Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need Help With Windows Explorer For Vista
Hamara Forums > General > Computing and Technology
parag_sankla
Hi All

I have been using Windows Vista and have a small issue. While using windows explorer, there are situations when one has files of different types in the same folder. Ex: mp3, winrar, zip etc.

Now in Vista, you can not simply sort by file type ! Every time I have to add that..thats painful..

This is what I have to do...

Please suggest if there is a way by which I can add "Type" as one of the columns to sort permanently.

Thanks

Parag

parag_sankla
So this is how I add the "Type" column

parag_sankla
And the next steps :
parag_sankla
so finally...
parag_sankla
So what setting do I need to do so that this column "Type" always appears in the windows explorer ?

Please help

Thanks in advance

Regards
Parag
deewani
I don't use Vista, but I'm currently on a pc that has it on it, I haven't checked to see if this works because I don't want to affect the folders on this pc that is not mine....but isn't it done the same as Windows XP for this?

In other words, in Vista, go to Organize, top left in your picture, choose Folder and Search Options. Under View Tab there, click Apply to Folders. If my hunch is right, it will remember your details that way (this is the same as in XP going to folder then options).

Let me know if that worked for you.
parag_sankla
OMG yes, that was so simple. I never paid any attention to that menu option called "Organize". Now I know !

These days if you buy any PC, they force Vista on you. I think the only company offering an option of OS is Dell. They recommend Vista but do offer XP as well.

Thanks once again D.

Cheers
Parag
Sangeet
Deewani To the rescue as always. biggrin.gif

I was also having the same issue .. Didn't know that taht organize option will change tha layout of all similar folders also bow.gif
deewani
Glad I could help. Now I know too, even though I don't plan to convert to Vista until my PC dies. But then I guess there's always that downgrade to XP option, lol. Got to love Windows, MS has got to be the first company in history to release a downgrade for their OS. laugh.gif Yeah, yeah, Vista is very pretty, but that pc I was on this weekend was way slower then my old girl here and that one was only few months old with far superior memory and power. . I got the feeling the OS was trying to control EVERYTHING so it's sluggish.
parag_sankla
D, working on MS office in Vista is almost impossible ! Every button, every menu option..everything is so different..

I am sorry but in my personal opinion Vista is one of the worst OS ever invented !

I think they wanted to make it user friendly, instead , it is so annoying..

Oh my God..I love good old XP !

Cheers
Parag
deewani
I just read that Vista sp1 (service pack 1) has been released, but if you have Intel chipsets (or other configurations listed), do check this article before you upgrade.... http://news.yahoo.com/s/cmp/20080321/tc_cmp/206904946

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.