Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Any Software To Remove Special Characters From Mp3?
Hamara Forums > General > Computing and Technology
humble_rafi
Guys i am looking for a software that can remove all the chosen special characters like ~`!@#$%^&*()_+|\=,./?><;:'"][}{ from the mp3 titles.I have to rename thousands of file into a standard form.

I heard there is a software,which does this.Its very similar to Excel(cleansing the data)

Please help me if you can.

Cheers!

musiclover77
i'm too lazy to walk you through the details so an outline

there are lots of programs that can do this. i'm sure there's one like you described.

1. get media monkey which is free; go to the media monkey forum and download a script that lets you do search & replace. that'll do it.

2. create an excel spreadsheet that has your file information. media monkey can generate such a report. edit the info in excel. then take a program called the godfather which imports the excel spreadsheet as tags for your music. very impressive and handy tool.
humble_rafi
I sounds complicated,is there any software?

I need to go through MM to use it properly.Its not user friendly.I do not like making codes and scripts.
Devje
QUOTE(humble_rafi @ Feb 26 2008, 08:21 PM) *

I need to go through MM to use it properly.Its not user friendly.I do not like making codes and scripts.

http://www.softpointer.com/tr.htm

Devji
parag_sankla
QUOTE(Devje @ Feb 26 2008, 11:04 AM) *

QUOTE(humble_rafi @ Feb 26 2008, 08:21 PM) *

http://www.softpointer.com/tr.htm

Devji

Dev ji bhai

Thanks for this link. The site says that the free version has only 30 days of trial.

Have you tried to use it for more than 30 days ?

Cheers
Parag
HarshBhatt
Thanks Devje, didn't know about this s/w. Once i manually deleted/changed the tagging of 4000 songs, took me over a month.
HumTum
Once i manually deleted/changed the tagging of 4000 songs, took me over a month.

Harsh bhai. ohmy.gif bow.gif Bowing to your virtue of PATIENCE. That's amazing!
Devje
I have a complete version .....you know how ??????? biggrin.gif

mail me.

Devji
zakaas4u
QUOTE(Devje @ Mar 1 2008, 01:53 PM) *

I have a complete version .....you know how ??????? biggrin.gif

mail me.

Devji

Click to view attachment

u can use this to rename, add or remove special characters.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.