Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Main Nashe Mein Hoon (1958)
Hamara Forums > Legends > Legendary Music Directors > Shankar Jaikishan
swarapriya
This is one of the most beautiful albums composed by Shankar-Jaikishan. Every song is a gem and sung with lot of soul. The song (Ghalib's famous ghazal) "Yeh Na Thi Hamari Qismat" was sung separately by both Lata and Usha Mangeshkar. Usha's song was not on the CD. It was given to me by a friend of mine. Unfortunately, it is at 320 KBPS. I am not sure the admins will make an exception to upload this song or not. I wiil take liberties to do it. Also, the song "Ghair Ki Gali Mein" was also not on the CD. This song was recorded at 96 KBPS. Rest of the songs are all at 192 KBPS. Enjoy it.

First the list of songs, then all the songs.

swarapriya
Here are the rest of the songs from Main Nashe Mein Hoon ...
HumTum
Swarapriya ji looks like you are an ardent fan of our favourite composers SJ. Thanks a lot for the many wonderful uploads. bow.gif
swarapriya
QUOTE(HumTum @ Jan 11 2008, 07:33 PM) *

Swarapriya ji looks like you are an ardent fan of our favourite composers SJ. Thanks a lot for the many wonderful uploads. bow.gif

I am a fan of everything good to listen to. Shankar-Jaikishan gave me lot of moments to be very very happy. Thanks for your comments Humtumji!
Prabhakar
Dear Swarpriyaji and friends,

Does anyone else think that Yeh Na Thi Hamari Kismat listed under Lata is the same as Usha Mangeshakar or are my ears loosing "it" ? Lata has sung Yeh Na Thi under music direction of her brother Hridaynath Mangeshkar and that version is distinctly different.

Prabhakar

HumTum
Prabhakar bhai my cd lists it as Usha Mangeshakar and not Lata. It is Usha indeed. Let me download Swarapriya sis' file that is marked as Lata. My cd is a combo of Kanhaiya and MNMH.

Swarapriya sis thanks for the Lata version and also the song missed in the CD. smile.gif

Sis, the song Gair ki gali mein is not Usha but Asha! Just downloaded and heard it, plus checked my Asha database too. Both the songs files - Yeh na tha hamari kismat are by Usha. wacko.gif Thanks again for the songs. smile.gif
Sukesh Hoogan
QUOTE(swarapriya @ Jan 12 2008, 08:47 AM) *

This is one of the most beautiful albums composed by Shankar-Jaikishan. Every song is a gem and sung with lot of soul. The song (Ghalib's famous ghazal) "Yeh Na Thi Hamari Qismat" was sung separately by both Lata and Usha Mangeshkar. Usha's song was not on the CD. It was given to me by a friend of mine. Unfortunately, it is at 320 KBPS. I am not sure the admins will make an exception to upload this song or not. I wiil take liberties to do it. Also, the song "Ghair Ki Gali Mein" was also not on the CD. This song was recorded at 96 KBPS. Rest of the songs are all at 192 KBPS. Enjoy it.

First the list of songs, then all the songs.

Some corrections

1) The film was released in 1959.
2) 'ghair ki gali mein' is sung by Asha Bhosle and the lyricist is Shailendra (according to Vishwas Nerurkar's list of S-J songs). Even in the file uploaded, one can discern that it is Asha Bhosle.

Regards
Sukesh
swarapriya
Thanks for your input HumTumji and Sukeshji. I duely note that the song "Ghair" is by Asha and not Usha. I am gratified to see that we rally around each other so much. The music has this binding as well as spellbinding effect on all of us.
venkat
One more observation.

The Rafi solo, Lo Khoon Se Khoon Juda Hua, is a full 03:25 duration song. But, in the above upload of 04:44 duration, hardly 40 seconds is the duration of Rafi Saab's song. The rest is all Nasir Hussain /others speaking!

Can someone kindly upload the full solo of Rafi Saab, which is an excellent one?

Thanks,

Venkat
HumTum
clap2.gif Venkat bhai that means my file is a full version. biggrin.gif Thanks!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.