Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sardhana-a Christian Pilgrimage In India
Hamara Forums > General > Tourists paradise
humble_rafi
Last month I got the chance to visit Sardhana,known for a beautiful church named The Basilica of Our Lady of Graces.Sardhana is a few kilo meters from Meerut.

It is believed that the church was built by a Muslim Lady called Begum Samru,who later converted to Christianity when she happened to see Mother Mary.She considered to be the only Catholic ruler in India.If you google,you will get to know more about this place.

I was also told that this church has healing power and miracles happen in its adjoining area.I was lucky to visit this place with a mass from Delhi,The Priest allowed me to be a part of it, as requested by a friend of mine.This is also a tourist place.It has a Seminary for Studies of Christianity.

I strongly believe in India's unity in diversity.This place is one of the finest example I have come across.I am uploading some of the pics that I have taken.

Cheers
piya_banerjee
wow..thanks a lot. this is interesting...
lakshmi

Nice pics Gaurav. Thanks for sharing

Lakshmi
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.