Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Boot Polish (1954)
Hamara Forums > Legends > Legendary Music Directors > Shankar Jaikishan
swarapriya
Raj Kapoor made this little "big" movie when he was not even 25 years old. With youthful exuberance symbolizing many Shankar-Jaikishan's songs one would think that Asha probably would have many opportunities to sing for them. But the famous miusic duo stuck with Lata who delivered hit after hit for them. This movie "Boot Polish" is a sole exception where Shankar-Jaikishan did not use Lata's talents. Instead all female songs were done by Asha. Together with Manna Dey, Rafi, and Talat, Asha does not disappoint the trust the music directors put in her.

Here is a list of the songs followed by the songs themselves ...

venkat
Swarapriya Ji,

Great work, once again.

But, I would request you to re-check one of your uploads, "Malik Tere Jahan Mein". It is not from Boot Polish, but is from Film:Ab Dilli Door Nahin (MD:Dattaram). Also, it is not sung by Asha, but sung by Sudha Malhotra in a tone that is very similar to that of Asha!

It is a different matter that Dattaram, along with Sabastian, was an important Assistant to SJ!

Venkat
swarapriya
QUOTE(venkat @ Jan 10 2008, 08:03 PM) *

Swarapriya Ji,

Great work, once again.

But, I would request you to re-check one of your uploads, "Malik Tere Jahan Mein". It is not from Boot Polish, but is from Film:Ab Dilli Door Nahin (MD:Dattaram). Also, it is not sung by Asha, but sung by Sudha Malhotra in a tone that is very similar to that of Asha!

It is a different matter that Dattaram, along with Sabastian, was an important Assistant to SJ!

Venkat

Venkat Ji,

You're absoultely right. Thank you very much for correcting my error. My apologies for any confusion this has caused. I will be uploading songs from "Ab Dilli Door Nahin" soon.

Swarapriya
Devje
SWARAPRIYA Ji , THANK YOU VERY MUCH AGAIN ....

Isko kehte hai
Click to view attachment
venkat
QUOTE(swarapriya @ Jan 11 2008, 11:29 AM) *

QUOTE(venkat @ Jan 10 2008, 08:03 PM) *

Swarapriya Ji,

Great work, once again.

Venkat

Venkat Ji,

You're absoultely right. Thank you very much for correcting my error. My apologies for any confusion this has caused. I will be uploading songs from "Ab Dilli Door Nahin" soon.

Swarapriya

No, no, not at all! Just wanted to point out an inadvertent error. Look forward to seeing you continue the good work.

Venkat
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.