Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Food For The "day"
Hamara Forums > General > Games N' Puzzles
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
simplefable
QUOTE(azad @ Oct 20 2007, 01:13 PM) *

They also specialize in "hot pot" (a boiling pot with lots of spices and peppers in the middle of the table). You are given your raw meats and vegetables and you cook your own. and use sesame and peanut sauce as the dip. Could be a problem in summer though, with all that heat and the spicy fumes around.

Anyhow, this cuisine is my favourite amongst all Chinese cuisines, maybe because the taste is on par with our curries.

I attended a dinner once in Urumqi, china for a hot pot. That was a nightmare for me, as i am a veggie.. smile.gif I just ate some hot bread and acted as if i am eating a lot from the pot of leaf vegetables..and carrots.. though i eat very very spicy food, this veggie thing comes in my way where ever i go.. biggrin.gif
lakshmi

Simplefable,

I am also a vegetarian. Last night, I had hummos. spinach krass triangle and falafal sandwich for dinner.
Reeth
I had a brunch of chicken and salad sandwich with mayonnaise dip and a chocalate milk shake....WOW n YUmmy... tongue1.gif
simplefable
Right now...munching on hot hot boiled Groundnuts !! heaven... biggrin.gif
Reeth
QUOTE(simplefable @ Oct 22 2007, 11:16 AM) *

Right now...munching on hot hot boiled Groundnuts !! heaven... biggrin.gif

WOW i love them too.....

I love corn on the cob or spiced up served in cups or even pop corns with butter......
simplefable
QUOTE(Reeth @ Oct 22 2007, 11:21 AM) *

I love corn on the cob or spiced up served in cups or even pop corns with butter......

Enjoyed them while in US... smile.gif But i avoid butter here..quite oily..
Marcilo
Yesterday I had time to grill so I grilled Cod, Flounders and some chicken and then to trash healthy eating, finished off with banana split along with 3 scoops of ice cream for dinner at UDF sad.gif
lakshmi

Just had left over bengan bharta, aloo palak and rice. Not too great.
deewani
The foodie guy on the news radio station today discussed baingan ka bhartha, was interesting hearing a gora's perspective on it. Had Round Table's Wombo Combo pizza, all kinds of goodies on that one.
Reeth
QUOTE(simplefable @ Oct 19 2007, 11:36 AM) *

QUOTE(Reeth @ Oct 19 2007, 10:30 AM) *

Since i am a paying guest i am at my owner's mercy, who is moody...at such times i make do with museli...
But today the lady was in a super mood so i got Lovely hot Idli sambar and Coffee....i am planning to buy some flowers for her later so that this present mood continues for a few more days... tongue1.gif

Atta Boy..that is the way to a woman's heart. tongue1.gif
Incidentally, i too had Idli with sambar ..courtesy my always-good-mood servant maid. smile.gif

Flowers are working in a big way tongue1.gif .....Had late but a hearty breakfast of Puri bhaji and kheer.....
Now waiting for dinner tongue1.gif

simplefable
QUOTE(Reeth @ Oct 23 2007, 01:22 PM) *

Flowers are working in a big way tongue1.gif .....Had late but a hearty breakfast of Puri bhaji and kheer.....

Now i will say it again...Atta boy !! That is the way to a woman's heart... laugh.gif bow.gif

I just had my usual fill..Sambar, Rasam, Curd.. smile.gif
Marcilo
QUOTE(deewani @ Oct 22 2007, 10:21 PM) *

The foodie guy on the news radio station today discussed baingan ka bhartha, was interesting hearing a gora's perspective on it. Had Round Table's Wombo Combo pizza, all kinds of goodies on that one.

Really, over in California do they discuss that on radio shows? wow.
Marcilo
Hot cream cereal and an apple for breakfast
Reeth
QUOTE(simplefable @ Oct 23 2007, 03:01 PM) *

QUOTE(Reeth @ Oct 23 2007, 01:22 PM) *

Now i will say it again...Atta boy !! That is the way to a woman's heart... laugh.gif bow.gif

I just had my usual fill..Sambar, Rasam, Curd.. smile.gif

thumbs-up.gif biggrin.gif

I have had a working lunch which means i am not too happy with it....2 cheese sandwiches
coke and an apple...........but later i am planning to have the largest Stake with all possible
trimmings.... tongue1.gif
azad
QUOTE(Reeth @ Oct 25 2007, 05:53 PM) *
I have had a working lunch which means i am not too happy with it....2 cheese sandwiches coke and an apple...........but later i am planning to have the largest Stake with all possible trimmings.... tongue1.gif
Bon Appetit, I had to thank good old Ronald for my meal at maccas this evening.
Marcilo
Last night's dinner was good.
Buffalo chicken ranch wrap and chicken wings @ Buffalo wild wings

Had Daal and Mushrooms for lunch
mmuk2004
Had chilli chicken, rice and salad for lunch. Turned out good even though I made it tongue1.gif
bawlachintu
QUOTE(Marcilo @ Oct 26 2007, 02:27 AM) *

Buffalo ke size ka chicken wacko.gif
mmuk2004
Early dinner...had some excellent meat koftas... hubby dear is back so food is taking a front-seat again with a super enthusiastic head cook... biggrin.gif
azad
Just finished my breakfast.....scrambled eggs on toast, coffee and an orange juice. The best part of it is, I didn't have to prepare it smile.gif
Marcilo
QUOTE(bawlachintu @ Oct 25 2007, 07:15 PM) *

No that is a famous sauce from place called Buffalo. Its hot and spicy.
Marcilo
Doodh Jalebi for breakfast biggrin.gif wah wah.. life ho tau aaisi
deewani
QUOTE(Marcilo @ Oct 23 2007, 08:24 AM) *

He's actually discussed desi food and masalas quite a few times, he eventually posts about the recipe he talks about too online, only they are treating it as appetizer, where for most of us I think it would be a main dish:
http://www.kcbs.com/Narsai-s-Sauteed-Eggpl...petizer/1130335 I make bhartha different then most and to me that recipe is missing lots of good stuff, lol. (But I can't say I like that restaurant either, so, lol!) He had mentioned in his segment how eggplant and tomato seems to be a universal pairing (ex. Eggplant Parmesan) and I couldn't help think so are Spinach and Corn Flour (Greens & Cornbread or Saag & Makhi Di Roti) and Rice and Beans.

Anyhow I had a bean tostada from my favorite Mexican restaurant today. (Oh and I have a wine recommendation for anyone visiting Napa Valley: V Sattui Gamay Rouge - sold only at the winery or online at their website - btw that comes from someone who doesn't drink, lol! But seriously if anyone ever visits there definately check it out!)
IDOL
r u talkin about what u ate recently??

------

cinnamon raison bagel and coffee cool.gif

deewani
Yes IDOL smile.gif

Masoor Dal & Chapathi (or in Punjabi: Masra Di Dal Thay Roti!), yum, lol.

azad
A whole bucket of Colonel Sander's Chicken (between 2 of us..........animals!) biggrin.gif
bawlachintu
QUOTE(Marcilo @ Oct 27 2007, 09:09 PM) *

OK . Kentucky Fried Chicken is named after a state biggrin.gif
IDOL
cinnamon raison bagel and coffee sad.gif
Marcilo
QUOTE(bawlachintu @ Oct 29 2007, 08:52 AM) *

QUOTE(Marcilo @ Oct 27 2007, 09:09 PM) *

OK . Kentucky Fried Chicken is named after a state biggrin.gif

yes, kind of same deal. But KFC is really bad, too much of Oil
Marcilo
QUOTE(azad @ Oct 29 2007, 08:42 AM) *

A whole bucket of Colonel Sander's Chicken (between 2 of us..........animals!) biggrin.gif

what is that ??? Some thing you get in "Cheen"
Marcilo
Left Over paneer makhani, Tandoori Parontha from Desi restaurant and home made maah ki daal… for lunch
Marcilo
QUOTE(deewani @ Oct 27 2007, 10:45 PM) *

QUOTE(Marcilo @ Oct 23 2007, 08:24 AM) *

He's actually discussed desi food and masalas quite a few times, he eventually posts about the recipe he talks about too online, only they are treating it as appetizer, where for most of us I think it would be a main dish:
http://www.kcbs.com/Narsai-s-Sauteed-Eggpl...petizer/1130335 I make bhartha different then most and to me that recipe is missing lots of good stuff, lol. (But I can't say I like that restaurant either, so, lol!) He had mentioned in his segment how eggplant and tomato seems to be a universal pairing (ex. Eggplant Parmesan) and I couldn't help think so are Spinach and Corn Flour (Greens & Cornbread or Saag & Makhi Di Roti) and Rice and Beans.

Anyhow I had a bean tostada from my favorite Mexican restaurant today. (Oh and I have a wine recommendation for anyone visiting Napa Valley: V Sattui Gamay Rouge - sold only at the winery or online at their website - btw that comes from someone who doesn't drink, lol! But seriously if anyone ever visits there definately check it out!)

That is the hardest part of making bhartha here in usa, well here is some thing I had used in past. Use Pressure cooker to soften egg plant and then its all same. Gas ki safai bhi nahi karni pade gi baad mai

Roast eggplants slowly over an open flame or under a broiler

Oh and I have a wine recommendation for anyone visiting Napa Valley: V Sattui Gamay Rouge -
Once i get back to drinking, i gotta get some from Trader joe. I been eyeing that for a while now
IDOL
Rice & Beans.....

azad
QUOTE(Marcilo @ Oct 30 2007, 04:52 AM) *
QUOTE(azad @ Oct 29 2007, 08:42 AM) *

what is that ??? Some thing you get in "Cheen"
Nahin Marci.........KFC laugh.gif
deewani
QUOTE(Marcilo @ Oct 29 2007, 01:59 PM) *

That is the hardest part of making bhartha here in usa, well here is some thing I had used in past. Use Pressure cooker to soften egg plant and then its all same. Gas ki safai bhi nahi karni pade gi baad mai

To me it must be roasted either via flame or in broiler other wise you don't get that roasted taste, I'm very particular, the broiler in the oven works fine, you just need to put the eggplants in foil and place them on the top-most rack, using the broil function of the oven, turning them evenly until skins burn off pretty much.

Squash sabzi and roti/chapathi today.
IDOL
tired of all those readins..........for break, i am eatin Ras Malay bought from Indian store today.

simplefable
Mmm..Rasmalayee is yummy.. smile.gif
Having my apple ....and milk. tongue1.gif
IDOL
QUOTE(simplefable @ Oct 29 2007, 08:19 PM) *
Mmm..Rasmalayee is yummy.. smile.gif
Having my apple ....and milk. tongue1.gif

....and that Rasmalay made me so full that i dun wanna have dinner , what was that ? sad1.gif

simplefable
QUOTE(IDOL @ Oct 30 2007, 08:07 AM) *

....and that Rasmalay made me so full that i dun wanna have dinner , what was that ? sad1.gif

biggrin.gif Yeh to hona hi tha....it is all stuffed calories, condensed milk, sugar.. biggrin.gif
IDOL
QUOTE(simplefable @ Oct 29 2007, 08:41 PM) *
QUOTE(IDOL @ Oct 30 2007, 08:07 AM) *

biggrin.gif Yeh to hona hi tha....it is all stuffed calories, condensed milk, sugar.. biggrin.gif

whattttttttttttttt, means i earned another extra pound muft main sad1.gif...........i didn't go to gym this week and can't go tomorrow either sad1.gif

simplefable
QUOTE(IDOL @ Oct 30 2007, 08:12 AM) *

whattttttttttttttt, means i earned another extra pound muft main sad1.gif...........i didn't go to gym this week and can't go tomorrow either sad1.gif

No problem..sometimes we need to pamper ourselves. Just drink lots of water..and give it all you got in your next visit to the Gym.. smile.gif
IDOL
QUOTE(simplefable @ Oct 29 2007, 08:47 PM) *
QUOTE(IDOL @ Oct 30 2007, 08:12 AM) *

whattttttttttttttt, means i earned another extra pound muft main sad1.gif ...........i didn't go to gym this week and can't go tomorrow either sad1.gif

No problem..sometimes we need to pamper ourselves. Just drink lots of water..and give it all you got in your next visit to the Gym.. smile.gif

i was wonderin what happened that i am so full? i ate Rasmalay thinkin it's like ice cream......but i am so full that i can't eat the ribs that i just cooked..........even the smell is unpleasant for me ohmy.gif ...........maybe Mom eat it when she's home tongue1.gif

simplefable
QUOTE(IDOL @ Oct 30 2007, 08:36 AM) *

..........maybe Mom eat it when she's home tongue1.gif

Feed the mom and stay thin ? laugh.gif
IDOL
QUOTE(simplefable @ Oct 29 2007, 09:08 PM) *
QUOTE(IDOL @ Oct 30 2007, 08:36 AM) *

..........maybe Mom eat it when she's home tongue1.gif

Feed the mom and stay thin ? laugh.gif

LOL.............well gol matol moms look cute na laugh.gif

simplefable
QUOTE(IDOL @ Oct 30 2007, 08:40 AM) *

YESsss...actually i had this perception from my childhood. My mom, though not rotund, was healthy. When i put my hands around her waist...i never used to get both of my hands together behind her back...and i was so happy. kind of solid support. I even used to pity one of my friends, whose mother is pencil thin.. laugh.gif
IDOL
QUOTE(simplefable @ Oct 29 2007, 09:13 PM) *
QUOTE(IDOL @ Oct 30 2007, 08:40 AM) *

YESsss...actually i had this perception from my childhood. My mom, though not rotund, was healthy. When i put my hands around her waist...i never used to get both of my hands together behind her back...and i was so happy. kind of solid support. I even used to pity one of my friends, whose mother is pencil thin.. laugh.gif

my mom medium ..........but she has to finish that Rasmalay laugh.gif .........she's less physical with me..........since childhood she never let me hug her.....she is friend now, but not physical .....she hates to be hugged sad1.gif

simplefable
QUOTE(IDOL @ Oct 30 2007, 08:46 AM) *

....she hates to be hugged sad1.gif

Show her the movie...Munna bhai MBBS..... smile.gif Have you seen it btw?
IDOL
QUOTE(simplefable @ Oct 29 2007, 09:22 PM) *

i did and she did too.......................but i am ok, i respect her choice...........caoz things she gave me, no mom could.............

simplefable
QUOTE(IDOL @ Oct 30 2007, 08:54 AM) *

i did and she did too.......................but i am ok, i respect her choice...........caoz things she gave me, no mom could.............

smile.gif
HumTum
QUOTE(simplefable @ Oct 30 2007, 09:01 AM) *
QUOTE(IDOL @ Oct 30 2007, 08:54 AM) *

smile.gif

Nevertheless Idol sis, it is the heart and the message she conveys to you by way of her deeds towards you that matters. smile.gif That speaks a lot than a hug. smile.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.