Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Some Evergreen Songs (in My Voice)...
Hamara Forums > Music > Hamari Sangeet Mehfil
King Rafi
Dear friends,

Here is my first song for you. Needless to say, it is of my favorite singer. 'Pukarata Chala Hu Main' with Karaoke.

Constructive feedback would be more than welcome!

If you like it, you are welcome to farmaish! I prefer Rafi Saab's songs from 50s and 60s.
King Rafi
Friends, there was some problem and the above file was not playing. I have fixed it now, kindly click on the play button below! Thanks.

Anwar_Fan
Hiya Mate, shakehands.gif

Enjoyed your Rafi rendition, I’ve written comments on your esnips profile, but aint gonna stop me from commenting again, Wah excl.gif Wah excl.gif

smile.gif Nice one, enjoyed that.

Keep em coming wink.gif

King Rafi
Anwar Mian, thanks for your kind comments.

Listened to your 'Mujhe dard-e-dil Ka Pata Na Tha' and left some comments on esnips. Where did you manage to get the karaoke of that track? Can you pls upload it on HF or give the location?

Thx!
King Kishore
Good job, King Rafi. smile.gif
Anwar_Fan
QUOTE(King Rafi @ Sep 10 2007, 04:02 AM) *

Anwar Mian, thanks for your kind comments.

Listened to your 'Mujhe dard-e-dil Ka Pata Na Tha' and left some comments on esnips. Where did you manage to get the karaoke of that track? Can you pls upload it on HF or give the location?

Thx!

Sorry for the late reply, I've only just seen your request

Here's your track for MUJHE DARD E DIL KA PATHA NA THA

Click to view attachment

smile.gif
sanjkash
QUOTE(King Rafi @ Sep 8 2007, 06:34 AM) *

Friends, there was some problem and the above file was not playing. I have fixed it now, kindly click on the play button below! Thanks.

Well done King Rafi sahab. Keep it up.
Sanjay
venkat
QUOTE(King Rafi @ Sep 8 2007, 11:04 AM) *

KR,

It is not playing again, I think. Could you check?

Venkat
King Rafi
@King Kishore and @sanjkash, thx for the compliments!

@anwar mian, thx for the karaoke track. I'll d/l it after improving my ratio, in a day or two!

@venkat, ust checked, and it is working. The golden one is NOT working, but the blue one (in the second post) is working. Pls do give it another try!

Since I am newbie here, my posts appear 24 hrs after posting, so pls bear with me.
simplefable
QUOTE(King Rafi @ Sep 7 2007, 03:26 PM) *

Dear friends,

Here is my first song for you. Needless to say, it is of my favorite singer. 'Pukarata Chala Hu Main' with Karaoke.

If you like it, you are welcome to farmaish! I prefer Rafi Saab's songs from 50s and 60s.

KR.....you are absolutely marvelous. you have such a nice feel in your voice..i am just amazed. PLEASE keep singing...farmaish? ...what about Ehsan tera hoga mujh par dil chahta hai....junglee? i know that you will really really sing that beautifully.... clap1.gif clap2.gif
sri
nice one - King Rafi ! You have a pleasant voice - keep it up.

could you share the karaoke track used ?

Sri
King Rafi
QUOTE(sri @ Sep 14 2007, 10:08 AM) *

nice one - King Rafi ! You have a pleasant voice - keep it up.

could you share the karaoke track used ?

Sri

Sure! I'll share my entire collection of 'Rafi Solo Karaoke' in the Rafi section over a period of time. I have some 14 CDs.
OMkar
QUOTE(King Rafi @ Sep 7 2007, 03:26 PM) *
Dear friends,

King Rafiji, you have a wonderful voice. Why dont u add little echo to ur voice. It would surely sound much better than now.. Just my opinion... And please do share the song 'Pukarta chala hoon main'... And please rip it in at least 160 kbps so that one can use it to record his voice smile.gif ... Expecting lot more songs in ur lovely voice..

Sanjay, dekh ek aur Sitara Chamaka HF ke aasman par.. smile.gif

Well Done!!

p.s. King Rafiji, could u please guide on how to use this enips player the way u have used it here? And how can I download ur song 'Pukarta chala hoon main'?
venkat
QUOTE(King Rafi @ Sep 8 2007, 11:04 AM) *

Hi King Rafi,

I just got to play and hear your "Pukarta Chala Hun Main" song. Here are my candid comments.

1. On the whole, a very good job.

2. I specially congratulate your Guitarist who did good justice to the lovely (but not so easy) guitar bits of the Original.

3. You guys got the Laya (ie. the beat and pace) of the song quite correct. Mind you, this is always important.

4.You have a nice voice and your rendition was good.

5. But, you have selected a fairly difficult song. In the original, Rafi Saab does not sing even one syllable in a plain manner, but keeps on throwing in sangats/harkatein/adayen everywhere! For instance, at one place, he says, "Pookaarta Chalaa Hun Mmmain' in an intoxicated manner.You know what I mean.

Of course, even you have tried to throw in some of those harkatein, but then there is more to do.

Finally, as there cannot be another Rafi, I do appreciate your attempt and would love to hear more such from you.

Venkat
King Rafi
@omkar, thanks! I have indeed added echo. But adding echo is like a ceiling fan. It is either too fast or too slow! I have spoiled many a songs by putting too much echo. I do it the hardware way, need to learn using to so it with a software.

I’ll def. share the karaoke track in the next 24 hrs. Currently I am busy preparing for our colony musical programme that happens during Ganpati festival. I have to sing 4 songs (2 solo and 2 duets) smile1.gif

cyborg has explained incorporating the esnips part here

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?showtopic=38889

@venkat, thanks! BTW, I have no guitarist! It is a track by Nupur Audio. I also have the track by Vale Music, and background music wise, I think Vale is better. But the problem is the music played at the time of vocal is so loud, it mars the vocals. I’ll upload both versions of ‘Pukarta’ in the Rafi section.

My biggest problem is my sense of timing and rhythm. So I had absolutely no option but to choose a song that is simple on the beats. Recently, at a programme I was to sing ‘Mana Tadapata’ but simply could not fit in the taans in the time cycle, so was forced to change to ‘Dil ka Bhawar Kare Pukar’

I feel privileged that you thought I am good enough to even think of comparing with the great one!

KR
King Rafi
Karaoke of 'Pukarta Chala Hun Main' is uploaded here...

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?showtopic=43791
sanjkash
Anyone who is interested in Karaoke singing.

A small tip on Echo.
If you are using Audacity....
1) Highlight your voice (track)
2) From "Effect" menu choose "Echo"
3) Set "Delay Time (seconds)" = 0.2
4) Set "Delay Factor" = between 0.2 to 0.3 (depending upon the requirement in the song).
This will give pretty good effect to your voice and it is not seen (heard/felt) as excessive Echo

Another small tip on Pitch.
1) Upload the karaoke background track
2) Highlight the track
3) From "Effect" menu choose "Change Pitch..."
4) Shift the knob at the bottom to left or right (respectively if you want to change the pitch of the background track to LOW or HIGH) which can also be seen in "Percent Change" in the same window. This is really Trial and Error.
5) set the Percent Change = to whatever suits your vocal range
Once set, you sing naturally (in your voice range) and the background Karaoke track will be suitable to your voice
This is helpful for those who may have difficuties in getting their vocal pitch to very high pitch or very low (especially if you are singing in the same pitch range of any legend e.g. Rafi, Lata, Talat; Mukesh, Kishore etc.)

Finally a very small tip
Other than "Echo", do not try to add extra "Bass" or "Change Pitch" of your original voiced track. Try to keep your own voice natural (no software manipulations to your voice track, And agian use "Change Picth.." only for the background Karaoke track).

Hope you find this helpful.
Sanjay
OMkar
QUOTE(sanjkash @ Sep 19 2007, 12:50 AM) *

A small tip on Echo.
4) Set "Delay Factor" = between 0.2 to 0.3 (depending upon the requirement in the song).
This will give pretty good effect to your voice and it is not seen (heard/felt) as excessive Echo

2) Highlight the track
4) Shift the know at the bottom to left or right (respectively if you want to change the pitch of the background track to LOW or HIGH) which can also be seen in "Percent Change" in the same window. This is really Trial and Error.
Once set, you sing naturally (in your voice range) and the background Karaoke track will be suitable to your voice
This is helpful for those who may have difficuties in getting their vocal pitch to very high pitch or very low (especially if you are singing in the same pitch range of any legend e.g. Rafi, Lata, Talat; Mukesh, Kishore etc.)

Finally a very small tip
Other than "Echo", do not try to add extra "Bass" or "Change Pitch" of your original voiced track. Try to keep your own voice natural (no software manipulations to your voice track, And agian use "Change Picth.." only for the background Karaoke track).

Sanjay

Gr888 tips buddy!! KR, thanks for the link on how to use esnips smile.gif But I think to do that I have to save my song on esnips... Let me see how I can do that... smile.gif
King Rafi
Sanjay, saw your post just now. Yes, I use Audacity, and your tips will be very useful to me!

OMkar, once u open an account on esnips, you can d/l any song from esnips. You need not upload anything.
noorie

A small tip on Echo.

2) Highlight the track
4) Shift the knob at the bottom to left or right (respectively if you want to change the pitch of the background track to LOW or HIGH) which can also be seen in "Percent Change" in the same window. This is really Trial and Error.

Finally a very small tip

Sanjay

Sanjay, thanks 4 these very helpful tips. thumbs-up.gif You make a g8 guru. bow.gif

Noorie
Anwar_Fan
QUOTE(noorie @ Sep 23 2007, 05:07 PM) *

A small tip on Echo.

2) Highlight the track

Finally a very small tip

Sanjay

Sanjay, thanks 4 these very helpful tips. thumbs-up.gif You make a g8 guru. bow.gif

Noorie

Noorie, just one question when r u uploading your Karaoke's?...........certainly look forward to it smile.gif .........where are all the female singers camera.gif

OMkar
QUOTE(King Rafi @ Sep 18 2007, 12:23 PM) *
@omkar, thanks! I have indeed added echo. But adding echo is like a ceiling fan. It is either too fast or too slow! I have spoiled many a songs by putting too much echo. I do it the hardware way, need to learn using to so it with a software.

I'll def. share the karaoke track in the next 24 hrs. Currently I am busy preparing for our colony musical programme that happens during Ganpati festival. I have to sing 4 songs (2 solo and 2 duets) smile1.gif

cyborg has explained incorporating the esnips part here

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?showtopic=38889

@venkat, thanks! BTW, I have no guitarist! It is a track by Nupur Audio. I also have the track by Vale Music, and background music wise, I think Vale is better. But the problem is the music played at the time of vocal is so loud, it mars the vocals. I'll upload both versions of 'Pukarta' in the Rafi section.

My biggest problem is my sense of timing and rhythm. So I had absolutely no option but to choose a song that is simple on the beats. Recently, at a programme I was to sing 'Mana Tadapata' but simply could not fit in the taans in the time cycle, so was forced to change to 'Dil ka Bhawar Kare Pukar'

I feel privileged that you thought I am good enough to even think of comparing with the great one!

KR

I tried it a lot to add my song as per the instructions but failed.. KRji, I have registered in esnips and also uploaded two songs and made them publically available and also tried to see if it plays and it does play... Then I copies and pasted the code give on esnips and pasted it into the BB code provided by HF... But still it does not work...

Please guide rolleyes.gif
King Rafi
Omkarji, where exactly have u put it up on HF? Can u give me the URL?

I can then look at the code and tell you where the problem lies. I have learnt it the hard way, remember my first attempt didn't succed? smile1.gif
OMkar
QUOTE(King Rafi @ Sep 28 2007, 09:31 AM) *
Omkarji, where exactly have u put it up on HF? Can u give me the URL?

I can then look at the code and tell you where the problem lies. I have learnt it the hard way, remember my first attempt didn't succed? smile1.gif

I copied and pasted the exact portion from the esnips 'promotion' section.

theTheme=blue&autoPlay=no&theFile=http://www.esnips.com//nsdoc/7b3e3bcd-e8bb-49a7-b85a-c0c90ba5627f&theName=OMkar Kahan tak yeh man ko (Baaton baaton mein)&thePlayerURL=http://res0.esnips.com/escentral/images/widgets/flash/mp3WidgetPlayer.swf

And inserted this into esnips tags . But no success..

I get something like this sad.gif

What to do?? sad.gif
King Rafi
I had done the same mistake.

try replacing

res0.esnips.com/escentral

by

static.esnips.com

I mean

OMkar
QUOTE(King Rafi @ Sep 28 2007, 10:34 PM) *

try replacing

by

static.esnips.com

I mean

Mind blowing!!!! Coool stuff!!! I am now planning to upload lot many songs now!!! THANKS YOU SOOOO MUCH MUCH bow.gif
Anwar_Fan
QUOTE(OMkar @ Sep 28 2007, 04:56 PM) *

try replacing

by

static.esnips.com

I mean

Mind blowing!!!! Coool stuff!!! I am now planning to upload lot many songs now!!! THANKS YOU SOOOO MUCH MUCH bow.gif

Well, Well who’s MARATHI now! tongue1.gif

You’re ACE Matey, I’ve never heard this song before so apols in advance, Music sounds like Khayyam Ki Rubbayyee blink.gif , since this is the first time I’m listening to this song, as far as I’m concerned this song is yours...........WAH WAH clap2.gif kya smooth gaya hai……how Romantic wub.gif

You must make a separate topic/thread so all can appreaciate you, I will definitely be looking forward to hear lots more from you

smile.gif
OMkar
QUOTE(Anwar_Fan @ Oct 2 2007, 12:14 AM) *
QUOTE(OMkar @ Sep 28 2007, 04:56 PM) *

try replacing

by

static.esnips.com

I mean

Well, Well who's MARATHI now! tongue1.gif

You're ACE Matey, I've never heard this song before so apols in advance, Music sounds like Khayyam Ki Rubbayyee blink.gif , since this is the first time I'm listening to this song, as far as I'm concerned this song is yours...........WAH WAH clap2.gif kya smooth gaya hai……how Romantic wub.gif

You must make a separate topic/thread so all can appreaciate you, I will definitely be looking forward to hear lots more from you

smile.gif

Anwarbhai, thanks so much for your kind words. But if you hear the original song, you might want to take your opinion back. laugh.gif

Song: Kahan Tak Yeh Man Ko Andhere Chhalenge
Singer: Kishore Kumar
Movie: Baton Baton Mein
MD: Rajesh Roshan
Lyricist: ???

Kishoreda has sung this song sooooooo nicely... I just tried to sing as good as I can.

Thanks once again and surely I am gonna make a different thread where I would upload my songs. Aren't you aware that I already have uploaded many songs in 'Guru and Chela' thread of Kishore Kumar and Hemant Kumar Forum???

Kishoreda Ki Mehfil
https://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...=40270&st=0

Hemantda Ki Mehfil
https://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...=42749&st=0

The main reason behind making these threads in these forums was due to the name of this forum itself. I dont really like the name of this forum very much. The phrase 'Sur Mein Na Sahi' does not really encourage me to upload my songs here. I am completely aware that I am not a professional singer but I sincerely feel that I am very much in Sur and Taal. And also there was some request from some other friends who wanted to make a thread; a kinf of as Mehfil of Kishore Kumar songs...

Anyways, wherever the thread is, mehfil is doing good... We have many starts like Sanjay (Chk Hemant Kumar Mehfil), Amanush, Ravikumarfromindia and eskayes. We would like if you also can upload some
Kishore Kumar songs there. smile.gif And enjoy!!!

Thanks once again for your appreciation!

Cheers!!
King Rafi
Got a new mic stand. For just Rs. 190. Never knew it was so cheap! Immediately recorded a song. Since I don't have the karaoke track, this is without music. But could not resist. One of my favorite numbers smile1.gif

Insaaf Ka Mandir Hai Yeh
Amar
110 kbps
2.41 mins
OMkar
QUOTE(King Rafi @ Oct 5 2007, 02:32 PM) *
Got a new mic stand. For just Rs. 190. Never knew it was so cheap! Immediately recorded a song. Since I don't have the karaoke track, this is without music. But could not resist. One of my favorite numbers smile1.gif

Insaaf Ka Mandir Hai Yeh
Amar
110 kbps
2.41 mins

Wow, let me hear!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.