Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Biopic On Guru !!
Hamara Forums > Legends > Kishore Kumar
kcp
http://www.mumbaimirror.com/net/mmpaper.as...2151057ab1e16da

Da’s the way I like it , Kunal M Shah

Filmmaker Nagesh Kukunoor is ready to make a biopic on legendary actor, singer, lyricist, composer, producer, director, screenwriter and scriptwriter Kishore Kumar. The artiste's professional as well as personal life was the stuff that soap operas are made of. The script of the film titled Kishoreda, is ready and will be produced by Percept Picture Company.

Our source informs, “Nagesh Kukunoor is an ardent fan of Kishore Kumar. He has seen all his films and loves his songs. This film is Nagesh's way of paying a tribute to Kishoreda. Nagesh believes that there will be no dearth of interesting incidents in the film as Kishoreda was known for his quirks as much as he was for his talent. Nagesh has already completed writing the script and will soon start casting for the film too.”

It is learnt that Nagesh and his creative team are already having meetings to finalise the actor who will play Kishore Kumar. Nagesh, who will also have to look for a singer whose voice resembles Kishore Kumar's, has found an ingenious way to look for the film's lead singer.

The source adds, “Nagesh and Percept have tied up with the show K for Kishore. After a few episodes, Nagesh will be seen on the show as one of the judges with Kishore Kumar's wife Leena Ganguly and his son Amit Kumar. The winner of the show will sing all the songs in the film. Nagesh and the creative team are looking for an actor to play the title role but it's not so easy. They have shortlisted a few names. They do not want a very big star to play the lead role. They are looking for an actor who can convincingly play Kishoreda.”

Sarita Patil, Business Head, Feature Films, Percept Picture Company, says, “It's too early to comment anything right now.” Nagesh Kukunoor too was unavailable for comment. But singing will certainly commence in September, which is when the film goes on the floors.

OMkar
I strongly feel Amit Kumar can play Kishoreda EXTREMELY WELL!!
kcp
It seems that Nagesh is to appear on the show today

kcp
Nagesh came in the show only for 5 mins. he confirmed that the film is on and that he will come in forthcoming episodes to choose one contestant to sing songs for "Kishoreda" !
HumTum
Nagesh Kukunoor managing the project. Good we have some hope there. smile.gif
kcp
http://www.buzz18.com/interviews/movies/ki...project/42261/2
‘Kishoreda is my dream project’
Kukunoor clears the air about his upcoming film, personal life and a lot more
—————–

Filmmaker Nagesh Kukunoor has stationed himself as a judge on the reality show K for Kishore on Sony TV with an intention to scout for a voice to match the late singer’s voice in his next film, Kishoreda

Tell us about your film Kishoreda.

Kishoreda is a biopic on the late singer-actor Kishore Kumar’s life. It will be a story about his personal and professional life. It had been on my mind for years now. I have always admired him ever since I was a teenager. To quote a cliché, it is a ‘dream project’. It was only a few things falling into place, which they have now.

Why are you striving to keep the project under wraps?

The reason why I’m not divulging many details about the project is because it’s in a nascent stage. A film at this level requires so much of research and documentation and I think should be talked about only when everything is concrete.

Kishore Kumar’s life was an abundance of interesting and colourful vignettes. Will your film be true to those details?

Of course! I will not attempt to hide anything about Kishoreda’s life; people know quite some of it. The parts that are not known are being researched upon. And all those stories will be incorporated in the film, which aims to be as amazing, fascinating and colourful as the great man’s life was. Of course, care will be taken to verify each piece of information thoroughly, to do justice to his life-story. I wouldn’t want to glorify any detail to gain undue mileage on his name.

Is this measure taken to avoid ugly controversies?

If you are hinting at the recent controversy about Leenaji (Leena Chandavarkar) being upset about the going ahead with the film, well, let me tell you that the controversy died a natural death. Though it’s true that she was upset. It was only a case of misunderstanding. I wanted to meet the family before but thought I’d do so after I make an announcement. Having explained this to Leenaji, she was completely convinced and the family is now going out of the way to help the project. But the gossip-hungry section of the media couldn’t wait even for that little bit to let me approach her and a small thing got blown into a national controversy.

A project of this stature demands immense research. What kind of research is in swing?

Oh! The team is scouring through old footage, written documentation to collect information about Kishoreda’s life - as a singer, actor, performer or family man. His family is helping us immensely by letting us become privy to information that couldn’t get documented. In fact, his family, friends and erstwhile colleagues are the largest treasure-trove of information we have at the moment. The research is going to be very extensive, which is why the project will go on floors only by around 2009.

What prompted you to become a judge on K for Kishore? Is it part of your research or a bid to seek the perfect voice for the movie?

Both. K for Kishore is a show that has done a fabulous job of culling voices closer to to Kishoreda’s and it couldn’t have come at a better timing than this. Having heard the singers on TV, I felt it would be the best place to scout for a personality and voice who would playback in my film. Also, I’m using this platform to let the Indian janta know that I’m making such a film and to appeal to them to come forward with any authentic documentation about Kishoreda that they have. There are people out there who have collected all his songs, have kept track of incidents in his life, and have anecdotes to narrate. Through this platform I want to request them to chip in with whatever information they have, in order to add to the biopic.
mmuk2004
KCP,

Very interesting information. I have not seen Hyderabad Blues but have seen Teen Deewarein, and admire Kukunoor's direction a great deal, based on that film. I can imagine it being a difficult project.
JAYA...
QUOTE(mmuk2004 @ Mar 6 2008, 03:13 AM) *

KCP,

Very interesting information. I have not seen Hyderabad Blues but have seen Teen Deewarein, and admire Kukunoor's direction a great deal, based on that film. I can imagine it being a difficult project.

Nagesh is good. I ve seen Hyd blues and liked his work. I am sure he will make a good film on KK
HumTum
Hyd Blues II was not so good. wacko.gif Though, I liked his movies Dor and Rockford. biggrin.gif
kcp
http://www.indiaprwire.com/pressrelease/en...00803117972.htm

Royalties worth approximately Rs 50-60 crore (Rs 500-600 million) were paid to the music industry in the past 18 months, and value added services - of which music with full song downloads, music videos and ring tones forms the bulk - are estimated to contribute 15-20 per cent to the overall telecommunication company revenues. About 400,000-500,000 ring tones are downloaded daily. Mono and polyphonic ring tones currently sell at a 75/25 ratio, while the fastest-growing ring tone genre is ring back tones with about 3.5 million users.

According to the research Mobile Music, ring tones and downloads are particularly popular with the youth. The IMImobile study into their own content downloads shows that when it comes to downloading mobile graphics (from WAP sites), Priyanka Chopra is the most popular! More images of Priyanka are downloaded than of her co-star, “King of Bollywood”, Shahrukh Khan! Kishore Kumar officially has silkiest voice as is downloaded more than any other Bollywood actor or actress for voice recordings of answer phone messages and other voice prompts..
debjyoti
QUOTE(kcp @ Mar 12 2008, 02:04 PM) *

http://www.indiaprwire.com/pressrelease/en...00803117972.htm

Royalties worth approximately Rs 50-60 crore (Rs 500-600 million) were paid to the music industry in the past 18 months, and value added services - of which music with full song downloads, music videos and ring tones forms the bulk - are estimated to contribute 15-20 per cent to the overall telecommunication company revenues. About 400,000-500,000 ring tones are downloaded daily. Mono and polyphonic ring tones currently sell at a 75/25 ratio, while the fastest-growing ring tone genre is ring back tones with about 3.5 million users.

According to the research Mobile Music, ring tones and downloads are particularly popular with the youth. The IMImobile study into their own content downloads shows that when it comes to downloading mobile graphics (from WAP sites), Priyanka Chopra is the most popular! More images of Priyanka are downloaded than of her co-star, “King of Bollywood”, Shahrukh Khan! Kishore Kumar officially has silkiest voice as is downloaded more than any other Bollywood actor or actress for voice recordings of answer phone messages and other voice prompts..

MAHAGURU KISHOREDA RULES THE WORLD.
debjyoti
I will like to mention that Mr Sujit Sirkar will also make a film on Kishore Kumar produced by UTV.So fans-
2 FILMS WILL BE MADE ON KISHORE KUMAR WITHIN THE NEXT 5 YEARS.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.