Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tarana From "pakeezah"
Hamara Forums > Legends > Lata Mangeshkar
abhayp
Dear Friends:

I need urgently a copy of Lata-ji's openeng tarana from "Pakeezah". Please help!

Thanks and warm regards,
Abhay
sani_thakur
Funny...I was watching Pakeezah today ... still haven't finished it. Complex Hindi/Urdu - hard for Bong ppl to understand - lol biggrin.gif

However, the Tarana in this DVD is interrupted by dialogues!! But I do have the song...I think from LP or some other original source. However, there is one tiny skip somewhere in the song - so if anyone has a perfect copy, do upload.

File info: 4:08 min @ 128 Kbps.

Click to view attachment

Song courtesy of a friend.

So...what is the urgency Abhay-ji ? laugh.gif

QUOTE(abhayp @ Dec 14 2007, 12:00 AM) *

Dear Friends:

I need urgently a copy of Lata-ji's openeng tarana from "Pakeezah". Please help!

Thanks and warm regards,
Abhay
abhayp
QUOTE(sani_thakur @ Dec 14 2007, 11:33 AM) *

Funny...I was watching Pakeezah today ... still haven't finished it. Complex Hindi/Urdu - hard for Bong ppl to understand - lol biggrin.gif

However, the Tarana in this DVD is interrupted by dialogues!! But I do have the song...I think from LP or some other original source. However, there is one tiny skip somewhere in the song - so if anyone has a perfect copy, do upload.

Click to view attachment

Thanks a ton, Sani! The urgency is that I need to use it as a clue for a quiz I am running this weekend!

By the way, can you confirm whether this song is played when the titles are scrolling on the screen? That's what my memory tells me - just want to confirm it since you said you are watching the film right now!

Warm regards,
Abhay
sani_thakur
Yup - the titles were rolling at that time...and while Lata starts to sing, the movie actually begins...and then there are dialogues in the middle. The one I uploaded is probably from LP/EP or some Audio release.

Well...I was watching it in the evening, and then switched to some Bengali film biggrin.gif

QUOTE(abhayp @ Dec 14 2007, 02:41 AM) *

QUOTE(sani_thakur @ Dec 14 2007, 11:33 AM) *

Click to view attachment

Thanks a ton, Sani! The urgency is that I need to use it as a clue for a quiz I am running this weekend!

By the way, can you confirm whether this song is played when the titles are scrolling on the screen? That's what my memory tells me - just want to confirm it since you said you are watching the film right now!

Warm regards,
Abhay
godofpathos
Can someone please reupload this number??
sani_thakur
Re-uploading...

Click to view attachment

QUOTE(godofpathos @ Nov 23 2009, 11:23 PM) *

Can someone please reupload this number??

surhall
hi
wah wah wah kaya baat han pleas note this song 1950 rec , that time .

i have some rare picture . if get soon u/l here

dhall
HarshBhatt
Thanks for uploading Sani Thakur
sani_thakur
Ho nahi sakta. This song cannot be 1950 recording!!

At best, it is late 60s recording.

QUOTE(surhall @ Jan 10 2010, 08:29 PM) *

hi
wah wah wah kaya baat han pleas note this song 1950 rec , that time .

i have some rare picture . if get soon u/l here

dhall

venkat
To me also, it sounds like Lata's late 60's voice. rolleyes.gif

In any case, it is a well-known fact that not all songs of Pakeezah were composed by Ghulam Mohammed! Some, I am told, were composed by Naushad after Ghulam Mohammed's death in 1968 or even before his death when he was ailing!

Venkat
surhall
hi

100% this song rec 1950- 55. before this movie made b/w 5-7 reel,
but some have problem made movie. than after make in rangeen ( col)
dhall
sani_thakur
That's simply not possible. glare.gif

QUOTE(surhall @ Jan 11 2010, 08:23 PM) *

hi

100% this song rec 1950- 55. before this movie made b/w 5-7 reel,
but some have problem made movie. than after make in rangeen ( col)
dhall

sani_thakur
Ok finaaaallllyyyyyy.....

I had mentioned above that there was a tiny skip in the file I uploaded earlier ... which always annoyed me ... since the skip is just when Lata-ji begins her Taraana .... so this time from India I managed to get OST and did the ripping myself, so here goes below....04:14 min @ 190 Kbps Variable Bit Rate (VBR) OST CDQ...

Click to view attachment
sani_thakur
Also uploading on to an external server, 320 Kbps ABR (average bit rate) file, for those who wanna go for the extra quality....

http://rapidshare.com/files/369836742/Lata...320_ABR.mp3.htm
mkh
QUOTE(sani_thakur @ Mar 30 2010, 03:41 AM) *

Ok finaaaallllyyyyyy.....

I had mentioned above that there was a tiny skip in the file I uploaded earlier ... which always annoyed me ... since the skip is just when Lata-ji begins her Taraana .... so this time from India I managed to get OST and did the ripping myself, so here goes below....04:14 min @ 190 Kbps Variable Bit Rate (VBR) OST CDQ...

Click to view attachment

Thank you very much for a lovely piece. It is awesome.

MKH
godofpathos
Anyone know what raag this tarana is in?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.