Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: S.d. Batish's Carnatic Mela Recordings
Hamara Forums > Legends > Legendary Music Directors > Shiv Dayal Batish
raga_tala
Greetings,

I purchased Volume I of the Melakarta recordings in North Indian style by Pandit S.D. Batish. Whether you are a Batish fan or have great interest in classical music, this is a must! I especially enjoyed the Netra Chakra recordings, but all of the tracks are an enjoyable hear.

I was wondering, are the other five volumes released? I've been trying to search the web to see the other volumes, but I cannot find any. I would like to hear how some of the most unusual melas (to North Indian ears) would sound like.

Thank you very much!
Ashwin Batish
QUOTE(raga_tala @ Jan 6 2008, 09:42 PM) *

Greetings,

I purchased Volume I of the Melakarta recordings in North Indian style by Pandit S.D. Batish. Whether you are a Batish fan or have great interest in classical music, this is a must! I especially enjoyed the Netra Chakra recordings, but all of the tracks are an enjoyable hear.

I was wondering, are the other five volumes released? I've been trying to search the web to see the other volumes, but I cannot find any. I would like to hear how some of the most unusual melas (to North Indian ears) would sound like.

Thank you very much!

Glad to hear your comments. My father's approach was very unique and refreshing to say the least. I myself have become a huge fan of Carnatic ragas because of this.

The rest of the 60 Melas are not yet released. I am working on this. Please PM me and leave you email address so i can let you know when they become available.

Best wishes,
Ashwin Batish
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.