Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who's This?
Hamara Forums > General > Games N' Puzzles
rom
Guys, what happened to guess the picture contests? Poor ignorant me has nothing else to contribute otherwise. sad1.gif
So anyone can recognize this chappie, truly a legendary figure?
rom
No guess yet!
Hint: He's a real-life hero, nothing to do with arts.
Pradeep
No idea sad1.gif First I thot Brian.. but then he looks different.
Is he in IT?
bawlachintu
Mainu Sanjay Khan ka rishtedar dikhta hai blink.gif

chintu
unni
Forget his name, but isn't he the founder/owner of Virgin Atlantic?
Nimii
Who Unni Richard Branson??

No idea.. lets wait for Rom to declare it sad1.gif

Wonder where he gets such fundo pix!

N sad1.gif
rom
Not Richard Branson. And not rishtedaar of Sanjay Khan, either. Not in IT, too.
Chap is No. 1 in his chosen sphere of activity. Some say perhaps the greatest ever in his specialization.
Nimii
Ayyo I know.. Rom u wont be giving stuff so easy na wink2.gif

N tongue.gif
rom
Main to abhi hi bata doon, par agar kisi aur ne post dekh kar guess karna ho to?
Nimii
haan lets wait for the Great Game Master BJ!!

Well he is so busy playing Dandia or Garba somewhere tongue.gif

N tongue.gif
Bawra Jay
Yaar my knowledge is limited to bollywood and Music sad1.gif ... Yeh tau koi Bounrvita Quiz contest ka question lagta hai.... tongue.gif

Ok a wild guess from the picture background looks from nepal... is that guy to do anything with field of mountainering ?
rom
My my! Navratri dancing doesn't impair cerebral process, it seems, BJ ji! Makes it nimbler, rather! Yes, this chap does have something to do with mountaineering... a lot, in fact!
T ji, another brainy being, is around and will perhaps put two and two together and come up with... four! Let's wait a bit!
Talaikya
Ohhhh thanks Rom ji, but will have to 'fess up... me not brainy, me just fluke!!
Bawra Jay
QUOTE(rom @ Oct 18 2004, 10:29 AM)
My my! Navratri dancing doesn't impair cerebral process, it seems, BJ ji! Makes it nimbler, rather! Yes, this chap does have something to do with mountaineering... a lot, in fact!
T ji, another brainy being, is around and will perhaps put two and two together and come up with... four! Let's wait a bit!

By any chance is he Brent Bishop.... had seen him on National Geographic Channel, talking about the goal of cleaning up and making Mt Everest Environmentally clean ? But he didnt have a beard and moustache that time sad1.gif...

Lagta hai fir se school mei aa gaya hoon and preparing for winning another bounrvita quiz contest tongue.gif
vivekpm
Talking of mountaineering, is he by any chance Sir Edmund Hilary? Don't know how he looks though...

Tried to do some image search on google for him but it returned only his young photos which were clean shaven... Don't know how he looks like now sad1.gif

Cheers,
rom
Nobody's right yet. Not Hillary, not Bishop. T-g to even refused to guess. sad1.gif
Anyway, this gent is the most accomplished, most successful mountaineer ever. Universally recognized as the best-ever of all time.
Claimed to have solved the riddle of the Yeti, and detractors responded that frequent trips in high altitude without oxygen had impaired his intellect.
Bawra Jay
Solve the riddle of YETI... that should be it... the clue had the answer wink2.gif ...

Sir Reinhold Messner smile1.gif

Or maybe is he still alive ??? ... let me do some look up on his latest news... smile1.gif

Ok Dear ROM mistake corrected... ya he is still very much alive ... smile1.gif
rom
Absolutely right! The great Reinhold Messner. I've been an admirer for several years.
But late? As far as I know, he's alive... Kya maamla hei bhai?
rom (confused)
Bawra Jay
ok my mistake would take the word LATE out ....

Found a latest article and his own site as well.. dunno what language its in.. sad1.gif

user posted image
Talaikya
QUOTE(rom @ Oct 18 2004, 12:09 PM)
Nobody's right yet. Not Hillary, not Bishop. T-g to even refused to guess. sad1.gif
Anyway, this gent is the most accomplished, most successful mountaineer ever. Universally recognized as the best-ever of all time.
Claimed to have solved the riddle of the Yeti, and detractors responded that frequent trips in high altitude without oxygen had impaired his intellect.

Ab itne saare clues de doge to...

Anyways I just know 2 mountaineers - Hilary & Hall - and this pic wasn't of either... so.... wild guess karne se kya faida...!!

Well thanks, now some more reading to do sad1.gif on yeti man!

T
unni
And on that subject:

http://www.ncf.carleton.ca/~bz050/messner.html
Bawra Jay
QUOTE(Talaikya @ Oct 18 2004, 12:22 PM)
QUOTE(rom @ Oct 18 2004, 12:09 PM)

Anyways I just know 2 mountaineers - Hilary & Hall - and this pic wasn't of either... so.... wild guess karne se kya faida...!!

Well thanks, now some more reading to do sad1.gif on yeti man!

T

Oh my GOD which world u on.. not read on the famous YETI mystery.... ok here is the picture attached for u smile1.gif ...

Yeti = Also known as "abominable snowman"...Few have even claimed to have seen the Yeti, but tracks in the snow, rare photos - often fuzzy, excretions, hairs and disputed testimonies are some of the elements that continue to fuel the debate on the "abominable snowman".
Bawra Jay
ROM , I am gonna call you TEACHER from today.... you reminded me of school days and those kinda quiz.... a very informative quiz.... bow.gif bow.gif bow.gif to Rom bhai ... (hope u r bhai only naa , lately out of ignorance in finding who is who.. making big mistakes of calling bhai a behen and behen a bhai ...lol )
rom
Bawra Jay:
Found a latest article and his own site as well.. dunno what language its in..

Yes, he's quite alive and kicking. The picture I posted was a very recent one... just 2-3 days old, I think.
There was a Messner, though, who became 'late' prematurely... Reinhold's brother, who died in an avalanche in the Himalayas several years ago.
His own website? Ought to be Italian or German.

T:
Well thanks, now some more reading to do  on yeti man!
T

Woh is liye ke champions ne bhi jawab nahin diya thha.
Hall, the New Zealander who died in 1996? Was a great one too... You may have read a book by a guy called Krakeur about that horror of 1996. Another man I admired, called Boukareev, survived 1996. But he too died a few years in a landslide in the Himalayas. sad1.gif
Bawra Jay
Some time back before my brain cells where not so less active and not busy with business mind.... I use to have a curiosity mind of reading strange findings , UFOs, and things which might not seems to be true....or question of debate... the most fav among all of those was "Bermuda Triangle"...

My gosh ROM this is excellent idea to start such topic.... all unheard or question mark kinda findings / stories.... mysteries blab.gif I use to have a big bookmarks of such sites... uffo... seems to have lost it between transitions of laptops cry.gif cry.gif

Talaikya this is another one luckily had on my archive folders smile1.gif...

China's 'Loch Ness Monster' Resurfaces

BEIJING - China's legendary "Lake Tianchi Monster" has surfaced anew, with local officials reporting sightings of as many as 20 of the mysterious and unidentified creatures in a lake near North Korea.

Sightings of the strange beast -- China's version of the "Loch Ness Monster" -- date back more than a century, but like Scotland's famed "Nessie" reports vary and remain unconfirmed.

On the morning of July 11, several local government cadres caught sight of a school of mysterious creatures swimming through the lake in the Changbai mountains, in northeastern Jilin province, the Beijing Youth Daily said on Tuesday.

"Within about 50 minutes, the monsters appeared five times," it quoted one of the officials, provincial forestry bureau vice-director Zhang Lufeng, as saying. "At times there was one, at times there were several. The last time, there was as many as about 20."

He said the creatures, two to three kilometers (1.25-2 miles) in the distance, appeared only as white or black spots. But from the ripples in the water, he and others determined the spots were "living beings."

Officials were not reachable for comment.

In 1903, according to local records, a creature resembling a huge buffalo with a deafening roar sprang out of the water and attempted to attack three people before one them shot it in the belly six times. The beast roared and disappeared back into the water.

A more recently documented sighting compared the head of the monster to that of a human -- except with big round eyes, a protruding mouth and a neck 1.2 to 1.5 meters long. It also had a white ring separating its neck and torso and smooth, gray skin.
Talaikya
QUOTE(rom @ Oct 18 2004, 12:29 PM)
There was a Messner, though, who became 'late' prematurely... Reinhold's brother, who died in an avalanche in the Himalayas several years ago.

Kitne brave hote hai na yeh log? I admire their physical and mental strength to embrace such hardships... pata nahin kaise log hoge yeh. I don't have mental strength to face yard work!! tongue.gif

Hall, the New Zealander who died in 1996? Was a great one too... You may have read a book by a guy called Krakeur about that horror of 1996.

No I didn't read the book (came across it online while ascertaining that Rob Hall wasn't the guy in your quiz picture) but saw a tv movie of the misadventure, which is why Hall stuck in my mind.

Another man I admired, called Boukareev, survived 1996. But he too died a few years in a landslide in the Himalayas. sad1.gif

How do they do it???? They don't get scared of death???

So anyways Rom ji, then are you a mountaineer too? Maybe a budding one? An accomplished one?? Wow that would be just great. Aap ko kyon interest hain is subject mein?

T

rom
Bawra Jay:
ROM , I am gonna call you TEACHER from today.... you reminded me of school days and those kinda quiz.... a very informative quiz....    to Rom bhai ... (hope u r bhai only naa , lately out of ignorance in finding who is who.. making big mistakes of calling bhai a behen and behen a bhai ...lol )

Well, I just posted this particular image cause I saw it on the news wires, and because I like this man. I don't really have anything to teach anyone!
Yes, I'm a bhai... should be obvious from my reluctance to address the (supposed) ladies on the forum as 'behans'!
rom
T:
Kitne brave hote hai na yeh log? I admire their physical and mental strength to embrace such hardships... pata nahin kaise log hoge yeh.

Yes, very true. Totally fearless.

No I didn't read the book (came across it online while ascertaining that Rob Hall wasn't the guy in your quiz picture) but saw a tv movie of the misadventure, which is why Hall stuck in my mind.

OK. The book I was talking about is 'Into Thin Air'... not too well written, I thought, but quite thrilling. A really amazing story about this chap, Boukreev in it... after the storm that killed several people, and while everybody else collapsed, he went out to search for them. He climbed without oxygen, and was later accused by several of the expedition members of not really doing his duty well... a really remarkable man, nevertheless.

So anyways Rom ji, then are you a mountaineer too? Maybe a budding one? An accomplished one?? Wow that would be just great. Aap ko kyon interest hain is subject mein?

Mountaineer! blab.gif After talking of these chaps, it'd be a joke! Just like hills, and walking in the mountains. That's all. Interest isliye hei because theise tales are so gripping, and remind me that the life away from cities and towns can be really exhilerating!
Chitralekha
QUOTE(Bawra Jay @ Oct 18 2004, 09:22 AM)

Found a latest article and his own site as well.. dunno what language its in.. sad1.gif

user posted image

His name sounds like German.
Chitralekha
QUOTE(Bawra Jay @ Oct 18 2004, 09:37 AM)
Some time back before my brain cells where not so less active and not busy with business mind.... I use to have a curiosity mind of reading strange findings , UFOs, and things which might not seems to be true....or question of debate... the most fav among all of those was "Bermuda Triangle"...

OMG! bermuda tirangle fascinates me to no end ever since I read about it as kid. They say it's some volcanic activity under water, some also say 3-4 geographical plates meet at the spot. But then the vacuum effect? why is it only there and no where else on the earth? Too many questions unanswered. It is near the carribean islands, right? Sargossa(sp?) sea was also something quite interesting when I read about it in my high school geography book.

My gosh ROM this is excellent idea to start such topic.... all unheard or question mark kinda findings / stories.... mysteries blab.gif I use to have a big bookmarks of such sites... uffo... seems to have lost it between transitions of laptops cry.gif cry.gif

Talaikya this is another one luckily had on my archive folders smile1.gif...

China's 'Loch Ness Monster' Resurfaces

BEIJING - China's legendary "Lake Tianchi Monster" has surfaced anew, with local officials reporting sightings of as many as 20 of the mysterious and unidentified creatures in a lake near North Korea.

Sightings of the strange beast -- China's version of the "Loch Ness Monster" -- date back more than a century, but like Scotland's famed "Nessie" reports vary and remain unconfirmed.

On the morning of July 11, several local government cadres caught sight of a school of mysterious creatures swimming through the lake in the Changbai mountains, in northeastern Jilin province, the Beijing Youth Daily said on Tuesday.

"Within about 50 minutes, the monsters appeared five times," it quoted one of the officials, provincial forestry bureau vice-director Zhang Lufeng, as saying. "At times there was one, at times there were several. The last time, there was as many as about 20."

He said the creatures, two to three kilometers (1.25-2 miles) in the distance, appeared only as white or black spots. But from the ripples in the water, he and others determined the spots were "living beings."

Officials were not reachable for comment.

In 1903, according to local records, a creature resembling a huge buffalo with a deafening roar sprang out of the water and attempted to attack three people before one them shot it in the belly six times. The beast roared and disappeared back into the water.

A more recently documented sighting compared the head of the monster to that of a human -- except with big round eyes, a protruding mouth and a neck 1.2 to 1.5 meters long. It also had a white ring separating its neck and torso and smooth, gray skin.

That looks like a snake and a turtle to me. Scary! the size is so huge ohmy.gif
Bawra Jay
QUOTE(Chitralekha @ Oct 19 2004, 12:52 PM)

OMG! bermuda tirangle fascinates me to no end ever since I read about it as kid. They say it's some volcanic activity under water, some also say 3-4 geographical plates meet at the spot. But then the vacuum effect? why is it only there and no where else on the earth? Too many questions unanswered. It is near the carribean islands, right? Sargossa(sp?) sea was also something quite interesting when I read about it in my high school geography book.

Chalti hya kiya... Bermuda Exploration ke liye... soch le wapis aney ki koi gurantee nahi wink2.gif ... ha ha JK..

Here is the picture diagram ..courtsey of NGE smile1.gif
Chitralekha
I am ready to go if my manager doesnt fire me. biggrin.gif lol

Seriously though, how come the islands in the triangle are not affected and only the things. I read many articles that said planes, ships and swimmers have vanished into thin air when on the triangle. How is that possible?????? Thanks for the map.
Bawra Jay
Chitz... check it out , I have posted some article on Bermuda triangle... that is the thread we should all put this kinda stuff... Atlantis.. bermuda triangle ...and even that whole thing about Ganpati ji drinking milk episode in india....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.