Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Next Best singer
Hamara Forums > Music > Singers > Sonu Nigam
Pages: 1, 2
past21
Room,
As u all know, Sonu started his Carrier as Copycating Rafi Saheb, like many other Singers(Mahendra Kapoor, Mohd Aziz,Anwar) to name a few........
But according to me if v exclude Kapoor Saheb(as he is the Only "Shagird" of Rafi Saheb, only Sonu fulfill the Requirement to be a Full Fledge Singer and a person 2(Rafi Saheb was a Gem of a singer and Person) leaving every1 far behind(V can only THINK of Anwar, but he is lagging far behind- thanks to his passion for WineS!
)
So can v rate sonu as Rafi Saheb's Best Clone or Will there b new ones?
Hope to hear a lot from u all
More to come.............

...Pawan
Pradeep
Undoubtedly!!!
Nimii
Ya allah! Ya Khuda ! Yeh kya ho raha hai sad.gif
Chitralekha
Yes, he's the closest one, but there can only be one original. smile.gif
Nimii
nimii bangs her head on kb sad.gif

tsk tsk:(
Pradeep
keyboard nahin chahiye tho ... de de de de de de de de mujhko..
past21
N,
If u repeat the task of Kybrd Hitting
u will get,
"Abort,Retry Error"
So Plz Salm than Head of urs at any other Place(What abt The Table, Carrying ur Monitors Weight?)
;-)

(As KK would say:-------
"Hum Bolenga to Bolengo ki Bolta hai"

Pawan
past21
Judge ur Self How is Sonu Doing.......?
past21
And what abt this Old one from Sonu
Nimii
QUOTE (Pradeep @ Dec 26 2003, 08:55 AM)

arghhhhhhhh keyboard tik rahega lekin mera thopda break hoga re :E

N :EEEEEEEEEE
Nimii
QUOTE (past21 @ Dec 26 2003, 12:49 PM)
N,
If u repeat the task of Kybrd Hitting
u will get,
"Abort,Retry Error"
So Plz Salm than Head of urs at any other Place(What abt The Table, Carrying ur Monitors Weight?)
;-)

(As KK would say:-------
"Hum Bolenga to Bolengo ki Bolta hai"

Pawan

ha ha ha Pawan good one wink.gif

ayyooooooooooooo i dont need any songs to judge..

Sonu sings his songs best.. that is it I would prefer to keep my trap shut as regards others aspects wink.gif

N tongue.gif
Chitralekha
QUOTE (Nimii @ Dec 26 2003, 07:26 AM)
QUOTE (Pradeep @ Dec 26 2003, 08:55 AM)

arghhhhhhhh keyboard tik rahega lekin mera thopda break hoga re :E

N :EEEEEEEEEE

LOL I hope there was no damage tongue.gif kaash there was undo key on there!! *sighhh*
Nimii
no no a crack developed last nite.. now I got a splittin headache sad.gif
rafik2

I have no problem of listening to Rafi Clones... n hope there will be more in future smile1.gif... some ppl are so much against cloning singing... i dont really understand why?
princeali
All the past Rafi clones failed to emulate the great singer simply because they did not have the range nor the voice to sing every kind of song.

I would say currently Sonu is the best Rafi clone out of all of them because he has a good range although you cannot compare their voices, Rafi saab's was pure magic whereas Sonu Nigam has a great voice.

I think Sonu should develop his own style, if he hasn't already, it would be better than just copying Rafi saab.
humble_rafi
in my opinion sonu is't the best clone so far not even a full fledge singer.ever clone of had their days and then they disappeared like a ghost.

sonu can only copy the light range of RAFI SAHAB,he has been in the indusrty for more then 10 yrs but he never changed his voice.he is too arrogant.

if i really respect any clone of RAFI SAHAB it is none other then MAHINDER KAPOOR coz he delevoped his own voice though he remained as a copycat like others.

same is applicaple to KISHORE DA's clones and MUKESH's clones.

a clone has a very short career
princeali
The times when Sonu has changed his voice is according to trends or the demands of the people involved with the film, i.e. music directors, producers etc. It is really disheartening to see him sing like a Kumar Sanu or Udit instead of singing like himself. If he sticks to his normal voice he is a good singer. His songs for example in Refugee were a treat. Ever wonder why he didn't get a break for such a long time, because politics kept him out when he clearly was more talented than others.

Anyhow, Sonu Nigam's voice or even the past clones who sounded similar to Rafi saab aren't even close to the golden voice, they all still lack the depth.

Humble_rafi bhai mentioned a point about Sonu's arrogance. I attended one of his stage shows here in Toronto, and when a person took a pic of him, he got upset and didn't like it at all.
humble_rafi
HAZAROON SAALE NARGIS AAPNI BENOORI PE ROOTI HAI
BADI HI MUSHKIL SE HOTA HAI CHAMMAN MEIN MOHAMMED RAFI SAHAB PAIDA
RafiKiAwaaz
I think I will make this my last reply on this clone issue. Sonu and others should stick to their own songs. They have hard time pleasing with their own style let alone singing Rafi Ji's. Sonu Nigam is NOT a great singer but a mediocre one. I have listened to him and he is one BORING singer. Please, use your head not your emotions and hear the quality of voice. Udit is good.
Viraj
princeali
Sonu can atleast sing melodic content as opposed to Udit or Sanu etc. who I prefer not to comment on tongue.gif . His recent 'Kal Ho Na Ho' was a pretty good job, it did fetch him an award did it not.

Since this is about clones of Rafi saab, and not other singers singing skills, I'll leave the discussion at that smile1.gif.
SAJJAD
Sonu sounds great/better with "EXTRA" echo...but his real voice lacks bass! Main difference btw clone(s) vs Rafi saab voice - Maturity/sweetness/clarity/range/dard!

kurtcobain
allow me to add my view guys...i apologise if i have hurt any of your sentiments

rafi sahab had too many qualities in his voice for one singer to be able to copy them all......but several singers have tried bit by bit

for eg,

softness- anwar and vipin used to get the tender gentle expression of rafi sahab fairly well

high pitch intensity- mohd aziz and at times shabbir kumar were good on the high tones, but they had rough voices on lower pitches, and where singing demanded soft expression

sonu nigam, well, i think sonu is the worst rafi clone ever...but then, thats why he is the most successfull among them all. by integrating the siniging styles of several singers (including sanu da), he has come up with his own 'original' style

to an extent this also applies to kumar sanu, who is probably worse at singing kishore kumars songs than abhijeet and babul are......but thats why he is the most successful, and has been able to formulate his own unique style of singing (softness like rafi on the lower pitches, nasal touch like mukesh on the intense high pitch...with a 'dard/senti' effect)...added to the mature quality of kishore da's voice

CONCLUSION: the worse 'clone' you are, the better your chances are of progressing as a singer in this industry, otherwise the label will never leave you

to an extent, if you have a voice different from the singer you copy (sonu's voice is harder than rafi's while sanu da's voice is softer and more nasal than kishore's), and still you manage to pull youself off as a clone, then i guess that also proves your talent at voice modulation , which also helps in progression of career......apart from helping you develop a unique singing style of your own
SAJJAD
QUOTE(past21 @ Dec 25 2003, 03:37 PM)
V can only THINK of Anwar, but he is lagging far behind- thanks to his passion for WineS!
...Pawan

Anwar drinks????? ohmy.gif Are u sure???
suhana_safar
QUOTE(SAJJAD @ Jun 3 2005, 09:38 PM)
V can only THINK of Anwar, but he is lagging far behind- thanks to his passion for WineS!
...Pawan

Sajjad Bhai

I was avoiding this thread for reasons I do no wish to go into. I bame you for getting me into it. laugh.gif

blab.gif Sajjad bhai what are you doing here discussing clones, humble rafi ji and prince ali bhai te same applies to you.

By the way our fiend is write about Anwar, he has drowned himself in the wrong waters.

Asha Sachdev the small time actress is his real sister. There was a time he was recoding 30 songs in a month. Feel sorry for the bloke. He could not digest the fact that he was the best Rafi clone.

Sajjad Bhai what are you up to. Where are those LP numbers.
AzgarKhan
QUOTE(RafiKiAwaaz @ Jun 3 2005, 01:26 AM)
I think I will make this my last reply on this clone issue. Sonu and others should stick to their own songs. They have hard time pleasing with their own style let alone singing Rafi Ji's. Sonu Nigam is NOT a great singer but a mediocre one. I have listened to him and he is one BORING singer. Please, use your head not your emotions and hear the quality of voice. Udit is good.
Viraj

I agree!!

If anyone has the SONU's version of Rafi's number KHILONA JAAN KAR TUM TOH (Movie: Khilona), please listen to it. You would never hear SONU again, and as far as my singing knowledge goes its not a high scale number. Sonu Nigam cant sing his own numbers in high scale, listen to the song in L.O.C, "Pyar bhara geet koi", he failed miserably in the Antra.

The idea of cloning hit the music industry when people wanted Stereo version's of old songs. Most listeners of Cloned music have no idea about music. The target audience are poor listeners who want stereo effects with melody, and the culprit was the CEO of T-Series (Gulshan Kumar).

I could be wrong, but thats what I think about Clone singers.
iqbal

Azgarji, what do you think of my ‘Khilona’ version ?

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?showtopic=11246
princeali
QUOTE(suhana_safar @ Jun 4 2005, 07:23 AM)
QUOTE(SAJJAD @ Jun 3 2005, 09:38 PM)
...Pawan

blab.gif Sajjad bhai what are you doing here discussing clones, humble rafi ji and prince ali bhai te same applies to you.

LoL suhana bhai, I couldn't help it tongue.gif laugh.gif

We all know that none of his clones or for that matter his non-clones can never reach his standards, as Rafi saab was in a class of his own.
SAJJAD
QUOTE(suhana_safar @ Jun 4 2005, 05:53 PM)

Why not? huh.gif

By the way our fiend is write about Anwar, he has drowned himself in the wrong waters.

Asha Sachdev the small time actress is his real sister. There was a time he was recoding 30 songs in a month. Feel sorry for the bloke. He could not digest the fact that he was the best Rafi clone.

ohmy.gif How can she be his sister? She is hindu! she was cute and naram garam tongue.gif
Sajjad Bhai what are you up to. Where are those LP numbers.

Nothing new man....Now, i can't download or upload any songs cry.gif At work, they loaded some security software on our PC to prevent us from uploading/downloading zip files! Also, i can't chat on yahoo or other chat sites....i am pi$$ed abuse.gif  What LPs??? I don't have a single LP! I belong to CD/MP3 generation tongue.gif U have mistaken me for Unni Bhai laugh.gif

AzgarKhan
QUOTE(iqbal @ Jun 6 2005, 09:17 PM)
Azgarji, what do you think of my ‘Khilona’ version ?

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?showtopic=11246

Nice one Iqbal Bhai, Here is my version of the same song.

Khilona Jaan Kar Tum Toh - Solo - Azgar Khan
khan
Yes, of course Sonu is behind Rafi Sahib alongwith Anwar. But I would say that Sonu has the talent to sing Rafi Sahib songs... his voice is of course matured and melodious...
RafiKiAwaaz
When will this STOP!!! AS I have said earlier, I have heard both Rafi Sahab and Sonu Nigam in
real, with my own ears and DON'T EVEN GO THERE!!! There is NO MATCH. Please stop this nonsense, Sonu Nigam has a mediocre voice, he doesn't sound anything like Rafi Sahab. Sorry for the harsh words but this comparison MUST stop. Still someone who has a great voice like Rafi Sahab is Mahendra Kapoor. I heard him few months back, what a voice.
RafiKiAwaaz
nadeem mohd
hi guys.. i think anwar sang 1 or 2 songs from the movie janta hawadar which were little similar to rafi sahabs voice. i think he was similar to 10% of rafi sahabs voice. And about sonu nigam, i think he doesnt match 10 % of anwars voice also. i think it is impossible to match rafi sahab and sonu nigam. RAFI SAHAB IS A LENGEND AND REMAIN LEGEND ALWAYS... BYE biggrin.gif
oye_sonu
People hardly think abt language while commenting on other singers (other then their fav one.)

Can u ever create a voice similar to Rafi ??? Anwar was the first one. Shabbir was tried by LP for few years and then Mohd aziz. and now Sonu.

Aaj tak koi exact copy mili??? every one had some quality of Rafi's voice.but no one was complete.

Anwar was closest one but even his voice had some problems. same thing applies for others who came after him.

Iam of the view Rafi sab was the best singer till now. but yaar at least dusre singers ko down to mat karo ki unki awaj ko mediocre bana do???

The whole world knows abt similarity of Sonu's voice with tht of Rafi's. Sonu's Rafi song cassettes have sold millions of copies. log itne bewkoof nehi hai ki Rafi ki awaj hi nehi pehchante???

Film industry mein cut throat competition hai... ek singer hata nehi ke hunderds talented singers uski jagah lene ke liye tayar. Ab agar aap log yeh kaho ke aaj ke top singers just ek mediocre voice hai to shayad I think India mein talent ka bahut bura haal hai. shayad tabhi National awards ab mediocre singers ko deye jaate hain??

This what Manna dey once said to Sonu nigam :

"you are born in the wrong era. You should have been born during our era, then we would have been your worthy competitors".

Even I used to hate one KK clone.but I never used to call him mediocre singer or with 5-10% capability singer.

Sonu ki voice mein kamiyan ho sakti hai but atleast itna bura bhi nehi hai jitna aap logo ne bana diya hai.

Voice similar hai ya nehi.......apna apna view hai....but atleast " singing capability" per useless comment mat karo. plz take care in future..this is request. unsure.gif

god bless

Sonu

NATURE
well, some points about sonu nigam ...

+(ve) points
1. very good in singing many rafi songs
2. very good in singing many semi classical songs
3. the range is quite good

-(ve) points
1. almost sucks when it comes to singing in high pitch, it seems he hardly
does the job and the melody & rhythm of the song get changed
2. very light voice, totally zero base.
3. whether it is romantic or sad, he uses his tipical style. i am not able to
describe that particular way singing, but that's his identity to me ...

only few singers i have found, whos voices remain absolutely masculine, 100% base no matter
whether they r singing in low pitch or in high pitch. kishore kumar(from old days), udit nayaran, abhijeet,
and yesudas ( among 2days ) r a few to name ... but it matters how versatile u r. 2days, udit has a different voice
and has 6 yrs of hindustani classical training but i doubt how good he is in singing even semi classical
songs ... and also sucks in singing songs where we find lots of ups & downs( i said that already),
simple and plain songs suit his voice better ... but i prefer his voice over sonu.
--------------------------
QUOTE(oye_sonu @ Jun 12 2006, 10:56 AM) *

Aaj tak koi exact copy mili??? every one had some quality of Rafi's voice.but no one was complete.

oye sonu, exact copy agar mil jaaye to exact aur copy mein farq kya rah jaayegaa ? kuchh to
differences, dissimilarities hogaa naa ? after all, they r two different persons ...
Nimii
-(ve) points
1. almost sucks when it comes to singing in high pitch, it seems he hardly
does the job and the melody & rhythm of the song get changed
2. very light voice, totally zero base.
3. whether it is romantic or sad, he uses his tipical style. i am not able to
describe that particular way singing, but that's his identity to me ...

I only agree with these points with you Nature unsure.gif

Rest I am not going to comment :Mouth sealed:

N

but i prefer his voice over sonu.

Any day!
AzgarKhan
Above all SONU doesnt have PAIN/SUFFERING in his voice. Lacks expression.

There is no comparision - Period.
Nimii
laugh.gif Azgar rollf.gif Well said tongue1.gif
oye_sonu
Okay great udit/sonu are not good. Its better to give reasons like above then to use useless words to describe singers.

So I dont have much problem with watevr u have written.

Now tell me abt ur choice, who among the current singers is better then these two !!

Waiting for reply

Sonu
Nimii
We are givin reasons only and not calling names Sonu!

Best singer??

I have stopped looking for one.. I juz go by the song .. singers seem secondary these days sad1.gif

N doh.gif
oye_sonu
QUOTE(NATURE @ Jun 12 2006, 04:27 PM) *

only few singers i have found, whos voices remain "absolutely masculine", 100% base no matter
whether they r singing in low pitch or in high pitch. kishore kumar(from old days), udit nayaran, abhijeet,
and yesudas ( among 2days ) r a few to name ...

--------------------------
QUOTE(oye_sonu @ Jun 12 2006, 10:56 AM) *

oye sonu, exact copy agar mil jaaye to exact aur copy mein farq kya rah jaayegaa ? kuchh to
differences, dissimilarities hogaa naa ? after all, they r two different persons ...

People were complaing that Sonu cant be said to be Rafi clone.......thats why i wrote abt exact copy.
He is among Rafi clones we cant ignore this. Stop waiting for some one having exact 100% rafi voice.

Sonu
Nimii
Wait! Why do we need someone like Rafi Sahab?!?!

My question is do we need clones?

Mebbe I dont think like you all do! Juz my opinion.

N doh.gif
oye_sonu
Sonu Nigam's Critic s :

"Khoobsoorat hai tu to hoon main bhi hasin
tu mujhe Aazmaane ki koshish na kar"

just remember no one is perfect thumbs-up.gif .

Sonu
Nimii
Perfection is not we are not talking about laugh.gif
RafiKiAwaaz
Well, you people force me to join this topic, though this has gone on too long. On my behalf, I am going to record Rafi Sahab's song form Dosti (Chaaunga Mei Tuhje) and tell me if there are people who can sing like our beloved Rafi Sahab. It is coming soon, but in the meantime just listen to Rafi Sahab's voice, the depth is amazing, Sonu has none. I have heard them both in real life and ears don't lie.
RKA!!!
oye_sonu
QUOTE(Nimii @ Jun 12 2006, 09:45 PM) *

Perfection is not we are not talking about laugh.gif

Kehne ka matlab hai jis tarah sonu nigam ki pitai ho rahi hai waise hi aapke singer ki bhi dhunai ho sakti hai.....coz wo bhi perfect nehi hai.....so take care abt wt u write. cool.gif

apoon thoda desi lang mein agaya cool.gif

Sonu

RafiKiAwaaz
There are still many great singers and great voices that are not in the lime light and some of them can sing like the Maestro. One will soon put a song on for all of you to hear.
RKA
SAJJAD
QUOTE(RafiKiAwaaz @ Jun 3 2005, 01:26 AM) *

Viraj

I agree with U 100%! His voice is NO where near Rafi Saab! Like U, i have seen him perform on stage....he is NO Rafi! With ALL the high tech and echo, his cover version songs resemble the original, but if u drop all the high tech. settings, his voice is very thin...I have the DVD of 50th Filmfare anniversary show, he sang few Rafi Saab's songs, he didn't sound anything like Rafi saab! IMHO, all clones r cheap imitations regardless of who the original singer is.
Nimii
Sajjad rollf.gif laugh.gif
bawlachintu
QUOTE(SAJJAD @ Jun 13 2006, 12:25 AM) *

Viraj

I agree with U 100%! His voice is NO where near Rafi Saab! Like U, i have seen him perform on stage....he is NO Rafi! With ALL the high tech and echo, his cover version songs resemble the original, but if u drop all the high tech. settings, his voice is very thin...I have the DVD of 50th Filmfare anniversary show, he sang few Rafi Saab's songs, he didn't sound anything like Rafi saab! IMHO, all clones r cheap imitations regardless of who the original singer is.

100% true.

As far as best new singer is concerned, it could be me too rollf.gif
oye_sonu
QUOTE(bawlachintu @ Jun 13 2006, 01:50 PM) *

QUOTE(SAJJAD @ Jun 13 2006, 12:25 AM) *

Viraj

100% true.

As far as best new singer is concerned, it could be me too rollf.gif

To chintu bhai aap bhi yehi sochte hai Sonu ki awaj match nehi karti Rafi se???( not singing calibre)

Singer kitne calibre ka hai yeh baad ki baat ajaati hai........pros aur cons kisi singer ka discuss karna bada lamba kaam hai. shayad yeh log sach ho.

but yahan per to logo ne Sonu ko clone manne se bhi mana kar diya hai laugh.gif laugh.gif . chalo apna no bhi fir jaldi ayega.....
Agar aajkal ke MDs agar isi tarah ke kaam lete rahe mediocre voices se, apna no door nehi.

Sonu
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.