audios originated from HF members. Therefore, all credits go to them.

One song, 'Man Sheetal, Naina Soofal' was written by Pandit Narendra Sharma. All other songs written by Sahir Ludhianvi.

balmaa ne man haar leena, kaisa jaadu kiyaa re, more mujhse cheena re - Asha (3:16 \ 160)
Click to view attachment

chaandni ki paalki mein bait kar koyi aane waala hai ...
tasveeren nanti hain, kiranon se tanti hain, mere khayaalon mein aa - Asha Bhosle, Shammi Kapoor (4:14 \ 128)
Click to view attachment

chhaayi kaari badariyaa bairaniyaa ho raam, ghan badaraa gaganwaa jhukan laagi ho - Asha (version song; 3:20 \ 128)
Click to view attachment

chhaayi kaari badariyaa bairaniyaa ho raam, ghan badaraa gaganwaa jhukan laagi ho - Lata (record ver; 3:08 \ 160)
Click to view attachment

chhaayi kaari badariyaa bairaniyaa ho raam, ghan badaraa gaganwaa jhukan laagi ho - Lata Mangeshkar, female, chorus (film ver; Missing)

(sakhi re), darshan pyaase nain, nain humaare - Asha (1:52 \ 96)
Click to view attachment

saari khushiyaan saath aayi, aap jab - Shamshad Begum (3:06 \ 160)
Click to view attachment

so jaa re so jaa meri ankhiyon ke taare, mere raaj dulaare, raaj dulaare - Asha (version song; 4:01 \ 128)
Click to view attachment

so jaa re so jaa meri ankhiyon ke taare, mere raaj dulaare, raaj dulaare - Geeta (Film Ver [on Dulari]; 1:19 \ 128)
Click to view attachment

so jaa re so jaa meri ankhiyon ke taare, mere raaj dulaare, raaj dulaare - Lata (Film ver [on Chand Usmani]; 3:16 \ 160)
Click to view attachment

so jaa re so jaa meri ankhiyon ke taare, mere raaj dulaare, raaj dulaare - Lata, 2nd female (Film Ver; 1:34 \ 128)
Click to view attachment

Exon

Thank you very much Swarapriya for starting this wonderful thread and thanks Exon for your contribution.

Lakshmi
swarapriya
QUOTE(lakshmi @ Aug 5 2008, 05:38 AM) *

Thank you very much Swarapriya for starting this wonderful thread and thanks Exon for your contribution.

Lakshmi

Thank you very much Lakshmiji. Counting on support for any missing songs whenever possible.

Cheers,
Swarapriya
swarapriya
Thokar (1953)

"Thokar" is the movie in which Shammi Kapoor made his debut. He was only 22 then. He did have acting experience touring with Prithvi Theatre Company (his father's) playing bit roles in various plays. By this time, both his father, Prithviraj Kapoor, and his older brother, Raj Kapoor, have firmly established themselves in the movie industry as formidable forces to reckon with. So when he decided to make a plunge into acting in movies, not just one, but five producers signed him.

Unfortunately for Shammi, eventhough he was in the hands of reputable directors, and was a leading man opposite several established actresses (like Madhubala, Nutan, and Suraiya) it wasn't an auspicious start for him. None of these movies were commercial successes.

One great feature about "Thokar" is its music composed by Sardar Malik. The songs "Aye Gham-E-Dil Kya Karoon" are outstanding. These were written by the famous poet Majaz (his picture is given below). In real life Majazji was Asraar Ul Haq. He was uncle of the great lyricist of today, Javed Akhtar. Javed Akhtar's father, himself another great lyricist, Jan Nisar Akhtar, was married to Majajz's sister.

Majazji was considered to be a romantic poet. He was regarded by many as Keats of India. Among others he was a contemporary of Sahir Ludhianvi. Eventhough Sahir initially didn't have good opinion of Majazji as a person (Majaz was an alocoholic), his poems won over him and they became very good friends until Majaz's death in 1955 at the young age of 44. For several years preceding his death, Majazji who depeneded on heavy drinking suffered several nervous breakdowns and also was institutionalized for some time. Inspite of all kinds of hardships, the genius in Majaz was still alive and stayed sober enough to write. His works were published in several books. One of his famous books is "Awaara". The song "Aye Gham-E-Dil" is one of the songs from that book.

Government of India honored Majaz's meomory by issuing a commemorative stamp recently in March 2008.

I am uploading four songs of this album. Two missing songs are listed in red italiics in the table below. Requesting members to share them if they have them. The song list may or may not be complete.

surhall
sangeet ka safar have this video

so jaa re so jaa meri ankhiyon ke taare, mere raaj dulaare, raaj dulaare

this song movie ___???

music ???

LY---???

singer ??
dhall
surhall
QUOTE(surhall @ Aug 6 2008, 05:33 AM) *

this song movie ___???

music ???

LY---???

singer ??
dhall

hi I wating for were this song come ?? same movie ??

dhall
Exon
QUOTE(surhall @ Aug 6 2008, 07:57 PM) *

this song movie ___???

music ???

LY---???

singer ??
dhall

dhall

Dear Surhall,

I listened to the song on YouTube. RajDulare
raaj dulaare, raaj dulaare tohe dil mein basaaoon, tohe geet sunaaoon
geet sunaaoon, ho mere akhiyon ke taare, main toh waari waari jaaoon

According to the video title, it is from a Pakistani film called Naukar.

Exon

surhall
QUOTE(Exon @ Aug 6 2008, 08:15 PM) *

QUOTE(surhall @ Aug 6 2008, 07:57 PM) *

this song movie ___???

music ???

LY---???

singer ??
dhall

dhall

Dear Surhall,

I listened to the song on YouTube. RajDulare
raaj dulaare, raaj dulaare tohe dil mein basaaoon, tohe geet sunaaoon
geet sunaaoon, ho mere akhiyon ke taare, main toh waari waari jaaoon

According to the video title, it is from a Pakistani film called Naukar.

Exon

this same song( words) ??
dhall
HarshBhatt
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif Rocking Rocking Rocking Rocking Rocking Rocking Rocking biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
swarapriya
Chor Bazar (1954)

This movie, "Chor Bazar (1954)", is another one of the series of movies that met the same fate as other earlier efforts of Shammi. He had tough early going.

Sardar Malik provided the tunes for this movie. I happen to have only three songs from it. There are at least three other songs that are missing. These are shown in red italics in the following table. There may be others missing too. If any one of our members have better knowledge about these songs and have the songs, please share with us.

Now for details of the songs of "Chor Bazar (1954)" and the songs themselves ...

swarapriya
Ehsaan (1954)

Maestro Madan Mohan was in-charge for the music of this movie. There seven are songs I know of that are in this album. I got only two of them that I am uploading. Requesting members to share missinng songs if they have them. These are shown in red italics in the table below.

Now for the details of the songs ...

Exon
QUOTE(swarapriya @ Aug 8 2008, 12:36 PM) *

Chor Bazar (1954)

This movie, "Chor Bazar (1954)", is another one of the series of movies that met the same fate as other earlier efforts of Shammi. He had tough early going.

Sardar Malik provided the tunes for this movie. I happen to have only three songs from it. There are at least three other songs that are missing. These are shown in red italics in the following table. There may be others missing too. If any one of our members have better knowledge about these songs and have the songs, please share with us.

Now for details of the songs of "Chor Bazar (1954)" and the songs themselves ...

Swarapriya,

Thanks a lot for the Chor Bazaar songs.
One song, 'Dar-dar ki tokre hain' is often associated with Hoor-e-Arab movie.
http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?s=&a...st&p=476581
I don't know the details. It's possible, it was recorded for Chor Bazaar and used in Hoor-e-Arab. Senior members may please clarify.

Exon
swarapriya
Gul Sanobar (1954)

There are at least six songs in this album. They were composed by Bulo C. Rani. The song "Kya Aise Bhi Aansoo Hain" may have been composed by Khayyam under the name Sharmaji. However, I do not have a single song from this album. I am inviting members to share if they happen to have any of these songs. The song list, which may or may not be complete, is given below:

swarapriya
Mehbooba (1954)

This movie eventhough was commercially unsuccessful, became a milestone in the Hindi film industry as a movie in which Lata Mangeshkar refused to sing for the music director O.P. Nayyar who midway through its production replaced Roshan, who was signed to be the original music director. The producer of the movie, K. Amarnath, decided to replace Roshanji after he composed three songs for this movie with O.P.

It is not clear why Lataji lost her cool with OP. She already had a solo and a duet recorded for the movie by Roshan. OP, who has one or two movies under his belt and not yet a recognizable name, retorted to Lataji, who already could wield enormous clout in the film industry, that he didn't needed her. To make things worse Shamshadji declared publicly that she will be more than happy to sing for OP. OP did use her voice for the songs he composed for this movie. All in all he had five songs to Roshanji's three.

These songs are hard to find. Until a week ago I didn't have a single one. But Sukeshji, one of our prolific contributor to the Forum, uploaded couple of songs from this film. I am uploading only those songs here. The missing songs are given in the table below in red italics. If anyone of the members have them, please kindly share.

swarapriya
QUOTE(Exon @ Aug 8 2008, 05:47 AM) *

Swarapriya,

Thanks a lot for the Chor Bazaar songs.
One song, 'Dar-dar ki tokre hain' is often associated with Hoor-e-Arab movie.
http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?s=&a...st&p=476581
I don't know the details. It's possible, it was recorded for Chor Bazaar and used in Hoor-e-Arab. Senior members may please clarify.

Exon

Thanks for the info. Cheers. -S
parag_sankla
QUOTE(swarapriya @ Aug 8 2008, 07:12 AM) *

Mehbooba (1954)

This movie eventhough was commercially unsuccessful, became a milestone in the Hindi film industry as a movie in which Lata Mangeshkar refused to sing for the music director O.P. Nayyar who midway through its production replaced Roshan, who was signed to be the original music director.

It is not clear why Lataji lost her cool with OP. She already had a solo and a duet recorded for the movie by Roshan. OP, who has one or two movies under his belt and not yet a recognizable name, retorted to Lataji, who already could wield enormous clout in the film industry, that he didn't needed her.

OP, in many of his interviews, has strongly refused this. He maintained that he never intended to invite Lata ji for recording any song because he always thought that her "thin" voice did not suit his compositions. I am not sure if Shamshad ji did or did not make a public statement on the matter of songs in this film.

Thanks for bringing out one after another rare albums of the golden fifties !

Cheers
Parag

swarapriya
QUOTE(parag_sankla @ Aug 8 2008, 08:37 AM) *

OP, in many of his interviews, has strongly refused this. He maintained that he never intended to invite Lata ji for recording any song because he always thought that her "thin" voice did not suit his compositions. I am not sure if Shamshad ji did or did not make a public statement on the matter of songs in this film.

Cheers
Parag

I wonder whether Lataji ever gave her side of the story. Cheers. -S
parag_sankla
QUOTE(swarapriya @ Aug 8 2008, 09:03 AM) *

QUOTE(parag_sankla @ Aug 8 2008, 08:37 AM) *

Cheers
Parag

I wonder whether Lataji ever gave her side of the story. Cheers. -S

Swarapriya, I have the highest regards for Lata ji as the numero uno singer, so I hope whatever I wrote is not taken (by any one) in a wrong way. Whatever I have written above is strictly OP's personal opinion.

tongue1.gif

I have never read anything Lata ji said about this episode (or in general why she did not sing for OP).

Experts can give more inputs !

Cheers
Parag
swarapriya
Shama Parwana (1954)

Here is another album from 1954 starring Shammi. It is amazing that inspite of the string of flops he had five films released in his debut year 1953 followed by another five in 1954. There must have been something that these producers saw in him and hoped for a big success. Also, there is that Kapoor myth with Shammi's father and older brother already highly respected figures in the industry. Whatever it is, I am glad Shammi kept going because his best was just ahead for him that would last many many years.

In this album there are 12 beautiful songs with Suraiya, the leading lady of this movie, dominating with several sweet songs. I also have two extended versions that were ripped from a DVD. Most songs came from a CD but others came from different sources. Therefore quality of the songs is not quite uniform.

swarapriya
Songs Of Shama Parwana (1954) Continued ...

Here are the rest of the songs from the album "Shama Parwana (1954)" ...

surhall

sangeet ka safar have -aise aur na lootye ye dil

1953 Gul Sanobar

music-- BULO C RANI

ly-kahf irfani

enjoy song

dhall
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.